Page 174 of 191 FirstFirst ... 74124164170171172173174175176177178184 ... LastLast
Results 5,191 to 5,220 of 5705
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
    Do TFC have any international spots left? I wonder if the club may use MB's contacts at Roma (if he has any at this point) in an attempt to recruit right-back Davide Santon. His contract expires in June but there's been talk of a contract termination.
    A very interesting lead.
    IMO Manning is in Italy for more than Criscito and/or Destro.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gogon View Post
    Yeah. You can buy down a DP number all the way to $150k. But it's just to fit under the cap. Whether you apply it to a DP or another player, any xAM used below 612,500 on any contract is just a matter of squeezing everyone in under the total salary cap.
    But the difference for a DP its a $612K budget charge where a TAM needs to have $150,000 of cap space. So if say $1.6M signing is a DP it has a different ramifications that if its classified as a TAM signing.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Spanish left back Damia Viader trialling, has come in at the 30 min. Whole sale changes, new lineup:
    This guy’s wiki is remarkable. From La Masia he made the natural transition to Barton College in Great Bend, Kansas (you know, The Barton Cougars!) to Iowa Western Community College (team nickname unpronounceable) to the USL to…

I am already rooting for him
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see that Sporting KC II opened their training camp this week, I wonder when the same will happen with TFC II and their pre-season will begin?

Spanish left back Damia Viader trialling, has come in at the 30 min. Whole sale changes, new lineup:

Kadin Chung
    Shane O’Neill
    Lukas MacNaughton
    Damia Viader
    Luca Petrasso
    Noble Okello
    Ralph Priso
    Kosi Thompson
    Jordan Perruzza
    Ifunanyachi Achara

And 3m later, Austin evens the match, 1-1

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
    Do TFC have any international spots left? I wonder if the club may use MB's contacts at Roma (if he has any at this point) in an attempt to recruit right-back Davide Santon. His contract expires in June but there's been talk of a contract termination.
    Right now we are using 6 of our 7 spots. (Start with 8, traded 1). Once Auro is off the roster we'll be down to 5 of 7. This assumes that Poz and Mavinga must occupy international slots, although based on some of the rumours from a few weeks ago, they may count as domestic.

Criscito + Destro would take us back up to the maximum.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    I see that Sporting KC II opened their training camp this week, I wonder when the same will happen with TFC II and their pre-season will begin?
    Big changes with the jr team this year. New manager, new influx of players.

TFC up 2-1 at halftime. TFC twitter has Jordan Peruzza's third goal in three games on the Twitter feed, good trailing close finish after backing up the Austin defence.

https://twitter.com/TorontoFC?ref_sr...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

EDIT: The year of Peruzza continues...
    Last edited by jloome; 02-09-2022 at 01:34 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    This guy’s wiki is remarkable. From La Masia he made the natural transition to Barton College in Great Bend, Kansas (you know, The Barton Cougars!) to Iowa Western Community College (team nickname unpronounceable) to the USL to…

He played for CE Europa, the tiny Barcelona club, for two seasons before college. They have a really significant history in local football there and have won the Catalonia Cup a few times, including once over Bobby Robson's mighty Barcelona team of the late nineties.

Their basketball team is more successful but the footie team has been around for more than a century.

He had a good scoring and assist record in USL, too, seven goals and six assists in 41 games from left back. Probably has some speed and trickery to his game.

He was USL 1 defender of the year last season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post

I think I see what your doing... another La Masia child prodigy flaming out?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://www.torontofc.ca/news/experi...sting-attacker

This article really speaks to the network that Bob Bradley has.

“The scouting department brought his name up,” he began. “I have a colleague that's now a head coach in Poland, a young coach named Tomasz Kaczmarek. Tomasz was with me in Egypt and then in Norway, and now he's the coach at Lechia Gdańsk.”

“The name came up, we looked at him, we did a lot of checking, not only in terms of his performance on the field, but just behind the scenes, really well respected there. Tomasz told me that he felt that Jesus was one of the best players in the league,” Bradley detailed. “And then when we watched him we really felt that his way of moving, his way of taking certain balls, getting into the box, his mentality on the field, all things that we really loved as we got to know more about him.”
    The scouting department (or Bill Manning on transfermarket) are able to identify players, Bob's network can help identify these players and vet their quality.

