Page 156 of 191 FirstFirst ... 56106146152153154155156157158159160166 ... LastLast
Results 4,651 to 4,680 of 5705
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What I've noticed from the couple video compilations I've seen, Jimenez likes to make the early through run. Luckily for us, TFC probably have MLS' best player at spotting those.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eric G. is teasing something on Twitter. Likely the Salcedo announcement is coming down the pipe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will Forbes was the first to have this btw
    Last edited by portu; 01-31-2022 at 04:53 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The actual release says nothing about Soteldo. Interesting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    The actual release says nothing about Soteldo. Interesting.
    There's a following tweet about the transfer. All that's left is to see what that contract looks like.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The announcement was pretty terse. Don't think Soteldo was liked.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    True.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honestly, with Jesus Jimenez imminent I'm not feeling a huge sense of dread (please ignore our GK situation). Our roster makeup now that we're actually here is a blend of big money and youth and you know what? I'm OK with that.

------------------------------------------GK---------------------------------------

Auro Jr. ------------ Salcedo -------------------------Mavinga---------Lawrence

-------------Priso/Okello-------------------------------Osorio/Bradley------------

---THE SHAFF----------------------Pozuelo-------------------------Insigne-------

--------------------------------Jimenez/Akinola------------------------------------

It's obvious there's more work to be done but I'll be damned if that isn't a lineup that can at least learn into being an MLS cup contender even without Insigne.
    Last edited by Yuushalinsky; 01-31-2022 at 05:44 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Or was he just the first to be indexed in Google News? I say that because there is no Will Forbes. The dude has been thoroughly debunked as a made-up persona of a college kid in Tennessee. So it's rather hard to know if he's actually got sources somehow or is just reading it in Spanish from a Mexican outlet.

Either way, good player.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yuushalinsky View Post
    Honestly, with Jesus Jimenez imminent I'm not feeling a huge sense of dread (please ignore our GK situation). Our roster makeup now that we're actually here is a blend of big money and youth and you know what? I'm OK with that.

------------------------------------------GK---------------------------------------

Auro Jr. ------------ Salcedo -------------------------Mavinga---------Lawrence

-------------Priso/Okello-------------------------------Osorio/Bradley------------

---THE SHAFF----------------------Pozuelo-------------------------Insigne-------

--------------------------------Jimenez/Akinola------------------------------------

It's obvious there's more work to be done but I'll be damned if that isn't a lineup that can at least learn into being an MLS cup contender even without Insigne.
    Someone pointed out that Shane O'Neill started two-thirds of Seattle's games last year at CB. We might be planning a three-man backline, or a rotation.

I suspect Bradley and Osorio will be starting next to each other, not alternating spots.

Is Lawrence still with us and was he just away from Int'l duty? There was a report/suggestion/rumor last week that he was on the way out.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Someone pointed out that Shane O'Neill started two-thirds of Seattle's games last year at CB. We might be planning a three-man backline, or a rotation.

I suspect Bradley and Osorio will be starting next to each other, not alternating spots.

Is Lawrence still with us and was he just away from Int'l duty? There was a report/suggestion/rumor last week that he was on the way out.
    So something like a 3-4-3 or some 5-3-2 frankenstein with really aggressive wingbacks? That would make sense too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Or was he just the first to be indexed in Google News? I say that because there is no Will Forbes. The dude has been thoroughly debunked as a made-up persona of a college kid in Tennessee. So it's rather hard to know if he's actually got sources somehow or is just reading it in Spanish from a Mexican outlet.

Either way, good player.
    Yeah yeah, either way the Twitter account “@TransfersMLS” had it first

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah yeah, either way the Twitter account “@TransfersMLS” had it first
    There was very interesting post some where in this thread about how a report based on rumour ended up on the Chelsea website. These rumour mill accounts are just that, they do not have inside sources etc, they speculate on things totally from banter. People also I think at times get blinded by whom the person writes, reports for too. Just because you are Sky, BBC does not make you credible, you have to prove yourself. As some have mentioned , even with a guy like Romano, he is more connected in some areas than others ie Italy vs. England.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    There was very interesting post some where in this thread about how a report based on rumour ended up on the Chelsea website. These rumour mill accounts are just that, they do not have inside sources etc, they speculate on things totally from banter. People also I think at times get blinded by whom the person writes, reports for too. Just because you are Sky, BBC does not make you credible, you have to prove yourself. As some have mentioned , even with a guy like Romano, he is more connected in some areas than others ie Italy vs. England.
    very precise speculation...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

very precise speculation...
    I'm curious to see what happens with Belotti. That's one of the few potential moves where you have people (e.g., Michael Singh) saying it won't happen and TransfersMLS saying it will. All the other moves have generally had consensus that they were going to happen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So something like a 3-4-3 or some 5-3-2 frankenstein with really aggressive wingbacks? That would make sense too.
    I wonder if Bradley also slides back into a CB role sometimes. It could let us shift between a 5-3-2 and 4-4-2 depending on how the game is going. I know Bradley hasn't always looked the best as a CB, but he's usually been thrown into that role out of necessity rather than going through training to work on it. Maybe if he has a full training camp to get used to playing more and look a bit better in that role.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Finally I won't have to see all those "Da o 10 para o Soteldo" and "Soteldinho" and "Volta para Santos" comments on Instagram.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    Finally I won't have to see all those "Da o 10 para o Soteldo" and "Soteldinho" and "Volta para Santos" comments on Instagram.
    For a guy who averaged five goals a season in his time at Santos, he sure is overrated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Of course this is meant to endear the fanbase to him but seeing the "+Pozuelo" and reading some Poz'z comments this week along with his apparent eagerness to train and sharing of TFC media he's in, I really don't get the sense he is on the move as we had maybe speculated.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Poz is my guy and I actually do think he wants to re sign with TFC past this year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RealG-TFC View Post
    Of course this is meant to endear the fanbase to him but seeing the "+Pozuelo" and reading some Poz'z comments this week along with his apparent eagerness to train and sharing of TFC media he's in, I really don't get the sense he is on the move as we had maybe speculated.

I say Pozuelo stays this year. Next year is the big question, I think.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ No Jozy in that tweet. *eyes emoji*
    Last edited by Bobo; 01-31-2022 at 07:03 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At least TFC tried to fake it by posting a Thank you Soteldo post.

Soteldo just changed his instagram to player for Tigres and changed his profile picture. Not even acknowledging the transfer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In tangentially related roster news, Arsenal loaned a midfielder named Tim Akinola out yesterday to Dundee United.

Cousin? Maybe Akinola is like 'Smith' in Nigeria.

Ayo's interesting on the name front. Though his legal name is Ayomide Bamideli Akinola, his given name at birth was "Grant."

More fully "Grant-Jesus-Sultan Akinola Ogundimu". I assume his parents westernized it slightly to account for him being born in Detroit then later changed it to a Nigerian Christian name.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://www.futboltotal.com.mx/futbo...fc/2022/01/amp

According to this source, Salcedo is 1.2 Mil/yr - if this number is his cap hit, this is fantastic news as he can be bought down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://www.futboltotal.com.mx/futbo...fc/2022/01/amp

According to this source, Salcedo is 1.2 Mil/yr - if this number is his cap hit, this is fantastic news as he can be bought down.
    The wording there is awkward. It first says he'll be the highest paid defender in MLS and make at least $1.2M. The previous highest paid defender was Tim Parker who was on $1.2M. The Athletic reported that from their understanding we won't be able to buy down Salcedo. We'll just have to wait a few months until the MLSPA drops their salary guide or see if we end up adding another DP once Jozy is gone.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    The wording there is awkward. It first says he'll be the highest paid defender in MLS and make at least $1.2M. The previous highest paid defender was Tim Parker who was on $1.2M. The Athletic reported that from their understanding we won't be able to buy down Salcedo. We'll just have to wait a few months until the MLSPA drops their salary guide or see if we end up adding another DP once Jozy is gone.
    Buff said he was and Doyle messed around with the capology to see a world where, if it's 2.2M, he can be bought down in 2nd half.

However, I simply agree, we need that contract number.