Page 165 of 191 FirstFirst ... 65115155161162163164165166167168169175 ... LastLast
Results 4,921 to 4,950 of 5705
  1. #4921
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    1,362
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    My money is on Igor (Vinicius goes by Igor, apparently). 24, valued at 2.5M. Quick right-sided wingback who has lost his first team spot.
    His contract expires at the end of 2022, so should be available pretty easily if he isn't playing. I know Auro isn't a superstar by any stretch, but he's a solid MLS player on a reasonable contract. If he's leaving, we better have a good plan in place to fill his minutes.

  2. #4922
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    13,893
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    His contract expires at the end of 2022, so should be available pretty easily if he isn't playing. I know Auro isn't a superstar by any stretch, but he's a solid MLS player on a reasonable contract. If he's leaving, we better have a good plan in place to fill his minutes.
    He's not only not playing, they've already signed ANOTHER right back (they have four already) who will be ahead of him in the pecking order.

    They probably want Auro because he can play as a wide centre half in a three-man backline and as a DM. On that team, I have a hard time seeing him starting wide.

  3. #4923
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    1,362
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    He's not only not playing, they've already signed ANOTHER right back (they have four already) who will be ahead of him in the pecking order.

    They probably want Auro because he can play as a wide centre half in a three-man backline and as a DM. On that team, I have a hard time seeing him starting wide.
    Maybe Armas was onto something playing Auro as a DM...

  4. #4924
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    4,370
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Maybe I'm misremembering but I thought Auro was great in the 2018 CCL run we had.

    I think he is a solid MLS player, also he is only 26 which at this stage is just settling into the prime years of his career.

  5. #4925
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    2,365
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brooker View Post
    I can't believe it's been 15 years.
    Seeing you bring up that's its been 15 years made me realize that basically every child in Toronto will have no recollection of a city without a pro team, which is amazing. Pro soccer in Toronto is just a given to them. I remember growing up feeling like pro soccer seemed so far away and almost unattainable for Canadian kids. Totally different now.

  6. #4926
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Stoke-on-Toronto
    Posts
    8,791
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    Seeing you bring up that's its been 15 years made me realize that basically every child in Toronto will have no recollection of a city without a pro team, which is amazing. Pro soccer in Toronto is just a given to them. I remember growing up feeling like pro soccer seemed so far away and almost unattainable for Canadian kids. Totally different now.
    It made me feel old. Weren't we just singing The Wheels on the bus go round & round, Landon you're a cunt outside shoeless? LOL

  7. #4927
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    2,365
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I don't see Auro leaving. He's needed here, he loves it here, and Santos isn't coming with a can't turn down deal. There isn't any benefit to us. We already did our nice thing for Santos by paying off their debt to Huachipato and saving them from a transfer ban by buying Soteldo.

  8. #4928
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    2,365
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brooker View Post
    It made me feel old.
    That too lol, I just tried to push that thought out of my head with something else haha.

  9. #4929
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    4,611
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    We’re going to get railroaded this season, has someone told the club when it actually starts???

  10. #4930
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    16,409
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brooker View Post
    I miss those days. You could get away with smoking, bringing in booze (alledgedly). Someone crowd surfing in 112 one time. The guy who ran on the field and shit himself, all we are saying is give us a goal, Welsh scoring in the rain, when the Voyageurs cup was cancelled and the walkway was flooded & people were just dancing in the rain, the time when some poor NYRB supporters walked into 112 & was escorted out by security before he got pelted, Rohan Ricketts joining us in 112.... thats not even half the stuff that went down. I miss those days so much.

    The squirrel th
    at was on the field. The cat. & nothing will ever beat Dichio's ridiculous goal aginst New England & the pitch invasion.

    Bolts f
    alling out of the stands because of all the stomping & jumping? I can't believe it's been 15 years.
    It's true.

    It made no sense. It's impossible to explain if you weren’t there. Not sure it's possible to explain if you were there.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

  11. #4931
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    116
    Posts
    19,753
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    We’re going to get railroaded this season, has someone told the club when it actually starts???

    Most other clubs are in the same boat.

    Bradley has strongly indicated that this work in progress is going to take at least 2 transfer windows.

    Focus this year is going to be on team identity & the CCL - just like last year should have been.

  12. #4932
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,577
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    Maybe Armas was onto something playing Auro as a DM...
    There was nothing that Armas and Covid did for TFC, that was good. Wrong person, wrong system at the wrong time. I just bought two more SSH because I need to sit outside, with my friends and have an overpriced draft beer and watch a TFC team compete with pride again…. That’s all i want.

