Page 54 of 191 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104154 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,620 of 5705
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Regardless of the validity of Insigne or whatever, thank god we don't need to get second hand investors to pay our transfer fees like Sao Paulo is trying to do for Soteldo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Twellman shared the Waking the Red guys tweet, that was his source.

jloome took that tweet apart earlier today.

Like I said, a worldwide global bs feedback loop. This thing is in every bs aggregator in England too.

It is a triumph!
    Insigne's agent is probably listening to classical as we speak and miming the Yo Yo Ma parts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We can get a better player for that kind of money, actually someone in their late 20's even.

If TFC is really offering anything close to that I would expect MLS to make some rule changes, shattering the salary record like that is kicking the hornets nest.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Regardless of the validity of Insigne or whatever, thank god we don't need to get second hand investors to pay our transfer fees like Sao Paulo is trying to do for Soteldo.
    Wait. In a world where we are supposedly paying Insigne USD $100M, shouldn't we just give this guy to these poor Sao Paolo people?
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Even mainstream newspapers are reporting it...it's in the Daily Mail. Which is shit. And is quoting Michael Singh as its source.

And Bretos has never been a beat reporter. He's one of the original Fox Sports Canada announcers they had working out of the Global studios in Winnipeg. He's literally a cue-card reading TV guy.
    That soccer programming they had going remains my favourite to this day. Maybe it’s nostalgia, but I miss it.

It’s nice to be excited about this club again, regardless of whether this comes off or not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wait. In a world where we are supposedly paying Insigne USD $100M, shouldn't we just give this guy to these poor Sao Paolo people?
    I mean... I assume this deal must be done. Surely MLSE wouldnt' sanction Insigne with Soteldo still on the books. They play the same position.

But we haven't sold Soteldo, we haven't even bought out Jozy.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes 100%. These guys never struck me as stenographers. But they only say what they can back up, and sure, that often requires the club to confirm it.

Which in essence the club finally did today, although I think not as reluctantly as you think ensco. They don't mind this talk, as long as they are confident something big is going to be landed. I'm kinda wondering who plan B is - we later found out that if Seba had fallen through, plan C was Poz.

I still think this is all part of a plan to wrench some freedom from the likes of Vancouver & Dallas & force other teams to spend to compete.

That and a gentle reminder to us all that:

a) almost every single "Euro guy coming to here talk of big figures" confuses the life of the contract to the amount per year
    b) the figures have never been right - Zlatan was supposed to be on 10, he was on 7 mil - Seba was supposed to be on 8, he was on 6.7 mil
    c) they ALWAYS quote the life of the contract ignoring that the last year is always a team option

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Which in essence the club finally did today, although I think not as reluctantly as you think ensco. They don't mind this talk, as long as they are confident something big is going to be landed. I'm kinda wondering who plan B is - we later found out that if Seba had fallen through, plan C was Poz.

I still think this is all part of a plan to wrench some freedom from the likes of Vancouver & Dallas & force other teams to spend to compete.

That and a gentle reminder to us all that:

a) almost every single "Euro guy coming to here talk of big figures" confuses the life of the contract to the amount per year
    b) the figures have never been right - Zlatan was supposed to be on 10, he was on 7 mil - Seba was supposed to be on 8, he was on 6.7 mil
    c) they ALWAYS quote the life of the contract ignoring that the last year is always a team option
    I think this kind of thing is always a bad idea, if you are not Man Utd or something, it is playing with fire. It got Curtis into serious trouble.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not even. These stories about TFC have never come from a Gazzetta Della Sport or a Molinaro or a Davidson. This was always a total joke.
    one week ago today.

maybe sit this one out ensco.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    one week ago today.

maybe sit this one out ensco.
    Either way, a collage of ensco’s posts saying Insigne won’t happen should go up in the Louvre. One way he was the prophet who saw what we didn’t or he couldn’t see what was right in front of him.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    Either way, a collage of ensco’s posts saying Insigne won’t happen should go up in the Louvre. One way he was the prophet who saw what we didn’t or he couldn’t see what was right in front of him.
    he literally called for "a higher football IQ" or something.

just incredible amounts of bullshit lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was with you until this. Neil Davidson is an actual reporter. None of the others being quoted in these pieces are, they're rumor mongers.

Davidson has a twenty-plus year track record of accuracy and breaking stories, and on a different level. He's a serious reporter, like Steve Goff at the Washington Post, Michelle Kaufmann at the Herald. He doesn't break as much as Goff but when he does, it's a lock to be accurate and properly sourced.

If you see less of that from him these days than in the past, it's because he's one of the few sports-only reporters left at CP and seriously overtasked, not just covering football.
    I agree with you, in the sense of they are credible reporters. But I’m going to disagree in the sense that they never push the envelope about breaking signings. They have it too good to piss off their contacts at the clubs, they wouldn’t dare be caught snooping.

There are other hungrier reporters on the beat breaking these signings. That’s why I’m stating they’re only as good as a club press release (on this subject at least).
    Last edited by ag futbol; 12-28-2021 at 07:42 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i trust Michael Singh.

he has good sources, writes for mls.com and isn't a clout chaser.

tfc official line will always be "close to finished negotiations" until he's signed, which he can't do in January.

ensco of course will still think he's using us to get a better deal in europe 2 years into his TFC career.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he literally called for "a higher football IQ" or something.

just incredible amounts of bullshit lol
    What is your problem?

EDIT: Actually don’t answer, I don’t care. Blocked.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is your problem?

EDIT: Actually don’t answer, I don’t care. Blocked.
    i don't like bullshit flying around, mainly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i trust Michael Singh.

he has good sources, writes for mls.com and isn't a clout chaser.
    Ha ha ha. Ridiculous.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ha ha ha. Ridiculous.
    if you would like to post something he's reported that turned out to be inaccurate i would be happy to alter my opinion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i don't like bullshit flying around, mainly.
    And yet you quote people as reliable who aren't, you quote stories that are absurd on every level as fact, and you repeatedly insist something that has happened, only changing your tune to "everything but signed" once the actual regulations are pointed out.

I don't always agree with Ensco, as he'll tell you, but he at least has rational, logical reasons for his positions.

And after twenty-five years in newspapers, I've forgotten more about what is and isn't reliable than you will ever understand. You quoting what is and isn't bullshit in the media to me is like a kid who burns ants with a magnifying glass claiming he's an expert at laser plastic surgery.

Citing a dozen aggregator headline chasers as reliable is the very defintion of spreading bullshit.

They've taken a grain of truth -- TFC pursuing Insigne -- and blown it into a done deal, even though it couldn't be, for record sums that would never happen. That's all that has happened here.

And you know what? If they land him, THOSE STORIES WILL STILL BE WRONG. They're all claiming an agreement that can't legally exist for sums that would never happen.

But if we sign him, I'll put a hundred bucks on the table right now that says when the players union releases compensation, his guaranteed base is not more than $8M a season.

Getting the time correct by watching a stopped clock until it's accurate isn't the same as being right.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And yet you quote people as reliable who aren't, you quote stories that are absurd on every level as fact, and you repeatedly insist something that has happened, only changing your tune to "everything but signed" once the actual regulations are pointed out.

I don't always agree with Ensco, as he'll tell you, but he at least has rational, logical reasons for his positions.

And after twenty-five years in newspapers, I've forgotten more about what is and isn't reliable than you will ever understand. You quoting what is and isn't bullshit in the media to me is like a kid who burns ants with a magnifying glass claiming he's an expert at laser plastic surgery.

Citing a dozen aggregator headline chasers as reliable is the very defintion of spreading bullshit.

They've taken a grain of truth -- TFC pursuing Insigne -- and blown it into a done deal, even though it couldn't be, for record sums that would never happen. That's all that has happened here.

And you know what? If they land him, THOSE STORIES WILL STILL BE WRONG. They're all claiming an agreement that can't legally exist for sums that would never happen.

But if we sign him, I'll put a hundred bucks on the table right now that says when the players union releases compensation, his guaranteed base is not more than $8M a season.

Getting the time correct by watching a stopped clock until it's accurate isn't the same as being right.
    insigne has agreed a deal with tfc and will be joining in June.

of course, he hasn't signed, as he can't legally until january. which he will.
    Last edited by leedsandTFC; 12-28-2021 at 08:09 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ha ha ha. Ridiculous.
    he is a young guy trying to start a career,if you watch the pressers,he does ask the hard questions,unlike neil and john,that are more softball dont get the club mad questions,btw neil is one of my fav reporters.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    he is a young guy trying to start a career,if you watch the pressers,he does ask the hard questions,unlike neil and john,that are more softball dont get the club mad questions,btw neil is one of my fav reporters.
    yes and i just double checked, he doesn't claim stuff baselessly, and has sources in the club.

you can choose to not believe for whatever bizarre reason, but singh has a good track record.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anyways the fact that there's been no denial from his camp today is telling.

no point discussing anymore, we'll see what happens in next couple weeks.

bigger thing now is what defenders we bring in.

we could have belotti and insigne, if we're lining up with luke singh at the back we're not going to be competitive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if you would like to post something he's reported that turned out to be inaccurate i would be happy to alter my opinion.
    yes and i just double checked, he doesn't claim stuff baselessly, and has sources in the club.

you can choose to not believe for whatever bizarre reason, but singh has a good track record.
    He has never broken a story. Literally. I just went through three years of WTR posts and literally every story he ever wrote was reporting a story from another original source.

So there is no history of accuracy, inaccuracy... or anything resembling actual beat writing.

And yet you think he has sources at a level high enough to confirm an international transfer is definitely happen.

Again, it's ridiculous. It's a craft, and it's not an easy one.

But he's not responsible, either way. He reported Nicolo Shira's report that we'd signed GIovinco just a month ago. He hedged it with "don't know if this is true," but reporting an inaccurate source with no knowledge of it being factual doesn't become acceptable just because you blame the story on another writer.

I'm glad he writes his blog and gets the team more attention. But he's not a veteran, talented reporter with a ton of sources. You're kidding yourself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The amount of shade this forum is throwing Michael Singh right now is crazy... It was only a few months ago that someone said he was related to Luke Singh and should disclose that in his reporting (they are not related).

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He has never broken a story. Literally. I just went through three years of WTR posts and literally every story he ever wrote was reporting a story from another original source.

So there is no history of accuracy, inaccuracy... or anything resembling actual beat writing.

And yet you think he has sources at a level high enough to confirm an international transfer is definitely happen.

Again, it's ridiculous. It's a craft, and it's not an easy one.

But he's not responsible, either way. He reported Nicolo Shira's report that we'd signed GIovinco just a month ago. He hedged it with "don't know if this is true," but reporting an inaccurate source with no knowledge of it being factual doesn't become acceptable just because you blame the story on another writer.

I'm glad he writes his blog and gets the team more attention. But he's not a veteran, talented reporter with a ton of sources. You're kidding yourself.
    lorenzo insigne has agreed to join toronto FC, and will arrive this summer, per sources.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    The amount of shade this forum is throwing Michael Singh right now is crazy... It was only a few months ago that someone said he was related to Luke Singh and should disclose that in his reporting (they are not related).
    yep, he's one of the best reporters on the beat. young, up and coming and asks pointed questions.

also occasionally writes for torontofc.com and mls.com, which would explain having sources in the org.

bizarre the amount of vitriol being directed at him, absolutely strange behavior.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jloome, don’t waste your time, this guy is not on the level. I enjoy a good mixup but this person never makes arguments, he is just making stuff up about who has credibility…he is somebody's friend or brother. It's not worth it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lorenzo insigne has agreed to join toronto FC, and will arrive this summer, per sources.
    Name the sources. That's what a source is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jloome, don’t waste your time, this guy is not on the level. I enjoy a good mixup but this hayseed makes no arguments, he is somebody's friend or brother. It's not worth it.
    I know, it never is. I should know better.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jloome, don’t waste your time, this guy is not on the level. I enjoy a good mixup but this hayseed makes no arguments, he is just making stuff up, he is somebody's friend or brother. It's not worth it.
    ensco, show a higher level of football IQ please.