Page 163 of 191 FirstFirst ... 63113153159160161162163164165166167173 ... LastLast
Results 4,861 to 4,890 of 5705
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Graeme View Post
    Poz, Insigne and Salcedo?
    Salcedo a temp DP for accounting and MLS rules BS reasons. Could be bought down whenever but right now it saves us some GAM so might as well hold that off until Insigne comes in July and save a half season's worth of that buydown GAM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tello makes sense if they plan on moving Insigne inside and playing a role like Giovinco used to. Could of just been banter between two friends, but someone who uses social media like Salcedo has to know he'll be stirring the pot talking like that to another prominent player who is about to come available.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I remember speculating/hoping we were in for Tello when we got Piatti. From seeing the exchange though it really could just be a friendly invite.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    Do we have any spies in Austin with Rollerblades? Should see Osorio, Lawerence and hopefully Jimenez?
    I thought I read TFC was returning to TO from LA and then heading out again to Austin so...

According too the interweb JJ flew to TO a few days ago so likely he will be joining the team in/to Austin.
    Osorio as well, maybe a few extra days of RR given the travel and his great CMNT performance.
    Lawrence... I just don't know... but I got a bad feeling...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    A little interesting exchange between Cristian Tello and Carlos Salcedo on Instagram. Might of been lost in translation, but Carlos said he awaits Cristian soon.
    Tello has (slightly bettter) Bojan Krkic vibes, I can see him in MLS. IIRC, he's predominantly a left-sided player but is two-footed so could do a job at RW.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    I thought I read TFC was returning to TO from LA and then heading out again to Austin so...

According too the interweb JJ flew to TO a few days ago so likely he will be joining the team in/to Austin.
    Osorio as well, maybe a few extra days of RR given the travel and his great CMNT performance.

Yes, I think you are correct, they don't play down there until the 9th.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESPN confirms TFC is using the buyout on Jozy. He'll then join as a TAM player for NER. Good job on getting paid Jozy.
    ESPN also says that TFC will only pay the salary that NER is not paying him this season. So assuming a salary of $3.6M, if NER pays him $1M this season we only pay $2.6M. Nice little savings for TFC.
    https://www.espn.com/soccer/soccer-t...lution-sources

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Graeme View Post
    Poz, Insigne and Salcedo?

With MLS MVP Poz and Insigne delivering balls into the box - we shouldn't need a DP striker. Just someone who can put those into the net

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    ESPN confirms TFC is using the buyout on Jozy. He'll then join as a TAM player for NER. Good job on getting paid Jozy.
    ESPN also says that TFC will only pay the salary that NER is not paying him this season. So assuming a salary of $3.6M, if NER pays him $1M this season we only pay $2.6M. Nice little savings for TFC.
    https://www.espn.com/soccer/soccer-t...lution-sources
    You wonder how it will feel to be booed by the home fans game in and game out? Have they forgiven Jozy and MB4 yet?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I liked Lawrence. It's not obvious why we would move on from him. I don’t remember him getting exposed the , say, Gonzalez did

If we are moving him, shouldn’t he bring a pretty interesting TAM package (ie more than Delgado) ?
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I liked Lawrence. It's not obvious why we would move on from him. I don’t remember him getting exposed the , say, Gonzalez did

If we are moving him, shouldn’t he bring a pretty interesting TAM package (ie more than Delgado) ?
    If I recall correctly it was not TFC wanting to move on from Lawrence but Lawrence wanting to move on from TFC. Pretty sure that is how it came across at first when anything about Lawrence leaving came out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    With MLS MVP Poz and Insigne delivering balls into the box - we shouldn't need a DP striker. Just someone who can put those into the net
    Could be a big year for Perruzza

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    I think we need a GOOD striker. Someone that buries chances when they get them inside the box, not someone with a less than stellar finishing rate. Unless we fix that and I'm still not convinced that recovering Akinola/Achara would do that, then we won't see maximum value out of Insigne. As anyone who's played out on the wing at any level will tell you, human nature dictates that if you keep launching decent crosses into the box and they don't end up in the net ... you take matters into your own hands and start cutting in yourself. Although Insigne is more than capable of doing that, as a team we'd score many more goals if we have someone on the end of those crosses who just lives for putting the ball in the old onion bag ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post

Yeah. He seems like a decent piece to me, not sure why we’d ship him out.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    IIRC he left Anderlecht for wanting to be closer to family, who lives in NYC
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    I know he wanted to come back to MLS because of family issues in Jamaica. If I remember correctly, his brother ended up having a fatal car collision. That put a lot of strain on Kemar as I think he was supporting his family quite a bit now. Maybe he's found it too hard to support them being based in Toronto and wants to move a little closer to home. Long flights, border restrictions, etc.

