Page 59 of 191 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369109159 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,770 of 5705
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    It’s the traditional holiday airing of grievances.
    LOL. Happy Festivus!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    Maybe he assumed his contract was net when it was actually gross

hahahahahahahaha. brilliant timing indeed

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RealG-TFC View Post
    His comments about lamenting being the best player on the team but not making the most money were delusional.
    As the current roster sits I find it hard to argue with what Sebastian said

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A reminder that the Superdraft is January 11th. Not the deal it used to be, but TFC has the third pick, which usually results in a decent player.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's some potential candidates for TFC for the Superdraft:

https://collegesoccernews.com/an-ear...ls-superdraft/

Bob Bradley is someone that I trust to have a good eye for potential college talent.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 12-29-2021 at 02:17 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Bellotti rumour is just that… they spoke a couple of times, but it went no where. Unlike Insinge he has options in Italy and he turned down Newcastle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because I want to believe in a fairytale, Belotti is at least young enough to come here and later leave to play at the highest level again. If they secure Insigne, perhaps he reconsiders.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    So why continue the debate? I doubt any reporter has a seat at the table so I can't see it as anything other than speculation. It's not like his agent (and certainly not MLSE) are phoning up reporters giving them numbers. That's not how good faith negotiations work.

There's only a few things relevant to us as supporters/fans:
    1) Cap hit. That's a fixed amount for a DP.
    2) MLSEs commitment to the team. It has been apparent that they are willing to spend at close to the top of the league.
    3) Is the player happy with the money and lifestyle?

The exact amount, net or gross is NOT IMPORTANT, unless you are MLSE or the player. So let's discuss more relevant things.
    Right? Who cares how much he makes. I guess it's fun to know compared to the other highly paid players in the league so you can compare output or whatever, but functionally it makes no difference to us or to the way the team plays on the field. I think we have better ways to spend our energy than thinking about player salary, a DP is a DP and he is most certainly going to be a DP so that's all there really is to it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AdamAM View Post
    Right? Who cares how much he makes. I guess it's fun to know compared to the other highly paid players in the league so you can compare output or whatever, but functionally it makes no difference to us or to the way the team plays on the field. I think we have better ways to spend our energy than thinking about player salary, a DP is a DP and he is most certainly going to be a DP so that's all there really is to it
    The "debate" essentially grew out of a disagreement about how credible certain sources were about transfer rumours. It's too bad it went the way it did; both leeds and jloome have made many interesting contributions to these boards in the past.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

#AnnounceAStartingCentralDefender

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

#GiveUsMoreCenterBacks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

#MaybeImproveTheGoalkeeperPositionToo

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Insigne does sign with TFC, it's not going to be until after Jan transfer window.

If Insigne wants to play in Europe still, he will wait to see who puts in a bid and willing to pay him a decent salary. And there's always panic buying clubs near the end of the transfer window. TFC's offer is going to be on the table in Feb.

Unless TFC is going to put a take it or leave it to Insigne, but that'd be just stupid on TFC's part.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    #MaybeImproveTheGoalkeeperPositionToo
    I would bet on a Borjan announcement in the New Year

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

gab marcotti is on 590 right now speaking about insigne

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any int'l signing is also probably in Feb. No sense competing with other clubs in Jan transfer, unless BB really wants a player. Limited salary cap space and all that. I don't know how much GAM or TAM TFC has stashed away, but BB has to know the lesson of LAFC and not blow all the stash away and have to trade away key players one or two years down the line.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Any int'l signing is also probably in Feb. No sense competing with other clubs in Jan transfer, unless BB really wants a player. Limited salary cap space and all that. I don't know how much GAM or TAM TFC has stashed away, but BB has to know the lesson of LAFC and not blow all the stash away and have to trade away key players one or two years down the line.
    That is more a function of being an expansion team. They get given extra money to start out. It lasts about three years. Then they become like everyone else.

We are already everyone else in terms of our ability to spend. So our situation in three years will be our current situation plus bonuses. We will, I believe, be rid of all our bad contracts.

Next year will see us free of Bradley on max TAM, so that will actually improve our situation considerably. If our backup minutes can be productive, and come from the academy, we should be in a very good spot roster wise.

