Page 142 of 191 FirstFirst ... 4292132138139140141142143144145146152 ... LastLast
Results 4,231 to 4,260 of 5705
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by benito View Post
    Gigi is looking to finish his career outside of Italy. Let’s sign all the Italians.

https://football-italia.net/rumour-b...rience-abroad/
    Oh no! Now I might have to really worry about my wife?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A really good thread looking at our new CB. If you click there’s a number of highlights of his strengths and weaknesses. I think he’ll shape up to be a solid depth piece for us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ranjitsingh looks like an astute signing. He's former Sigma, led Louisville to a USL championship then did three MLS tours as a backup. Cheap, Canadian, already considered to have MLS-level ability but looking for a chance to win a starting job.

Bono either fixes his ways or cracks completely. Q is probably seen as a defacto starter at 35 but I'm sure they rather wouldn't. He was showing his age last year (albeit still more useful than Bono).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post

A really good thread looking at our new CB. If you click there’s a number of highlights of his strengths and weaknesses. I think he’ll shape up to be a solid depth piece for us.
    This thread projects him to be worse than Zavaleta.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    This thread projects him to be worse than Zavaleta.
    Ouch.

I would put it this way: if he’s Joel Waterman, are we better off or worse off than if we kept Zavaleta? Considering the later has over 170 games of MLS experience, was more expensive, and had his own limitations, I don’t particularly see much downside here.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Ouch.

I would put it this way: if he’s Joel Waterman, are we better off or worse off than if we kept Zavaleta? Considering the later has over 170 games of MLS experience, was more expensive, and had his own limitations, I don’t particularly see much downside here.
    It's taking a shot at a depth piece. There's an unknown here that Zavaleta doesn't have. We've seen the best of Zavaleta and he will be due a raise and I am sure doesn't want to be a 5th CB here. Maybe this works out after he gets some MLS training and acclimatizes or maybe he goes all late 2021 Luke Singh but it's still worth a shot.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Ranjitsingh looks like an astute signing. He's former Sigma, led Louisville to a USL championship then did three MLS tours as a backup. Cheap, Canadian, already considered to have MLS-level ability but looking for a chance to win a starting job.

Bono either fixes his ways or cracks completely. Q is probably seen as a defacto starter at 35 but I'm sure they rather wouldn't. He was showing his age last year (albeit still more useful than Bono).
    I have wondered before if Jozy can be a mutually agreed deal, and Bono is the buyout.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I have wondered before if Jozy can be a mutually agreed deal, and Bono is the buyout.
    I'm sure TFC will keep their options open until the last minute, but isn't Bono in the final year of his contract? There probably arem't enough positives to a buyout vs letting him play out this season. Rebuilding TFC into a contender is probably going to take until next year anyway.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If the Revs do indeed sell Matt Turner to Arsenal then Bob should be trying to get Bruce to pick up Bono as his replacement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It seems to me Ranjitsingh is the replacement for Paterson-Sewell with more upside potential.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by djking2 View Post
    It seems to me Ranjitsingh is the replacement for Paterson-Sewell with more upside potential.
    He's actually Kevin Silva's replacement. Patterson-Sewell hasn't been on the team in 2 years. Last year, he was on a TFCII USL-only contract because he's a TFCII player-coach. Silva was the 3rd stringer in 2020 and 2021

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ranitsingh seems like the future #2 for us more than getting pegged as a potential starter this season. Being able to have a competent number two on a low salary opens up a lot of options for the roster. Ranjitsingh seems like he is deserving of the opportunity. He also was called up to LAFC for one game last year, so Bob at least has some awareness of who he is from that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bob Bradley's interview with Grant Wahl. I'm giving it a listen, will let you know if there's anything noteworthy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Ouch.

His projected stats are better than Zavs and worse. Better in the air. And we need that with Gonzalez and Haggland gone, and possibly Jozy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From the interview with Bob:
    - TFC is going to be a star level team, that's what Bill Manning and the board want. Suggests our DPs will be at that level.
    - As sporting director, Bob wants to do a better job at connecting with the academy. Wasn't able to be close with the academy at LAFC and wants to do that in Toronto.
    - Sees Michael expanding his role. I read this as Michael is not going to play the same way as he had in the past. Michael will continue to be a leader on the team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Jozy is a mutually agreed to buyout, I think we'd still be stuck with whatever the budget hit is for this year. Unless he agrees to get paid like $100k/year for the next 50 years I don't really see how it's more beneficial to use the buyout on Bono. I also think there's a market for Bono in MLS if we package him with like $200k-$300k in GAM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^I don't really understand what happens if Jozy is on another MLS team making say, $1M, so his 612K charge is there on the new team, but we are still paying Jozy something. Do we really both have him on the books for the 612K in that scenario?

