Page 55 of 191 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105155 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,650 of 5705
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    The amount of shade this forum is throwing Michael Singh right now is crazy... It was only a few months ago that someone said he was related to Luke Singh and should disclose that in his reporting (they are not related).
    Again, inaccurate. I asked if he was related, and said if he was he should disclose it, after it was suggested to me off forum that he was.

Big fucking difference. Not the kind of nuance most of the people reporting on this would pick up. But pretty important.

Pointing out facts, like the fact that his site's own archive demonstrates he does not break sourced stories, is not "throwing shade", it's "recognizing reality."

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

absolutely bizarre the amount of people on this forum who seem incredibly mad that insigne is going to be joining toronto fc.

is this not a toronto fc fan forum?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Again, inaccurate. I asked if he was related, and said if he was he should disclose it, after it was suggested to me off forum that he was.

Big fucking difference. Not the kind of nuance most of the people reporting on this would pick up. But pretty important.

Pointing out facts, like the fact that his site's own archive demonstrates he does not break sourced stories, is not "throwing shade", it's "recognizing reality."
    what if i told you a young reporter could develop sources as he progresses in his career.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    what if i told you a young reporter could develop sources as he progresses in his career.
    He probably could. But he would demonstrate it by actually having used them at some point. Typically, it wouldn't take three years to figure that out, because he would have industry peers and employers mentoring him.

Clearly that hasn't happened. He's a blogger, not a beat reporter.

And no one is shitting on the idea of Insigne to Toronto. That's a strawman argument. We're shitting on the reporting of it as a megadollar done deal when the transfer window hasn't even opened yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Name the sources. That's what a source is.
    Are you going to ask Neil Davidson to name his source here: "A source, not authorized to speak on the negotiations, confirmed that discussions between the MLS team and the Napoli captain's camp are serious" https://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/mls...c-28-1.6299266

There's plenty that can be brought up about Singh (and I think it has), such as a lack of track record. But I think the critiquing has really crossed a line here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is getting a little out of hand maybe???? *cough cough* mods *cough cough*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you going to ask Neil Davidson to name his source here: "A source, not authorized to speak on the negotiations, confirmed that discussions between the MLS team and the Napoli captain's camp are serious" https://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/mls...c-28-1.6299266

There's plenty that can be brought up about Singh (and I think it has), such as a lack of track record. But I think the critiquing has really crossed a line here.
    He even qualified it as someone who isn't fully in the know. He criticized his own source in the quote, and reported something as absolutely up in the air.

Yes, that's entirely legitimate. Plus, he has TWO DECADES of accuracy behind him, with his stories picked up in big papers globally. It's like comparing a local rally car driver to Ayrton Senna.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anyways i dont want to argue anymore.

just excited about january starting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He even qualified it as someone who isn't fully in the know. He criticized his own source in the quote, and reported something as absolutely up in the air.

Yes, that's entirely legitimate. Plus, he has TWO DECADES of accuracy behind him, with his stories picked up in big papers globally. It's like comparing a local rally car driver to Ayrton Senna.
    Whatever - I disagree with your interpretation. Logging off because it's the holidays and I realize I should do something better with my time.

Had a great day of excitement everyone!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^^was going to say the same… this is fun, subtle shots are fine. Direct hits aren’t needed. Thing i like the most is we are at 55 pages and we aren’t even out of December. It finally feels like we are going to try to do something. A gaffer who understands his assets and is going to rebuild this thing… things could be worse … you could be a Man U fan and have Armas again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    ^^^^was going to say the same… this is fun, subtle shots are fine. Direct hits aren’t needed. Thing i like the most is we are at 55 pages and we aren’t even out of December. It finally feels like we are going to try to do something. A gaffer who understands his assets and is going to rebuild this thing… things could be worse … you could be a Man U fan and have Armas again.
    I'm so excited for this year, I refresh "Toronto FC" In google news pretty much hourly. I suppose I get somewhat upset and carried away by the general lack of understanding of how the media works and what is and isn't reporting; but if that wasn't the case I suppose we'd all love Facebook.

Whether we get him or not, we're going to be a damn sight better off at the start of this February than last.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On the downside, the closer we get to January with no announcement, the more likely it seems we might lose Ayo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On the downside, the closer we get to January with no announcement, the more likely it seems we might lose Ayo.
    Re-signing Ayo and picking up a DP #9 just doesn’t add-up. I know you disagree, but Ayo is capable of picking up 10-12 goals a year in this league.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perruzza signs. jloome will be pleased.

