Page 77 of 191 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187127177 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,310 of 5705
  1. #2281
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    116
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tfcboi View Post
    Idk how much stock I give this given who tweeted this but this would be huge… https://twitter.com/transfersmls/sta...403250176?s=21
    Hard to know whether to put any stock in this, but the Mexican press has been reporting that Salcedo has been looking to get back to Europe and has considered offers from Turkey.
    I think he would be a superb signing. 48 caps for Mexico. First team player in both Serie A and Bundesliga. Even played a little MLS back in the day (Manning knows him from the RSL Academy). Only 28; 6'2"; Two-footed; Centre-back but can play either fullback position if needed. Won a Champions League and a Gold Cup.

    He's fluent in english. Here's a nice little interview he did with Herc Gomez just after the last round of WC qualifying. He expresses some serious respect for the CMNT (see 5:05 to 7:47)!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0clhzYIC5A
    Comes across as a thoughtful guy.

    It seems he's earning just under $1 million USD at Tigres (according to this website - https://salarysport.com/football/lig...es-de-la-uanl/). So he could fit just under the DP threshold of $1.62 million and earn a nice uptick in salary. So not impossible.

  2. #2282
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    5,657
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Iím a bit speechless at all of this. But with Insigne we realistically have only one more big salaried player possible, so I canít see us getting an Italian striker amd a high salary Mexican defender. Or if we do, Oso (too much salary) and Richie (paid too little and will be unhappy) will be gone.

    Exciting times hope there is a plan.
    Last edited by MightyDM; 01-05-2022 at 03:22 PM.

  3. #2283
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Location
    FOOTBALLISLIFE
    Posts
    762
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gogon View Post
    Hard to know whether to put any stock in this, but the Mexican press has been reporting that Salcedo has been looking to get back to Europe and has considered offers from Turkey.
    I think he would be a superb signing. 48 caps for Mexico. First team player in both Serie A and Bundesliga. Even played a little MLS back in the day (Manning knows him from the RSL Academy). Only 28; 6'2"; Two-footed; Centre-back but can play either fullback position if needed. Won a Champions League and a Gold Cup.

    He's fluent in english. Here's a nice little interview he did with Herc Gomez just after the last round of WC qualifying. He expresses some serious respect for the CMNT (see 5:05 to 7:47)!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0clhzYIC5A
    Comes across as a thoughtful guy.

    It seems he's earning just under $1 million USD at Tigres (according to this website - https://salarysport.com/football/lig...es-de-la-uanl/). So he could fit just under the DP threshold of $1.62 million and earn a nice uptick in salary. So not impossible.
    Interesting... stalwart, what is needed; possible earning would work. Probably fantasy given the original source? Still... L' Attacco wins matches, La Difesa wins Championships!

  4. #2284
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Location
    FOOTBALLISLIFE
    Posts
    762
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    This guy is a fraud and is using someone else's name. All explained in the below twitter thread

    https://twitter.com/FireTransfers/st...NZXfIU-oQ&s=19
    Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    The brawl that broke out a few nights ago was over this issue, so be careful... to my eye, there were people that night on here hell-bent on propping up the credibility of interweb personalities as sources, and these guys were pretty ... inarticulate, in their forms of argument.

    Strictly speaking for myself, I think there is literally nobody reliable in the interweb if they aren't known/vetted by a credible news organization. Woj is the axe on NBA stuff on twitter, but he is first and foremost a longstanding reporter (with yahoo sports first, now espn).

    I mean this Waking the Red guy no disrespect, and I hope he catches on somewhere in time, we need reporters around here... but when a guy like that cites unnamed sources, I laugh out loud. He is just another poster. I am willing to be proven wrong on this, but that is my default position. I have looked at that site, it isn't journalism. My opinion. Maybe someday.

