Page 123 of 191 FirstFirst ... 2373113119120121122123124125126127133173 ... LastLast
Results 3,661 to 3,690 of 5705
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Though I’m surprised TFC would get money plus a quality player for Soteldo in thinking about it he’s probably very much worth it. We fans, myself anyways, think Soteldo is a bust but in reality the fit was the bust not the player. Too much overlap with Poz and really nobody for him to trust to pass to when Poz wasn’t around.

Personally I make this mistaken occasionally and get upset when our castoffs do so well at other clubs I forget why they failed here. I’m predicting he’s going to thrive in MX as he will have a much better supporting cast and will be able to break down the D and dish.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont know where to put this but we won our first title after GoalMachine finished as tournament champion at League Series 1 Final, lets hope this the first of many for our club both on the field and the video game world

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gracos View Post
    I dont know where to put this but we won our first title after GoalMachine finished as tournament champion at League Series 1 Final, lets hope this the first of many for our club both on the field and the video game world
    Another off topic comment here - eSports players should be drug checked. There are very much performance enhancing drugs for video games that are abused in tournaments like these.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ha ha.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    My comments in red above. I agree we still need that top striker as mentioned. Also need another RB/LB to take Richie's minutes and a 3rd CB. Those two I'd classify more as mid-tier moves rather than big moves.<br>
    A lot of the role players (Mullins/Dwyer/Zav/DeLeon/Gallardo/Endoh) should have their minutes filled by the likes of JMR/Okello/Priso/Nelson/Shaff.
    Plus Dunn and Romeo are gone, off the books so after Jozy and Yef will be 13 players from last year. If all the kids. JMR/Okello/Priso/Nelson/Shaff step up and increase their minutes we could see some kids filling spots 28-30 who never see the field in MLS play. I do not think anyone in this league thinks they are building a team of 30 MLS ready players when assembling and filling out a roster.&nbsp;

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is everyone expecting for Luke Singh, does he have a future or is he a stop gap depth type who likely will not be here in a year or two?

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    What is everyone expecting for Luke Singh, does he have a future or is he a stop gap depth type who likely will not be here in a year or two?
    He probably isn't good enough to be a starter for us in the long term. I hope he gets consistent minutes this season in MLS Next Pro. I think his ceiling is as a 3rd/4th CB for us - which is still quite valuable on a HG contract.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not a lot. #4 on depth chart

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

on one hand, he looked pretty terrible and is already 21 years old.

on the other, he was thrown into a dog's breakfast of a team without a real strategy and given very little guidance from his CB partners.

I think he deserves a look in from Bob and potentially another shot at being 4/5th choice (for now).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    on one hand, he looked pretty terrible and is already 21 years old.

on the other, he was thrown into a dog's breakfast of a team without a real strategy and given very little guidance from his CB partners.

I think he deserves a look in from Bob and potentially another shot at being 4/5th choice (for now).
    I think he had flashes of brilliance, especially with his passing range. Deserves a chance.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    I think he had flashes of brilliance, especially with his passing range. Deserves a chance.
    yeah his passing was solid, but overshadowed imo by glaring weaknesses defensively.

however young players coming into our team last season were being set up to fail, largely.

agree he deserves a chance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Singh was set up to fail last year dumping him into that mess. Nobody was guiding or helping him at all.

He may surprise playing beside Salcedo. I think the CB more than any other position is greatly influenced by a stable partner. Even Mavinga plays better with stable partners. From my limited viewing of Salcedo he seems pretty calm which should help everyone

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Singh definitely deserves another chance. He got robbed of his development time.

2020 was supposed to be his year with TFC2, but TFC2 cancelled their season, so he trained with the first team in practice, but got no game experience.

Then 2021 should've been his TFC2 year, but then we had a rash of injuries, he got emergency signed, then was filling in or sitting on the bench all the time, and only got 7 games at TFC2 (and scored twice, plus once in MLS - better than some of our strikers. )

I feel he definitely needs another shot. He was basically robbed of two years of his proper development (no level available and then thrown into MLS too early). We have TFC2 for a reason and because of circumstances outside of his control, he didn't get to really use it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

21 is a little bit early to be pulling the plug on a CB prospect. Sometimes these guys develop later.

That said, not sure of what to think of Singh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He scored more goals than Dwyer and Mullins combined.
    Give him a chance.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    Singh definitely deserves another chance. He got robbed of his development time.

2020 was supposed to be his year with TFC2, but TFC2 cancelled their season, so he trained with the first team in practice, but got no game experience.

Then 2021 should've been his TFC2 year, but then we had a rash of injuries, he got emergency signed, then was filling in or sitting on the bench all the time, and only got 7 games at TFC2 (and scored twice, plus once in MLS - better than some of our strikers. )

I feel he definitely needs another shot. He was basically robbed of two years of his proper development (no level available and then thrown into MLS too early). We have TFC2 for a reason and because of circumstances outside of his control, he didn't get to really use it
    Luke would have greatly benefited with a loan to say a CPL, USL team in 2020 as many were loaned out when TFC II sat out. Between those on MLS and USL deal, the Reds loaned out 11 players in 2020. I understand he was an unexperienced player at the time, but he would have benefited some going somewhere rather than just training with the first team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Luke would have greatly benefited with a loan to say a CPL, USL team in 2020 as many were loaned out when TFC II sat out. Between those on MLS and USL deal, the Reds loaned out 11 players in 2020. I understand he was an unexperienced player at the time, but he would have benefited some going somewhere rather than just training with the first team.
    I agree, but at that point, he was still an academy player. I can see why it would be hard to arrange a loan for him. He had no pro experience. Loaning him out was easier said than done. All the players TFC2 loaned out had pro experience that could interest teams. First team training was probably the only option. Also, it was the beginning stages of the pandemic (including with travel bans) so loans to other youth teams in Europe were also probably limited.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know, maybe somebody pointed this out early on, I dunno… but Salcedo was at RSL with Manning, so they have a history. His departure from there is a bit of a mystery. He publicly took shots at Garth Lagerwey as part of forcing his way out.

I spent a few minutes hunting around, found these. Salcedo is a bit of a different cat. He kind of reminds me of Jozy, in terms of brashness and personality type.

https://www.sltrib.com/sports/rsl/20...the-world-cup/

https://www.mlssoccer.com/news/stejs...e-been-rsl-mls

https://www.football88.com/stejskal-...edo-saga-more/
    Last edited by ensco; 01-16-2022 at 11:07 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    You know, maybe somebody pointed this out early on, I dunno… but Salcedo was at RSL with Manning, so they have a history. His departure from there is a bit of a mystery. He publicly took shots at Garth Lagerwey as part of forcing his way out.

I spent a few minutes hunting around, found these. Salcedo is a bit of a different cat. He kind of reminds me of Jozy, in terms of brashness and personality type.

https://www.sltrib.com/sports/rsl/20...the-world-cup/

https://www.mlssoccer.com/news/stejs...e-been-rsl-mls

https://www.football88.com/stejskal-...edo-saga-more/
    I think Salcedo is going to be a bit of a fan favourite... as long as he stays healthy.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    I agree, but at that point, he was still an academy player. I can see why it would be hard to arrange a loan for him. He had no pro experience. Loaning him out was easier said than done. All the players TFC2 loaned out had pro experience that could interest teams. First team training was probably the only option. Also, it was the beginning stages of the pandemic (including with travel bans) so loans to other youth teams in Europe were also probably limited.
    Yeah of the 11 who was loaned out in 2020, Nyal Higgins was the only one with prior experience, he went to a 3rd division team in Sweden. Now that is another name I wonder if the Reds still rate. He was taken with the Reds first of two first round picks in 2020, the other was Achara.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah of the 11 who was loaned out in 2020, Nyal Higgins was the only one with prior experience, he went to a 3rd division team in Sweden. Now that is another name I wonder if the Reds still rate. He was taken with the Reds first of two first round picks in 2020, the other was Achara.
    Yeah, Higgins didn't have pro experience either, but he did have multiple years of NCAA, so that probably helped, since there was that track record. Higgins got loaned to the CPL midway through the season, so I'm not sure what to make of that. Was that TFC casting him off? was it viewed as an improvement over USL1? I was unsure then and still unsure now.
    Last edited by rydermike; 01-16-2022 at 11:35 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Webdogg View Post
    Though I’m surprised TFC would get money plus a quality player for Soteldo in thinking about it he’s probably very much worth it. We fans, myself anyways, think Soteldo is a bust but in reality the fit was the bust not the player. Too much overlap with Poz and really nobody for him to trust to pass to when Poz wasn’t around.

