0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Carter View Post
    Hypothetically speaking if Jozy was front loaded as Singh indicted and is only 1.5 this year, could we not buy him down, as he’s under the 1.6 threshold for funny money?
    I remember there being that rumour when he signed that he might be on a 5.5/3.5/1.5 deal. It's not true. The MLSPA releases the salary numbers every year, Jozy's 2020 and 2021 numbers were identical at $3,602,250. He'll make the same in 2022. I feel like the MLS wouldn't allow that salary loophole. Otherwise, teams would do that with every player - front load a deal so there's "non-DP" salaries at the end so they can sign extra DPs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i remember wheeler saying that jozy s salary is a lot lower in 2022.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    I remember there being that rumour when he signed that he might be on a 5.5/3.5/1.5 deal. It's not true. The MLSPA releases the salary numbers every year, Jozy's 2020 and 2021 numbers were identical at $3,602,250. He'll make the same in 2022. I feel like the MLS wouldn't allow that salary loophole. Otherwise, teams would do that with every player - front load a deal so there's "non-DP" salaries at the end so they can sign extra DPs
    The MLSPA didn't release salary numbers for 2020 because of COVID. I remember there was a submission to the US Government through a wage relief that MLS/MLSPA (can't remember which) made. The submission had some player salaries listed, but I can't recall if Jozy was in there and can't find the link anymore.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2020 Salary guide is on the MLSPA website

https://mlsplayers.org/resources/salary-guide

scroll down & you'll see it

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post

Thanks!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post

Thanks for posting the link … Chicharito $6M, Higuain $5.8 MM, suddenly i dont feel so bad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    ????????

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    ????????
    Just having some fun
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Priso wildly underpaind in comparison with Nelson, M-R, and Okello. Yefe doesn't make as much as I figured. Also Cavalini at 1.3 is in buying-down-with-TAM territory, no?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1.3 + a heavy transfer fee...the reason he stays a dp

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC linked with Jesus Jimenez - a Spanish striker currently playing in Poland. He's been scoring at a good rate for the last few years.

https://weszlo.com/2021/12/27/klub-m...any-jimenezem/

As far as I can tell, the Polish league doesn't pay very well. According to this website, he's only make $109,000 euros per year. https://salarysport.com/football/eks...B3rnik-zabrze/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC/Everton View Post
    As far as I can tell, the Polish league doesn't pay very well. According to this website, he's only make $109,000 euros per year. https://salarysport.com/football/eks...B3rnik-zabrze/
    From this my conclusion is that he's maximum an average La Liga 2 level foward.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How does the Polish league compare to other leagues? He was in the Spanish 4th tier under 2017, then a year in the Spanish third tier, before moving to the Polish league in 2018.

Trying to temper my expectations and asking since guys like Aketxe and Piatti were 1st/2nd Spanish tier players (both were good players who just may not have been best fit), while TFC2 signed a Spanish 4th tier player who barely played in USL1 (Enric Bernat Lunar)

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    How does the Polish league compare to other leagues? He was in the Spanish 4th tier under 2017, then a year in the Spanish third tier, before moving to the Polish league in 2018.

Trying to temper my expectations and asking since guys like Aketxe and Piatti were 1st/2nd Spanish tier players (both were good players who just may not have been best fit), while TFC2 signed a Spanish 4th tier player who barely played in USL1 (Enric Bernat Lunar)
    After what we witnessed this past year I do not believe fans would be too pleased with a striker playing in the polish league, don’t think it moves the needle at all

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the comparison is adam buksa i think.

came from the polish league as a striker with a similar record and has done quite well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Definitely could be worth bringing in at the right price. Looks like he is experienced on the wing aswell as up front. A guy like that has long been needed here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bernat had been a year and a half since his last competitive game so maybe wasnt even d4 level at that point...even with that in the 13 times he was in the squad he started 7...joined the team in may and last time he was in the squad was august so maybe visa issues there

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section 223 View Post
    After what we witnessed this past year I do not believe fans would be too pleased with a striker playing in the polish league, don’t think it moves the needle at all
    Winning moves the needle. We had stars in 2018 when we shit the bed and it was dire. Names mean nothing. Getting here, buying in, and producing moves the needle.

A guy like Gil didn't move the needle when the Revs signed him after he bombed out of Villa & DLC and look at him now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just having some fun
    Ah! Me too serious

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like this kind of signing. Talented but not quite enough to breakthrough in the elite. Often works in MLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man Utd currently losing to Newcastle. Look disjointed according to fans. What a shock.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Winning moves the needle. We had stars in 2018 when we shit the bed and it was dire. Names mean nothing. Getting here, buying in, and producing moves the needle.

A guy like Gil didn't move the needle when the Revs signed him after he bombed out of Villa & DLC and look at him now.
    Absolutely agree with you that winning moves the needle, but can you imagine the fan backlash if we decide to bring in these type of players and the results aren’t there at the beginning of the year.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I kind of like it, he is Spanish, good for Poz. his contract is expiring, so might be a free transfer… still young 28, decent pace… not going to be a DP and far better potential than Dwyer. You always need good supporting casts.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section 223 View Post
    Absolutely agree with you that winning moves the needle, but can you imagine the fan backlash if we decide to bring in these type of players and the results aren’t there at the beginning of the year.
    You can't bring in a bunch of DPs or name TAM players with the budget so you need depth and to score some useful regular rostered players. Our track record with this level of player dipped after Laryea.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That Polish team is the home club of Robert Warzycha, who played there before he played for Columbus, and managed there (twice) after managing Columbus.

I am really interested in guys with this profile. MLS used to have more guys from these leagues. Buksa and Gazdag have opened people's eyes.

Also, this player would, I am guessing, be excited to be here.
    Last edited by ensco; 12-27-2021 at 07:25 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Man Utd currently losing to Newcastle. Look disjointed according to fans. What a shock.
    Players playing out of position....

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    You can't bring in a bunch of DPs or name TAM players with the budget so you need depth and to score some useful regular rostered players. Our track record with this level of player dipped after Laryea.
    Sounds like we are on the same page, if signed this unknown Spanish player playing in Poland would be a 17th or 18th man on our roster and doesn’t move the needle one iota.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That Polish team is the home club of Robert Warzycha, who played there before he played for Columbus, and managed there (twice) after managing Columbus.

I am really interested in guys with this profile. MLS used to have more guys from these leagues. Buksa and Gazdag have opened people's eyes.

Also, this player would, I am guessing, be excited to be here.
    Agreed. Sign players who don’t need to be harassed to be here.

A “1B” priority needs to be competent back up for when Ayo gets injured.