Page 143 of 191 FirstFirst ... 4393133139140141142143144145146147153 ... LastLast
Results 4,261 to 4,290 of 5705
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^Starting not to believe this rumour as formulated... This is taking too long.

Maybe we will just have to buy Salcedo. The Soteldo part feels like a gordian knot.

I could be wrong.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post

Bob Bradley's interview with Grant Wahl. I'm giving it a listen, will let you know if there's anything noteworthy.
    I absolutely love listening to Bob Bradley. Great interview. Sounds like we are going to make more big signings.

Can't wait to see this team come together.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very interesting to see if Soteldo / Solcedo comes off - Soteld is a far higher valued player, and we are the party that really wants the deal - puts us in a difficult position.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Galaxy hire TFCII coach Mike Munoz to oversee their academy
    https://www.lagalaxy.com/news/la-gal...nd-development

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    ^Starting not to believe this rumour as formulated... This is taking too long.

Maybe we will just have to buy Salcedo. The Soteldo part feels like a gordian knot.

I could be wrong.
    Does feel like it's taking forever. Somethings off; not getting across the finish line.
    Maybe Covid/Delta/Omicron related.... travel, medicals and/or Saceldo possible NMT participations?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    Bob Bradley's interview with Grant Wahl. I'm giving it a listen, will let you know if there's anything noteworthy.
    My main takeaways... paraphrased...

Preparation of basics, fundamentals the foundation; coaching, engagement, player open-mindedness.
    Knows
    about LI (positive) locker room presence.
    Shares some of Mancini's style; (Maybe... possession football...4-3-3 line-up, play transforming @ D to 3-5-2 and @ A to 3-2-5?).
    Freudian slip...SG three qualities, still a clever dribbler, great shooter, great at free kicks, three skills that put up real numbers, payoff?
    Believes in league non-parity, different teams have different roles; as in other world leagues.
    TFC is more a star/DP success team vs a yute development sell-on one; balance may be skewed.
    Roster, an on-going process, nothing certain for now, lots of moving parts, if ands or buts, discussions and decisions...
    Better connectivity to subsidiary teams and academy as well as other regional football groups; Sigma?
    Exploit GTA multicultural diversity. A homegrown talent pool with strength and potential; similar to France.
    Has experience dealing with established footballers as well as youth. Relationships; can coach and manage all.
    MB role may evolve; train for smarter play.
    Believes
    in Pro/Reg.
    Understands Messi is the greatest footballer.
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 01-25-2022 at 07:39 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They seem to be chasing business but seriously struggling to pull deals off. You can say this was an Ali Curtis problem but he’s not here anymore. Manning’s show me the money season, he better get his feet moving.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    They seem to be chasing business but seriously struggling to pull deals off. You can say this was an Ali Curtis problem but he’s not here anymore. Manning’s show me the money season, he better get his feet moving.
    I feel like, given your handle, you might have something insightful to say about Eustaquio to Porto…?
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel like, given your handle, you might have something insightful to say about Eustaquio to Porto…?
    Yeah, it’s a steal that logically we should have been in on, if MB4 wasn’t eating so much salary at the position. Surprised he’s not making a more secure move at this point in his career. He needs game time and often clubs like the big 3 have many players competing for few positions, though I’m not sure what his options really were. He is far beyond Pacos so move was due, though.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, it’s a steal that logically we should have been in on, if MB4 wasn’t eating so much salary at the position. Surprised he’s not making a more secure move at this point in his career. He needs game time and often clubs like the big 3 have many players competing for few positions, though I’m not sure what his options really were. He is far beyond Pacos so move was due, though.
    I was afraid you would say that…

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was afraid you would say that…
    I’ve been trying not to for ages

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From the BBCs Manchester/North West England correspondent.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    My main takeaways... paraphrased...

