Page 125 of 191 FirstFirst ... 2575115121122123124125126127128129135175 ... LastLast
Results 3,721 to 3,750 of 5705
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Soteldo once stripped a player of the ball 35 yards from our goal, ran another 40, beat 5 guys and slipped a perfect ball through to Dwyer who couldn’t even manage a shot on net. I’m not sure what exactly people wanted from Soteldo. The team was a complete disaster in terms of quality and especially effort. He was the best player on this team in both categories last year by quite a wide margin. If you want to say good player didn’t work move on, that’s one thing, but anyone saying he lacked quality or effort I just don’t know what to say.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I feel like we are missing something. I get that Salcedo is on an expiring, but I just don’t get how he is valued below Soteldo.

There is a bit of a Soteldo love in happening here, but he has glaring issues in his game. He doesn’t track back, and he can be muscled of the ball. Plus the passing wasn't elite (mentioned above).

The caliber of play in Mexico is higher than in Brazil. I like Soteldo, but Tigres, man, that is a high bar. I have too much respect for Tigres to just accept the deal as reported (so far).. unless somehow the Salcedo market is broken, for reasons we don’t understand.
    salcedo- 28 years old, contract expiring in 11 months, made it clear they won't renew, no sell on value.

soteldo - 24, long term contract, big market for him especially as market recovers post covid.

soteldo will excel in a good team like tigres, he's a very very good player.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe this deal isn't as close as we had been led to believe.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Maybe this deal isn't as close as we had been led to believe.

so much conflicting reporting on this deal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apparently Tigres have rejected the offer from TFC. Never a simple process when doing business in the world of football.

https://twitter.com/Soy_Futbol_/stat...61498528759817

Also - we've offered $2,000,000 as a transfer fee for Salcedo? So much for buying him down with TAM. If true, he will be a DP for the next 3 years.

https://www.telediario.mx/club-tigre...-con-directiva
    Last edited by TFC/Everton; 01-17-2022 at 03:22 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC/Everton View Post
    Apparently Tigres have rejected the offer from TFC. Never a simple process when doing business in the world of football.

They’ve honestly had too much time to set-up these deals for us to be entering training camp with a skeleton squad and shittier XI than last year’s. Not impressed. Clearly haven’t managed to carry any momentum after Insigne.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That article says they expect a second offer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is a good example of MLS rules not serving the clubs involved. We should be able to sell Solteldo without having to do the gymnastics with bringing in another DP as part of the same deal.

We’re only worse off for having to tie these two pieces together.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Soteldo once stripped a player of the ball 35 yards from our goal, ran another 40, beat 5 guys and slipped a perfect ball through to Dwyer who couldn’t even manage a shot on net. I’m not sure what exactly people wanted from Soteldo. The team was a complete disaster in terms of quality and especially effort. He was the best player on this team in both categories last year by quite a wide margin. If you want to say good player didn’t work move on, that’s one thing, but anyone saying he lacked quality or effort I just don’t know what to say.
    He was very good at most things. He was also quite bad at some things, like shot selection. His goal-to-shot ratio was truly abysmal, mostly because he tried to force it when it wasn't there. It's one thing to lack confidence in your teammates, it's another thing to ignore them even when they ARE in the box.

He was overconfident in his ability to control a game, he chose shots poorly, he ran into traffic. He looked like a highly skilled-but-young player, which he is.

He'll probably end up playing in a top league and when he doesn't have to shoulder 90% of the team's offense will do very well. But let's also keep in mind that he had the same number of league goals as Jacob Shaffelburg.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC/Everton View Post

Also - we've offered $2,000,000 as a transfer fee for Salcedo? So much for buying him down with TAM. If true, he will be a DP for the next 3 years.

https://www.telediario.mx/club-tigre...-con-directiva
    Singh and Forbes both looking bad

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Why are people upset about Salcedo being a DP? Is he a shit player? not worth it? seriously asking.

I get the sense people don't believe a defensive player should be a DP - however our most successful years were with a Defensive Midfielder as a DP

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    Why are people upset about Salcedo being a DP? Is he a shit player? not worth it? seriously asking.

I get the sense people don't believe a defensive player should be a DP - however our most successful years were with a Defensive Midfielder as a DP
    mainly bc we don't have a DP striker

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    mainly bc we don't have a DP striker
    Or really a proven striker.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Salcedo would be fine on the team, but for a DP spot I'd rather we be spending $5M on that spot rather than say $1.7M. Given how the salary cap rules work, we should be getting the absolute best players possible in there. If we're getting a DP defender, I want them to be a superstar defender (e.g, Alessio Romangnoli).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just think in the MLS structure and as cap league that we should not be spending a DP spot on a CB or any position on the backline.

