Page 182 of 191 FirstFirst ... 82132172178179180181182183184185186 ... LastLast
Results 5,431 to 5,460 of 5705
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have seen a few posts that the league is starting early this year. However in 2020 our first game was Feb 29 and first home game March 7th vs NYC FC. This season seems like it is lining up with the start from two years ago and doesn't seem much earlier. This year is Feb 26 and March 5th at home

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    One thing everyone should check out is other team's roster contruction. We're not the only ones with holes and seem to be leaving areas unaddressed. I randomly roll through various teams chats to see what's up and there's a lot of this going on this year. I am always suspicious of MLS and it's inner workings so I assume something is up with the new TV deal and how it will affect the cap & clubs.
    interesting. and true.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is a message board, its all speculation for the most part, I would not expect much, just enjoy the conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Gogon View Post
    Paging TheGoodson, paging TheGoodson.

May I ask you a multiple choice question, TheGoodson?
    Did Auro leave of his own volition?
    (1) Yup
    (2) Nope
    (3) I'm not at liberty to say
    (4) I don't know

I promise, we won't ask you how you know what you know.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I an worried about the depth of the squad. The starters look alright on paper, but we are just one Carlos Salcedo or Chris Mavinga injury away from being in trouble.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jozy suggests behind the scenes skulduggery was at play. I think we all figured that much.

https://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sp...576212592.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 613reppingTFC View Post
    I have seen a few posts that the league is starting early this year. However in 2020 our first game was Feb 29 and first home game March 7th vs NYC FC. This season seems like it is lining up with the start from two years ago and doesn't seem much earlier. This year is Feb 26 and March 5th at home
    There were stories about it starting early. Maybe they were referring to when people had to report to camp? But it does look like the dates aren't that different. Perhaps they were comparing it to pre-Covid schedules.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Jozy suggests behind the scenes skulduggery was at play. I think we all figured that much.

https://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sp...576212592.html
    How long will it take him to spill it? You know there is no way he won’t. Maybe on the MLS Extratime podcast tomorrow…

Inquiring minds definitely want to hear more about this:

there’s a lot of things … that you guys don’t know about,” he said. “Certain things that are kept hidden for certain people…

…there’s definitely a lot of things that have happened there that just aren’t talked about or brought to the surface. And I think it weighed on some guys who have been there for a long time.
    Last edited by ensco; 02-15-2022 at 05:38 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    How long will it take him to spill it? You know there is no way he won’t. Maybe on the MLS Extratime podcast tomorrow…

there’s a lot of things … that you guys don’t know about,” he said. “Certain things that are kept hidden for certain people…

…there’s definitely a lot of things that have happened there that just aren’t talked about or brought to the surface. And I think it weighed on some guys who have been there for a long time.
    Unless they tied some sort of NDA to his exercised option.. we all know the club wasn’t paying Jozy to play with option, so what were they paying for?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Inquiring minds want to know...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    The other stuff I read about Laryea is people over there think he's not solid enough to deal with the challenges at that pace.
    Let’s see how he settles in. Prior to Davies, the default setting in Europe was pretty dismissive of Canadians and I would expect that still hasn’t changed much.

But his defensive positioning is sometimes slack and in Europe you’ll get punished for that more often. I don’t think “pace” will be the issue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post

This is very likely, little birdie said the same thing today.

No idea what is going on, seems like someone is making things uncomfortable, awkward and just doing shady things to save their job.

SMH this will definitely show up on the pitch

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jozy is probably not the most reliable witness as to the circumstance surrounding Jozy leaving.

It will all come out eventually sometime in the next few years - somebody is going to talk. I suspect somebody's halo is going to get tarnished.

I also suspect the last 2 years of covid-ball has more to do with this then Jozy is willing to admit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This entire Jozy contract situation stinks from all sides.

Anyway it seems like Jozy talk always creeps into this thread.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jozy is being passive-aggressive and unreasonably cryptic. He is going out of his way to say something by not saying something. The something is it didn't work out because he couldn't stay on the field. He admitted as much by straight up saying you can't beat father time and that he was at the point in his career where he could play limited minutes to help the team.
    Last edited by PaceyWinger; 02-16-2022 at 12:46 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PaceyWinger View Post
    Jozy is being passive-aggressive and unreasonably cryptic. He is going out of his way to say something by not saying something. The something is it didn't work out because he couldn't stay on the field. He admitted as much by straight up saying you can't beat father time and that he was at the point in his career where he could play limited minutes to help the team.
    To the points. Agree with you on your well stated account.

We will see if any further insight is shared on his statements on Andrew Wiebes Extra Time MLS Podcast tomorrow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So...

Is there any likelihood that a foreign addition is to be made to join our roster immediately for or just after the start of the season?
    I suspect it would be from some of these following countries- still open transfer windows...

According to Wiki and other sources...

Argentina 19FEB22 or 23FEB22?
    Brazil 29MAR22 or 04APR22? or 12APR22?
    Japan 29MAR22
    Sweden 31MAR22
    Norway 01APR22
    Lithuania 12MAR22
    Finland 30APR22

Maybe Bob The Builder can work some of that JJ magic in one of these countries; perhaps in Norway this time instead of Poland?
    Maybe find us a more diamond in the rough, MLS version, of what he may still need; a non-striker gem like Erling Braut Haaland?
    Let this boy dream!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    So...

