Page 56 of 191 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106156 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,680 of 5705
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    Insigne started 6 of Italy's 7 games. The only time he sat was in their final group stage game when they had already advanced. He's been a consistent starter for Italy since 2017.
    https://www.transfermarkt.us/lorenzo...spieler/133964
    It’s social media people can post bullshit without having to do any fact checks . Of course he was not a sub but a starter for Italy in Euro 2020, but then the truth would not back up this guys narrative.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Ok, so now i am really confused, Jozy has $3.6MM USD left on his contract thats nowhere near 7Million Euros to buyout or did i read that wrong.

EDIT - Nevermind…LOL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Perruzza signs. jloome will be pleased.

What does “long term” mean in this league? Feels like 2 years plus a one year option.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Here is my $0.02, 100% speculative, hottest-of-hot, Stephen- A-Smith certified take.

This is 100% real interest. Waaay too much smoke on this not for it to be real. There is definitely an offer on the table right now for a large amount of money. But, it is not the amount of money being quoted right now on Twitter. This other worldly jaw-dropping figure is a last-gasp attempt by the agent to coax a better figure out of the Europeans and hope someone feels a sense of embarrassment/ motivation to keep a pretty good fucking footballer in Europe in advance of a major tournament rather than see him go play for “the Americans”. Nobody steps up with something at least a little bit higher and he’s as good as ours come the January window.

Manning and company would be best to put a gun to their heads and say sign-now or this dies. Any hesitation here and I take it as a sign he doesn’t want to come or we’re being played. Having your name attached to big deals like this is great, but occasionally you have to close and other times punch people in the face when you think you’re being used as a pawn. If TFC is actually willing to write as big a cheque as reported, I’d be happy to let Insgine die if he doesn’t sign on the line, cause a lot of inbound calls will come if TFC can sign that sort of contract.

On another front, let’s not waste our time taking about what Davidson and Molinaro are reporting. They are not edge pushing reporters. They might as well write the club press releases. They summarize what is known to all or make logical deductions based on fully available information. They don’t traffic in transfers / speculation. Their takes on this are not even worth reading other than to guess what the club actually wants the public to know.
    Davidson and Molinaro won’t say it unless they have sources. Whatever they say you can take to the bank as factual. Might be from a TFC source, sure, but it’s double verified and accurate, whatever it is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    I was with you until this. Neil Davidson is an actual reporter. None of the others being quoted in these pieces are, they're rumor mongers.

Davidson has a twenty-plus year track record of accuracy and breaking stories, and on a different level. He's a serious reporter, like Steve Goff at the Washington Post, Michelle Kaufmann at the Herald. He doesn't break as much as Goff but when he does, it's a lock to be accurate and properly sourced.

If you see less of that from him these days than in the past, it's because he's one of the few sports-only reporters left at CP and seriously overtasked, not just covering football.
    What do you have against Molinaro?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    What do you have against Molinaro?
    Nothing against per se, he's professional.

He's not what I would call hungry to break stories or compete for news; he's more or less a feature writer who writes react pieces to games and such, which is pretty normal for a guy coming out of broadcast. But he knows how I feel, we've chatted. I wish he would break more and ask tougher questions regularly. Tough environment to do that in these days, it must be said.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Give me Belotti. Give me Lacazette. Let’s break the communist cap please. Ex-MLS lawyer, Andrew Visnovsky, extremely up in arms right now on Twitter at the idea of this deal even being floated. Which makes me laugh.
    Love the sentiment. But salary caps give power to owners over workers. So they are the exact opposite of communist. “Break the capitalist cap?”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    absolutely bizarre the amount of people on this forum who seem incredibly mad that insigne is going to be joining toronto fc.

is this not a toronto fc fan forum?
    It’s more post traumatic stress syndrome. Plus when it seems too good to be true, it is.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any salary number that Fabrizio puts out can't be trusted at this point... No idea where he's getting €7m ($8M USD) from.

IIRC, Jozy has 1 year + 1 year team option. That might add up to the figure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool

Love the sentiment. But salary caps give power to owners over workers. So they are the exact opposite of communist. “Break the capitalist cap?”
    Communism, capitalism, beyond the ideological visions the end result is that humans cannot control themselves when power is at their finger tips.

Back on topic, Will Forbes tweeted earlier that having big names in MLS is all part of the television rights negotiations. He also talked about a huge January, so my expectation is that Toronto won’t be the only club to splash some money around. Even if one other team makes a huge move like this it’ll only better their tv rights deal position.

Do not forget the huge numbers that will be watching the MLS/Liga mx competition. Even if Insigne is only recognized by a small proportion of Canadians, the Mexicans will know all about him and will be tuning in for sure to watch.

All this to say that I am on board and regardless of the medias role in this, there’s far too much smoke for this to blow over. Imagine being Insigne and walking away from this type of lucrative opportunity. I just don’t see it, and far too many clubs are in financial difficulty to be able to match this offer. I’ll leave it with this, you all better show up at the airport like you did to welcome Gio!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Didn't we have a Napoli insider here who basically said it was a done deal weeks ago?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nothing against per se, he's professional.

He's not what I would call hungry to break stories or compete for news; he's more or less a feature writer who writes react pieces to games and such, which is pretty normal for a guy coming out of broadcast. But he knows how I feel, we've chatted. I wish he would break more and ask tougher questions regularly. Tough environment to do that in these days, it must be said.
    Ah. Fair enough. He does a ton of features and that’s a fair description. some excellent ones, sometimes run of the mill. But always professional.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Believing Isigne is signed or will be signed is not a litmus test of support for this team

These off season threads will ALWAYS been filled with wishes, banter, hopes, disgust, arguments, disbelief & incredulity.

&

Our first home game is in 60 days - nobody is going to give a ripe avocado made into a wonderful bowl of guac about all this by then.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 12-28-2021 at 10:02 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by barticusz View Post
    Communism, capitalism, beyond the ideological visions the end result is that humans cannot control themselves when power is at their finger tips.

Back on topic, Will Forbes tweeted earlier that having big names in MLS is all part of the television rights negotiations. He also talked about a huge January, so my expectation is that Toronto won’t be the only club to splash some money around. Even if one other team makes a huge move like this it’ll only better their tv rights deal position.

Do not forget the huge numbers that will be watching the MLS/Liga mx competition. Even if Insigne is only recognized by a small proportion of Canadians, the Mexicans will know all about him and will be tuning in for sure to watch.

All this to say that I am on board and regardless of the medias role in this, there’s far too much smoke for this to blow over. Imagine being Insigne and walking away from this type of lucrative opportunity. I just don’t see it, and far too many clubs are in financial difficulty to be able to match this offer. I’ll leave it with this, you all better show up at the airport like you did to welcome Gio!
    Lots of smoke. And incredibly exciting. If it happens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Davidson and Molinaro won’t say it unless they have sources. Whatever they say you can take to the bank as factual. Might be from a TFC source, sure, but it’s double verified and accurate, whatever it is.
    Which is fine. But let’s be real here, if the attitude is “well Davidson / Molinaro don’t say it’s done, so let’s not get ahead of ourselves” well that’s just putting us in line to be the last to know.

The game here is breaking the pieces of the process. Who broke that Insigne’s agent was in Toronto? Or that contract terms were being discussed? Whoever was first here, I bet it wasn’t these two because they wait until the ink is dry on the contract and all uncertainty is taken off the table. It’s conservative to the point of being dated by the point they print anything, hence my press release comment.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now, back to the frivolity

SOMEBODY is feeding this stuff out there...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To the above: Buffery cites European reports about Mattia Destro interest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    btw if there were something worth reporting on Insigne, Goff would either have it, or he would retweet it. Very instructive to see him take a total pass on today's craziness.

Nobody else comes close to having the kind of sources at the league office that he has.
    How many 2021 DP signings did Goff have an original tweet about? Two. The first was Acosta who was an ex-DC player and the other was stating that Austin FC had made Pochettino official.

I couldn't easily search through retweets on Twitter, but if someone can tell me how I'll go check what Goff has RTed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As much as I would love Bellotti, Destro seems the safe bet to be the striker.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damn, I was actually excited to come in here after today's developments. But WTF even is all this? LOL.

As a big Serie A fan, just reading reports is neat. Insigne is a star - maybe not by historical standards, but he's a guy Italians have been clamoring for on the national team since Ventura was running the program into the ground. Unquestionably a much higher profile than Giovinco. He'd come for money (unlikely the type of money that's being reported), but he's a character guy - no reason to think he won't fall in love with the city. I've been to Naples ... let's just say Toronto offers plenty that Naples does not.

