Page 57 of 191 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167107157 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,710 of 5705
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if all these guys are coming in june.what will we do until then.that is like half a season

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    if all these guys are coming in june.what will we do until then.that is like half a season
    Fair point but I almost like the idea we have some time to setup the team before our big arrivals. Having to fix everything on day 1 would be a tall task

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From what I heard TFC originally offered Insinge 7 million it was shot down and they came back and double it. So it’s 14 million usd

It’s pretty much done… no one in Europe will come close to the original figure, let alone the 14 million

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    I'm posting it as an example of something inaccurate, so that would make sense. Keep up.
    fair. my bad

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoodson View Post
    From what I heard TFC originally offered Insinge 7 million it was shot down and they came back and double it. So it’s 14 million usd

It’s pretty much done… no one in Europe will come close to the original figure, let alone the 14 million
    where have you hear this

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    where have you hear this
    My people…

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

all these numbers lol.all i care about is that he will only count for 650k on the cap.what a day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoodson View Post

Never going to happen. No way MLS teams sanction that big an escalation in salary overnight, and it's not up to TFC, it's up to the league.

He was asking for $5 million from Napoli and they offered $3.5. I would be highly surprised if a guy who was ready to sign for $5M now required $14M, a sum twice the most paid to any MLS player in history.

It just doesn't make any sense. $7M makes sense, especially if it's four years plus image rights.

Edit:
    It also doesn't make sense that all these deals that are "imminent" were first reported in Italy in November if they were all legit. That assumes Manning was rushing in attempted signings BEFORE he's nailed down Bob Bradley .... a guy with extensive connections in French, Scandinavian and African football who has demonstrated he can find top players for bargains.
    Last edited by jloome; 12-28-2021 at 11:01 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Never going to happen. No way MLS teams sanction that big an escalation in salary overnight, and it's not up to TFC, it's up to the league.

He was asking for $5 million from Napoli and they offered $3.5. I would be highly surprised if a guy who was ready to sign for $5M now required $14M, a sum twice the most paid to any MLS player in history.

It just doesn't make any sense. $7M makes sense, especially if it's four years plus image rights.
    edit because there's no point in trying to correct your misinformation and bizarre logic.
    Last edited by leedsandTFC; 12-28-2021 at 11:07 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just a friendly reminder to keep it a bit more civil folks. No point in name calling

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’m not hear to argue or convince anyone… I’m just letting everyone know what I hear

Manning, Bradley and the board want to build a super team. They want to be the first MLS team to win CCL.

The Insinge deal is step 1. Whether the numbers are 10, 14 or whatever. Its close to being done

With respect to the league and doubling the highest salary, I think it’s a shot across the bow to teams like Vancouver, Dallas, SJ, Montreal etc that are doing everything on the cheap

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are no numbers to get right. There have been at least four different figures reported. The latest, the $14M you refer to, came from the same reporter who today tweeted that it will cost $8M to buy out Jozy Altidore.... a player with one guaranteed year left on his deal, worth $3.2M.

So... I'd suggest he needs to get his numbers right.

Now, $14M over TWO years, which is a pretty standard length in MLS (two years plus two option years), makes sense... and equates to the same original $7M that was suggested weeks ago.
    he was offered 3.5 million euros NET by napoli (plus 1.5 mill bonuses), which works out to about 7 million euros total/ year.

are you suggesting that the TFC offer is...less than napoli's?

14 million total (7 mill net) makes sense, whether you'd like to admit it or not.

it's a drop in the bucket for MLSE and it transforms the franchise in the runup to 2026 WC.

what's not being reported is in regards to his wages near the end of his contract. TFC have in the past frontloaded these contracts, would bet that the last year or two is less then the first 3/4.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He was not offered a 'net' contract. No one is offered legal agreements based on post-tax considerations. That's absurd. Many players don't even pay tax in the jurisdiction they play in, because they live in tax havens.

Ensco was right, there's no point trying to have an intelligent discussion with someone who cannot acknowledge basic logic. Blocked.
    he was offered 3.5 net, that's what was reported. deal with facts, not fantasy.

ensco is in no sense right about anyting, dude is in his own looney tunes world.

please try to understand this simple concept:

https://ca.indeed.com/career-advice/...lary/gross-pay
    Last edited by leedsandTFC; 12-28-2021 at 11:22 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With the new tv deal coming down the pipeline… I can see the league opening up the purse strings and agreeing to smash the highest salary… increase the viewership on tv with stars to try and squeeze more money from the networks.