EDIT: Here's an article about how his brother was in an accident and lost his leg: https://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/...rlecht-absence
    And then a month later his brother ended up passing away: https://www.archyworldys.com/devasta...areer-on-hold/
    Last edited by noxx98; 02-04-2022 at 11:05 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    I know he wanted to come back to MLS because of family issues in Jamaica. If I remember correctly, his brother ended up having a fatal car collision. That put a lot of strain on Kemar as I think he was supporting his family quite a bit now. Maybe he's found it too hard to support them being based in Toronto and wants to move a little closer to home. Long flights, border restrictions, etc.

EDIT: Here's an article about how his brother was in an accident and lost his leg: https://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/...rlecht-absence
    And then a month later his brother ended up passing away: https://www.archyworldys.com/devasta...areer-on-hold/
    Fair enough, tough to fault the guy for that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Roster Evaluation (4-3-3 Assumed)

Tier 1 - Sorted
    Strikers: JJ and Akinola are excellent. Perruzza has potential.

Tier 2 - Almost
    Wingers: Shaff is the only winger currently okay to start. Insigne only comes in the summer. We need another quality winger.
    Centreback: Salcedo could be excellent. Mavinga has major question marks. O’Neil serviceable, while MacNaughton will be Zavaleta quality.
    Midfield: Poz and Oso will carry this midfield. Bradley will hamper it. I hope Priso can play Bradley off the pitch this year. Not enough quality depth without Delgado.

Tier 3 - No Absolutely Not
    Fullback: Auro can start, I guess? No quality fullbacks after Auro (assuming Kemar leaving). Major problem area.
    Keeper: Atrocious after last year. Bono obviously, Westberg surprisingly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just further confirmation.

https://www.przegladsportowy.pl/pilk...kanady/jvpx8n2

Interesting that Lukas Podolski had made his way back to Poland and was Jimenez’ striker partner is Zabzre.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post

Julius James he's so fucking good he's got two first names!ames he's so fucking good he has two first names!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by barticusz View Post
    Just further confirmation.

https://www.przegladsportowy.pl/pilk...kanady/jvpx8n2

Interesting that Lukas Podolski had made his way back to Poland and was Jimenez’ striker partner is Zabzre.
    Best line from Google translate (must be tough being a Polish Club Fan)

A fan favorite
    Canadians will transfer money to the club's account, Jiménez will become their player, and Górnik's authorities will have nothing to say. At most, they can buy flowers to say goodbye to a nice Spaniard. If his contract with Górnik did not have a buyout clause, it is quite possible that the club's top players would have rejected the offer from Canada. The forward is appreciated by coach Jan Urban, and the president of Zabrze as a representative of the city and the owner of the club, Małgorzata Mańka-Szulik, would probably not allow one of the favorite fans of Górnik to leave prematurely. As in December, the transfer of another player in a similar situation, i.e. with the contract expiring in June - Adrian Gryszkiewicz, was not allowed. On the sale of this defender to Lugano, the club from Zabrze could earn 300,000 euros with bonuses, but eventually a barrier was placed on his departure to Switzerland. It is likely that in five months he will leave for free, but he will help Urban's team this spring. Now, for Jiménez's transfer, they can get almost three million zlotys.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    Best line from Google translate (must be tough being a Polish Club Fan)