Is there any likelihood that a foreign addition is to be made to join our roster immediately for or just after the start of the season?
    I suspect it would be from some of these following countries- still open transfer windows...

According to Wiki and other sources...

Argentina 19FEB22 or 23FEB22?
    Brazil 29MAR22 or 04APR22? or 12APR22?
    Japan 29MAR22
    Sweden 31MAR22
    Norway 01APR22
    Lithuania 12MAR22
    Finland 30APR22

Maybe Bob The Builder can work some of that JJ magic in one of these countries; perhaps in Norway this time instead of Poland?
    Maybe find us a more diamond in the rough, MLS version, of what he may still need; a non-striker gem like Erling Braut Haaland?
    Let this boy dream!
    In fact, the transfer window only applies to inbound player acquisitions. Teams in any region can ship players out at any time. See: Pozuelo, Alejandro - Genk to TFC, March 2019. The MLS window stays open until May 4. And summer window opens on July 7. So until May 4, we can acquire players from any league. It's conceivable that we bring in a player toward the end of the current window. Some of the teams in Europe will have had their position in their table crystallized by then, and may well opt to reap a transfer fee, or let an expiring contract leave early to save on wages.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jozy may also be tending to his own reputation. We all know Jozy is no saint a la MB4

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gogon View Post
    In fact, the transfer window only applies to inbound player acquisitions. Teams in any region can ship players out at any time. See: Pozuelo, Alejandro - Genk to TFC, March 2019. The MLS window stays open until May 4. And summer window opens on July 7. So until May 4, we can acquire players from any league. It's conceivable that we bring in a player toward the end of the current window. Some of the teams in Europe will have had their position in their table crystallized by then, and may well opt to reap a transfer fee, or let an expiring contract leave early to save on wages.

Yes, of course. I am aware. Thank you for the clarification. That distinction is very important. My post should have been better formed and phrased.
    The only coming and (not) also going is a common misconception of the transfer window.
    Although, I believe for certain countries, their federations, outgoing may at times also be restricted.

For example Brazil... https://www.sambafoot.com/en/news/mo...fect-from-2022
    "The following are the transfer windows for any type of transfer in 2022:
    The first quarter runs from January 19 to April 12.
    The second quarter runs from July 18 to August 15.
    Not only does the law apply to player arrivals, but it also applies to player departures.
    In 2023, the rule is expected to be implemented in the Brazilian Championship Series C and D."

However, I usually find that for most teams and leagues, with no out-going restriction, activity does seem to also diminish once their inbound window is closed.
    Particularly for 1'st tiers; starters/regulars; yet, there are always exceptions.
    For me, teams seem to prefer not to deal with such distractions or disruptions once their inbound window is closed unless really necessary.
    Their base, maybe more casual than fanatic, usually expects outgoing and incoming activity to be connected; occur at the same time/window.
    At times interconnected; a plug in for a plug out.
    Even though there is no requirement to have to by FIFA; maybe just a general public mis-perception.
    I think one of the origin reasons for windows was to allow a team that focus on play or on planning; a degree of detachment between the two.
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 02-16-2022 at 05:27 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blames everyone but himself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://www.tfcrepublic.ca/tfc-kadin...pl-pacific-fc/
    Apparently we've signed Kadin Chung. I like the move although he did not look good in allowing that goal against Houston just now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We are in a lot of trouble if Chung is our primary backup fullback.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    We are in a lot of trouble if Chung is our primary backup fullback.
    They're likely signing him for the potential to learn, given his recent level of play and experience.

BB looks to be trying a few things today. THe lines are tighter, they're circulating the ball more quickly, trying to unbalance the defence.

A little disconcerting to see MB covering too much ground a few minutes ago, forcing a mid-field switch and cover. Doesn't have the speed for that.

BB sure isn't shy on the sideline, is he? Holy crow, the guy can yell.

Shaff looks pretty good today, good cover and a nice cross just now.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

who is the kid playing RB? His reaction and decision making is too slow.

mavinga as well. taking too long to make decisions out the back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    they're likely signing him for the potential to learn, given his recent level of play and experience.

Bb looks to be trying a few things today. The lines are tighter, they're circulating the ball more quickly, trying to unbalance the defence.

He sure isn't shy on the sideline, is he? Holy crow, the guy can yell.

Shaff looks pretty good today, good cover and a nice cross just now.
    "that's better!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    who is the kid playing RB? His reaction and decision making is too slow.

mavinga as well. taking too long to make decisions out the back.
    That is Kaiden Chung.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see Chung getting the Ashtone Morgan treatment out there where people pretend like they don't see him and just turn to find a different pass.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    That is Kaiden Chung.
    We haven't signed him have we?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    We haven't signed him have we?
    We just did today according to Molinaro.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really like what I can see from Shaff on the left side. Nelson looks to be using his pace on that side aswell.