If our new CB's are more cap friendly than they have been, we will be doing well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unless TFC is going to put a take it or leave it to Insigne, but that'd be just stupid on TFC's part.
    Is it though? This offer is being blasted all over the press with the agent practically begging someone to come put in a bid in the same ballpark.

I’d tell him to sign it or it goes away. It gives him less negotiating leverage and gives us the option of waiving our dollars at someone else if needed rather than waiting for the clock to run down and take the risk he stiffs us.

This isn’t Giovinco, there’s already precedent. People know we can do deals like this… we can be nice enough but not overly in the name of protecting our own interests.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Give us Insigne and Belotti please. The midfield is fine, Bradley/Priso/Oso/Poz/Marky/Okello can run an average if not above average midfield, especially if they're spraying out balls to either Lorenzo or Shaff and those guys are creating space for the midfield to push into. Don't know how much money is left after the marquee signings but if there is something left get a rock solid CB and if there isn't, maybe a trade is the route to get that? Delgado could fetch something for sure, although maybe an even smarter route is let Bob showcase him the first few months and then move him for something when he's gained some of his 2016-2017 level value back.

Honestly I'm more interested in how they acquire the small to medium sized fish here in general, we've been hearing about Insigne for a while and while he's a star, a lot of next season hinges on if they can do Bez type signings where it's shrewd business on MLS starting 11 type players

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is it though? This offer is being blasted all over the press with the agent practically begging someone to come put in a bid in the same ballpark.

I’d tell him to sign it or it goes away. It gives him less negotiating leverage and gives us the option of waiving our dollars at someone else if needed rather than waiting for the clock to run down and take the risk he stiffs us.

This isn’t Giovinco, there’s already precedent. People know we can do deals like this… we can be nice enough but not overly in the name of protecting our own interests.
    My wild ass guess on Insigne is that TFC is very much a second choice, maybe even third choice. The only reason why TFC is even in the game is that TFC is willing to park a truck full of money at Insigne's house. I think Insigne knows he's still got value in Europe, and he might get something close to what he's making now if he waits.

I hope TFC's done their homework on Insigne as a player, but more importantly, the person. Because throwing this much money at him and he doesn't seem too motivated to want to play for TFC... it reeks of one of Chinese Super League signings in the years past.

Also, I'd prefer to have a DP who can start the season with TFC, not show up in the summer and the season is half done.

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Making it take it or leave it acts like he isn't doing us a favour taking our money and playing here. He is. We need to bribe him and play nice. Pat his head and give him all the cookies.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gio’s agent and Manning both say the interpretation of the quote didn’t translate well from Italian to English.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post

Gio’s agent and Manning both say the interpretation of the quote didn’t translate well from Italian to English.
    what did manning have to say regarding this,was manning interviewed?
    Last edited by reggie; 12-29-2021 at 08:28 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    what did manning have to say regarding this,was manning interviewed?
    Basically same thing, Manning said he talked to Gio’s agent and reinforced that Gio’s agent believes the translation from Italian to English distorted. https://torontosun.com/sports/soccer...f-he-joins-tfc

the whole discussion is now free flowing on twitter as well, people are debating the original Italian article… this is awesome first Contract $$$s debates, former player quotes and a raft of players being targeted. silly season indeed.
    Last edited by Bushmancan; 12-29-2021 at 08:51 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Weird that Manning will reach out and comment on Giovinco's quotes but give Buffery nothing on the elephant in the room.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Weird that Manning will reach out and comment on Giovinco's quotes but give Buffery nothing on the elephant in the room.
    It would highly illegal.

Now as soon as January 1st rolls around the info will start flowing from the front office.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He can’t comment on a player under contract with another team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    It would highly illegal.

Now as soon as January 1st rolls around the info will start flowing from the front office.
    True enough. I just found it funny that he'll reach out about a silly quote and play dumb and deaf to the global storm that was yesterday morning/afternoon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, I'd prefer to have a DP who can start the season with TFC, not show up in the summer and the season is half done.
    We could still negotiate that after signing him, we did the same thing with Giovinco.