I also stumbled upon an interview with Jimenez from last year. A lot to like about him: https://sportsfinding.com/i-never-wo...ampion/105740/

He's a player who wants to challenge himself, and isn't afraid to go out of his comfort zone (i.e., leave Spain). He also likes to play close to teammates, move between the lines, and is mobile.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    But the difference for a DP its a $612K budget charge where a TAM needs to have $150,000 of cap space. So if say $1.6M signing is a DP it has a different ramifications that if its classified as a TAM signing.
    I read an interesting blog post on the website of a law firm that is involved in negotiation player contracts with the league. Their observation was, the complex rules are indeed intended to suppress salaries. Furthermore, they said it isn’t just the supporters who are in the dark over how much TAM and GAM each team has. Teams don’t even know the exact numbers for other teams. Only the league office knows, and they make the exact numbers available to no one. And again, no one (other than the league) knows exactly how each team is becoming cap compliant in their use of GAM and TAM.

Just great. Well with that in mind:

My understanding of the MLS Roster Rule is:

If a player earns a penny more than $1,612,500 they are a DP, full stop. There is no discretion to switch their status.
    If a player earns between $612,500 and $1,612,500 (call it the TAM-range) you can designated them as a DP or a TAM and switch their designation at any time.

Any player earning more than $612,500 must be designated either DP or TAM-range.

So, if you have the DP slot available, it is advantageous to designate a TAM-range player as DP because their budget charge automatically becomes $612,500 without having used and xAM. If the player in TAM-range is designated as TAM, then there is an obligation to use TAM to buy down their budget number to $612,500 (not optional). So, teams who don’t have 3 players earning more than $1,612,500 will designate TAM-range players as DPs in order to save on using xAM.

In the case of any player DP or TAM-range, it is at the clubs discretion to further buy down their budget number below $612,500.
    If the player is a DP, then only GAM can be used to further reduce the budget number, and the lowest it can go is $150,000.
    If the player is a TAM-range, then either GAM or TAM can be used if it’s necessary to get cap compliant.

My head hurts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apparently Liverpool used JMR as a RB when he was on trial there. Gotta think that is where his future is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Apparently Liverpool used JMR as a RB when he was on trial there. Gotta think that is where his future lies.
    Yeah, Harvey Elliott suggested they should sign him. There were a few local blogger and press stories out of Liverpool saying they were impressed by his potential. I don't think they saw him as an Elliott or Davies level player though, who could step into the first team anytime soon. He'd be going there to train with the u23s and play in the Premier League 2.

If they buy him, it will only be because they thought they saw distinct learning. Any junior player that comes with a big price tag attached they have to consider as a possible first teamer within a year or two, at most, or that investment is lost, as any team signing him after is likely to be from Championship or lower and to get him on a post-contract free transfer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, Harvey Elliott suggested they should sign him. There were a few local blogger and press stories out of Liverpool saying they were impressed by his potential. I don't think they saw him as an Elliott or Davies level player though, who could step into the first team anytime soon. He'd be going there to train with the u23s and play in the Premier League 2.

If they buy him, it will only be because they thought they saw distinct learning. Any junior player that comes with a big price tag attached they have to consider as a possible first teamer within a year or two, at most, or that investment is lost, as any team signing him after is likely to be from Championship or lower and to get him on a post-contract free transfer.
    Yeah, I doubt they see him as taking TAA's spot anytime in the near future, but bringing JMR in and loaning him off to a Birmingham City or Swansea (for example) would be a logical next step.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gogon View Post
    I read an interesting blog post on the website of a law firm that is involved in negotiation player contracts with the league. Their observation was, the complex rules are indeed intended to suppress salaries. Furthermore, they said it isn’t just the supporters who are in the dark over how much TAM and GAM each team has. Teams don’t even know the exact numbers for other teams. Only the league office knows, and they make the exact numbers available to no one. And again, no one (other than the league) knows exactly how each team is becoming cap compliant in their use of GAM and TAM.

Just great. Well with that in mind:

My understanding of the MLS Roster Rule is:

If a player earns a penny more than $1,612,500 they are a DP, full stop. There is no discretion to switch their status.
    If a player earns between $612,500 and $1,612,500 (call it the TAM-range) you can designated them as a DP or a TAM and switch their designation at any time.

