Page 162 of 191 FirstFirst ... 62112152158159160161162163164165166172 ... LastLast
Results 4,831 to 4,860 of 5705
  1. #4831
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    116
    Posts
    21,607
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I will miss the BMO field announcement of

    Jo zy Al tidore

  2. #4832
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    5,662
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    We play New England at home in August. Will be interesting to see the crowd reaction.
    I'll be loud. "jo - ooooo- oooooo- zy". legend.

    I wonder where he has been training? has to have been training

  3. #4833
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    8,056
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    I'll be loud. "jo - ooooo- oooooo- zy". legend.

    I wonder where he has been training? has to have been training
    Same.

  4. #4834
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    5,662
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    I will miss the BMO field announcement of

    Jo zy Al tidore
    Well put.

  5. #4835
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,885
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    So again, if true. Today we have 2DPs and does anyone know what our payroll looks like. I think we have money to spend.

  6. #4836
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    629
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    He would accept way less than tam to be with arena...this new england is fighting for titles and if theres one coach in the league who can bring the best out of players who are in all types of stages and situations in their career its him...wouldnt be surprised if he becomes a very strong player for them and it comes back to bite...specially that they are in the eastern conference

  7. #4837
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    116
    Posts
    21,607
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    If Arena was smart, he'd bring him on as a second half sub in that game

    I think in that case, he gets a standing o.

  8. #4838
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    7,766
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    So Arena picked up Omar & Jozy for multiple years on turf.

    Ooooooooooooooffff

  9. #4839
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    1,477
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    So again, if true. Today we have 2DPs and does anyone know what our payroll looks like. I think we have money to spend.
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/1f2SI...letype=msexcel
    Something like $4M in space still available, without including Jesus Jimenez. We may want to roll over some of the Richie GAM to next season

  10. #4840
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    16,605
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    So Arena picked up Omar & Jozy for multiple years on turf.

    Ooooooooooooooffff
    He told Gonzalez when he signed he was a backup (I still think he's lost way too much, and had shortcomings all along, to make that sensible). I imagine he's told Jozy he's behind Buksa and Bou as a supersub. Neither of the are going to see more than 30 mins a game, normally.

    But... I think they train on that shit, too. Better have a greeeeat physio.

  11. #4841
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    16,605
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/1f2SI...letype=msexcel
    Something like $4M in space still available, without including Jesus Jimenez. We may want to roll over some of the Richie GAM to next season
    So we still have space for a DP striker with two of the three DPs off the books.

  12. #4842
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    1,477
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    So we still have space for a DP striker with two of the three DPs off the books.
    Yep plenty of room. If Salcedo switches to TAM, that burns some of that space, but we still have a lot of room to maneuver

  13. #4843
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    987
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    This would be the most ideal... Best 11:

    #1 Insgine (DP)
    #2 RW (DP)
    #3 Pozuelo(DP)
    #4 Salcedo
    #5 Striker - Jiminez/Giovinco (1 only)
    #6 Osorio
    #7 defensive midfielder
    #8 Mavinga
    #9 Left back
    #10 Auro Jr.
    #11 Westberg


    Bench: Bradley, O'Niel, Priso, Akinola, Peruzza, Shaff, McNaughton, Achara etc.

    I'm ok with Bradley and Shaff being regulars in squad rotation but they shouldn't be in our best 11 imo.

  14. #4844
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Northwest Territories (Section 226)
    Posts
    8,312
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Anyways, the thought of Jozy playing on turf week in and week out just makes me squeemish - he ain't gonna make it to August.
    They'll save him as a supersub in away games on grass.

    I've heard that BMO Field has a pretty decent playing surface...

  15. #4845
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    734
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Doesn't it really depend on how much they sign him for? Giovinco says it's not about money (this time). If he's signed to a low enough one year deal with a one year club option like DeRo was when DeRo came back (another nostalgia signing) there won't be that much down side. I don't think we'll need to drop someone like Pozuelo to get him.

    Now bringing back DeRo was a really important righting of wrongs that signalled to the players that the team was under new (more ethical) management but it's also possible that there are important psychological benefits to having an eager Giovinco in the locker room. The team kept Ashtone Morgan for years mainly for locker room psychology, he barely ever played. Maybe Giovinco will play a similar role beyond fan nostalgia.

    Now if they hurt the team by overpaying Giovinco or playing him when they shouldn't this won't apply, but Bradley is a seasoned manager who gets more decisions right than wrong. Listening to Bradley, I read it differently than MikeForbes, he didn't seem too quick to commit to signing Giovinco, it was more like wait and see how he is once he shakes off some of the rust and if they can work out the right deal.
    I was not inferring releasing anyone. I was referring more to the fact that someone will have to give up playing time for him. Seba is historically quiet coming off the bench (I will concede that wonder goal vs NYRB in 2015) so by default he would need to start in order to get into the game. By that margin, who do we sit? That was the question I was asking, or at least attempting to

  16. #4846
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    734
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamAM View Post

    Also, if I had to watch Tajon crossing balls in to Jozy for him to put away I'd probably cry myself to sleep so glad that's not a thing
    I just had a shiver run down my spine reading that.

