Page 171 of 191 FirstFirst ... 71121161167168169170171172173174175181 ... LastLast
Results 5,101 to 5,130 of 5705
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    YesThat, and confirmation that Auro isn't a deep lying midfielder. Answered that question.
    That move by Armas is still the most baffling decision I've ever seen. I need to fill DM, RB and RM. I have DM, RB, and RM in Delgado, Auro, and Laryea. Solved it

Last edited by rydermike; 02-08-2022 at 12:34 PM. Reason: clarify that I'm talking about Armas in 2021

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Confirmed that Staff is being used as a FB in camp...and surprisingly? JMR as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We’re definitely going 3-5-2

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    Still the most baffling decision I've ever seen. I need to fill DM, RB and RM. I have DM, RB, and RM in Delgado, Auro, and Laryea. Solved it
    Not really. I get it.

Delgado was probably one of the 2017 hangover people Bradley mentioned in his first interview plus he is too high paid/worth too much allocation for what he is. We can do better for what we got for him.

Richie wanted to move on to test himself and they tried to make him the highest paid FB in MLS. That's just how it goes.

For Auro and Lawrence they want to free up international spots for whatever Manning is doing in Italy I presume.

Also Bradley has a proven track record of up-coaching players so they probably think we can fill a lot of holes internally and I don't see why we shouldn't try that. For years people complained that young Canadians largely got no minutes with Vanney and now Bradley looks like he is totally willing to give them all a shot but it's no good now? It's year one of full roster rebuild so it makes a lot more sense to try out some of our academy & draft prospects while we have this rebuilding window.
    Last edited by Ultra & Proud; 02-08-2022 at 11:33 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Not really. I get it.

Delgado was probably one of the 2017 hangover people Bradley mentioned in his first interview plus he is too high paid/worth too much allocation for what he is. We can do better for what we got for him.

Richie wanted to move on to test himself and they tried to make him the highest paid FB in MLS. That's just how it goes.

For Auro and Lawrence they want to free up international spots for whatever Manning is doing in Italy I presume.

Also Bradley has a proven track record of up-coaching players so they probably think we can fill a lot of holes internally and I don't see why we shouldn't try that. For years people complained that young Canadians largely got no minutes with Vanney and now Bradley looks like he is totally willing to give them all a shot but it's no good now? It's year one of full roster rebuild so it makes a lot more sense to try out some of our academy & draft prospects while we have this rebuilding window.
    I was talking about the decision back in May when Armas decided to play Auro at DM and Delgado at RM when there was no reason to move them out of their correct positions, which was what MDM was saying in the comment I replied to when we were talking about the bad moments of 2021. (Granted this is the 2022 thread, so I probably shouldn't keep up conversations of 2021)

I wasn't referring to the current moves to let them go
    Last edited by rydermike; 02-08-2022 at 12:39 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Manning has a shopping list in Italy.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    I was talking about the decision back in May when Armas decided to play Auro at DM and Delgado at RM when there was no reason to move them out of their correct positions, which was what MDM was saying in the comment I replied to when we were talking about the bad moments of 2021. (Granted this is the 2022 thread, so I probably shouldn't keep up conversations of 2021)

I wasn't referring to the current moves to let them go
    I don't think anybody ever should question why Armas does Armas things. The answer is known; he has no clue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smokecell View Post
    Confirmed that Staff is being used as a FB in camp...and surprisingly? JMR as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    I suspect those speculating about Shaffleburg becoming a wingback are correct.
    Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    We’re definitely going 3-5-2

So... if 3-5-2... season starting XI... about a quarter of it the yutes!

----------------Westberg------------------

-------O'Neill----Salcedo---Mavinga--------
    --JMR--Priso--Bradley--Osorio--Shaffelburg--
    -----------Poz-----------JJ----------------

Does this look about right?
    JMR and Shaffelburg as wing-backs?
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 02-08-2022 at 02:12 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes sir. Looks like you've hit the nail on the head with this XI (pending new arrivals, for which I have my fingers crossed)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    So... if 3-5-2... season starting XI... about a quarter of it the yutes!

----------------Westburg------------------

-------O'Neill----Salcedo---Mavinga--------
    --JMR--Priso--Bradley--Osorio--Shaffelburg--
    -----------Poz-----------JJ----------------

Does this look about right?
    JMR and Shaffelburg as wing-backs?
    Aside from Bradley starting this is a solid lineup.

We can't seriously think starting Bradley in the middle isn't a massive liability.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Manning has a shopping list in Italy.