A note on Belotti, whose links to TFC obviously aren't nearly as concrete. I think his qualities translate to MLS better than Insigne's. He's always seemed like a guy who'd prefer to be a big fish in a small pond, and coming to MLS would certainly point to that. His apparent lack of ambition has really hurt his career, but he's another character guy who's been a great servant to Torino and is built to score tons of goals in this league. He's been unlucky with injuries this year but is generally dependable and just turned 28.

Ultimately, I think Belotti stays in Italy, as every big club would have a use for him, even in a backup role. But money talks, and bringing in two Serie A captains would be a massive coup for this club.

EDIT - Destro is much less inspiring after never living up to his potential. He's barely a Serie A striker anymore despite a random patch of form early this season. Feels more like a Montreal-type signing, but could still do a job here. At the very least he's a guy to keep Insigne company.
    Last edited by Bobo; 12-28-2021 at 09:59 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How many 2021 DP signings did Goff have an original tweet about? Two. The first was Acosta who was an ex-DC player and the other was stating that Austin FC had made Pochettino official.

I couldn't easily search through retweets on Twitter, but if someone can tell me how I'll go check what Goff has RTed.
    Let’s not bother. Ensco has strong opinions based on an analysis of what makes sense from the corporate and structural points of view. He is always interesting even when he’s wildly wrong. I happen to agree with him about Goff but who cares? What matters is, will Jozy and Jefe be here in 2022 and if not will Insigne and destro? Will BB bring in MAK and if so what are the implications for Oso and MB? Wil they find a European team to loan Oso to for experience / growth so he doesn’t stagnate here? Will Marky be sold? How on earth will we keep goals out? Will Manchester United continue to play players out of position like Armas did at TFC? Etc.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know, I really don't need Man U flailing or not to prove that Armas was a bad hire for TFC.

On topic - A 35 year old defender is not a long term defensive plan - they better get somebody young to groom.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, shoutout to the guy on here who mentioned Criscito and Destro as targets before anyone else. If they come or not is another story, but the guy nailed the names.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Also, shoutout to the guy on here who mentioned Criscito and Destro as targets before anyone else. If they come or not is another story, but the guy nailed the names.
    I was actually thinking about this today. Whoever mentioned both those guys was spot on.

Also - it looks like Bradley and Destro played together at Roma for a few years.
    Last edited by TFC/Everton; 12-28-2021 at 10:35 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    To the above: Buffery cites European reports about Mattia Destro interest.
    Both Destro and Criscito were reported last month by Calciomercato.

Criscito is 35 and allegedly turned us down. Again, I call bullshit.

Both of these "scoops" have been available in Google News for weeks.

From NOVEMBER 24:
    https://www.calciomercato.com/news/g...-toronto-41752
    Last edited by jloome; 12-28-2021 at 10:27 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoodson View Post
    So I heard somethings over the weekend that I want share about our club:

Curtis and especially Manning aren’t going anywhere
    Bob Bradley is pretty much a done deal…. Just waiting to announce it
    Insigne got offered stupid money… insane money for an mls team to offer. The issue is we want him at the end of his contract and he wants to come after the World Cup for obvious reasons
    Destro and Cristicio from Genoa are signed, they were here the last international break to tour the facilities
    the dressing room is a mess.. very fractured and dysfunctional. New players and the old guard are both part of the problems
    Here's the person who brought up Destro and Cristicio... Other than the Curtis part, all looking pretty strong right about now.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This thread is for player rumours. Not for rating the quality of predictions of various people on the board. Let's keep on topic. Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's the person who brought up Destro and Cristicio... Other than the Curtis part, all looking pretty strong right about now.
    Criscito stated weeks ago that he turned down an offer from TFC. It came up while he was negotiating a new deal, which he just signed.

Again, this is from November 24.

Keep in mind that these older, alleged offers both would've come before Bob Bradley was hired. If there was any supposition on Manning's part at all that he was replacing curtis with a coach/manager, does it really stand to reason that they would be making offers to 35-year-old center backs?

And I respectfully submit that the likelihood of a rumor being true is very much part of discussing the rumor.
    Last edited by jloome; 12-28-2021 at 10:36 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Criscito stated weeks ago that he turned down an offer from TFC. It came up while he was negotiating a new deal, which he just signed.

Again, this is from November 24.

not the person who jumped on michael singh's credibility posting a link from the worst news site in italy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    not the person who jumped on michael singh's credibility posting a link from the worst news site in italy
    I'm posting it as an example of something inaccurate, so that would make sense. Keep up.