Page 148 of 191 FirstFirst ... 4898138144145146147148149150151152158 ... LastLast
Results 4,411 to 4,440 of 5705
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC is all about kids or over the hill geezers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Look! A prime aged player!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dichio is going west to join a former WBA teammate named Mark Briggs, who is the manager at Sacramento. They were together 2001-2003.

I am always interested to pull up the backgrounds of the people involved in moves, it's amazing how often relationships play a big part in these things.

I hope Danny's family situation isn’t too unsettled. This part of the business is rough.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope Manning and Seba can reach an agreement on a mutually amicable contract.

As jloome aptly stated, even though he has lost a step, I think he can still be an impact player in MLS if he is utilized properly.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    I hope Manning and Seba can reach an agreement on a mutually amicable contract.

As jloome aptly stated, even though he has lost a step, I think he can still be an impact player in MLS if he is utilized properly.
    I think it will all come down to Giovinco's greed vs. his acceptance of reality. I think the ball is mostly in his court on this one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    I think it will all come down to Giovinco's greed vs. his acceptance of reality. I think the ball is mostly in his court on this one.
    Seba's ego is part of what made him sooo good here. Unfortunately, his ego seems to be his downfall if he can't accept a sub million dollar salary at 35 and see that his skills have diminished.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could they possibly sign Seba to a half-season contract to be an Insigne positional placeholder in BBs system until he arrives in July?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, well, well, well. This will make what happens with Jozy even more interesting now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RealG-TFC View Post
    With Endoh gone Seba makes sense if he accepts that sort of role.
    Never thought i was see this post....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We cannot keep wasting non-dollar assets like we did with the MLS Superdraft pick.

If we have to use our existing Allocation Order pick, which is valuable, on this, it is a terrible idea, regardless of Seba's salary. High allocation order picks can be traded for valuable things, or of course used on a pretty high quality returning player. Miami paid up to get Yedlin.

(It's not like I don't get how this could make sense. If we can trade a bag of balls for somebody's low ranked pick because Seba will slide through unclaimed... that's maybe different)
    Last edited by ensco; 01-27-2022 at 02:42 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    We cannot keep wasting non-dollar assets like we did with the MLS Superdraft pick.

If we have to use our existing Allocation Order pick, which is valuable, on this, it is a terrible idea, regardless of Seba's salary. High allocation order picks can be traded for valuable things, or of course used on a pretty high quality returning player. Miami paid up to get Yedlin.

(It's not like I don't get how this could make sense. If we can trade a bag of balls for somebody's low ranked pick because Seba will slide through unclaimed... that's maybe different)
    Sign him for a couple Mil to the Next Pro team. Release him. Re-sign him for less.

Next Pro should be exempt of allocation order and it would at least make MLS HQ scramble to change the rules.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why is allocation order nonsense still a thing in 2022? Add that to the list idiotic rules. Stop babysitting, and get the training wheels off already.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Won't we need the allocation spot for Salcedo?

Edit: Just looked and I don't see Salcedo on the list.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Won't we need the allocation spot for Salcedo?

Edit: Just looked and I don't see Salcedo on the list.
    Weird, that. He should qualify, as he's a former MLS player returning to the league. They may have a provision like their "dibs" provision -- which allows for ANY player to be ranked by allocation order if a team challenges a deal.

In the opposite, if no other team is interested and the ranking team doesn't want to trade or give up its place at the top of the order, perhaps they waive it.

But the truth is the rules are so nebulous that it's difficult to say.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Why is allocation order nonsense still a thing in 2022? Add that to the list idiotic rules. Stop babysitting, and get the training wheels off already.
    It keeps MLS teams from bidding wars against each other. For a league wanting to control costs it makes sense.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post

Please state what you think is better than Seba given our allocation spot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yuushalinsky View Post
    Allocation money to get a player who isn't 35 and a relic of a time we need to always remember, but move on from.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    The answer to this, and every single 'why is this so complicated' rule in MLS, is the same - wage suppression

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Allocation money to get a player who isn't 35 and a relic of a time we need to always remember, but move on from.
    Please continue. Who would you like to acquire?

Allocation money is still just that, funny money. Please actually choose a player instead of some vague concept.

Why is this a even a thing? Y'all need to learn to complete your thoughts instead of just assuming people will get exactly what you mean. A better center back? another midfielder? Anything, give me ANYTHING that's feasible.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I obviously don't know exactly who could come soon through this system, none of us do until it happens.

But these high picks are very valuable.

We have the number 2 spot now. I would take something similar to what Miami gave up for the number 1 spot (the 21 year old Venezuelan CB that started 26 games for them last year, whose transfermarkt value is $1.65M, plus the number 9 spot) instead of Seba.
    https://www.transfermarkt.us/christi...spieler/463667

For that matter, I would rather have Yedlin.

That help?
    Last edited by ensco; 01-27-2022 at 06:31 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please continue. Who would you like to acquire?

Allocation money is still just that, funny money. Please actually choose a player instead of some vague concept.

Why is this a even a thing? Y'all need to learn to complete your thoughts instead of just assuming people will get exactly what you mean. A better center back? another midfielder? Anything, give me ANYTHING that's feasible.
    I would like to acquire the Portugese leftback Mata. 500k allocation money would surely help pay the transfer fee to his club in Poland.

Why do you (this is also for anyone to respond to) want to spend the allocation spot on Giovinco? Not trying to be snarky or anything here, I would just like to start this discourse. What does 35 year old Seba bring to this team that we really need?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dead ball specialities and butts in the seats? Over 600 likes in 15 minutes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RealG-TFC View Post
    Dead ball specialities and butts in the seats? Over 600 likes in 15 minutes

It is pretty obvious they are signing him. The little roster error this morning and this is just to create hype. But we did just spend a metric shit ton of money on Lorenzo Insigne who is gonna be taking every free kick he is on the field for and should put a few butts in the seats.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The allocation list is published on the MLS site. The vast majority of those players are not going to be signed by an MLS side in 2022. There might 2-3 allocation order transactions all year. You could hold on to it hoping to cash in but there is a likelyhood you don't get a chance to do so.

I'm pretty meh on Seba signing btw.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also want to note that while I am not a fan of signing the shell of Seba, sports is about making people feel good. So, if signing Giovinco is something that makes you feel good, enjoy it. Have fun with it. I promise not to rag on about it if he signs and isn't very good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am on board as long as it's more akin to DeRo in 2014, a feel-good return to retire as a Red. His comments in The Star article were alarming and I am surprised he's even there, but maybe he grounded his expectations. Poz is our #10; maybe he can take Yefe's number.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is absolutely no way Toronto would post this on their Instagram and not sign him. The deal is done folks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, where exactly does Giovinco fit? He always struggled as a 9. Pozuelo plays the position Seba filled here. Does Pozuelo shift to the right side? Will either do any defensive work at all?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    It keeps MLS teams from bidding wars against each other. For a league wanting to control costs it makes sense.
    Having a clear and transparent wage/transfer budget is the #1 way to control costs, let the teams operate freely within those constraints. Other teams shouldn't be subsidized for our acquisitions and the work involved in attracting players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since we seem to be doing this low cost kids and pricey Italians thing we might as well bring back Gio. Having Seba in the squad may help Insigne, Destro, Criscito settle into the team and city, might be a good use of an asset that way.