What black magic are they going to pull to fit these two guys into the salary scheme? I can't imagine guys of this pedigree taking TAM deals, although maybe because of age they're willing to settle for less (but... you have to figure quite a lot less. It's not like Serie A guys are poorly compensated.)

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What black magic are they going to pull to fit these two guys into the salary scheme? I can't imagine guys of this pedigree taking TAM deals, although maybe because of age they're willing to settle for less (but... you have to figure quite a lot less. It's not like Serie A guys are poorly compensated.)
    I feel Criscito can be had on a Tam contract, Destro as a DP Salcedo bought down to Tam, Gio comes back on Tam……I fine with this

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section 223 View Post
    I feel Criscito can be had on a Tam contract, Destro as a DP Salcedo bought down to Tam, Gio comes back on Tam……I fine with this
    Gio ain't coming back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gio ain't coming back.
    "My disappointment is immeasurable, and my day is ruined"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gio ain't coming back.
    I agree. I think he is going to stink up Sampdoria and then probably retire after they get relegated. If he does come back it will be a one day contract to retire as a Red and then maybe get a backroom gig with the academy or the MLS Nextpro team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section 223 View Post
    I feel Criscito can be had on a Tam contract, Destro as a DP Salcedo bought down to Tam
    I would have guessed this too, and I think noxx98's spreadsheet shows lots of xAM available.

But, I had a quick look at salarysport.com and it seems it might be the converse. Criscito is currently on $2.75 million, not expiring until June 2023. Whereas Destro is only on $1.125 million, expiring June 2022. I'm guessing if Genoa gets relegated, they both will need to take a cut in pay, and so both are likely looking for new clubs. But Destro seems to have fallen from grace. He used to earn a lot more, and he's only 30.

Given Criscito's advancing age, and the likelihood we will offer him a multi-year deal, it is conceivable we could get them both on TAM. And if we have to go higher, it might just be for the first year of Criscito's deal, in which case I guess we'd then apply to TAM to Salcedo as you suggest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree. I think he is going to stink up Sampdoria and then probably retire after they get relegated. If he does come back it will be a one day contract to retire as a Red and then maybe get a backroom gig with the academy or the MLS Nextpro team.
    Even if he tears it up, no chance TFC sits on that allocation spot until July and even slimmer chance that they shift an asset in July to move up to #1. Would have entertained his return once he claimed it wasn't about the money but it's clear to me that this is over once and for all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gogon View Post
    I would have guessed this too, and I think noxx98's spreadsheet shows lots of xAM available.

But, I had a quick look at salarysport.com and it seems it might be the converse. Criscito is currently on $2.75 million, not expiring until June 2023. Whereas Destro is only on $1.125 million, expiring June 2022. I'm guessing if Genoa gets relegated, they both will need to take a cut in pay, and so both are likely looking for new clubs. But Destro seems to have fallen from grace. He used to earn a lot more, and he's only 30.

Given Criscito's advancing age, and the likelihood we will offer him a multi-year deal, it is conceivable we could get them both on TAM. And if we have to go higher, it might just be for the first year of Criscito's deal, in which case I guess we'd then apply to TAM to Salcedo as you suggest.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Even if he tears it up, no chance TFC sits on that allocation spot until July and even slimmer chance that they shift an asset in July to move up to #1. Would have entertained his return once he claimed it wasn't about the money but it's clear to me that this is over once and for all.
    He didn't look good when I watched him at Al Hilal and he was on the best team in the SPL. I can only imagine how much more he has fallen off after sitting for close to a year. I think all he will have now is free kicks like Beckham did when he was with the Gals.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On that note, I had a small error that I fixed (did not materially impact totals) and have added in Jimenez. For the time being, I've left Kemar and Auro, but moving them will free up another $750k, plus whatever we get for them in a sale/transfer.

The pipeline for additional xAM should be pretty strong for TFC the next few years. A potential sale of JMR at the end of the season, Auro rumoured to be sold at the end of the year, MB4 hopefully moving down from $1.5M to a more manageable number, plus major increases in base GAM by MLS. I also think if we do not use the GAM from Richie's sale this year, it carries forward to next year.

If Criscito and Destro can both come in at a TAM level, we should still be able to manage additional acquisitions in the future.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any legit Bono rumours? Lots of people have Westberg penciled in but I think you may be disappointed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Webdogg View Post
    Any legit Bono rumours? Lots of people have Westberg penciled in but I think you may be disappointed.
    Some internet chatter saying Portland were interested. I find it hard to believe but they thought Clark was awesome and he cost them the final so who knows? A little bit of New England rumbling too because Turner is leaving but nothing substantial. I say we're stuck and I bet he starts more than anyone thinks he should.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What we do not know is when GAM is used by the FO and where it is allocated ie someone could simply have their budget charged lowered, which would not be reflected in their published salary by the PA. A TAM signing has a cap hit of $150,000 where a DP cap hit is $612,000. The max TAM salary is 1,612,500. If you have a player a DP under that threshold how much space would you been to payhim down to make him a TAM player as people suggest with Salcedo? A DP signing of $1,612,500 has a cap hit of $612,000 where a TAM salary at the same rate is only has a $150,000 budget charge. So what would the actually cost be to make say Salcedo a TAM player from a DP?

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    On that note, I had a small error that I fixed (did not materially impact totals) and have added in Jimenez. For the time being, I've left Kemar and Auro, but moving them will free up another $750k, plus whatever we get for them in a sale/transfer.

The pipeline for additional xAM should be pretty strong for TFC the next few years. A potential sale of JMR at the end of the season, Auro rumoured to be sold at the end of the year, MB4 hopefully moving down from $1.5M to a more manageable number, plus major increases in base GAM by MLS. I also think if we do not use the GAM from Richie's sale this year, it carries forward to next year.

If Criscito and Destro can both come in at a TAM level, we should still be able to manage additional acquisitions in the future.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...I say we're stuck and I bet he starts more than anyone thinks he should.
    Well that would only take one game....

(Yes, about him, I'm harsh - I think of him in the same realm of a Kantari )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    What we do not know is when GAM is used by the FO and where it is allocated ie someone could simply have their budget charged lowered, which would not be reflected in their published salary by the PA. A TAM signing has a cap hit of $150,000 where a DP cap hit is $612,000. The max TAM salary is 1,612,500. If you have a player a DP under that threshold how much space would you been to payhim down to make him a TAM player as people suggest with Salcedo? A DP signing of $1,612,500 has a cap hit of $612,000 where a TAM salary at the same rate is only has a $150,000 budget charge. So what would the actually cost be to make say Salcedo a TAM player from a DP?
    Of course - don't know all the instances in which it's actually applied. So this is really just a rough estimate. For example, I've assumed we've bought down our 3 DPs to $150k using GAM, but we may not use that much if we need to apply that to a TAM level player. Overall my objective of this was to just give us a rough idea of how much budget space we have available to make moves to try and inform the discussion. I want to know if we have the ability to sign a high TAM salary player with a remaining roster spot, or do we need to stick to someone around the $200k salary range. We really won't be able to get to the level of understanding budget issues to the nearest dollar.

For your questions, still waiting on the official 2022 Roster Rules, so that should clarify the specific dollars. My understanding:

- A TAM signing must their budget hit bought down to between $612k and $150k. We need to use xAM to get it down to $612 and then can use xAM the rest of the way as we see fit.

- For Salcedo, assuming he is a DP, he has a budget hit of $612k. We can then use GAM to buy him down - can't use TAM if he is a DP. If Salcedo is making $1.6M (i.e., max TAM) he can be classified as a DP or as a TAM player. There's a number of teams that have players in the $600k-$1.6M that decide to classify them as a DP, but could move them to TAM if they wanted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Latest CP story confirms Kemar Lawrence is gone but they have yet to announce where.

I wonder if they're arranging a trade or just paying him out. It's not a DP buyout, so that's okay, right? He seems to me to be a guy who would have considerable trade value.

https://www.coastreporter.net/nation...roster-5041398

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not a DP buyout, so that's okay, right?
    I believe we can buyout any number of players, but we only get salary cap relief for one buyout per offseason. Isn't that why the Dwyer deal with Dallas was such a coup? They used a buyout they otherwise weren't going to use, and we kept our powder dry for a DP buyout. So I would assume they are working on some sort of transaction for Kemar.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe we can buyout any number of players, but we only get salary cap relief for one buyout per offseason. Isn't that why the Dwyer deal with Dallas was such a coup? They used a buyout they otherwise weren't going to use, and we kept our powder dry for a DP buyout. So I would assume they are working on some sort of transaction for Kemar.
    The latest Buffery story makes it sound as if he's just frozen out for now, that he didn't gel with the attitude Bradley wants to see.

Some interesting stuff in this one. He wants Poz to be more positional and less free role, but praises his work ethic and attitude to change.

https://torontosun.com/sports/soccer...tidore-jimenez

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seba is not coming back…. There is a lot of things behind the scene that caused this deal to collapse. His former agent and current agent of Insinge has a lot to do with why Seba isn’t returning.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Luke Singh with a less than glowing review here from BB.

"We are looking to secure a loan for Luke,” Bradley said. “He needs the experience this year. The first phase of pre-season didn’t go very well."