A fan favorite
    Canadians will transfer money to the club's account, Jiménez will become their player, and Górnik's authorities will have nothing to say. At most, they can buy flowers to say goodbye to a nice Spaniard. If his contract with Górnik did not have a buyout clause, it is quite possible that the club's top players would have rejected the offer from Canada. The forward is appreciated by coach Jan Urban, and the president of Zabrze as a representative of the city and the owner of the club, Małgorzata Mańka-Szulik, would probably not allow one of the favorite fans of Górnik to leave prematurely. As in December, the transfer of another player in a similar situation, i.e. with the contract expiring in June - Adrian Gryszkiewicz, was not allowed. On the sale of this defender to Lugano, the club from Zabrze could earn 300,000 euros with bonuses, but eventually a barrier was placed on his departure to Switzerland. It is likely that in five months he will leave for free, but he will help Urban's team this spring. Now, for Jiménez's transfer, they can get almost three million zlotys.
    They must love the guy, which is good news. But it's a bit delusional to think he'd stay on 109,000 a year when he's probably going to get five times that or more here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brooker View Post
    Julius James he's so fucking good he's got two first names!ames he's so fucking good he has two first names!
    A blast from the past, but waaaaay before my time; interest in TFC.

Memories for all you OG-RPBs; Ladies Love Julius James - Banned!?

Eventually, for a while, seems to have gotten lots of minutes with DC and Columbus.

Nevertheless, welcome to the new JJ.
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 02-04-2022 at 12:17 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Salcedo a temp DP for accounting and MLS rules BS reasons. Could be bought down whenever but right now it saves us some GAM so might as well hold that off until Insigne comes in July and save a half season's worth of that buydown GAM.
    Exactly right.

I wonder though, why did Bob Bradley bob and weave and then punt when asked this directly at the recent presser? What is the harm in being transparent about this? We can do the math anyway. But all the prevaricating has a sort of slimy feel to it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brooker View Post
    Hahaha.

My only memory of him really is scoring against the Galaxy in a monsoon. I have never been so miserable at a game as I was that day.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sidvan View Post
    You wonder how it will feel to be booed by the home fans game in and game out? Have they forgiven Jozy and MB4 yet?
    As soon as he steps on the pitch in their uniform, that will stop in Mass.

Everywhere else - doubtful. There's a whole lot of people scared by not making the WC that year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Regarding our JJ.

Wish I had noted it when I read it, apologies, can't re-find it.

Came across some followers of Górnik Zabrze suggesting great player but be prepared...

JJ does go quiet at times in games but then has that moment of brilliance.

I guess @ striker. Sounds a little familiar? Exit Jozy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Roster Evaluation (4-3-3 Assumed)

Tier 1 - Sorted
    Strikers: JJ and Akinola are excellent. Perruzza has potential.

Tier 2 - Almost
    Wingers: Shaff is the only winger currently okay to start. Insigne only comes in the summer. We need another quality winger.
    Centreback: Salcedo could be excellent. Mavinga has major question marks. O’Neil serviceable, while MacNaughton will be Zavaleta quality.
    Midfield: Poz and Oso will carry this midfield. Bradley will hamper it. I hope Priso can play Bradley off the pitch this year. Not enough quality depth without Delgado.

Tier 3 - No Absolutely Not
    Fullback: Auro can start, I guess? No quality fullbacks after Auro (assuming Kemar leaving). Major problem area.
    Keeper: Atrocious after last year. Bono obviously, Westberg surprisingly.
    This is a nicely objective assessment. Not exactly encouraging, but well grounded in reality. So what you're saying is, there's still a lot of work to do on this roster? I'm afraid you're right about that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    So we still have space for a DP striker with two of the three DPs off the books.
    we have three DP's - Poz, Insingne,Solcedo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gogon View Post
    Exactly right.

I wonder though, why did Bob Bradley bob and weave and then punt when asked this directly at the recent presser? What is the harm in being transparent about this? We can do the math anyway. But all the prevaricating has a sort of slimy feel to it.
    Perhaps providing some cover in case TFC doesn't bring in a 3rd "true" DP? If they say Salcedo can be brought down to TAM it creates the expectation that the team brings in a high end DP. If we can't bring anyone in for whatever reason (maybe the right player just isn't available, we decide to wait until after Insigne settles in, etc.) and Salcedo remains as our 3rd DP for the season, we can still say we used all our DP spots. Maybe we end up using GAM to trade for someone instead of using that GAM on Salcedo.