Page 187 of 191 FirstFirst ... 87137177183184185186187188189190191 LastLast
Results 5,581 to 5,610 of 5705
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Updated player kit numbers. Some of these we already knew from pictures.

Ralph Priso #8 (change from #97)
    Jacob Shaffelburg #22 (change from #24)
    Lorenzo Insigne #24
    Jesus Jimimez #9
    DeAndre Kerr #29
    Lukas MacNaughton #5
    Shane O'neill #27
    Luca Petrasso #38
    Greg Ranjitsingh #1
    Carlo Salcedo #3

https://www.torontofc.ca/roster/

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting Priso chnaged numbers, you usually only change when someone else wants it, but looking at it Shaff did the same, so who knows. I have always liked high numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    Updated player kit numbers. Some of these we already knew from pictures.

Ralph Priso #8 (change from #97)
    Jacob Shaffelburg #22 (change from #24)
    Lorenzo Insigne #24
    Jesus Jimimez #9
    DeAndre Kerr #29
    Lukas MacNaughton #5
    Shane O'neill #27
    Luca Petrasso #38
    Greg Ranjitsingh #1
    Carlo Salcedo #3

https://www.torontofc.ca/roster/

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Interesting Priso chnaged numbers, you usually only change when someone else wants it, but looking at it Shaff did the same, so who knows. I have always liked high numbers.
    Shaff did it due to Insigne. I figured that would happen. Insigne was 24 on Napoli and has it tattooed on his leg so figured that might happen. For Priso I did like the number he had, it was unique but in a lot of teams the high numbers are associated with the newbies on the team so maybe he just feels more like part of the regular first team with a lower number and since 8 became available he grabbed it. Just guessing though. Some coaches also don't like high numbers so have seen it be that before too and nothing to do with the player.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Number 8 is a proper midfield football number. Not that MLS takes those things into consideration though. But maybe it was his or BB way of showing the intent for him to be an eventual starter?

Shaf changed his number so that Insigne could take #24

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    He hasn’t recovered from injury enough to be feature and therefore isn’t relevant to those discussing the first part of the seaspns
    Priso's been playing, he just hasn't been starting. He came on for the second half against Houston. https://twitter.com/TorontoFC/status...24913165897734

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Karpf View Post
    Spoke to someone with connections to the Insigne family, and they were almost certain that Belotti will be here as well come summer. Apparently Toronto’s offer isn’t being matched elsewhere and it’s too good of an offer to turn down. Take that with a grain of salt.

This would surprise me at this point, for fit alone. Does Jimenez move to the right wing, where Manning-like research tells me he doesn't play? I can't imagine he's here to eventually be a bench player in a two-striker formation, although that would be some serious depth. I don't like Insigne as a striker, 4-3-3 would probably be ideal.

But Jimenez's play would probably dictate if he starts or not, and either way I'd still take Belotti in a heartbeat.
    Last edited by Bobo; 02-22-2022 at 11:13 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was a bit surprised when Priso didn't change his number last season since Jayden Nelson, Jahkeele Marshall-Rutty, and Noble Okello did. Guess maybe there just wasn't a number he wanted, so he waited, similar to how Mark Delgado waited multiple seasons before changing to #8 from #18. A lot of the young players are given their academy numbers when they join the first team, so it makes sense that they eventually switch to a proper number (i.e Julian Dunn changed from 52 to 5, Jayden Nelson from 70 to 11, Noble Okello from #59 to #14)

Funny though that last season we had a surprising 5 players with numbers in the 90s (Silva 90, Lawrence 92, Auro 96, Priso 97, Achara 99) Now we only have one left (assuming Kemar is gone). Clock is ticking on Achara. Need to change that number or you're going to be traded (Just joking haha)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
    This would surprise me at this point, for fit alone. Does Jimenez move to the right wing, where Manning-like research tells me he doesn't play? I can't imagine he's here to eventually be a bench player in a two-striker formation, although that would be some serious depth. I don't like Insigne as a striker, 4-3-3 would probably be ideal.

But Jimenez's play would probably dictate if he starts or not, and either way I'd still take Belotti in a heartbeat.
    There's a lot of movement in a bob bradley system and the 3 in the front 3 interchange a lot, it ends up being 3 forwards as opposed to 2 wingers and a forward sometimes.

I wouldn't be shocked if belotti or another similarly big name dp came in.

Bob bradley did say he could see another big name joining a little while ago in a podcast with Grant wahl.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder what’s up with Singh? He’s listed on the roster but his roster position is blank.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamp Berg View Post
    I wonder what’s up with Singh? He’s listed on the roster but his roster position is blank.
    I would say figuring out if he will be loaned to the CPL or down to the MLS Next Pro team. Not sure why the previous loan deal to Pacific failed but they're probably trying elsewhere. Until then, he's listed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also interesting is that Auro is just not listed instead of being listed as "Loaned out". In the past, I remember seeing players listed as Loaned out

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From what gather, Pacific after announcing that he was coming on loan decided that they could not guarantee him playing time based on some of the other players they were bringing in. The simply had second thoughts on how they rated him.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ theres no evidence of that...could also be that singh and bradley thought that wasnt the right place to go for him

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Amir. View Post
    ^ theres no evidence of that...could also be that singh and bradley thought that wasnt the right place to go for him
    That was what was suggested by some at CSN. They had agreed to the loan, Pacific had even announced it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was what was suggested by some at CSN. They had agreed to the loan, Pacific had even announced it.
    Perhaps a combo of Kah leaving around then (he was an excellent defender and has a good rep as a coach, so...) and Luke not being ready to start for them.