    (Just to head this off, I get that Italy is a bit different but Romano is no exception - he works for Sky)
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil744 View Post
    A source has told me that Toronto are trying to acquire former RSL and current Tigres CB Carlos Salcedo. The 28 YO Mexican INTL hasn’t played in MLS since 2014. Soon!

    https://twitter.com/TransfersMLS
    Sorry, not sure... is this irony? Someone, please explain, does the Forum consensus now consider this source a fraud or just an unreliable interweb personality poster?

    ensco, insert Lynch's Dune84 'Get Out Of My Mind' meme here, I hold my own sentiments about Romano. I get it, savvy, hustler, of the new print media reality, about 6M each Twitter and Instagram and delivers, been at Sky- inside- since a teenager, but he is young, not even thirty. I am not sure his leads are direct and breaking as opposed to second degree and confirming. He may be first at 'here we go', first to widely disseminate and gets a lot right, but I do not think most of his sources are first tier- ownership, managers or agents, but second degree- likely their underlings or players. I feel he is not yet a seasoned journalist in the sense of others at the classic Italian sports newspapers to have developed those relationships and be trusted, so I do not see him having those connects; Italian Journalism and Calcio has it's class system. And 'most trusted' transfer source... maybe, but those internet metrics can be manipulated. Yet, he is from Napoli, so in the Insigne situation... I am full of contradictions on this.
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 01-05-2022 at 03:05 AM.

  5. #2285
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,465
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amir. View Post
    5.5 years at such a high salary for a player in his thirties is a mistake...if hes not performing at dp level by year four or five of six there is almost no way out as no one would want to pay so much for a player around 35 and a buyout would cost too much...hopefully it all goes well but chances of going badly before the end are considerable
    This is my opinion too.
    In this form, this contract is very risky over the long term. The FO's first target with this contract is revenue increase from marketing/TV viewership and increasing the number of butts in the seats at BMO.

    I am not saying that I am not thrilled with this transfer, like everyone else on this board.
    But after the first 3 years at TFC, in the last 2.5 years of his contract, Insigne IMO will have a full "Jozy in the last 2 years: 2020-2021" effect on TFC, only his wages will be even more high.

    And yes, I say that for about a 19.5 million USD net salary payable for a 3 years contract (about 6.5 mil per year), TFC could have found a better (for the team as a whole), more useful player, and maximum 29 years old at his first match in TFC's colors. OK, maybe not as big as name recognition as Insigne.

    I really, really hope that I am wrong on both of my assumptions.
    We'll see in 2027, lol.
    Last edited by PizzaEatingYeti; 01-05-2022 at 05:04 AM.

  6. #2286
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,465
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    One thing I'm wondering, since this is apparently a 5.5 year deal, is maybe this is a very front-loaded deal, which could be why it's being reported as 80 million over 5.5 (with people assuming it's a constant salary), but maybe it's something like

    Year 1 - 7.25 (half season)
    Year 2 - 14.5
    Year 3 - 5
    Year 4 - 5
    Year 5 - 1.5
    Year 6 - 1.5

    It would actually match up with top DPs have been making on the DP deals, but a declining salary so by the end he's a TAM player and not a 36 year old DP. I could see this being the case and then the agent is leaking the Year 1 salary with everyone just assuming it's a constant salary.
    Agree, something like this would make sense.
    My numbers would be these:

    Year 1 - 8 (half season)
    Year 2 - 14.5
    Year 3 - 5.25
    Year 4 - 4
    Year 5 - 1.5
    Year 6 - 1.5

    Why 8 mil for the 2022 half season?

    Maybe by the time he'll play his first match for TFC, we'll be just marginally placed for being a playoff team, and he must contribute strongly to finish as a strong playoff team.
    Then regardless of TFC was a strong or just marginal playoff candidate at his first match, he must contribute strongly in the playoffs, getting us at least to the final.
    Also we should not forget that for his long time at TFC, this first half season will be the most difficult even off-field, because he will have to adapt to everything new in this time.

    For these reasons I think he should get the highest of all salary years in this half season, this is the year he must be motivated to give his maximum best.

  7. #2287
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Location
    FOOTBALLISLIFE
    Posts
    762
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
    I don't think Insigne will be playing striker, at least not yet. We'll probably either see see a 4231 or 4321. I'm hoping for the latter (and BB departing from his usual 433) to keep Insigne and Pozuelo closer together and to goal. Assuming Poz sticks around. A lot of roster work to be done before we get a real idea.
    Bobo... some fun...
    Need to sharpen my TFC formation and roster skills. Agree, given who we may be acquiring and are returning, the steadfast 433 does not seem the most ideal. Assuming Poz returns... I guess in a 4321, Poz is on the right at the 2. The 4231 seems the strongest default. So... with those set to and likely to return and the most likely 'unconfirmed' in brackets...