Any player earning more than $612,500 must be designated either DP or TAM-range.

So, if you have the DP slot available, it is advantageous to designate a TAM-range player as DP because their budget charge automatically becomes $612,500 without having used and xAM. If the player in TAM-range is designated as TAM, then there is an obligation to use TAM to buy down their budget number to $612,500 (not optional). So, teams who don’t have 3 players earning more than $1,612,500 will designate TAM-range players as DPs in order to save on using xAM.

In the case of any player DP or TAM-range, it is at the clubs discretion to further buy down their budget number below $612,500.
    If the player is a DP, then only GAM can be used to further reduce the budget number, and the lowest it can go is $150,000.
    If the player is a TAM-range, then either GAM or TAM can be used if it’s necessary to get cap compliant.

My head hurts.

As well it should! Mine hurts for yours. Well done. Useful and thereby important information. Appreciated contribution.
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 02-09-2022 at 01:57 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    A very interesting lead.
    IMO Manning is in Italy for more than Criscito and/or Destro.
    Belotti and Insigne would look good in red

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, nothing in the world can convince me that Bob is gonna limit Michael's minutes in any meaningful way this season.
    I have full confidence that Bradley Jr will play himself off the starting roster, retiring would be a great option for our fearless leader.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post

...The scouting department (or Bill Manning on transfermarket) are able to identify players, Bob's network can...

...I also stumbled upon an interview with Jimenez from last year...
    So far, smile of the day. Just the ridiculousness of that public statement.
    Everything else please!
    Great article find.
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 02-09-2022 at 02:05 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Andreas Vaikla in for Westberg in the second half.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Andreas Vaikla in for Westberg in the second half.
    No Bono is interesting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No Bono is interesting.
    OMG! Didn't notice. Significance?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could be that they’re looking to get Bono and Westberg minutes against starters for other teams/have them play with the TFC starters. I’d expect Bono to start our next game.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

“I’ve been only a day here with the team, there's been a lot of travel in the last few days, but so far talking with Alejandro he has said great things about the club, the country, the city,” relayed the forward. “He's mentioned that I'm going to be really happy here.”
    So forgive me for thinking this but I really do think Poz is going to stick around for another couple years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yuushalinsky View Post
    So forgive me for thinking this but I really do think Poz is going to stick around for another couple years.
    Really gonna depend on which Poz we get. 2019-2020 Pozuelo and he'll get and deserve a nice extension. If 2021 Poz shows up we'll need to move on. I like the club giving themselves this season to figure it out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hugo Mbongue and Reshaun Walkes

on for Peruzza and Viader.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    I think I see what your doing... another La Masia child prodigy flaming out?
    No I was playing it straight. No Bakero analogy.

I really have zero idea about this kid, I just like the story of the guy who starts out in La Masia, then at age 20 winds up pursuing the dream in deepest Kansas/Iowa... and then turns up here.

Going to have to rewatch Campo de Sueños
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Big changes with the jr team this year. New manager, new influx of players.

TFC up 2-1 at halftime. TFC twitter has Jordan Peruzza's third goal in three games on the Twitter feed, good trailing close finish after backing up the Austin defence.

https://twitter.com/TorontoFC?ref_sr...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

EDIT: The year of Peruzza continues...
    I am liking what I see from Peruzza, he doesn't waste time taking his chances and seems confident in his touch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gringo Starr View Post
    I am liking what I see from Peruzza, he doesn't waste time taking his chances and seems confident in his touch.
    He's a solid finisher and times runs really well. His goal at the end of last season, where he used the last man back to stay onside, was a good example. This one, too. He times the run just late enough that even though a central defender sees him, they just don't have enough time to turn and step up to cover.

2-1 final for the good guys today.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    $575k GAM for the allocation spot. That is a lot

The most consequential result from 2021

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    I'd hazard a guess their transfer net (all time outgoing transfer fees - all time incoming transfer fee) is a lot healthier than ours, even more so if you factored in wages - I doubt it'd even be particularly close if you did that
    Barco has left on a loan deal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Barco has left on a loan deal.
    Even if he goes for free (Which he likely wont, but, they definitely will sell at a big loss), I'd *very* confidently say if you took their total spend on players (wages + fees) and subtracted transfer income and did the same with us their number is way way better than ours