The kid is an exceptional athlete, obviously, from the way he moves and some of the passes he threw forward. But he was utterly lost and out of his depth at the pro level. Dunne, in a single appearance, looked massively more prepared and he was starting in the CPL.

Maybe he's just not able to read the game at speed. He probably needs to go down to USL1 for a couple of seasons, or the Next Pro team.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After checking the roster again and seeing Gavran also with no jersey number I am thinking he and Singh will probably be going to the MLSNP squad.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    After checking the roster again and seeing Gavran also with no jersey number I am thinking he and Singh will probably be going to the MLSNP squad.
    Gavran was just added as a draft pick, he has not actually been signed to a contract yet. Will likely end up with TFC II.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's terrible and no one wants him lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gavran was just added as a draft pick, he has not actually been signed to a contract yet. Will likely end up with TFC II.
    What's interesting is that Reshaun Walkes is not listed (he was previously) as a Draft pick (like Gavran is). Not sure what to make of that. Did he leave? Is he signing a first team deal and they didn't want to list him as supplemental so as not to leak it? Accidental removal when they made other changes?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Remember the game when Altidore scored, an Atlanta United fan then threw a beer and Giovinco drank from that cup...

Well, TFC interest Destro can score while carrying a water bottle around with him...

https://youtu.be/UaxmxRSszik

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@FabrizioRomano:

Toronto FC are set to sign Genoa captain and former Zenit left back Domenico Criscito. Agreement at final stages on a two year deal, @DiMarzio reports  #TorontoFC

Criscito could be announced as new Toronto signing in the coming weeks, while Lorenzo Insigne will join in July.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

About time Fab tweeted about us again.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The article Fab is tweeting out at says Criscito will come in March as opposed to Insigne being here in July.

Very VERY exciting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mimmo coming in March is big. We can't wait for half the team to get here in July.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yuushalinsky View Post
    The article Fab is tweeting out at says Criscito will come in March as opposed to Insigne being here in July.

Very VERY exciting.
    Plus we are waiting on the confirmation of the Chung signing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://www.tsn.ca/european-clubs-tr...utty-1.1763085

Jahkeele Marshall-Rutty’s agent tells TSN a European club was ready to table a transfer offer for the Toronto FC forward, but the MLS team is keen to hold on to the 17 year old and values the Canadian talent at $20 million.

Marshall-Rutty trained with Arsenal, Liverpool, and Belgium’s Club Brugge over the MLS off-season. Marshall-Rutty’s agent, Mike Senkowski, says those clubs are now “tracking” his development this MLS season.

One of the clubs Marshal-Rutty trained with was ready to make TFC an offer for the Brampton, Ont. native, but new TFC head coach and sporting director Bob Bradley is apparently keen on working with Marshall-Rutty this season.

“Bob [Bradley] has been terrific with Jahkeele, so that helps for a young talent to focus on his current environment,” Senkowski said. “[Former Toronto FC head coach Greg] Vanney gave him the encouragement and feeling, but [Bradley] has given this as well, along with opportunity and readiness to play.”
    I still don't really get the attention with Marshal-Rutty... $20 million?!? Are we seriously expecting to get $20 million for him?

I hope he's ready to blow me away with his play this weekend because that is bonkers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TORONTO FC CLOSE TO FULLY FINALIZING DEAL FOR CRISCITO

https://football-italia.net/toronto-fc-close-to-fully-finalizing-deal-for-criscito/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    https://www.tsn.ca/european-clubs-tr...utty-1.1763085

I still don't really get the attention with Marshal-Rutty... $20 million?!? Are we seriously expecting to get $20 million for him?

I hope he's ready to blow me away with his play this weekend because that is bonkers.

Maybe TFC can send him on a year loan, let his value increase in Europe, then sell him. I don't see his value being that high now. Maybe if performance bonuses are built in, but I'd say currently $5M would be a very generous valuation. But evaluating potential in a transfer fee is tricky.
    Last edited by rydermike; 02-23-2022 at 12:43 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Getting Criscito now is huge, but I wonder how fit he is. His last game played was on December 21st.

He was dealing with a calf issue that kept him out for a while, and he got COVID around then too.

Then an unused sub for their game on Feb 13th and not in the squad this past weekend, probably because the deal was close.

Hope he can play soon because we could really use him.
    Last edited by mowe; 02-23-2022 at 12:48 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yuushalinsky View Post

Very VERY exciting.
    Plus we are waiting on the confirmation of the Chung signing.
    Huh? Did I miss something?
    I am being sincere and am not trying to instigate...
    I am all for the (semi) yutes and (Cdn) depth at right back particularly, for now, especially under BB stewardship.
    No argument that Chung is a fair and reasonable prospect with potential.
    However, surely you jest? Are you seriously comparing or equating the Criscito development with Chung's?
    Or are you ?, cause , I think IMHO that would be , please...!
    Criscito at his age... in a leg cast, neck brace and on the pitch with crutches is still more relevant just as a role model and for leadership to addressing TFC's current issues then Chung. Sorry.