Page 126 of 191 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129130136176 ... LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,780 of 5705
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry I think I think I had a slight misunderstanding of the rules (or was overly simplifying my understanding of it) - thanks for sharing that section. That said, if we use GAM on a designated player, they don't stop being a designated player. If the player makes more than $1.6M they HAVE to be a DP and have a budget hit of $612k. So if Salcedo is making more than $1.6M he has to be a DP. If Salcedo starts off as a DP making between $600k and $1.6M we can use GAM/TAM to buy him down to below $600k as a TAM player.

I don't think a player can be on a salary of over $1.8M (for example), be bought down with GAM to $1.6M and then bought down with TAM to $600k.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most fun off season spec thread EVAH!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Most fun off season spec thread EVAH!!!!
    Debating allocation money and MLS salary cap rules really gets me excited

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have we announced ANY coaches yet?

Edit - took a look.

Only 1 mentionned & it says "enters his eight season"

WILL NOBODY RID US OF THIS TROUBLING GOALKEEPER COACH!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last week it came out that Bradley hired one of his former assistants to join us here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are confused on the allocation money rules which is normal with all the rules in place...I wont keep going back and forth as this is not the place

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Have we announced ANY coaches yet?

Edit - took a look.

Only 1 mentionned & it says "enters his eight season"

WILL NOBODY RID US OF THIS TROUBLING GOALKEEPER COACH!!!!
    I am looking to see if Zak Abdel follows Bob to the Reds. Think if it was happening it would have already but who knows. Zak has been everywhere with Bob. Bob holds him in such high regard.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Amir. View Post
    You are confused on the allocation money rules which is normal with all the rules in place...I wont keep going back and forth as this is not the place
    Last message on this and then I'm done...

https://theathletic.com/1625458/2020...our-questions/
    The way MLS roster rules work, a player’s annual budget hit is determined by the transfer fee (divided by the number of guaranteed years in the contract) plus yearly salary. If that number exceeds the maximum budget charge ($612,500 in 2020) plus $1 million, then he is a designated player.

1) If a player makes more than $1.6M they have to be a DP and therefore have a salary budget charge of $612k. You can buy that down with GAM below $612k.

2) If a player makes between $612K and $1.6M they can be a DP OR a team can use TAM/GAM to buy it down below $612k.

3) If a player makes below $612K you can apply GAM to buy down their salary.

I hope Salcedo falls in that second bucket so that he can be a DP until Insigne arrives and then the team can apply TAM/GAM to buy him down below the maximum budget charge.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What would be the point of buying down Salcedo when Insigne arrives. Why wouldn't they just do it at the beginning of the season? It's not like GAM/TAM is real money, it's basically just an MLS accounting term that offsets cap hits. If he has to be bought down, they have to use the T/GAM anyways. Just apply it at the beginning of the season. If we only buy him down midseason, it's not like we'd get any use out of the T/GAM, it'd just be there waiting for Salcedo's contract anyways, unless the plan is to get rid of another player to offset it.
    Unless I'm missing something about why it would be beneficial to do it midseason.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post

The way MLS roster rules work, a player’s annual budget hit is determined by the transfer fee (divided by the number of guaranteed years in the contract) plus yearly salary. If that number exceeds the maximum budget charge ($612,500 in 2020) plus $1 million, then he is a designated player.

1) If a player makes more than $1.6M they have to be a DP and therefore have a salary budget charge of $612k. You can buy that down with GAM below $612k.

2) If a player makes between $612K and $1.6M they can be a DP OR a team can use TAM/GAM to buy it down below $612k.

I hope Salcedo falls in that second bucket so that he can be a DP until Insigne arrives and then the team can apply TAM/GAM to buy him down below the maximum budget charge.
    This leads into what was going to be my next point. If Salcedo makes 1.6m (a decent raise for him I believe) and Soteldo going the other way IS the transfer fee then this will work out great. The rumor about money coming back adds to this possibility i.e. no transfer fee.

Also it just occurred to me but does receiving money work the same way as paying a transfer fee when? If they pay Salcedo 1.6 million salary but pay a transfer fee equal to 500k that’s a 2.1m salary budget number. If they pay Salcedo 1.6 but receive him plus 500k does that make the salary budget 1.1m? Basically the Soteldo swap adds a layer of uncertainty. Guess we’ll see

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This league has the dumbest financial rules in the world.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok - so if the transfer fee is $2,000,000, that means his amortized transfer fee would be $667,000 (3 years) or $500,000 (4 years). Meaning his salary would have to be about $950,000 - $1,100,000 for him to be bought down as a TAM player.

I have a bad feeling about this signing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC/Everton View Post
    Ok - so if the transfer fee is $2,000,000, that means his amortized transfer fee would be $667,000 (3 years) or $500,000 (4 years). Meaning his salary would have to be about $950,000 - $1,100,000 for him to be bought down as a TAM player.