  17. #4847
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Taiwan
    Posts
    5,672
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Wow. I never thought we'd be able to unload his contract. This offseason has been incredible.

  18. #4848
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    5,633
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    A guy goes to bed early and misses some big news. Jozy's buyout makes sense to be announced tonight as part of a Friday news dump.

  19. #4849
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    8,056
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blindside16 View Post
    I just had a shiver run down my spine reading that.
    Thankfully Tajon’s gone.

  20. #4850
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    F5
    Posts
    15,245
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    He told Gonzalez when he signed he was a backup (I still think he's lost way too much, and had shortcomings all along, to make that sensible). I imagine he's told Jozy he's behind Buksa and Bou as a supersub. Neither of the are going to see more than 30 mins a game, normally.

    But... I think they train on that shit, too. Better have a greeeeat physio.
    It’s potentially a low-risk, high reward move. Worst case these signings won’t hamstring the Revs anymore than Gallardo and Zavs did TFC. Which is to say, if could be a thorn in their side if they don’t create the necessary depth and starters are injured. But if everyone’s healthy it won’t mean much.

  21. #4851
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    17,137
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    It’s potentially a low-risk, high reward move. Worst case these signings won’t hamstring the Revs anymore than Gallardo and Zavs did TFC. Which is to say, if could be a thorn in their side if they don’t create the necessary depth and starters are injured. But if everyone’s healthy it won’t mean much.
    Yeah this is it.

    I mean Jimenez is going to cost us what, $3-4M all in? I like that move, same as most here, but there is risk in that, who among us had ever heard of Jesus Jimenez a month ago, or really knows what to make of his career?

    If Jozy costs say, $2M all in ( I am making all these numbers up, just trying to illustrate a thought process)… and you are Bruce Arena and you know Jozy incredibly well, and you get somewhat comfortable on the medical stuff…
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

  22. #4852
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    North York ON
    Posts
    1,047
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    At the right price and with the expectation of being a super sub that could be a really astute signing for the revs. I'm just happy it's all over with, mostly, and hope he's received well here on his return

  23. #4853
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Location
    FOOTBALLISLIFE
    Posts
    3,328
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hmmm... back to natural grass for Jozy?

    Eventually?

    https://boston.cbslocal.com/2021/09/...orld-cup-2026/

  24. #4854
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    5,633
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    A little interesting exchange between Cristian Tello and Carlos Salcedo on Instagram. Might of been lost in translation, but Carlos said he awaits Cristian soon.

  25. #4855
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    903
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    A little interesting exchange between Cristian Tello and Carlos Salcedo on Instagram. Might of been lost in translation, but Carlos said he awaits Cristian soon.
    So we're just gonna build a team filled with Spaniards and Italians.

  26. #4856
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    1,477
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    A little interesting exchange between Cristian Tello and Carlos Salcedo on Instagram. Might of been lost in translation, but Carlos said he awaits Cristian soon.
    Tello and Salcedo overlapped in Fiorentina. So could be that they just want to catchup soon. But Tello has been a long time target for TFC! Let’s make it happen

  27. #4857
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,885
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Yeah this is it.

    I mean Jimenez is going to cost us what, $3-4M all in? I like that move, same as most here, but there is risk in that, who among us had ever heard of Jesus Jimenez a month ago, or really knows what to make of his career?

    If Jozy costs say, $2M all in ( I am making all these numbers up, just trying to illustrate a thought process)… and you are Bruce Arena and you know Jozy incredibly well, and you get somewhat comfortable on the medical stuff…
    Do we have any spies in Austin with Rollerblades? Should see Osorio, Lawerence and hopefully Jimenez?

  28. #4858
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    903
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Was watching some Insigne highlights like we all should, and one of his highlights with the National team felt almost literally like that NDL screamer that took us to the 2019 WC - standing defenders and a curling shot that beats the GK. That's against a Belgian backline.

    Imagine this against MLS defenders.

  29. #4859
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    434
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    So we still have space for a DP striker with two of the three DPs off the books.
    Poz, Insigne and Salcedo?

  30. #4860
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Location
    FOOTBALLISLIFE
    Posts
    3,328
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    Tello and Salcedo overlapped in Fiorentina. So could be that they just want to catchup soon. But Tello has been a long time target for TFC! Let’s make it happen
    I like the idea of it... but another left-sider... but has played right-winger... but then Insigne and JJ would be competing for their jobs.

    All in good fun, why not? If The Price Is Right. But I suspect too expensive. Although don't we have historical connects with Real Betis? And his contract is up?

    An interesting candidate since, in reality, I prefer roster construction with depth versatility-redundancy options.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •