Page 113 of 191 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115116117123163 ... LastLast
Results 3,361 to 3,390 of 5705
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Swapping Soteldo for Salcedo would be tidy business. Really hope this is for real.
    I think this is honestly close to legacy redefining if true - this contract was AWFUL for us and somehow if this works out, Manning will have gotten out of it AND improved the team dramatically.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    He hasn't been in shape or on pace for a few years and that's not changing. He isn't going to move anywhere either because nobody will buy, trade, or swap for him as he is broken down and not worth what we've given him over the past 3 seasons. His only hope to play anywhere is to take a 1 year "show me" contract somewhere need of a forward.

Also, it's not only than he out of game shape and sharpness, he is legit out of shape and that's why he is frequently injured. He Tweeted his wife working out in their fancy home gym in 2020 and it shouldn't be ignored that he came out of that lockdown in terrible shape. He should be kept away from the team as he has shown nothing but unprofessionalism for a couple of years, something BB addressed earlier after becoming our manager, and we don't need any of that around what should be a fresh start.
    He was in scoring form and quick in the 2019 final, so in that sense was a “Jozy” level player. It’s harsh to blame his injuries on his fitness levels before that because there is no evidence whatsoever to support that point of view, and lots to show otherwise. In fact it is more likely that his muscle pulls were the result of over training as he gained muscle and bulked up over time.

In 2020 he wasn’t at the level expected. No question. But it’s also important to note that he had a chronic ankle injury that required surgery in 2021. Ankle injuries can make it difficult to train, certainly to the level required because riding a bike doesn’t get you to soccer professional level running fitness. The automatic assumption that he was lazy is even lazier.

Either way, he needs a training camp if he is going to play somewhere. It could well be that that ankle has reduced his mobility and quickness enough that he retires. We aren’t in a position to know that.
    Last edited by MightyDM; 01-13-2022 at 11:18 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If we can pull off a Soteldo/Salcedo swap, it would be a really good way of managing our salary budget. Acquiring Salcedo would require a transfer fee. If we sell Soteldo we get no additional budget space from his transfer fee. If we do a swap, we avoid any transfer fee for Salcedo, and then Tigres can sell Soteldo to someone in South America.

Maybe this is the new market inefficiency in MLS. Sign a DP, then swap them to another team for a good player thus avoid a transfer fee and the cap hit that comes with it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    He was in scoring form and quick in the 2019 final, so in that sense was a “Jozy” level player. It’s harsh to blame his injuries on his fitness levels before that because there is no evidence whatsoever to support that point of view, and lots to show otherwise. In fact it is more likely that his muscle pulls were the result of over training as he gained muscle and bulked up over time.

In 2020 he wasn’t at the level expected. No question. But it’s also important to note that he had a chronic ankle injury that required surgery in 2021. Ankle injuries can make it difficult to train, certainly to the level required because riding a bike doesn’t get you to soccer professional level running fitness. The automatic assumption that he was lazy is even lazier.

Either way, he needs a training camp if he is going to play somewhere. It could well be that that ankle has rescued his mobility and quickness enough that he retires. We aren’t in a position to know that.
    From Bob Bradley on 1050AM on November 24th:

Bob Bradley doesn’t feel Altidore is putting in the necessary effort in fitness, doesn’t understand why this would be, but will have discussion with Altidore
    It's hard to argue that his lack of fitness doesn't affect his injury status. Earlier in 2017, that Giovinco trainer said he needed to change his workout regimen to prevent these types of muscle strains and pulls and gave him the tools to do it. And he stopped bothering to do it or his body has quit on him and in that case there's no point in him training or anything and he should just retire. If it's the former then it doesn't matter if that trainer is still employed or not. I tore my MCL and was given a routine and I stopped attending physio when it wasn't covered anymore. Didn't mean I just quit all I was shown. I just did it on my own. That's where Jozy's attitude and work ethic come into question and there should be no question on whether he has been doing enough as a DP level player and a team leader.

And Bradley refering to the Jozy situation as "a cloud that lingers" isn't the type of thing any sensible person would allow back into the team. His attitude has caused enough damage already. Let him train at home in his gym. Pretty sure he can afford a trainer.
    Last edited by Ultra & Proud; 01-13-2022 at 11:00 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    Here's one that mentions TFC from yesterday. A few Toronto sources have also mentioned Salcedo, but not sure how much that is related to whatever Will Forbes said or if it's anything original.
    https://www.tudn.com/futbol/carlos-s...dor-franquicia
    Opps! Wasn't clear enough in the thought I was trying to convey... that TFC is not even mentioned and not in contention for the player as of a few days ago by some European reporting and media...

Apparently, no longer the case, fingers and toes crossed. A nice piece of swap business if true.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post

make of this what you will
    Rollins just retweeted a bunch of things he said about how Belotti wasn't coming over the past few months. But he's obviously forgetting that yesterday he said Salcedo was 2/5 coming to Toronto...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very huge if true.

Holy crap if this is true I think Manning already wins Exec of the Year.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TRANSFER JOCKEY BEEF

The Will Forbes vs Michael Singh heat on Belotti is hilarious

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rollins just retweeted a bunch of things he said about how Belotti wasn't coming over the past few months. But he's obviously forgetting that yesterday he said Salcedo was 2/5 coming to Toronto...
    I should go retweet the couple times I said Bob Bradley was gonna be TFC's next manager. I have the same amount of inside knowledge Rollins does.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very huge if true.

Looks like your distant cousin Will Forbes was right again if Singh is now reporting it as well.

Whether it's educated guesses or not he is nailing them first.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If we can pull off a Soteldo/Salcedo swap, it would be a really good way of managing our salary budget. Acquiring Salcedo would require a transfer fee. If we sell Soteldo we get no additional budget space from his transfer fee. If we do a swap, we avoid any transfer fee for Salcedo, and then Tigres can sell Soteldo to someone in South America.

Maybe this is the new market inefficiency in MLS. Sign a DP, then swap them to another team for a good player thus avoid a transfer fee and the cap hit that comes with it.
    Sort of like the Dwyer deal on steroids….

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    Then he will be gone: nowhere to go but down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinamoTFC View Post
    Looks like your distant cousin Will Forbes was right again if Singh is now reporting it as well.

Whether it's educated guesses or not he is nailing them first.
    You never know, he might of developed a legit source in the TFC front office. I could be wrong, but I am pretty sure Salcedo to TFC was the furthest thing from anyone's mind before he mentioned.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From Bob Bradley on 1050AM on November 24th:

It's hard to argue that his lack of fitness doesn't affect his injury status. Earlier in 2017, that Giovinco trainer said he needed to change his workout regimen to prevent these types of muscle strains and pulls and gave him the tools to do it. And he stopped bothering to do it or his body has quit on him and in that case there's no point in him training or anything and he should just retire. If it's the former then it doesn't matter if that trainer is still employed or not. I tore my MCL and was given a routine and I stopped attending physio when it wasn't covered anymore. Didn't mean I just quit all I was shown. I just did it on my own. That's where Jozy's attitude and work ethic come into question and there should be no question on whether he has been doing enough as a DP level player and a team leader.

And Bradley refering to the Jozy situation as "a cloud that lingers" isn't the type of thing any sensible person would allow back into the team. His attitude has caused enough damage already. Let him train at home in his gym. Pretty sure he can afford a trainer.
    We’ll continue to disagree. He’s a legend and his injuries are very unfortunate indeed. And I’m certainly not blaming him for the problems with Armas. Half the Man U dressing room is having the same issue.

Regardless, if he is going to play somewhere he needs a training camp.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You never know, he might of developed a legit source in the TFC front office. I could be wrong, but I am pretty sure Salcedo to TFC was the furthest thing from anyone's mind before he mentioned.
    Forbes doesn’t exist, according to others in this thread.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have followed both of these guys for a while. Forbes misses a lot and Rollins does as well but in this window there is no comparison. Whether it's good guesses and/or luck I have no idea, but Forbes is batting near .1000 and Rollins is pretty far south of the Mendoza line.