What I am remembering, from a long time ago, is when the Galaxy got out from under Juan Pablo Angel's cap charge by doing something like this by moving him to Chivas …. but that was like 3 CBAs ago, and of course, that was the Galaxy. (I am very fuzzy on the details, if I got this wrong, I will gladly admit it)

Also, if Bono only has a year to go, then it's moot, as suggested I though he had two years.
    Last edited by ensco; 01-24-2022 at 01:04 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What I am remembering, from a long time ago, is when the Galaxy got out from under Juan Pablo Angel's cap charge by doing something like this by moving him to Chivas …. but that was like 3 CBAs ago, and of course, that was the Galaxy. (I am very fuzzy on the details, if I got this wrong, I will gladly admit it)
    I don't think it ever came out if LA ended up paying him anything afterward. The main thing about that deal was freeing up a DP slot for Keene.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^I don't really understand what happens if Jozy is on another MLS team making say, $1M, so his 612K charge is there on the new team, but we are still paying Jozy something. Do we really both have him on the books for the 612K in that scenario?
    If I had to guess, this is what’s causing the delay in announcing the buyout. TFC knows Jozy will get picked up by another team for X amount. They are offering him his guaranteed amount remaining minus X. He obviously wants the full amount and any new contract he signs with another team will be a bonus.

There’s nothing in the MLS rules I could find that would address this situation. All it says is you can have one contract buyout in the offseason that eliminates the player’s budget charge. Buyouts during the season do not free up budget space.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    I don't think it ever came out if LA ended up paying him anything afterward. The main thing about that deal was freeing up a DP slot for Keene.
    I remember Goff or Ives (those guys had websites back then that everyone followed, pre twitter) saying that it was an end run on the rules around budget charge, and that league execs were up in arms. But it was a long time ago.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stephen Eustaquio officially loaned to Porto.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    If Jozy is a mutually agreed to buyout, I think we'd still be stuck with whatever the budget hit is for this year. Unless he agrees to get paid like $100k/year for the next 50 years I don't really see how it's more beneficial to use the buyout on Bono. I also think there's a market for Bono in MLS if we package him with like $200k-$300k in GAM.
    Not a lot of wiggle room for contract- break glass, emergency escape- exits in MLS.
    That piece of business with Dwyer seems almost Rhodes Scholar-esque; Lino Di Cuollo?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tin foil hat conspiracy theory: Altidore goes to Tigres, Salcedo goes to Toronto. Some sort of money gets exchanged. Because it’s all wrapped up in one contract it’s hard to know what is a buyout l / salary subsidy and what is a transfer fee. Toronto gets out of using its buyout spot on Alitdore and uses it on another player on the roster.

But that’s probably all a reach.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Insigne named in the Italian training camp roster for the World Cup qualifiers today so not MLS black listed yet

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I remember Goff or Ives (those guys had websites back then that everyone followed, pre twitter) saying that it was an end run on the rules around budget charge, and that league execs were up in arms. But it was a long time ago.
    Yeah I tried googling around to see what the case was with that trade. I feel like early MLS days did anything to accommodate LAG. Plus if you read the CBA (I think the 2015 version) it gives MLS the power to modify salary budget rules at their discretion as long as it means more money to players (or something like that).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Twellman’s got us in on Yedlin? Haven’t seen him play in ages, but been a fan when I did. Still this seems like the lazy scouting of old. Sign an MLS/USMNT known dude because it’s convenient.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Twellman’s got us in on Yedlin? Haven’t seen him play in ages, but been a fan when I did. Still this seems like the lazy scouting of old. Sign an MLS/USMNT known dude because it’s convenient.
    He'd need to go through the allocation list, but we have the 3rd spot. He was released from his club in Turkey so wouldn't require a transfer fee. With the rumour of Kemar being traded, we'd need another RB/LB. Auro can play on the left, so wouldn't be the worst move. Although I have not watched Yedlin at all since he was with Newcastle.

From the Twitter rumours seems like Hull is the most likely destination

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I may not be the GM yet, but I have played one in Football Manager and the one thing I do know is because of MLS roster rules if TFC can pick up actually usefull domestic players you always have to consider it - even when an int'l player might be your top choice for the spot. You only get so many int'l slots for the roster. He's not ancient but I'm not advocating him as a DP.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would assume that Yedlin would command a near dp deal as his price is inflated as he is a USMNT as I find him to be highly overrated..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)