    I actually think Soteldo, in another time would have been great here but if you were an outsider and never really saw how great Toronto was, did you play at your optimum. Did our team in general and him in particular even have a chance with that system and management type. I know he played under Perez but the damage to morale was done. I cant believe what those bastards are doing to Lingard at MU.

    I am hoping BB can bring that back our fight and energy and we attract players that bring out the best in each other….that will be our key next year. I like Auro, would like to see him stay.



    COYR…. One Month until kick-off.


    btw… have we chosen our Patio yet.
    Last edited by Bushmancan; 02-05-2022 at 07:55 AM.

  13. #4933
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    7,558
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    There was nothing that Armas and Covid did for TFC, that was good. Wrong person, wrong system at the wrong time. I just bought two more SSH because I need to sit outside, with my friends and have an overpriced draft beer and watch a TFC team compete with pride again…. That’s all i want.

    I actually think Soteldo, in another time would have been great here but if you were an outsider and never really saw how great Toronto was, did you play at your optimum. Did our team in general and him in particular even have a chance with that system and management type. I know he played under Perez but the damage to morale was done. I cant believe what those bastards are doing to Lingard at MU.

    I am hoping BB can bring that back our fight and energy and we attract players that bring out the best in each other….that will be our key next year. I like Auro, would like to see him stay.



    COYR…. One Month until kick-off.


    btw… have we chosen our Patio yet.
    I sighed at the thought of drinking an overpriced beer sitting in my seats. Lol. Can’t believe we’re only a month away. It’s like -200 out there today!

  14. #4934
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    2,365
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    There was nothing that Armas and Covid did for TFC, that was good.
    He did one good thing. By absolutely tanking the squad, it led to Ali Curtis getting the boot too. Success through failure (does that count as a success lol). If we had a half-decent season, Curtis might still be here.

  15. #4935
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,577
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ^fair. #firecurtis, it feels so cathartic.
    Last edited by Bushmancan; 02-05-2022 at 08:49 AM.

  16. #4936
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    16,409
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Most other clubs are in the same boat.

    Bradley has strongly indicated that this work in progress is going to take at least 2 transfer windows.

    Focus this year is going to be on team identity & the CCL - just like last year should have been.
    The summer window is always the one with by far the most volume, and it goes right to the beginning of September.

    It's maybe the single biggest argument for moving the MLS season calendar to align with Europe and Mexico (not that I seriously think they will ever do it)
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

  17. #4937
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    660
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    wait what other options do we actually have at wingback again?

  18. #4938
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    16,409
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yuushalinsky View Post
    wait what other options do we actually have at wingback again?
    Justin Morrow coming off the … desk?
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

  19. #4939
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    2,365
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yuushalinsky View Post
    wait what other options do we actually have at wingback again?
    Signed we have:
    Auro (RB)
    Lawrence (LB)
    Petrasso (LB)
    MarshallRutty (maybe wingback)

    On trial we have:
    Kobe Franklin (RB) - TFC2 - nominee for USL1 defender of the year
    Kadin Chung (RB) - last played for Pacific FC in CanPL
    Damia Viader (LB) - last played for Union Omaha in USL1 - named Defender of the year
    Rohan Goulbourne (LB/LM) - TFC2

    We're really lacking in MLS experience at the position. Basically between the actual roster and trialists, it's Auro and Lawrence (and we've seen reports that both could leave), and a bunch of MLS rookies
    Last edited by rydermike; 02-05-2022 at 09:59 AM.

  20. #4940
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    F5
    Posts
    13,943
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I would hate to lose Auro at this stage. We’re thin at fullback as it is and I think he’s serviceable with additional upside. Also seems to be content playing here.

    If he wants to go I’d find a way to make it work but otherwise I wouldn’t exactly hurry him out the door.

  21. #4941
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    SAUGA
    Posts
    302
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I don't think Auro is the weak link on our team, and he is once again one of those guys that seem to play up to the level around him (similar to Osorio) so I could see him doing very well with Salcedo beside him and a RW/RM that has skill and pedigree. If anything we should be looking for a LB if Kemar is gone as well as backups for both wingbacks.

