Page 91 of 191 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101141 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,730 of 5705
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tsn still have the rights this season,the new package will be known in the next 3 or 4 mths

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Insigne!! Looks like he will be wearing 24.

I find it interesting the TFC would props to a Euro based journalist and not one of our local guys. But then again the state of the current TFC beat lineup is not what it used to be. Buffery s no where the footy guys Kurt was, he uses others people reporting way too much in my eyes. The Star, once in a blue moon Laura may write something when not on baseball. John with his new website is there , so give him props. The Athletic shut down all its local MLS coverage so Josh's work is greatly reduced. And I guess WTR is some people's cup of tea but not all. Will be interesting to see where this goes, with coverage and all in 2022.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This isn't a "here is our signing to talk with the journos" presser.

Its a "Great signing, we are working on more" presser.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Its SIGNING DAY.......
    FYI... against today's TFC's twitter account posting of Insigne's 'All For One' pronouncement, I noticed, given his dress, that 'technically' Insigne may have signed several days ago; probably between 3-5 days accounting for any filming to posting time lapse.

https://youtu.be/RNszpq5wmL0

https://youtu.be/FQvJ3l9vhSc

https://twitter.com/TorontoFC/status...542896132?s=20

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apparently the earlier in the week was the "signing that we will be officially signing later" signing.

Today was the actual contract & the announcement.

But, yeh, that pretty much looks like the videos from today were done on Tuesday.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 01-08-2022 at 11:46 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And if you want an example of lifestyle of a player in Italy vs Canada, look at the second video.

Insigne getting stalked by a video dude ain't gonna happen here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And if you want an example of lifestyle of a player in Italy vs Canada, look at the second video.

Yes!... stalked in I believe Rome of all places.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just thinking this through. MLS doesn’t have many (if any) threats to score from outside the box this good. If we sign a good target man, the headaches for opposing teams are going to be instantly too much.

Expect to be familiarized with bunkering opposition in 2022.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    I find it interesting the TFC would props to a Euro based journalist and not one of our local guys. But then again the state of the current TFC beat lineup is not what it used to be. Buffery s no where the footy guys Kurt was, he uses others people reporting way too much in my eyes. The Star, once in a blue moon Laura may write something when not on baseball. John with his new website is there , so give him props. The Athletic shut down all its local MLS coverage so Josh's work is greatly reduced. And I guess WTR is some people's cup of tea but not all. Will be interesting to see where this goes, with coverage and all in 2022.
    I have a different take, and completely speculative. If we are really going after another Italian, then keep this guy warm to prime a pump if we need it. None of our Canadian guys are followed over there so the more we look like a player (big club), the better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    I have a different take, and completely speculative. If we are really going after another Italian, then keep this guy warm to prime a pump if we need it. None of our Canadian guys are followed over there so the more we look like a player (big club), the better.
    I think you’re on to something here. TFC going all in on Italy this off-season it seems and it helps to have some media guys there that will do the legwork for you. Can’t blame them as it seems Serie A has been hit particularly hard economically due to Covid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    Romano is also one of the biggest soccer reporters in the world. If the team wants to be known as a big club, being associated with a big name reporter is an easy way to do it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    Romano is also one of the biggest soccer reporters in the world. If the team wants to be known as a big club, being associated with a big name reporter is an easy way to do it.
    This was a pretty impressive transaction by Manning, no doubt made easier by Leiweke’s earlier work, but nonetheless….

You score one of the best players in Italy, still at a reasonable age, with other clubs chasing, using one mega-agent as a broker, and have the press hit every major outlet and make front page news in the Italian sporting papers. Some more local-hype (think big red bus) would be welcomed but completely understand why that’s maybe on the back burner for now given he’s joining in July and COVID makes it complicated.

Let’s see that second DP get done but more importantly some TAM moves and central defenders come in.

But most fun off-season every to date and we’re just getting started

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am so excited for this year, feels like 2015 on steroids, lol. Can’t wait to see how Bradley fixes the back end. Even a solid, but unspectacular defence will look great with Insigne, Poz, and co lighting up the front end!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamp Berg View Post
    I am so excited for this year, feels like 2015 on steroids, lol. Can’t wait to see how Bradley fixes the back end. Even a solid, but unspectacular defence will look great with Insigne, Poz, and co lighting up the front end!
    That’s another thing people dont take into consideration, our attack was pretty poor last year, with all the injuries. Opposition didn’t really worry about us and pressured more. Having a firepower front end automatically keeps opposition more reserved and honest.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was very much in line with what TMZ does, which thankfully even as they moved into sports has not really taken hold in Canada.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i hope we are sort of back to normal by july.30k on a saturday night.magical

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

would be fun to see perruzza going around with insigne looking like his bodyguard and translator

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone have Manning's address to the media from this morning?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now give me Belotti and I will be edging myself until finally releasing in July.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Insigne, Belotti, Salcedo, Criscito is the mantra for the next month. Repeat once an hour until all 4 have signed for the Reds 🔴🔴🔴

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    Does anyone have Manning's address to the media from this morning?
    Wasn't publicly available, but Michael Singh tweeted out the highlights in this twitter thread: https://twitter.com/MichaelSingh94/s...47303733293056

Main things were:
    - Team set out a 5 year plan leading up to the 2026 World Cup, and getting Insigne was a big part of that
    - In the works since September
    - There will be significant roster changes in the next few weeks
    - Some potential signings won't arrive until the summer (Belotti? Criscito?)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the FO dropped the ball here... The biggest signing in franchise history and the press conference was not available to the public in real time?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So when does the next shoe drop, Belotti or any of the other Italian targets?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wasn't publicly available, but Michael Singh tweeted out the highlights in this twitter thread: https://twitter.com/MichaelSingh94/s...47303733293056

Main things were:
    - Team set out a 5 year plan leading up to the 2026 World Cup, and getting Insigne was a big part of that
    Thanks.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would think the WTR's have the audio or if was zoom video, maybe they will post it raw at some point.

Main things were:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perhaps it wasn't available because it was a conference call. Manning tested positive for covid a couple of days ago. He was probably at home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Main things were:
    Thanks noxx

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Besides Belotti, the rumored guy I think I want to bring in the most is Salcedo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, if you want to have fun with social media likes and the such, Criscito has liked almost every one of Toronto FC's posts about Insigne on Insta.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think i am going to buy a #24 Jacob Shaffleburg Collectors Kit