Preparation of basics, fundamentals the foundation; coaching, engagement, player open-mindedness.
    Knows
    about LI (positive) locker room presence.
    Shares some of Mancini's style; (Maybe... possession football...4-3-3 line-up, play transforming @ D to 3-5-2 and @ A to 3-2-5?).
    Freudian slip...SG three qualities, still a clever dribbler, great shooter, great at free kicks, three skills that put up real numbers, payoff?
    Believes in league non-parity, different teams have different roles; as in other world leagues.
    TFC is more a star/DP success team vs a yute development sell-on one; balance may be skewed.
    Roster, an on-going process, nothing certain for now, lots of moving parts, if ands or buts, discussions and decisions...
    Better connectivity to subsidiary teams and academy as well as other regional football groups; Sigma?
    Exploit GTA multicultural diversity. A homegrown talent pool with strength and potential; similar to France.
    Has experience dealing with established footballers as well as youth. Relationships; can coach and manage all.
    MB role may evolve; train for smarter play.
    Believes
    in Pro/Reg.
    Understands Messi is the greatest footballer.
    Figuring out Sigma and the rest, I hope BB takes this seriously. Good to hear him mention it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One final thought occured to me re: Yedlin - Hull was just purchased by a wealthy Turkish TV broadcaster who will no doubt be familiar with his play in Turkey. They'll likely be looking to splash some cash in the market, and just sacked the manager (less than a year after winning promotion!), so I coild see the price war not favoring MLS sides wanting to bring him in under the DP amount.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As a CMNT fan I want Eustaquio playing in European competitions with a big team. He's a good season away from the legit big time raise and a big time club (though Porto is a great spot). As fun as it would be to see him at TFC, we're not a great fit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PaceyWinger View Post
    As a CMNT fan I want Eustaquio playing in European competitions with a big team. He's a good season away from the legit big time raise and a big time club (though Porto is a great spot). As fun as it would be to see him at TFC, we're not a great fit.
    As a CMNT I want him playing. Moves to Porto/Benfica/Sporting look good on paper because they produce so much talent, but part of producing that talent lies in strong competition. Ideally, he starts for Porto, but if not I’d rather him run our midfield for CMNT sake.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As a CMNT I want him playing. Moves to Porto/Benfica/Sporting look good on paper because they produce so much talent, but part of producing that talent lies in strong competition. Ideally, he starts for Porto, but if not I’d rather him run our midfield for CMNT sake.
    Agreed 100% on the playing time. If he's struggling to make the side then its a horrible move. I just think he's ready for the challlenge and before long he will start. Of course there will be more competition than at Paços but I don't see a massive obstacle for him at Porto. Good players in the midfield but I really rate Eustaquio.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://today.in-24.com/sport/News/335596.html

Not sure what to make of this current post/website; credibility.
    Suggests Saceldo is happening.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mcnaughton now official.

I know people are eager for more incoming signings but management is active IMO. Had to sell and trade before we could buy.

As long as Salcedo or a similar CB gets done, we’ll be fine building the team until the summer window when more reinforcements arrive.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It will happen and it shouldn't be a surprise that it's taking time. MLS will have to wrap their heads around swapping a DP for a lower priced player with a DP tag that they know will be bought down at a later time. Also there's the matter of Soteldo's previous transfer fee (and other such nonsense that shouldn't matter) to be ironed out. Plus they have to PR this out so the optics are good for the league.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    It will happen and it shouldn't be a surprise that it's taking time. MLS will have to wrap their heads around swapping a DP for a lower priced player with a DP tag that they know will be bought down at a later time. Also there's the matter of Soteldo's previous transfer fee (and other such nonsense that shouldn't matter) to be ironed out. Plus they have to PR this out so the optics are good for the league.
    I agree. This situation is pretty complicated trying to make things work for MLS rules, and with a side in Tigres who are probably less enthusiastic about jumping through hoops when it could be much simpler. Not to mention they have to get both players to play ball. Lots of moving peices.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Our Zavaleta replacement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It lines up with what Merlo reported last night about Soteldo being in national team camp is slowing things down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Buffery says the 175k transfer fee for MacNaughton is not accurate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Our roster now stands at 24.
    We can remove Altidore (buyout), Soteldo (transfer), Lawrence (rumour), Singh (CPL loan rumour) based on anticipated/rumoured moves which drops us to 20

Then add Salcedo and Kobe Franklin, back to 22. Add Insigne and its 23.

So we should still see another 6-8 players added

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder if we are looking for a Striker as other than Altidore whos most likely to be bought out and Insigne coming in the summer(July) we are mostly relying on fairly young talent, would be good to bring a experienced striker

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can PL officially announces Luke Singh came in on loan to Pacific FC
    https://canpl.ca/article/lukas-macna...-singh-on-loan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Buffery says the 175k transfer fee for MacNaughton is not accurate.
    Thats good for TFC. $175k for a 26 year old always seemed steep to me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    Our roster now stands at 24.
    We can remove Altidore (buyout), Soteldo (transfer), Lawrence (rumour), Singh (CPL loan rumour) based on anticipated/rumoured moves which drops us to 20

Then add Salcedo and Kobe Franklin, back to 22. Add Insigne and its 23.

So we should still see another 6-8 players added
    Looking at rosters last year it wasn't uncommon for MLS clubs to have fewer than 30 players on the first team, so we might not see that many.

Bradley has mentioned TFC II players several times. Along with Franklin, I think midfielder Paul Rothrock might get a look. He seemed quick and opportunistic last year.

I can see us using some of the acquired GAM and TAM for a striker. DC United has just signed one of the best strikers in the Austrian league and has been actively offering Ole Kamara to other teams. But he might want DP money and I have to wonder about his character if they want to get rid of a guy with 19 goals, tied for the lead league.

Also, nine of those 19 were penalties, so perhaps they feel they can get more from the run of play.