You are having a rough season….

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC/Everton View Post

Earlier (like page 70) in this thread I had a discussion about transfer fees - in the budget rules there's one spot where it says typically the transfer fee is averaged over the life of the contract and another section that says it can be incurred in a single year. So who really knows.

There's also been mixed news on if we're paying a transfer fee or if Tigres is paying a fee for Soteldo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    You are having a rough season….
    Everton? Ya man, disaster.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So first regular season game is in under 6 weeks...any update on training camp?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KGH View Post
    going to California tomorrow

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    torontofc.ca
    Toronto FC sign Jordan Perruzza to a new deal
    This is the year of Peruzza, just watch!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah the roster is still a mess

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Based on some other team's releasing their pre-season schedules already, ours looks like: (three of these on google if you search toronto fc)
    https://www.mlssoccer.com/news/2022-...le-and-results

January 29 vs LA Galaxy (in Carson, Calif)
    February 12 vs Chicago (in Austin, TX)
    February 16 vs Houston (in Austin, TX)
    February 19 vs Sporting KC (in Austin, TX)
    Last edited by rydermike; 01-18-2022 at 08:56 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We were maybe the worst team in MLS in 2021. Money alone can’t fix it. In fact, the desire to have money to spend caused us to move a major asset (the high draft pick).

I think the fact that we will have unaddressed roster issues at the end of January was kind of predictable.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    This is the year of Peruzza, just watch!
    He's graduated from a summer to whole year? Awesome.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    We were maybe the worst team in MLS in 2021. Money alone can’t fix it. In fact, the desire to have money to spend caused us to move a major asset (the high draft pick).

I think the fact that we will have unaddressed roster issues at the end of January was kind of predictable.
    It’s a fair point. I wonder whether some of the long standing players have the motivation to see this through. We’ve gone bottom to top before and then round trip back to where we started. Is that interesting to someone who has done that before with this team or would they rather take on another project?

I’m concerned Manning is anchoring to the existing core a little too much. Although, I would concede changing too many parts at once also has its pitfalls.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I went through the remaining MLS free agents to see who could be a realistic target for TFC on defense. I think that's the area where MLS free agents could realistically contribute best for us.

Saad Abdul Salaam https://www.transfermarkt.us/saad-ab.../0?saison=2020
    - Bounced around MLS the past few years, played 18 games at RB for Columbus last year with 7 starts.
    - Earned $130k last year

Waylon Francis https://www.transfermarkt.us/waylon-.../0?saison=2020
    - MLS vet who has played for Columbus and Seattle, played 23 games at LB for Columbus last year with 13 starts
    - Earned $230k last year
    - Would take an international slot

Maynor Figueroa https://www.transfermarkt.us/maynor-.../0?saison=2020
    - 38 year old captain of the Honduras national team. Played in the PL for a while. Played 14 games at CB last year for Houston with 9 starts
    - Earned $157k last year
    - Do we really want to make our team older?

Oniel Fisher https://www.transfermarkt.us/oniel-f.../0?saison=2020
    -30 year old Jamaican international. Played 12 games at RB last year with the Galaxy, with 5 starts
    - Earned $148k last year
    - Consistent/semi regular starter with Jamaica

Ashtone Morgan https://www.transfermarkt.us/ashtone.../0?saison=2020
    - 30 year old, we know him well. Played 8 games at LB, with 4 starts
    - Earned $132k last year

Donny Toia https://www.transfermarkt.us/donny-t.../0?saison=2020
    - 30 year old America, played 19 games for RSL last year at LB with 14 starts
    - Earned $205k last year
    - I think he should be a target for the club. MLS vet who has been a very consistent starter over the years.

And that's it... Honestly not a lot of strong targets out there in MLS free agency. Donny Toia is interesting. Ashtone Morgan would be a good option. Maybe Maynor Figueroa. The pickings are slim.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CEO of MLSE is leaving... Wonder if that will have any implications for future DP signings. I'd figure not, since Larry is still around to push things forward.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I remember Abdul Salaam was pretty good at SKC. He’s completely fallen off the radar since and looks to be having a Raheem Edwards-esque career. Maybe one to consider if he’s not a head case.

But the list is entirely reasonable and I think includes the type of players we should be adding. Unless we have a free international spot? That might provide more upside in terms of potential performance.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CEO of MLSE is leaving... Wonder if that will have any implications for future DP signings. I'd figure not, since Larry is still around to push things forward.
    He's been pretty much AWOL since he got the gig anyway so I'm sure this isn't too groundshaking or anything to the MLSE structure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Liam Fraser moves to the 2nd division in Belgium. Good luck to him, hope he gets a lot of game time.