Page 144 of 191 FirstFirst ... 4494134140141142143144145146147148154 ... LastLast
Results 4,291 to 4,320 of 5705
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Totally grabbed fromt the MLS subreddit but this would be huge:

https://www.patreon.com/posts/exclus...aign=postshare

According to information obtained by IMFC Radio, MLS is about to change the rule for international players in Canada.
    As of the 2022 season, a player who has played a full season with a Canadian team will no longer have to occupy an international spot the following season.
    Interestingly further down the article they make mention of Rudy Camacho, probably more in regards to returning to Montreal, but he has been sharing IG stories with the CN Tower very deliberately in the background.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RealG-TFC View Post

Interestingly further down the article they make mention of Rudy Camacho, probably more in regards to returning to Montreal, but he has been sharing IG stories with the CN Tower very deliberately in the background.
    Wow!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Criscito to TFC looks like it's happening.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can see bob Bradley switch between a 4-3-3 and a 3-5-2 depending on the opponent

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Criscito to TFC looks like it's happening.

Unless it's a very funky front loaded deal I am not overly enamoured with giving a 35 year old a 3 year contract.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Unless it's a very funky front loaded deal I am not overly enamoured with giving a 35 year old a 3 year contract.
    There is also a lot of misreporting on MLS contracts. Remember how Insigne was supposed to be 5 years, and it turned out to be 4 1/2 +1/2. Likely this would be a move now, with 2+1, euros don't get the MLS idea of "club options".

I don't see him moving for 1+1+1.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder (hope?) it's a 1.5 year deal with a 1 year option. That would probably be more reasonable.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post

Bob Bradley's interview with Grant Wahl. I'm giving it a listen, will let you know if there's anything noteworthy.
    Thanks for sharing this, pretty interesting,

Looks like Bob has learned from Michael that the correct local pronunciation of Toronto is "Trono," while Wahl like most Americans painfully pronounces each letter "ToronTOE."
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoodson View Post
    I can see bob Bradley switch between a 4-3-3 and a 3-5-2 depending on the opponent
    The 3-5-2 probably makes the most sense with all the CBs we are bringing in.

Salcedo-Criscito-Mavinga

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This one feels more like business than football. I mean, Ibra shows there are guys who can stay in performance shape to their forties. But it ain't the norm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Thanks for sharing this, pretty interesting,

Looks like Bob has learned from Michael that the correct local pronunciation of Toronto is "Trono," while Wahl like most Americans painfully pronounces each letter "ToronTOE."
    Should make Wahl watch Argo, Ben Affleck would teach them

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So.... quite the vertical on this guy. Easton Ongaro, who he's destroying in the air here, is six-six.

Here's the related interview. Sounds like he has the requisite fire.
    https://northerntribune.ca/toronto-f...ton-interview/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Criscito is one of Insigne's best friends. While Criscito is definitely good enough to play and improve our backline, this is more about helping Insigne settle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Criscito is one of Insigne's best friends. While Criscito is definitely good enough to play and improve our backline, this is more about helping Insigne settle.
    I think this is spot on. You want him to be comfortable and happy here. Apparently their families are friends as well and vacation together. This is smart player management.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get the feeling this is the sort of move Bradley will really be judged by - turning a #5 defender into a regular sub. Vanney did that with Hagglund & Zavs in 2017 but nobody else has with TFC ever.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    I get the feeling this is the sort of move Bradley will really be judged by - turning a #5 defender into a regular sub. Vanney did that with Hagglund & Zavs in 2017 but nobody else has with TFC ever.
    Good point. Also, pre Vanney, number 5 defenders were our starters ....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    Our roster now stands at 24.
    We can remove Altidore (buyout), Soteldo (transfer), Lawrence (rumour), Singh (CPL loan rumour) based on anticipated/rumoured moves which drops us to 20

Then add Salcedo and Kobe Franklin, back to 22. Add Insigne and its 23.

So we should still see another 6-8 players added
    Quote Originally Posted by RealG-TFC View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    Wow!
    IIUC...

If accurate, is the timing of this potential MLS rule change/rewrite for CDN teams interesting at all?
    Is this an LAG-esque accommodation for TFC giving the ongoing reboot?
    Is there some sort of meaningful and necessary implication, significance, benefit for TFC?
    If the MLS INTL spots are about 8 per team; we had Auro Jr., Mavinga, Poz and Lawrence? So 4 were left available? Now, all 8 could be available again?
    Lose three with expected arrivals of Solcedo, Insigne and Criscito again; so 5 spots still available? None lost if Camacho is added? Is this right?
    Was this done for the potential or expectation of a max out of INTL imports/signings to TFC?
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 01-25-2022 at 09:16 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Accordo anticipato il 31 dicembre. Anche #Criscito con #Insigne da luglio a #Toronto

Looks like the Criscito deal is done and he'll be here in July.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If true this helps our CB depth a lot. We only need a few more positions left.

1. Defensive mid
    2. Good Attacker either a winger or striker to play up top with Insigne (get rid of Jozy)
    3. LB

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kuku View Post
    Accordo anticipato il 31 dicembre. Anche #Criscito con #Insigne da luglio a #Toronto

Looks like the Criscito deal is done and he'll be here in July.
    Better Recognize! Poppin' the Aces... for The"Conduit"Goodson!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC/Everton View Post
    Pedigree, formation versatile midfielder, added stability re MD/MB, Italian SA connect... old like a few others... me sorta likes?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    IIUC...

If accurate, is the timing of this potential MLS rule change/rewrite for CDN teams interesting at all?
    Is this an LAG-esque accommodation for TFC giving the ongoing reboot?
    Is there some sort of meaningful and necessary implication, significance, benefit for TFC?
    If the MLS INTL spots are about 8 per team; we had Auro Jr., Mavinga, Poz and Lawrence? So 4 were left available? Now, all 8 could be available again?
    Lose three with expected arrivals of Solcedo, Insigne and Criscito again; so 5 spots still available? None lost if Camacho is added? Is this right?
    Was this done for the potential or expectation of a max out of INTL imports/signings to TFC?
    It's not immediately of importance, but it gives effective parity to Canadian teams as US teams can convert their foreign players to domestic by them getting a green card, which takes about a year. Our immigration laws are different so Canadian teams were disadvantaged for getting foreign players (though it may be a moot point for TFC given the desire to develop domestic academy players).
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Toronto FC being linked to all these big names again just makes me happy. Even if these rumors aren't true, Toronto FC has become probably the biggest name MLS team in Europe.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Was a great player in years past - but there has been a decline in his play, especially while at Inter.

As much as I like a player of this recognition coming to TFC, I'd prefer we aimed our targets at guys who haven't fully entered their decline years, even if the name and pedigree is lower than that of the alternative.
    Last edited by jabbronies; 01-26-2022 at 10:43 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    Was a great player in years past - but there has been a decline in his player, especially while at Inter.

As much as I like a player of this recognition coming to TFC, I'd prefer we aimed our targets at guys who haven't fully entered their decline years, even if the name and pedigree is lower than that of the alternative.

Agree, say what you want about MLS, it is a faster (youth), although technically weaker than most/all of the other top 10 leagues. The problem with bringing in potentially slower veterans, their advanced skills and football IQ cannot be showcased because they may need the skilled teammates to hand off to. Just my thoughts, I agree if we are going big, lets try to find both of these attributes in who we target.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just did a refresh review... meh... hard pass... guys only got over twenty NTL & CLUB Cups to his career.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    Agree, say what you want about MLS, it is a faster (youth), although technically weaker than most/all of the other top 10 leagues. The problem with bringing in potentially slower veterans, their advanced skills and football IQ cannot be showcased because they may need the skilled teammates to hand off to. Just my thoughts, I agree if we are going big, lets try to find both of these attributes in who we target.
    Funny, I find MLS really slow. Players aren't slow, but the ball movement is. You can really see the difference when we play teams from Mexico who move the ball so much faster.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Soteldo with far too many cutbacks in these negotiations.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Soteldo with far too many cutbacks in these negotiations.

Anyone else at the point where they just want Soteldo gone?