  22. #4942
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    16,409
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I wouldn’t think that Auro leaving, if he is, would be a standalone move. I guess I would personally give BB more credit than to assume that Lawrence and/or Auro are leaving without a plan in place to replace them.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

  23. #4943
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    5,657
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brooker View Post
    I miss those days. You could get away with smoking, bringing in booze (alledgedly). Someone crowd surfing in 112 one time. The guy who ran on the field and shit himself, all we are saying is give us a goal, Welsh scoring in the rain, when the Voyageurs cup was cancelled and the walkway was flooded & people were just dancing in the rain, the time when some poor NYRB supporters walked into 112 & was escorted out by security before he got pelted, Rohan Ricketts joining us in 112.... thats not even half the stuff that went down. I miss those days so much.

    The squirrel th
    at was on the field. The cat. & nothing will ever beat Dichio's ridiculous goal aginst New England & the pitch invasion.

    Bolts f
    alling out of the stands because of all the stomping & jumping? I can't believe it's been 15 years.
    “We only win in the rain”

    That Dichio goal was incredible. The stadium exploded. For a tie! Hahahaha

    So different to have this thread speculating on whether it’s OK to let Auro go - he would have been a standout on that team.

  24. #4944
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    5,657
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I think Auro is not enough of something. He is serviceable at everything but not elite in anything. I am OK if he goes.

    He's not enough of a closedown marker. He's not enough of an outlet passer. He is not enough of a fullback (or wingback) who causes anxiety going forward in transition. He just doesn’t, to my eye, have a high enough ceiling in any of the core skills you need in his position.

    (Playing him as a CM sure as hell wasn’t the solution, Chris Armas. I still haven’t recovered from that. )
    Completely bonkers. Marky out of position too, and seemed to throw him so much he never was quite himself and maybe led to his departure, in a way.

    The damage of the Curtis /Armas era looking more and more obvious. They broke a lot of things.
    Last edited by MightyDM; 02-05-2022 at 11:20 AM.

  25. #4945
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Ajax, ON
    Posts
    856
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    JJ not in the line up today for Górnik Zabrze

  26. #4946
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    SAUGA
    Posts
    302
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    On the topic of JJ, seems like TFC found an under-valued asset by way of him being acquired by Gornik Zabrze for free which led to them lowballing the buyout clause in his contract as any sale would seem like found money. Good scouting is defined by deals like this. Feels like Bob Bradley has got a solid network from which to find more signings in this vein, stoked to see who comes next.

  27. #4947
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    13,893
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    I don't see Auro leaving. He's needed here, he loves it here, and Santos isn't coming with a can't turn down deal. There isn't any benefit to us. We already did our nice thing for Santos by paying off their debt to Huachipato and saving them from a transfer ban by buying Soteldo.
    A couple more stories today on it, but they're all saying he's "wanted" by Sao Paolo. There's no suggestion we're interested in selling, which is why I think it's a trial balloon from the Brazilian club. They have a player they don't want, and that we're interested in, and they're trying to tempt us into swapping assets.

    Unless BB doesn't rate Auro -- which I think is incorrect, he's a very solid defender by MLS standards, doesn't make many mistakes -- or Auro has homesickness issues (a possible pandemic side effect if he hasn't been able to get back in two years), this seems unlikely to happen.

  28. #4948
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    13,893
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    We would do well, as all MLS clubs would, to be scouting the non-league teams in the UK.

    Currently watching Kidderminster Harriers leading West Ham in the second half (recorded, don't tell me) of the FA cup this morning and it's staggering how narrow the gap is between an non-league team and a Prem team.

    A lot of it is because Prem teams always play youth in these things, but a lot is the lack of tactical naivete. Kidderminster players' individual skill isn't on par with MLS, but their movement, discipline and understanding of the game is, frankly, beyond what we see from most teams here.

    Our league is really tactically naive.

  29. #4949
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    beautiful downtown bolton
    Posts
    4,149
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    TFCII/TFC Academy Latest News
    @LatestTFCII
    ·
    20m
    Our sources have told us that Gianni Cimini from
    @tfcacademy
    U17s will become the new
    @TorontoFCII
    head coach for the new
    @MLSNEXTPRO
    season.

  30. #4950
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    beautiful downtown bolton
    Posts
    4,149
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    MLS News
    @reportingmls
    · 3h
    I’m told Toronto FC has agreed to loan right back Auro Jr. to Brazilian side Santos, in a deal that includes a purchase option. #TFCLive


    All that is left is a medical. Auro is traveling to Brazil tomorrow.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •