Page 190 of 191 FirstFirst ... 90140180186187188189190191 LastLast
Results 5,671 to 5,700 of 5705
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was expecting that to happen, is a promising young kid. Next up I would expect is Kobe Franklin.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Note: Apparently Destro only makes half a mil euros in salary. He is VERY TAM-able.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://twitter.com/Total_TFC

➕ Canadian teams in MLS can now add up to 3 more international players, in addition to the 8 international slots that all MLS teams get. Players in the extra slots must have been registered with a Canadian MLS club for at least 1 calendar year.

#TFCLive

https://www.sportsnet.ca/article/mls...anadian-teams/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MLS VP Todd Durbin on the new rule:

“The process to acquire permanent residency in Canada requires more time than the equivalent process in the United States. The allowance is necessary to maintain and promote competitive balance throughout our league.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good news. This makes Mavinga and Poz domestics, I believe. Lorenzo Insigne will be as Canadian as it gets next year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This will likely open up the international spots for Destro and Criscito.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The 3 extra international spots for Canadian MLS clubs cannot be traded, unlike the 8 regular international spots. In order to be eligible for the extra spots, the international player must have met the requirements by the roster compliance date (today).

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    This will likely open up the international spots for Destro and Criscito.
    Also makes sense why they were willing to trade one to NY, likely knew they would get these extra ones.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

—Mavinga, Pozuelo, Achara can fill the 3 extra international spots for TFC under this new rule.

—Insigne, Salcedo, Jiménez will fill 3 regular international spots.

—TFC now have 4 regular spots open (after trading 1 spot to RBNY). Room for more international signings.

#TFCLive

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was anything ever officially communicated about Lawrence?

In the All for one ep1 he’s part of the homage to the players that have left. I guess that confirms he’s done but I’m curious about the whole ordeal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stress View Post
    Was anything ever officially communicated about Lawrence?

In the All for one ep1 he’s part of the homage to the players that have left. I guess that confirms he’s done but I’m curious about the whole ordeal.
    Tom Bogert reported earlier today that we're still working on an excit, but nothing close.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So this seems like the consensus current best XI or expected starters:

---------Westberg
    JMR-Salcedo-Mavinga-Shaff
    --Pozuelo-Bradley-Osorio
    --Achara-Jimenez-Nelson

Potential end of season best XI:

---------Westberg?
    JMR?-Salcedo-Mavinga-Criscito?
    ----Pozuelo-Priso?-Osorio
    ---Destro?-Akinola-Insigne

Still tons of questions around that XI even with reinforcements but we'll have some answers by the time they get here. Expectation has to be to just tread water until July and then work our way into the playoffs, preferably up to the top 4. If we can make the playoffs, especially if we get 1 or 2 home games, we should be talented and (presumably if we make it this far) balanced and well-drilled enough to seriously contend for MLS cup

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DavemTFC View Post
    So this seems like the consensus current best XI or expected starters:

---------Westberg
    JMR-Salcedo-Mavinga-Shaff
    --Pozuelo-Bradley-Osorio
    --Achara-Jimenez-Nelson

Potential end of season best XI:

---------Westberg?
    JMR?-Salcedo-Mavinga-Criscito?
    ----Pozuelo-Priso?-Osorio
    ---Destro?-Akinola-Insigne

Still tons of questions around that XI even with reinforcements but we'll have some answers by the time they get here. Expectation has to be to just tread water until July and then work our way into the playoffs, preferably up to the top 4. If we can make the playoffs, especially if we get 1 or 2 home games, we should be talented and (presumably if we make it this far) balanced and well-drilled enough to seriously contend for MLS cup
    I’m thinking it could also be:
    Jimenez-Destro-Insigne.

But Akinola should get plenty of minutes. He’s certainly got the legs for pressing football. I like the possible fluidity of those 4. Akinola learned much from Altidore but he was a winger on the USMNT. I wonder if BB will try him there again? Not sure how he’d do on the right though. Gotta like a choice of those four with Pozuelo behind them and Osorio in the mix. And I’m excited to see how both Nelson and Kerr do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    Yes! 'In the weeds' can = 'advanced metrics', which can = 'abstraction' and then does = the Zzzzzz.
    Still, a totality of perspectives allows for a best informed understanding and decision.
    True enough. The question I asked myself after reading the article was: if BB’s press was so effective, why were they so poor overall? When our press last season was a disaster so were we. It wasn’t difficult to see why.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by los sonadores View Post
    True enough. The question I asked myself after reading the article was: if BB’s press was so effective, why were they so poor overall? When our press last season was a disaster so were we. It wasn’t difficult to see why.
    Yes! You are not wrong. Agree. However, it seems, that is the football BB wants to try to implement.

I think it was somewhat previewed in some of the pre-season games footage available / watched.

Yet, even the author seems to CYA it by offering this caveat at the very end of one of the two articles...

'This preview might be rendered completely useless by Week 3 when Bradley Sr. has decided for slow methodical possession play and no pressing under any circumstances, but either way it looks set to be a lot of fun.'
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 02-26-2022 at 01:27 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ In keeping with this discussion...

The Guardian UK had an article- 25FEB22 incorporating multiple contributors on MLS 2022 Predictions. Several involved TFC.

This one, tongue-in-cheek?, stood out...

One bold prediction …
    A radically-reshaped Toronto fail to gel. Under-fire head coach Bob Bradley declares he has unfinished business in Wales after his brief stint with Swansea and leaves for a gig managing ambitious American/Canadian-owned Wrexham. His son, veteran TFC midfielder Michael Bradley, replaces him as interim boss. TD

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/feb/25/mls-2022-predictions-young-stars-heading-to-europe-and-a-sounders-title-charge

Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 02-26-2022 at 01:53 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    ^ In keeping with this discussion...