Is there even another CB in the league that is a DP ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Singh and Forbes both looking bad
    When the truth is hidden and the end result is all that really becomes public very hard to tell what’s going on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil744 View Post
    I just think in the MLS structure and as cap league that we should not be spending a DP spot on a CB or any position on the backline.

Is there even another CB in the league that is a DP ?
    2-3 IIRC but they are all in the buy downable range

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    I think Salcedo would be fine on the team, but for a DP spot I'd rather we be spending $5M on that spot rather than say $1.7M. Given how the salary cap rules work, we should be getting the absolute best players possible in there. If we're getting a DP defender, I want them to be a superstar defender (e.g, Alessio Romangnoli).
    100% agree with what you are saying , thinking we can bring in a couple of DP’s on 1-1.5 million per and save the DP spot on a 5 million number 9, never do I want Salcedo as a DP

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can generally get pretty serviceable CBs from the MLS draft too. Makes it harder to stomach using a DP for that position.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think people are disappointed because we expected more from our DP signings after we broke the bank for Insigne. Two weeks ago, we were linked to a bunch of incredible talents in Europe, and then we sign Salcedo... Sure, he plays for a good Liga MX team and has 50 caps for Mexico, but this is a DP I'd expect Dallas or Houston to sign, not TFC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    You can generally get pretty serviceable CBs from the MLS draft too. Makes it harder to stomach using a DP for that position.
    Or at around $750k-$1mil in TAM.

Conceptually, if we hadn’t handcuffed ourselves with some of these deals, it should be as easy as take the money you earned from Laryea plus other allocation to pay for the transfer, then just slot that player straight onto the books. If they were going to pay Richie nearly a million a year, that math should work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I roll my eyes every time someone quotes sources on twitter. So who's sources? Your's or someone else? That's a nice convenience incase you need to back track.

Anyway most of the people with "sources" just come to these forums and see what's hot.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://twitter.com/Beezersun/status...87531244089351

Buffery: Asked #TFCLive prez Bill Manning on the weekend if he could comment on the reported Yeferson Soteldo-for-Carlos Salcedo swap and his reply was: "Not yet". Sounds like it's close.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

with the laryea sale, a few past trades, missing playoffs, expansion...there might be enough gam to not make him a dp...or could also make another trade for gam to get there

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like Tigres are posturing a bit to extract whatever they can. If you think of Soteldo not as going to Tigres but through Tigres to someone else, as someone did earlier, then the 2 million for Salcedo is just a number that will be set off against the agreed upon value for Soteldo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Amir. View Post
    with the laryea sale, a few past trades, missing playoffs, expansion...there might be enough gam to not make him a dp...or could also make another trade for gam to get there
    We have $2-3M in cap/GAM space left, so lots of space to work. Only challenge could be is Salcedo needs to come in at $1.6M or less in order to allow us to use GAM on him

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ nope the 1.6 or less is for tam

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Amir. View Post
    ^ nope the 1.6 or less is for tam
    You can only apply TAM/GAM to a player if they make 1.6M or less. If they're above 1.6M they have to be a DP and can't be bought down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    You can only apply TAM/GAM to a player if they make 1.6M or less. If they're above 1.6M they have to be a DP and can't be bought down.
    Is the 1.6 salary or salary plus whatever transfer fee they paid?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Buy-Down

Allocation Money can be used to "buy-down" a player's Salary Budget Charge as part of managing a club's roster, including buying down a Salary Budget Charge below the League maximum of $612,500. For example, a club may buy down a player earning $700,000 to a Salary Budget Charge of $500,000 by using $200,000 of General Allocation Money.

General Allocation Money can also be applied in the following circumstances:

• To sign players new to MLS (that is, a player who did not play in MLS during the previous season).
    • To re-sign an existing MLS player.
    • To off-set acquisition costs (loan and transfer fees).
    • In connection with the extension of a player's contract for the second year provided the player was new to MLS in the immediately prior year.
    • To reduce the Salary Budget Charge of a Designated Player to a limit of $150,000.
    • To reduce the Salary Budget Charge of a Player whose Salary Budget Charge exceeds the Maximum Salary Budget Charge to a limit of $150,000.

Use against a Salary Budget Charge

A club cannot use General Allocation Money to reduce more than 50% of a player's Salary Budget Charge. This restriction does not apply where General Allocation Money is being used on a loan or transfer fee; a club may reduce 100% of a loan or transfer fee.