Personally I make this mistaken occasionally and get upset when our castoffs do so well at other clubs I forget why they failed here. I’m predicting he’s going to thrive in MX as he will have a much better supporting cast and will be able to break down the D and dish.
    I agree. I don't think he is a bust of a player at all. I just think it didn't work here. He tried to do it all a little too much but maybe because guys were not moving that well around him and he knew the expectations of him coming in was to save us a bit with Jozy and Pozuelo out at the time. Then the league figured out you just send 2-3 guys at him and he will likely cough up the ball after getting crowded out. But when he did do his thing he is good at which is make a few moves just inside the box and give that little chip cross waiting for someone to connect with it....well there was nobody there from TFC almost 100% of the time. I could never figure it out. We knew what he was going to do, he knew what he was going to do....but nobody on TFC was ever making the run to be ready for it. Over and over again.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Webdogg View Post

I agree. I don't think he is a bust of a player at all. I just think it didn't work here. He tried to do it all a little too much but maybe because guys were not moving that well around him and he knew the expectations of him coming in was to save us a bit with Jozy and Pozuelo out at the time. Then the league figured out you just send 2-3 guys at him and he will likely cough up the ball after getting crowded out. But when he did do his thing he is good at which is make a few moves just inside the box and give that little chip cross waiting for someone to connect with it....well there was nobody there from TFC almost 100% of the time. I could never figure it out. We knew what he was going to do, he knew what he was going to do....but nobody on TFC was ever making the run to be ready for it. Over and over again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    It’s pretty hard to judge any particular players performance last year. I find when a team has an especially good or bad season it colours the collective waters and makes it almost impossible to truly judge. Not knowing the locker room situation certainly doesn’t help.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Yeah there is an element of this I totally agree with. He’s a good player, certainly DP worthy (on another team), and would have shown even more if the squad wasn’t a tire-fire last year.

The problem was, Solteldo’s game didn’t mesh with Pozuelo’s at all. And if I am going to choose one of the two I will choose Pozuelo. Solteldo is also very ball dominant and on a team that was historically possession based, it was a terrible fit.

In summary: Ali Curtis sucks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    ^ Yeah there is an element of this I totally agree with. He’s a good player, certainly DP worthy (on another team), and would have shown even more if the squad wasn’t a tire-fire last year.

The problem was, Solteldo’s game didn’t mesh with Pozuelo’s at all. And if I am going to choose one of the two I will choose Pozuelo. Solteldo is also very ball dominant and on a team that was historically possession based, it was a terrible fit.

In summary: Ali Curtis sucks
    1) There is no way Manning wasn't deeply involved with Soteldo.
    2) Given the outcome, this is far from the worst thing Manning/Curtis did. We were able to fix the "mistake" without wasting much of the resources used to acquire Yefe.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't buy the argument Soteldo and Poz couldn't play together, at all. To me they're ideally suited, a ball playing deep lying play maker and a tricky winger are perfect partners. It just didn't mesh, mainly for reasons off field, but the signing wasn't inherently bad - sometimes things just don't work out, that doesn't mean it retroactively becomes a bad decision.

This all also goes to show the value of signing DPs with resale value. It didn't work out and instead of having a contract that's an albatross (Like Jozys is) we have an asset with market valuye we can either recoup some of our investment on or leverage to improve the team (Or both, as we seem to be doing here). Not saying it's the only strategy that works but it has benefits and makes the signing way less risky than others

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    I don't buy the argument Soteldo and Poz couldn't play together, at all. To me they're ideally suited, a ball playing deep lying play maker and a tricky winger are perfect partners.
    This isn’t an accurate description of Solteldo.

He might play on the wing but he’s still a playmaker. He wants the ball. He drops back to midfield to try and pick it up. He wants to thread the final pass, more than attack the net. He wants the play on the field to revolve around him. That’s how he played at Santos and that’s how he tried to play here.

It’s not a good fit for Poz because both players are dropping back to midfield and want the ball. The better parter for Poz is someone like Tajon Buchanan. A winger that attacks the end line and the net and plays more vertically. That way when he looks up to provide the final pass he sees someone storming up the pitch to provide an outlet to. Not the guy who is standing 5 yards from him in midfield cause he wants to do the same thing Poz is doing.