    1 - CF-S/(Destro), (Altidore), (Giovinco), Akinola, Achara, Perruzza, Dwyer...
    3 - LM-LW/ Insigne, Shaffelburg, Nelson... CAM/ Poz, (Giovinco), Osorio, Bradley?... RM-RW/ Laryea, (Destro), Marshell-Rutty, Auro...
    2 - LDM/ Osorio, Bradley, Priso... RDM/ Delgado, Bradley, Okello, Auro...
    4 - LFB/ Lawrence, (Criscito), O'Neill, Singh... RFB/ Auro, O'Neill, (Salcedo), Laryea,
    LCB/ Mavinga, (Criscito), (Salcedo), O'Neill, Bradley, Dunn... RCB/ (Criscito), (Salcedo), O'Neill, Bradley, Lawrence, Dunn...
    GK - (Borjan), Westberg, Bono...

    Any and all corrections, updates, thoughts welcome; missing, wrong, no longer, to add players. Player positional slot adjustments... rearrangements too.

  8. #2288
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    6,098
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    But with Insigne we realistically have only one more big slaked player possible, so I canít see us getting an Italian striker amd a high salary Mexican defender.
    Well we will have a DP spot free for the striker and Salcedo makes less currently than Omar did last season so there's no mandated MLS rule to say no. I also know people frequently question ROI and how MLSE would never spend X amount because it makes no business sense and then they usually do. At some point the patterns of TFC have to be recognized; we spend very high, without a known ceiling and Jozy will be injured for most of the season. Those are our constants.

  9. #2289
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    3,891
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Some more buzz coming from Italy that Belotti is not impressed by Milan's "courtship" of him which may open him up to follow Insigne to Toronto.

  10. #2290
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Burlington
    Posts
    4,194
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    Sorry, not sure... is this irony? Someone, please explain, does the Forum consensus now consider this source a fraud or just an unreliable interweb personality poster?

    ensco, insert Lynch's Dune84 'Get Out Of My Mind' meme here, I hold my own sentiments about Romano. I get it, savvy, hustler, of the new print media reality, about 6M each Twitter and Instagram and delivers, been at Sky- inside- since a teenager, but he is young, not even thirty. I am not sure his leads are direct and breaking as opposed to second degree and confirming. He may be first at 'here we go', first to widely disseminate and gets a lot right, but I do not think most of his sources are first tier- ownership, managers or agents, but second degree- likely their underlings or players. I feel he is not yet a seasoned journalist in the sense of others at the classic Italian sports newspapers to have developed those relationships and be trusted, so I do not see him having those connects; Italian Journalism and Calcio has it's class system. And 'most trusted' transfer source... maybe, but those internet metrics can be manipulated. Yet, he is from Napoli, so in the Insigne situation... I am full of contradictions on this.
    WRTs to Romano. I'm "internet friendly" with an editor at a major UK outlet that does football and covers transfer stuff. According to him, anything connected to an Italian agent and Romano will be spot on. If he's talking about Arsenal signing a player from South America or just a deal without an Italian connection for example- he's likely just corroborating and or aggregating what's already out there. "A tap in merchant" is what he calls Romano when it comes to Premier League transfers.

  11. #2291
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Burlington
    Posts
    4,194
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    I’m a bit speechless at all of this. But with Insigne we realistically have only one more big slaked player possible, so I can’t see us getting an Italian striker amd a high salary Mexican defender. Or if we do, Oso (too much salary) and Richie (paid too little and will be unhappy) will be gone.

    Exciting times hope there is a plan.
    The canary in the coalmine here is selling Rutty and having a good chunk of GAM to play with from his transfer fee.

  12. #2292
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    15,967
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    WRTs to Romano. I'm "internet friendly" with an editor at a major UK outlet that does football and covers transfer stuff. According to him, anything connected to an Italian agent and Romano will be spot on. If he's talking about Arsenal signing a player from South America or just a deal without an Italian connection for example- he's likely just corroborating and or aggregating what's already out there. "A tap in merchant" is what he calls Romano when it comes to Premier League transfers.
    This is the role Goff plays here. He rarely breaks stuff, but he is often first, and is 100% reliable, with the league/MLS confirm on something.