The Guardian UK had an article- 25FEB22 incorporating multiple contributors on MLS 2022 Predictions. Several involved TFC.

This one, tongue-in-cheek?, stood out...

One bold prediction …
    A radically-reshaped Toronto fail to gel. Under-fire head coach Bob Bradley declares he has unfinished business in Wales after his brief stint with Swansea and leaves for a gig managing ambitious American/Canadian-owned Wrexham. His son, veteran TFC midfielder Michael Bradley, replaces him as interim boss. TD

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/feb/25/mls-2022-predictions-young-stars-heading-to-europe-and-a-sounders-title-charge

I read that. It’s also the guy who says he’s most excited about Douglas Costa and that New England will win the league with the help of their big signings, Jozy Altidore and Omar Gonzalez.

Dare I call that intellectually questionable…

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Destro is legit coming the Jiminez signing isn't as good for me. With Destro, Akinola and Peruzza they should have used that Jiminez money on a winger but maybe they don't want to play the first half of the season with no proven #9.

Left Winger--------------Striker-----------------Right winger

Insgine--------Destro/Akinola/Peruzza--------- TAM Winger

This would have been the most ideal. Don't like the idea of playing #9's out of position as wingers.

Alternatively don't get Destro and use the money on a DP winger. We need a high quality right winger badly.

Insgine--------Jiminez/Akinola/Peruzza--------- DP Winger
    Last edited by Defoe; 02-26-2022 at 10:28 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It’s weird that Kobi Franklin and Deshaun Walkes have seemingly disappeared? There is no mention of either of them by the media or on the TFC website. Released maybe? I thought that both would be signed by now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamp Berg View Post
    It’s weird that Kobi Franklin and Deshaun Walkes have seemingly disappeared? There is no mention of either of them by the media or on the TFC website. Released maybe? I thought that both would be signed by now.
    Michael Singh tweeted out a week or two ago that TFC offered Franklin a first team contract, but it seems he turned it down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    Michael Singh tweeted out a week or two ago that TFC offered Franklin a first team contract, but it seems he turned it down.
    He just tweeted out Kobe Franklin posting the words "Bet On Yourself" on Instagram. The rest is pure speculation.

Franklin signed a USL1 deal last year. Those deals usually all include option years like MLS contracts. There's probably little chance he's a free agent right now, TFC most likely has his rights
    Last edited by rydermike; 02-26-2022 at 10:36 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he wasnt on the texas roster,but all of a sudden he played in the 2nd half of the houston preseason game.so he must still be on a tfc 2 contract for now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Defoe View Post
    If Destro is legit coming the Jiminez signing isn't as good for me. With Destro, Akinola and Peruzza they should have used that Jiminez money on a winger but maybe they don't want to play the first half of the season with no proven #9.

This would have been the most ideal. Don't like the idea of playing #9's out of position as wingers.

Alternatively don't get Destro and use the money on a DP winger. We need a high quality right winger badly.

Jimenez has only been a striker for the last two years. He usually played on the left or right wing before that as an inside-out winger. Plus the front three are all sort of interchangeable in a 433. They might be planning to use him wide right once Ayo is healthy.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    He just tweeted out Kobe Franklin posting the words "Bet On Yourself" on Instagram. The rest is pure speculation.

Franklin signed a USL1 deal last year. Those deals usually all include option years like MLS contracts. There's probably little chance he's a free agent right now, TFC most likely has his rights
    The thing is TFC II is not is USL League One this year, so they would have had to redo all the contracts as they would have needed to sign them to a MLS Next Pro one. TFC would own his home grown rights for MLS but that would not keep him from looking elsewhere.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Defoe View Post

Yeah, I'd argue Destro is less needed than Jimenez. TFC absolutely need someone right now, and they should be getting JJ's prime years. Plenty of wingers in Italy they could have looked at instead. (Maybe they still are?)

Transfermarkt says JJ only played three games at RW in Poland but 57 at LW, so maybe BB experiments with JJ out wide. Obviously, this assumes, first, Destro signs and, second, he becomes a must-start guy. Long way to go before this becomes a potential problem, but hopefully they aren't trying to rush the Destro signing.
    Last edited by Bobo; 02-26-2022 at 11:46 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    The thing is TFC II is not is USL League One this year, so they would have had to redo all the contracts as they would have needed to sign them to a MLS Next Pro one. TFC would own his home grown rights for MLS but that would not keep him from looking elsewhere.
    is that a fact or are you assume that,he is/was training with the club in texas,i think the club didnt offer him the a 1st team contract yet hence the bet on yourself comment,maybe he didnt impress or they feel he needs another year,i doubt he is a free agent,but who knows with this club and the lack of info

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Assuming Destro (or someone similar) joins, we should have forward depth we've sorely missed the past few years. There were far too many times that we ended up throwing Mullins/Dwyer out there trying to get a goal at the end of the game. Being able to bring on someone like JJ/Destro/Ayo/Perruzza for the last 15 minutes when we need a goal will be great.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    is that a fact or are you assume that,he is/was training with the club in texas,i think the club didnt offer him the a 1st team contract yet hence the bet on yourself comment,maybe he didnt impress or they feel he needs another year,i doubt he is a free agent,but who knows with this club and the lack of info
    Assuming what, TFC II changed leagues as did all the reserve teams minus a few, they are now in MLS Next Pro which has a different contract than USL League One. That is all. What exactly is Kobe's status at this point is unknown.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Only a few hours left of this thread. Could be an all-timer as a transfer thread.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    But are the contracts held by the league or by the club. MLS Next Pro contracts are held by the club I believe. This tweet seems to imply the club had player contract options and exercised despite them switching leagues