Page 22 of 191 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272122 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems there more interest and excitement on these boards than there has been since they announced Vanney leaving...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    I don’t think Curtis has every faced scrutiny in a major way prior to arriving here. Which is part of why I think he was such a bad fit for this market.

Strikes me as the type of guy who is generally right about the details but misses the bigger picture and otherwise drives people mad by not communicating and being too cagey.

I think about the Lawrence signing and Solteldo. Both good players, both also didn’t address the biggest needs the team had in attack and defence. It’s like he didn’t understand what he was building and was stuck in the weeds.
    Its history now - miss the boards for a couple of hours and its a whole new world! - but thought you are onto something here. All trees, no forest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    FYI, the CBA allows each team to have one player who also serves as in a Professional Development role. They have academy/second team coaching responsibilities and work towards getting their coaching licenses. If MB wants to go down a coaching path, that's a realistic option. www.mlssoccer.com/about/roster-rules-and-regulations
    Really interesting find. Well done.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One thing that struck me today was the talk of people being committed to the team. The other thing that stood out to me was MB saying that he is looking to pass more leadership responsibility onto Oso and Richie and then having them both say they are looking to go to Europe (both deserve the chance). It will be good to have a reset and have a team focussed next year-not having Champs league games will help the process. It seems so many guys had distractions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let us assume Oso and Richie move on to Europe...Who replaces them?

Priso would probably be one... the other?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bob Bradley is a good choice. But the best decision made by Manning here was giving him head coach AND sporting director. To me this sounds like we are back to the 'unofficial' Vanney structure we had of our coach having lots of say on roster decisions. Something Bruce Arena has in NE and they just won the Shield.

This is the right way to make sure our onfield tactics match our roster design and build.

Very happy with the decisions announced today, looking forward to being back at BMO for 2022!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Luanda View Post

Kobe Franklin maybe but I am not sure he is ready for it yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Luanda View Post

We would either need Lawrence to shift back to LB or bring in another fullback. I hope TFC remembers they do still have a U-22 spot they still have not filled which I will maintain should be used on a defender.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so far getting me to calm down after the farce that was Curtis/Armas; Manning gets one more chance if this fails he will need to go, Bob Bradley says the right things now i hope he is able to put the product on the field

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bob Bradley struck all the right notes, and if anyone can figure out how to use Michael as he ages it's Bob.

I love the fact that he (Bib) has watched every TFC game for the past eight years.

Sounds like an honest series of press conferences, certainly by sports standards.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Someone mentioned him playing right back at DC but he hated that and it was a latter-career thing.
    Yes that was partly my point. But I seem to remember Vanney talking about how close he had been with DeLeon before Deleon arrived and how he was not at all a right back. Got the distinct feeling Vanney was the main reason DeLeon was at TFC. And, of course, he got good performances from him. Laryea was another similar acquisition from Vanney. Dwyer and Boyd were highly uniformed signings as to the current state of the each player. No real, um, purchase on those signings. No current reality.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Bob Bradley struck all the right notes, and if anyone can figure out how to use Michael as he ages it's Bob.
    I still think he can do a job here with the right set up and if the team is drilled enough to stick to it's shape. MB can surely still play DM but he can't be put in situations that stretch him anymore because he can't recover and it leads to his sloppy passes and errant runs. I hope to see us return to looking like a well drilled team instead of a Sunday pick up team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still think the Jozy buyout is being called prematurely, unless he’s had a schism with Michael as well and the feedback to Bob is that he’s more trouble than worth. Bob was his coach for the U.S. Nats and called on Jozy constantly. He was his coach when he got two against Spain, IIRC.

So Bob has had a good working relationship with him. Maybe the buyout shit was one last attempt by Ali to stick the knife in.

If he goes, he goes; 36 games in three seasons is not much productivity. But he’s a club legend and if he goes, he deserves a proper sendoff. If he doesn’t, I’m of the belief he still has a six-10 goal season in him. He scored four this year, and he hardly played. If the surgery truly was major and necessary, but skipped for two years, maybe we get 10-20 games this year and some goals, and we let the contract run out.

Either way, it’s a rebuilding year. And I’m not convinced that Soteldo, passionate or not, is not a pain in the ass. He certainly seemed to call out everyone on the field, even when it was his mistake, and he did the same at the national team level, leading to him first sitting for a game, then being suspended, allegedly for ignoring team curfew.

So there seem to be major maturity issues there and, ten assists on a team when no one else got to touch the ball a third as much notwithstanding, he hasn’t led us to anything. Jozy has, and whether he contributes at the rate a DP should or not, that has to be considered.
    Haven’t seen the Bradley presser yet but I agree Jozy has 6-10 goals in him still, more if he can stay healthy (but which, based on the last few seasons, is doubtful). The current contract doesn’t seem feasible if he can only play 1/3 to 1/2 of the matches. Would he take less money to stay longer and play for the club that he is a legend at? Any chances? You’ve have to imagine he’d want to play for Bob.
    Last edited by los sonadores; 11-24-2021 at 09:45 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by los sonadores View Post
    Haven’t seen the Bradley presser yet but I agree Jozy has 6-10 goals in him still, more if he can stay healthy (but which, based on the last few seasons, is doubtful). The current contract doesn’t seem feasible if he can only play 1/3 to 1/2 of the matches. Would be take less money to stay longer and play for the club that he is a legend at? Any chances? You’ve have to imagine he’d want to play for Bob.
    No chance he comes back. You don't refer to a situation with a player still under contract with that black cloud regarding his future that needs to be cleared line. That right there means he is done. Bradley is in his last season, Oso on option, Laryea looking to Europe but are they referred to as clouds that need to be cleared? No.