    (Interestingly, Goff remains silent on the TFC reverse Italian Job.)
    ďWhat the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.Ē

  13. #2293
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,471
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Under the current MLS rules I am in complete agreement with you … btw have always loved the name “PizzaEatingYeti”

    Pure speculation on my part here but if we are playing under the 2022 collective bargaining agreement then your assessment is bang on, but in terms of where the league is going, writing off a DP in 2025 may fall under new rules.

    You have to believe this is football’s big push in North America, MLS competing with Lisa MX is the first step, WC 2025 is when MLS has to shine and the bigger clubs need the room to grow. Not sure what they are going to do with the 8-10 teams that really cannnot compete financially and how you create a pro/rel type of approach (good ideas percolating on another board).

    But maybe MLSE’s spending is the big bet…. Didn’t work for the Leafs but who knew a Pandemic was going to hit and reduce the cap as opposed to expand it.

    Defence is a must to shore up but i will wait to see the real details of the contract.

  14. #2294
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    181
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaEatingYeti View Post
    Agree, something like this would make sense.
    My numbers would be these:

    Year 1 - 8 (half season)
    Year 2 - 14.5
    Year 3 - 5.25
    Year 4 - 4
    Year 5 - 1.5
    Year 6 - 1.5

    Why 8 mil for the 2022 half season?

    Maybe by the time he'll play his first match for TFC, we'll be just marginally placed for being a playoff team, and he must contribute strongly to finish as a strong playoff team.
    Then regardless of TFC was a strong or just marginal playoff candidate at his first match, he must contribute strongly in the playoffs, getting us at least to the final.
    Also we should not forget that for his long time at TFC, this first half season will be the most difficult even off-field, because he will have to adapt to everything new in this time.

    For these reasons I think he should get the highest of all salary years in this half season, this is the year he must be motivated to give his maximum best.
    Though the numbers are obviously a guess you are 100% correct.

    The one thing MLSE does, and does extremely well, is flex their financial might by front loading contracts. Insigne is very easy to move to another MLS team if his year 4-5 salary is basically paid. Several teams donít even use all DP spots so theyíd love to take a player making 1 million with other assets to make it worth their while. Unrelated but people rag on the Leafs top 4 salaries but they can move stars easily if they are only owed a fraction of the salary.

    I donít think people give them enough credit for this but front loading contracts is a huge competitive advantage. We know that the majority of clubs canít take on Insigne AAV salary of 11.5m ( or whatever) but if heís only owed 1m in real dollars they can do that no problem.

    I beat this horse beyond death but Iím a huge MLSE mark when they front load deals.
    Last edited by Webdogg; 01-05-2022 at 09:55 AM.

  15. #2295
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Somewhere, Anywhere.
    Posts
    10,894
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    This is the role Goff plays here. He rarely breaks stuff, but he is often first, and is 100% reliable, with the league/MLS confirm on something.

    (Interestingly, Goff remains silent on the TFC reverse Italian Job.)
    What is the difference between breaking stuff than often being first, is that not the same thing?

    Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

  16. #2296
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    F5
    Posts
    13,507
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    The canary in the coalmine here is selling Rutty and having a good chunk of GAM to play with from his transfer fee.
    Or Laryea.

    MLS really has to fix that mechanic. Any time you have a good player on a cheap contract there is more incentive to sell him than re-sign because one increases your budget and the other doesnít.

    I doubt weíd get materially more than $500k or $1 million but thatís still found money and helpful.

  17. #2297
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    F5
    Posts
    13,507
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default


    I need to caveat I donít know if this is credible.

  18. #2298
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    2,140
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    What is the difference between breaking stuff than often being first, is that not the same thing?
    I think what he means is the difference is between whether it's done or not.

    For example, breaking that the team is negotiating and close to a deal with a player versus the deal is signed and delivered and will be announced by the team immediately.

  19. #2299
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    3,891
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Crepeau > Borjan. My hot CMNT take.

  20. #2300
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    6,098
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Crepeau > Borjan. My hot CMNT take.
    I agree with his mostly minus the steadying effect Borjan brings. He's seen it all now.

    My not so hot take : Borjan > Bono + Westberg

  21. #2301
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    815
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Crepeau > Borjan. My hot CMNT take.
    Borjan 6’5” > Crepeau 6’0

  22. #2302
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    3,891
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    I agree with his mostly minus the steadying effect Borjan brings. He's seen it all now.

