Page 111 of 191 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115121161 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,330 of 5705
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    TAM is going to decrease every year under the new CBA until it's gone As TAM goes down GAM goes up. So eventually it'll be Salary Budget + just GAM. EDIT : This was from the pre COVID new CBA. Dunno if the updated CBA from before MLS is back changes things here.

The discretionary TAM is already gone .
    Would GAM then function like TAM, how would this all work in the future in what manner.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have you accounted for the TAM being used on Bradley, Mavinga and Osorio?
    I made a few updates based on a discussion I had with someone on Twitter, and I noticed an error in my spreadsheet...

- Base GAM (1,625k for 2022 https://kennethrusso.com/mls-salary-...nder-cba-2021/)
    - Richie sale (950k)
    - Dwyer trade (50k)
    - Re-entry trade (75k)
    - Missing playoffs (250k. I've seen other sources that say it's 200k)
    - Expansion year (100k - someone told me this on Twitter)
    - Other CBA stuff (350k - someone told me this on Twitter, less sure about this)
    - TAM ($2,800k)
    Total: $6,200k

Right now I have us using $3,000k in allocation money. You can increase this if you want and we get more base salary cap space, but this is the minimum we need to apply to get cap compliant. For example, right now I have Osorio's cap hit at $612k, but we can apply more AM to him if we want.

After my changes we have $3.7M in allocation/cap space remaining. Less than my previous amount, sorry for the error.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Would GAM then function like TAM, how would this all work in the future in what manner.
    GAM is actually better than TAM. You can only apply TAM to players making more than the max salary, whereas you can apply GAM to any player. But otherwise they work the same.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    The point was that the PA hated TAM as the league introduced it after the 2014 CBA without any input from them and it went mostly to overseas players. After the 2020 CBA it was to be gradually phased out and it was just be GAM with way less restrictions on how it's spent. But then COVID happened and the updated 2021 CBA and I'm not sure where everything is now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...f=true&sd=true
    Here's my salary cap spreadsheet. Any suggestions or changes most welcome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    I made a few updates based on a discussion I had with someone on Twitter, and I noticed an error in my spreadsheet...

- Base GAM (1,625k for 2022 https://kennethrusso.com/mls-salary-...nder-cba-2021/)
    - Richie sale (950k)
    - Dwyer trade (50k)
    - Re-entry trade (75k)
    - Missing playoffs (250k. I've seen other sources that say it's 200k)
    - Expansion year (100k - someone told me this on Twitter)
    - Other CBA stuff (350k - someone told me this on Twitter, less sure about this)
    - TAM ($2,800k)
    Total: $6,200k

Right now I have us using $3,000k in allocation money. You can increase this if you want and we get more base salary cap space, but this is the minimum we need to apply to get cap compliant. For example, right now I have Osorio's cap hit at $612k, but we can apply more AM to him if we want.

After my changes we have $3.7M in allocation/cap space remaining. Less than my previous amount, sorry for the error.
    Good stuff.

The bolded part is the issue with trying to do any projection. Without knowing how much is being used or what their actual budget charge its hard to get a proper picture.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have had the phrase "there is no MLS salary cap, only a salary budget" said to me at least 15 times recently on Twitter by guys who write for or report rumors for MLS. I am assuming they're right about this. Only 'firm' rules are for international roster spots and DP/YDP/U22 spots.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gringo Starr View Post
    I wish MLS would just adopt Uefa Financial Fair play rules and be done with GAM Tam and the rest
    MLS isn't ready for that, and in my non-financial literate opinion, I don't think it's working out for anyone else either.
    I think MLS could move a bit faster; but I wouldn't adopt anything being done in Europe. The North American Franchise model with Spending limitations is the way to go. That's essentially what the Super League clubs wanted - because they are greedy, but also because they can see the writing on the wall.

But this topic is for another thread
    Last edited by jabbronies; 01-12-2022 at 12:18 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good stuff.

The bolded part is the issue with trying to do any projection. Without knowing how much is being used or what their actual budget charge its hard to get a proper picture.
    Right now I have it set up so our salary cap is basically maxed out, but everything is cap compliant (as best I know). If we go to sign another player for say $300k, we can apply $300k in AM to Oso's salary in order to open up salary cap space.

Agreed that it's not a perfect picture, but it gives us a rough idea of how much budget space we have available to us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    I have had the phrase "there is no MLS salary cap, only a salary budget" said to me at least 15 times recently on Twitter by guys who write for or report rumors for MLS. I am assuming they're right about this. Only 'firm' rules are for international roster spots and DP/YDP/U22 spots.
    That's a fair way to put it I guess. It's just semantics though really. Each team has some sort of money to spend and there's a bunch of mechanics you can use to get around it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was going to make this myself so thanks a lot!

Only thing I would add is since they confirmed Insigne will join in July his cap hit would be half ($306,250).

If I had to guess our third DP would also join in July giving us more room on the salary cap.

Based on your figures we actually have enough allocation to pay for Salcedo straight up. Of course it would be a lot to spend $2-3M allocation on one player so I’m not surprised TFC is trying to offset that with a player swap. But I think it’s worth the cost, the transfer fee would only get charged against the budget for this year and we should have some room because of reduced DP costs.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

salcedo would be a statement signing.

just need a DP striker as well and we'll be absolutely rolling.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mowe View Post
    I was going to make this myself so thanks a lot!

Only thing I would add is since they confirmed Insigne will join in July his cap hit would be half ($306,250).

If I had to guess our third DP would also join in July giving us more room on the salary cap.

Based on your figures we actually have enough allocation to pay for Salcedo straight up. Of course it would be a lot to spend $2-3M allocation on one player so I’m not surprised TFC is trying to offset that with a player swap. But I think it’s worth the cost, the transfer fee would only get charged against the budget for this year and we should have some room because of reduced DP costs.
    Good catch - thanks!
    Also for 2023, total available spend on the roster goes up by about 500k. So it makes it a bit easier to fit in some of these players in the future, particularly after we use up the GAM from the transfer of Richie.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will Forbes has been right before. Fingers crossed on this one...

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    It's a technicality. Strictly speaking a cap limits how much YOU can spend. However, since players are paid by the single entity MLS its actually legally a budget set by a corporation (MLS LLC) for its subsidiaries (TFC being one of them). People maybe think they look smart pointing out this difference but in practice it works exactly like a cap. Most people use both terms interchangeably. Use "salary budget" if you want to avoid pedantic discussions, or put "cap" in quotes (I tend to prefer that).

That's a fair way to put it I guess. It's just semantics though really. Each team has some sort of money to spend and there's a bunch of mechanics you can use to get around it.
    Exactly.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 01-12-2022 at 01:58 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That would be fantastic news, if true. Rest of my shopping list would be:

- another fullback who could play either side.
    - probably a LCB
    - Starting Striker
    - backup striker (or Akinola)
    - replacement for Osorio if he leaves

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinamoTFC View Post
    If he gets Salcedo and Belotti right then he’s basically working in our front office because that’s crazy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My long lost family member there definitely has some kind of sources. I just think he gets himself into trouble by putting info out a little too prematurely sometimes.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    My long lost family member there definitely has some kind of sources. I just think he gets himself into trouble by putting info out a little too prematurely sometimes.
    if he gets salcedo right then fair play to him, was first to report insigne as probably coming, and also on salcedo acquisition.

would make me hopeful we could get belotti done too as he's been pretty high on that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks great! Amazing work. Only things I would add is:
    -you're missing Luca Petrasso (signed HG yesterday) so he'd probably take slot 30

Last edited by rydermike; 01-12-2022 at 02:10 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rumour today that Porto is looking to bring in Eustaquio on loan with an option to buy. Only mentioning because his name was tossed out here when Manning made the comment about Canadian national team players.

Never thought it likely he had Eustaquio in mind, he's making waves in Portugal and is likely on to bigger things. Good for him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    Looks great! Amazing work. Only things I would add is:
    -you're missing Luca Petrasso (signed HG yesterday) so he'd probably take slot 30
    Thanks added!

Depending on what Akinola's contract is, he might need to move onto the senior roster and open up another HG spot. Right now I have him at the max for a HG player contract to remain on the supplemental roster.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great stuff, thank you and interesting. One nit: I think incoming transfer fees don't all go to GAM - there is some allocation to the league or something. Also,dont forget about the possibility of special LA Galaxy money or SLAG

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Also,dont forget about the possibility of special LA Galaxy money or SLAG
    Haha very good
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Great stuff, thank you and interesting. One nit: I think incoming transfer fees don't all go to GAM - there is some allocation to the league or something. Also,dont forget about the possibility of special LA Galaxy money or SLAG
    My understanding is we get 95% of transfer fees, up to $1,050k. Assuming it's $1M exactly, we should be getting 950k. But all estimation at this point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://chatnewstoday.ca/2022/01/12/...training-camp/

Pozuelo will be the only DP to join the team for training camp. He posted an Instagram story today that said "Last day". Assuming he leaves Spain shortly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Crazy that camp starts this weekend. This Insigne stuff has made the time fly by.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My understanding is we get 95% of transfer fees, up to $1,050k. Assuming it's $1M exactly, we should be getting 950k. But all estimation at this point.
    Thank you for sharing this careful work.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”