There's a reason for that term being used in this situation and it's obvious BB has heard about the internal issues from MB and he knows what's up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Per Manning, Jozy buyout rumours false, but BB will evaluate all positions (so not ruling it out either). So yeah, good chance he is gone.
    He’s diluting himself here in the faint hope someone arrives to cover a small portion of the contract and take him off our hands. Never going to happen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bill Manning was supposed to be on TSN1050 however was in a meeting; wondering if their is more changes imminent within our club

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gracos View Post
    Bill Manning was supposed to be on TSN1050 however was in a meeting; wondering if their is more changes imminent within our club
    Hopefully firing all the physio & medical staff + Conway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, some Lorenzo Insigne guy missed his teams Europa League game today. Not saying, just saying.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bob Bradley was on TSN 1050; one of the interesting things he had said during the interview, he doesnt believe Altidore is in the right spot and not taking neccesary steps to be in best shape;will have discussion with Altidore
    Last edited by gracos; 11-24-2021 at 05:01 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bob Bradley was on TSN 1050; one of the interesting things he had said during the interview, he doesnt believe Altidore is in the right spot and not taking neccesary steps to be in best shape;will have discussion with Altidore
    He is gone and it is time. The memories will last forever. Jozy's body will not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bob Bradley was on TSN 1050
    Thanks - can hear it here: https://post.futurimedia.com/chumam/...ten-32578.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    He is gone and it is time. The memories will last forever. Jozy's body will not.
    It sounds that way, for sure. I don’t think you publicly question a player’s commitment to the team if you think there’s any chance he’s coming back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It sounds that way, for sure. I don’t think you publicly question a player’s commitment to the team if you think there’s any chance he’s coming back.
    It definitely does not scream a vote of confidence. Seems pretty safe that Jozy leaves and Poz stays. Soteldo is the wildcard.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At this point it's just the avenue Jozy leaves by that's up for discussion (buyout/loan/trade/sale) and that's why it's going to drag on.

I just want to hear that Omar and Mullins options are declined.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    At this point it's just the avenue Jozy leaves by that's up for discussion (buyout/loan/trade/sale) and that's why it's going to drag on.
    I doubt there's that many options. Either it's an unlikely mutual termination which I doubt because nobody is giving him a better deal or the buy out. Fully expect the buy out.

Maybe getting told he's a loafer by a manager he respects will shake him up. But most likely not.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bob will want all three DPs gone, I wager.

I think he will have negotiated the ability to 100% start over.

He will buyout Jozy and sell Pozo and Yefe for whatever the market will bear.
    Last edited by ensco; 11-24-2021 at 08:11 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get all this Jozy love, and I am a fan, but the fact that he's not even present at the season end interview speaks volumes. Same goes to Jefe.

They're both DPs, the club has invested millions. The least you could do is face the music when things don't go right.

They're not coming back, and I'm ok with that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bradley will take the time to evaluate player situations and talk to them...they arent definitely gone or in...a 2 million+ buyout when the player has a year left on his contract to maybe get another dp who maybe will do better (we've seen many dp failures in the league) doesnt make sense...specially that bradley and altidore have worked together and been successful...so first thing with altidore is to sit down with him and see where his head is and if wants to continue then look at his physical condition and what can be done for him to play as much as possible...and of course a lot of mental work as bradley does

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just started listening to the Manning & BB presser & the first thing I noticed

Journos at the presser (not all)

Don't underestimate what that means for how this team takes in information & deals with the city. And the quality of the journalism.

Random notes as I listen

This is Manning's team

They are VERY much emphasizing that everybody is being looked at

Manning met the attendance question head on also letting out that he knew it wasn't a playoff team after about the first week of August & that was a factor but the biggest one was over 80% of members left their money in for 2022

"You can't win championships when you give up more then 2 goals a game."

25 interviews for 2021 coaches - Bradley wasn't the only target but he was the first choice - two others "I talked to".

5 year plan - they are looking at 2026 to really grow the game

Asked point blank about injuries & what does the team need to do - stopping it there for a bit dog threw up - have to clean up the mess - kinda like BBradley has to do now - challenged them to do better (that's basically a performance review not going good enough) Also said players came in not fit

The culture response is very telling "I don't think we had a culture this year" - some players are definitely on their way out due to that

They couldn't even freaking eat together until today - owch.

Bradley -

Tannenbaum REALLY made an impression on him.

I actually believe him on the city. This is a guy who has been in a lot of different parts of the world - he gets that Toronto is a thing.

"What's our football like" - he has ideas. This team is not going to be winning 1-0 all that much.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 11-24-2021 at 09:08 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did I hear that right.....poz split with his wife?