    My not so hot take : Borjan > Bono + Westberg
    True enough on Borjan being better. I am not sure we can just make Westberg or especially Bono disappear though.

  23. #2303
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Burlington
    Posts
    4,194
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Or Laryea.

    MLS really has to fix that mechanic. Any time you have a good player on a cheap contract there is more incentive to sell him than re-sign because one increases your budget and the other doesn’t.

    I doubt we’d get materially more than $500k or $1 million but that’s still found money and helpful.
    Up to 1,050,00 in GAM in 2021 for A HG or non DP/U22 player. That might go up a bit in 2022.
    Usage of Revenue

    The club's share of transfer or loan fee revenue may only be used as follows:


    • The club may assign up to $1,050,000 of the transfer/loan revenue as General Allocation Money.

    Last edited by Areathrasher; 01-05-2022 at 11:08 AM.

  24. #2304
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    F5
    Posts
    13,507
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gringo Starr View Post
    Borjan 6í5Ē > Crepeau 6í0
    Iker Casillas was six feet tall but very much a world class keeper. Not that additional height isnít helpful but you canít just take out the measuring stick and make that determination on quality.

    Personally I think Crepeau is better and criminally underrated. Heís is very well rounded, can distribute the ball, stands on his head stopping shots, and communicates with his back line well.

    Borjan is also quite good but heís previously had his bumbles. Those havenít come out in the ocho so far but at the first sign of a return Iíd go to Crepeau.

  25. #2305
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Section 110 Row 24
    Posts
    7,273
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaEatingYeti View Post
    This is my opinion too.
    In this form, this contract is very risky over the long term. The FO's first target with this contract is revenue increase from marketing/TV viewership and increasing the number of butts in the seats at BMO.

    I am not saying that I am not thrilled with this transfer, like everyone else on this board.
    But after the first 3 years at TFC, in the last 2.5 years of his contract, Insigne IMO will have a full "Jozy in the last 2 years: 2020-2021" effect on TFC, only his wages will be even more high.

    And yes, I say that for about a 19.5 million USD net salary payable for a 3 years contract (about 6.5 mil per year), TFC could have found a better (for the team as a whole), more useful player, and maximum 29 years old at his first match in TFC's colors. OK, maybe not as big as name recognition as Insigne.

    I really, really hope that I am wrong on both of my assumptions.
    We'll see in 2027, lol.
    I believe if Seba was still with us these past two seasons he would have contributed a fair amount - maybe not MLS MVP level, but I think a low to mid tier DP level.

    If Insigne can contribute at that level in his final two seasons - I'd be very happy. We have two other DP slots so if we need more fire power at that time, TFC would be wise to ensure they have at least one of those slots free in year 4/5 to accomodate this drop in form.

  26. #2306
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Taiwan
    Posts
    5,404
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I hope this is true. Hopefully we can trade Bono for 300k of GAM or something.

  27. #2307
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    3,891
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    If goalkeeper height was everything we could just spend all our TAM money on the 6'8 Vanja Milinković-Savić

  28. #2308
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    815
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I have nothing against Crepeau, have no worries when he starts for the CMNT but he has only ever been in MLS. Borjan is playing for Red Star in the Europa league and has come up big in a number of high pressure situations. His experience and leadership and intensity counts. Who is the guy at the end of CMNT matches in the circle speaking.

    Also I know height doesn’t mean everything but watching Q I can’t help but think he would have stopped a few more for TFC if he was just a bit taller and could reach just that little bit more

  29. #2309
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    7,244
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Iker Casillas was six feet tall but very much a world class keeper. Not that additional height isnít helpful but you canít just take out the measuring stick and make that determination on quality.

    Personally I think Crepeau is better and criminally underrated. Heís is very well rounded, can distribute the ball, stands on his head stopping shots, and communicates with his back line well.

    Borjan is also quite good but heís previously had his bumbles. Those havenít come out in the ocho so far but at the first sign of a return Iíd go to Crepeau.
    I think Gringo Star's post was maybe a joke? In math the greater than symbol does mean a bigger number. lol

  30. #2310
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    3,891
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    I hope this is true. Hopefully we can trade Bono for 300k of GAM or something.
    We'd be lucky to get 50k GAM for him. He makes 482k. I forget who gave him that extension but it is awful.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •