Page 30 of 191 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080130 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    The story today and yesterday in the UK is that all three remaining coaches, including longtime stalwarts Mike Phelan and Darren Fletcher, will likely be let go. They've also reported Rangnick has told the board that if the experiment works he may stay on as manager after six months.

So it appears, for now, like he's quite willing. But he hasn't actually canned them yet, so who knows.

The narrative around him there is that the Glazers want a complete divorce from the Fergie era after anointed successors Moyes and Solksjaer both crapped out.

But I don't think it'll be Armas. His recent track record demonstrates how poorly he deals with egos, and that'd be twice as difficult as a defensive coach in the premiership.
    I am trying to picture the the first meeting of Ronaldo and/or Cavani with Armas.

This would be after they have called their former teammates Higuain and Beckham to ask about this Armas guy.

(Someone will of course have already sent over the highlights of the 7-1 DCU game....)
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I am trying to picture the the first meeting of Ronaldo and/or Cavani with Armas.

This would be after they have called their former teammates Higuain and Beckham to ask about this Armas guy.

(Someone will of course have already sent over the highlights of the 7-1 DCU game....)
    The only thing in his favor is that Rangnick has a disciplinary system designed to humble assholes and it has really worked at his earlier clubs. Players breaking rules or contravening coaches are made to perform increasingly lowly public service, such as picking up kit after practices and giving stadium tours to tourists. He does it because fines are ineffective against the wealthy.

I kid you not. Just seeing that in a premiership environment alone would be wild.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only thing in his favor is that Rangnick has a disciplinary system designed to humble assholes and it has really worked at his earlier clubs. Players breaking rules or contravening coaches are made to perform increasingly lowly public service, such as picking up kit after practices and giving stadium tours to tourists. He does it because fines are ineffective against the wealthy.

I kid you not. Just seeing that in a premiership environment alone would be wild.

Especially because that team in particular leaks like a seive & the English football press are already wanting to see this all fail.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lets keep this thread on TFC roster changes please. Thanks!
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Before kickoff of TFC games, TSN displays the starting eleven for both teams with a flag for each player indicating nationality. While this does not always conclusively show who is an international in MLS (e.g. Kemar Lawrence with Jamaican flag, Eric Zavaleta with flag of El Salvador), my impression is pretty much all other MLS teams start more international players than TFC. This might not have been so significant in the past when TFC had the "luxury" of starting two domestic DPs, but now it suggests TFC is not making enough use of international roster slots.

I know TFC has temporarily traded unused international rosters slots to other teams in the past, but I am not sure whether TFC has reverted to the default eight slots for 2022.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can we expect any confirmed moves on our roster (like any players gone for sure or new signings) in the next 27 days, or nothing will happen until the start of the new year?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JustSaying View Post
    Before kickoff of TFC games, TSN displays the starting eleven for both teams with a flag for each player indicating nationality. While this does not always conclusively show who is an international in MLS (e.g. Kemar Lawrence with Jamaican flag, Eric Zavaleta with flag of El Salvador), my impression is pretty much all other MLS teams start more international players than TFC. This might not have been so significant in the past when TFC had the "luxury" of starting two domestic DPs, but now it suggests TFC is not making enough use of international roster slots.

I know TFC has temporarily traded unused international rosters slots to other teams in the past, but I am not sure whether TFC has reverted to the default eight slots for 2022.
    Yeah they're back to 8. They traded two last year, but only for the 2021 season. I don't think MLS let's teams trade away permanent spots anymore, although previous permanent trades are still active, like RSL's trade of one 15 years ago (Maybe permanent trades aren't banned anymore, but teams are probably just smart enough to not do that anymore)

Yeah we started a lot of North Americans, but that's probably due to us wasting our internationals on bench players like Endoh, Gallardo, (Auro when Laryea starts at RB, Achara if we're fully healthy)
    Last edited by rydermike; 12-05-2021 at 08:20 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Taylor Twellman

@TaylorTwellman

Chris Armas will be on Ralf Rangnick’s staff
    @ManUtd
    and will be announced in the next few days. He was given his work permit this morning. Their history goes all the way back to @NewYorkRedBulls
    .Taylor Twellman

@TaylorTwellman

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saw an interview with Rangnick where he said the system of play has to suit the players, not the other way round. Apparently, Armas didn't get the memo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Google translate
    Inter observes, but of concrete offers for Lorenzo Insigne there is only one coming from Toronto in the MLS. In the middle the negotiation for the renewal with Napoli which remains firm at the moment and with great distance between the parties.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I couldn't find much to back this up. There was only one article I came across was from Friday that had this and nothing on Twitter.
    https://news.direttagoal.it/sebastia...o-zero-italia/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Google translate
    Inter observes, but of concrete offers for Lorenzo Insigne there is only one coming from Toronto in the MLS. In the middle the negotiation for the renewal with Napoli which remains firm at the moment and with great distance between the parties.
    Must be almost a done deal to TFC since Italy isn't going to go to the World Cup.....That's a big stumbling block out of the way.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Must be almost a done deal to TFC since Italy isn't going to go to the World Cup.....That's a big stumbling block out of the way.
    Either Italy or Portugal. They still have to play the game.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They can both still lose and niether of them make it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post

I couldn't find much to back this up. There was only one article I came across was from Friday that had this and nothing on Twitter.
    https://news.direttagoal.it/sebastia...o-zero-italia/

Can tell you for sure there is no interest, I am part of the PPC - community 1% ownership of Parma with Kyle Krause owning the remaining 99%. We have 2 members on the Board of Directors and meet as a group to vote and then our members bring our decisions to the Board...it is written into the Parma Calcio 1913 team organization structure that we have 2 seats on the Board ..the only time his name came up when he was heading off to Saudi Arabia...it was put forth as a motion and voted down by all our PPC members...he wanted ridiculous money...Parma is on a serious youth movement and struggling in Siere B....3rd new coach in 3 years..there is 0 interest in Giovinco...Buffon is a totally different case, he started with us - it is like the Prodigal son coming home and Giovinco does not carry the same passion with the fans and we are paying him next to nothing....he is getting his coaching certificates...and will probably slide into the Academy when he is done....Giovinco would have to come back with a low salary and 0 expectations of playing 1st team minutes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Either Italy or Portugal. They still have to play the game.
    I know, just joking

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More Insigne news, saw this today, West Ham and Spurs are sniffing around. ‘I can’t’: Agent cannot promise £81k-a-week reported West Ham and Tottenham target stays

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's safe to say now that we got Gilberto before his prime.

26 goals in 55 games to lead all scorers in Brazil this year.

Perhaps he's a great finisher who needed great providers, which we didn't have.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Or a young guy who needed seasoning. TFC should think about this when evaluating Peruzza etc. We have a track record of letting people go.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jermain Defoe recapitulates the TFC fan base Gilberto experience, all in 60 seconds….

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1bqprfTBq-Y
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

great memories

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also possible Brazil isn't quite as good, especially defensively, as we give them credit for.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An interesting name to watch in terms of TFC and MLS.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An interesting name to watch in terms of TFC and MLS.

If I was to bet I would say he had Chicago written all over him. This is their demographic minus the cost.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Per Source I’m told Napoli winger Lorenzo Insigne 75% likely to accept Toronto’s record breaking offer. The Italian INTL has been holding out for a better offer in Europe preferably to stay in Italy but the offer pale in comparison to what TFC is offering. Bigger than Giovinco! https://t.co/HHQik4ijYJ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Insigne would be the biggest acquisition in MLS history in terms of quality. Let's get it done.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Insigne would be the biggest acquisition in MLS history in terms of quality. Let's get it done.
    In terms of age/wattage/talent, that would be 32 year old Thierry Henry or 32 year old David Beckham or 32 year old David Villa. Insigne wouldn’t be close to any of them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    In terms of age/wattage/talent, that would be 32 year old Thierry Henry or 32 year old David Beckham or 32 year old David Villa. Insigne wouldn’t be close to any of them.
    Wow I forgot how young Henry was when he got here, I thought he was at least 35.

I think a winger is not what we need instead a proper striker up top like Kramaric
    Last edited by Richard; 12-07-2021 at 08:35 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Forgot 32 year old Wayne Rooney and 32 year old Kaka.

Insigne might not be in the top 10.