I'm not sold on Belotti coming either because he's 28 and has options but the wildcard is money. Some guys want to stay home and play in European competitions or go chase some bucks wherever. I don't know much of Belotti besides watching him play so I have no idea if money talks for him or if he has continental ambitions. For me, this is totally up in the air and I bet it will drag out a long, long time. One thing I bet Forbes is 100% wrong about is his overuse of the word "SOON".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    This would be far more impressive than landing Insigne.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is he a computer program?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We’ll continue to disagree. He’s a legend and his injuries are very unfortunate indeed. And I’m certainly not blaming him for the problems with Armas. Half the Man U dressing room is having the same issue.

Regardless, if he is going to play somewhere he needs a training camp.
    It's not our job to get him ready for wherever he plays next. Nobody is giving us anything for him and he will be bought out so him working out a training regimen for his next team is his problem, not ours.

From what was reported he had problems with Vanney too but Vanney just told the other players to ignore him and leave him to go play on his own. He just didn't push it to the Armas level because it would destabilize the squad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From what was reported he had problems with Vanney too but Vanney just told the other players to ignore him and leave him to go play on his own. He just didn't push it to the Armas level because it would destabilize the squad.
    Link?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is he a computer program?

Supposedly he is a "Catfisher" that has taken over the Moniker of "Will Forbes". He is "just" a "boy" in his Mother's basement that consolidates rumours from round the Football world so that he can be seen as an "Insider".

Fair, I guess. But he has been right on the ball this off season, so maybe this "boy" faked it until he made it and now has legit sources. I would think - if he does have sources - that they are on the Bob Bradley side, as "Will Forbes" is based in the US, and he hadn't got TFC rumours as correct as this off season.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe Singh created the Forbes fake account to create some buzz.. LOL

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Graeme View Post
    Link?
    Not anymore. That was like 1-2 years ago. I had to dig through too much crap to even find Bob's comments on Jozy. It was talked about on here though back then.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by R.O. View Post
    Supposedly he is a "Catfisher" that has taken over the Moniker of "Will Forbes". He is "just" a "boy" in his Mother's basement that consolidates rumours from round the Football world so that he can be seen as an "Insider".

Fair, I guess. But he has been right on the ball this off season, so maybe this "boy" faked it until he made it and now has legit sources. I would think - if he does have sources - that they are on the Bob Bradley side, as "Will Forbes" is based in the US, and he hadn't got TFC rumours as correct as this off season.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    I could honestly care less who he is or what his actual name is. I just like having some actual things to talk about with this club. The last month has been crazy and it isn't slowing down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If we get Salcedo in, that ticks another major item off the list. The only remaining must-have transfer would be at striker, which it looks like we have plans to deal with.

Otherwise, I think there is benefit / flexibly to see who is up for their job and address other positions in the July window. Unsettling the squad too much might not be a benefit.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If anything I feel like his potential source could be from MLS office as he's American and doesn't focus solely on TFC.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I read the thread. He exists but he's ghosting someone else's name. Personally i could care less if he's trying to keep his identify hidden, I just care if he gets it right and so far he's 2/2.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I read the thread. He exists but he's ghosting someone else's name. Personally i could care less if he's trying to keep his identify hidden, I just care if he gets it right and so far he's 2/2.
    It’s tough to tell if this guy has actual sources or is just taking educated guesses about what might happen any portraying that as “inside info”

That’s sort of the question mark.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If anything I feel like his potential source could be from MLS office as he's American and doesn't focus solely on TFC.
    Anyone join the Nottingham Forest facebook group. Someone there posted a video from a kid in the US (I'm assuming US because of the accent) wearing a TFC jersey giving his assessment of Richie. His analysis of Richie was pretty bang on. The guy is clearly very knowledgeable about TFC. Not sure why but his face keeps coming to my mind as you all talk about Will Forbes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Swapping Soteldo for Salcedo would be tidy business. Really hope this is for real.
    It always felt logical that getting rid of Soteldo would involve a swap.

In other news: Will Forbes is looking hella fucking credible