“What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Buffery said we were dotting i's and crossing t's.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know I said I'd log off... but I'm back. Buff had this earlier today, think it got lost in the Insigne madness:

Will be interesting to see what terms he's on (length, dollars, whether it's a young money contract).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Perruzza signs. jloome will be pleased.

Summer of Perruzza - 2022. Calling it now.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

btw if there were something worth reporting on Insigne, Goff would either have it, or he would retweet it. Very instructive to see him take a total pass on today's craziness.

Nobody else comes close to having the kind of sources at the league office that he has.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with this. The kid deserves a real shot, at least.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

btw if there were something worth reporting on Insigne, Goff would either have it, or he would retweet it. Very instructive to see him take a total pass on today's craziness.

Nobody else comes close to having the kind of sources at the league office that he has.
    ensco the last two weeks:

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/...29/100/700.jpg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any salary number that Fabrizio puts out can't be trusted at this point... No idea where he's getting €7m ($8M USD) from.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with this. The kid deserves a real shot, at least.
    He won’t get it. Hell, Ayo’s barely getting it. If I were both Ayo and Jordan, I’d be highly skeptical about my trajectory at a club playing with international DP strikers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Super positive sign (and I agree that Ayo is probably good for 10 a season, he's just not the best we can do at the position).

Bradley will have been monitoring and assessing him before this deal was offered. So maybe we have a manager who will take his potential seriously now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And yet you quote people as reliable who aren't, you quote stories that are absurd on every level as fact, and you repeatedly insist something that has happened, only changing your tune to "everything but signed" once the actual regulations are pointed out.

I don't always agree with Ensco, as he'll tell you, but he at least has rational, logical reasons for his positions.

And after twenty-five years in newspapers, I've forgotten more about what is and isn't reliable than you will ever understand. You quoting what is and isn't bullshit in the media to me is like a kid who burns ants with a magnifying glass claiming he's an expert at laser plastic surgery.

Citing a dozen aggregator headline chasers as reliable is the very defintion of spreading bullshit.

They've taken a grain of truth -- TFC pursuing Insigne -- and blown it into a done deal, even though it couldn't be, for record sums that would never happen. That's all that has happened here.

And you know what? If they land him, THOSE STORIES WILL STILL BE WRONG. They're all claiming an agreement that can't legally exist for sums that would never happen.

But if we sign him, I'll put a hundred bucks on the table right now that says when the players union releases compensation, his guaranteed base is not more than $8M a season.

Getting the time correct by watching a stopped clock until it's accurate isn't the same as being right.
    The MLSPA releases cannot be taken as gospel. Piatti was deliberately underreported. Josef Martinez was also likely underreported, in the first years of his contract. There have been rumours that Giovinco's salary was also not accurately reported.

A desire to not put other teams to shame, or to not hamper clauses in others contracts, like kaka, who obviously had a highest reported salary in MLS clause in his contract.

Reporting in those releases is not what is written on the contracts.

The league can report almost anything it wants as long as the owners and the MLSPA agree to it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any salary number that Fabrizio puts out can't be trusted at this point... No idea where he's getting €7m ($8M USD) from.
    He only has a year left on his deal. Even the $4.3M would be more than he's owed.

Also, contract buyouts don't require mutual agreement. They can just cut him loose if they want. So this dude is totally out to lunch.

This is the guy who was reporting $11M Euros plus, I believe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There’s a lot of testosterone in here that doesn’t like to be wrong derailing this thread. Gentlemen grow up - all of you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    He won’t get it. Hell, Ayo’s barely getting it. If I were both Ayo and Jordan, I’d be highly skeptical about my trajectory at a club playing with international DP strikers.
    New manager who loves developing youth players.

I mean, let's be honest, both are young enough that if they were the best we could do, they would be overseas already at bigger clubs. They're still developing but both have huge potential.

You might be right but hopefully things are changing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New manager who loves developing youth players.

I mean, let's be honest, both are young enough that if they were the best we could do, they would be overseas already at bigger clubs. They're still developing but both have huge potential.

You might be right but hopefully things are changing.
    They just have to play at a higher level. I’d love to see Ayo go out on loan for a year for example. I think this club is going to end up playing one up top, which seriously jeopardizes playing time for all other strikers if you sign a big DP.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He only has a year left on his deal. Even the $4.3M would be more than he's owed.

Also, contract buyouts don't require mutual agreement. They can just cut him loose if they want. So this dude is totally out to lunch.

This is the guy who was reporting $11M Euros plus, I believe.
    Yeah - the numbers Fabrizio is quoting for everyone (Jozy and Insigne) are just plain wrong. Something must be getting lost in translation here. I don't doubt that TFC has made Insigne an offer that would make him the highest paid player in MLS, but whatever silly numbers Fab has are just wrong.