Also this isn’t the NASL I think like 90% of the owners are billionaires and won’t let this go tits up

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the 3.5 net is what Napoli is offering and right now he’s on 5 million net

in Italy unlike in the uk they report salaries as net not gross

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another thing to point out is that 40 % of all the money created in the U.S was created in the last 2 years. The dollar has been devalued an enormous amount and inflation is through the roof. So 10 million today is not near the same worth that 10 million was even 2 years ago. It’s still a lot of money though especially during this recession. Really interested to know the final amount. I think anything at 10 million U.S.D over 4 years is a good deal. 12 U.S.D million over 5 years is a bit absurd to me so I’m hoping that rumour is incorrect.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Silly season INDEED!

So, on a lighter side...when does TFC's camp start?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    he was offered 3.5 net, that's what was reported. deal with facts, not fantasy.

ensco is in no sense right about anyting, dude is in his own looney tunes world.

please try to understand this simple concept:

https://ca.indeed.com/career-advice/...lary/gross-pay
    Leeds, I love ya and the team you support - have been to Elland Road and cheered mightily for the home team (“marching on together”) but don’t discount Ensco. He isn’t always right, but he is more often than not. He’s earned the right to be blunt and direct.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Defoe View Post
    Another thing to point out is that 40 % of all the money created in the U.S was created in the last 2 years. The dollar has been devalued an enormous amount and inflation is through the roof. So 10 million today is not near the same worth that 10 million was even 2 years ago. It’s still a lot of money though especially during this recession. Really interested to know the final amount. I think anything at 10 million U.S.D over 4 years is a good deal. 12 U.S.D million over 5 years is a bit absurd to me so I’m hoping that rumour is incorrect.
    Inflation is not through the roof. Sorry to get sidetracked but it’s simply not the case. Yes, some things are more expensive (oil, housing) but only some, and a year ago oil was at historic lows.

One thing that has not inflated is the salaries of soccer players. It’s the opposite. So many teams have financial problems (ie Barcelona, Real Madrid) that the market for soccer players has improved for teams - ite you can pay less to acquire good players now - so those clubs who do not have financial problems (TFC , Newcastle United) are in a massively advantageous position.
    Last edited by MightyDM; 12-28-2021 at 11:37 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

According to ‘La Gazzetta dello Sport‘ (GdS), in the new season, Serie A’s teams will spend slightly more than €1.1bn for player wages (gross of taxes). This translates into an 18% increase compared to 2017/18 (€955m).
    We calculate that more than one-third of the increase is due to Cristiano Ronaldo alone, who will earn a net salary of €31m at Juventus (€62m gross of taxes, using the same tax rate of GdS).

Ronaldo’s salary wasalways discussed as net in Italy… and so has every other one. I have followed serie a for longer then the MLS existed… the media always reports is as net per year and not weekly or gross like the UK
    Last edited by TheGoodson; 12-28-2021 at 11:40 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It’s getting unnecessarily toxic here. We are all supporters; let’s act that way. Good night.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Again, that's an actual source. An italian website, specializing in Italian employment, making it clear that salaries there are not reported in net.

Someone can choose to believe otherwise but until I see a source, it's just more bullshit. Or a clear indication that they cannot read.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Inflation is not through the roof. Sorry to get sidetracked but it’s simply not the case. Yes, some things are more expensive (oil, housing) but only some, and a year ago oil was at historic lows.

One thing that has not inflated is the salaries of soccer players. It’s the opposite. So many teams have financial problems (ie Barcelona, Real Madrid) that those who do not (TFC , Newcastle United) are in a massively advantageous position.
    My house is up 45 % in 2 years. Housing is the #1 expense most people have. So we are seeing high numbers of inflation it’s just a fact. Currency has been devalued. “Through the roof” can be interpreted in many ways so I should just say very notice worthy dollar devaluation.

Agree we’re seeing it in some areas and not other areas but the cost of goods in many areas is much higher then 2 years ago including housing, groceries etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jloome… I think the misunderstanding is what we are referring to is the way it is reported in the media not to the Italian government
    Last edited by TheGoodson; 12-28-2021 at 11:45 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But fuck it… at the end of the day I hope they sign Insinge at whatever it is… sign a 9 that can bang goals and clean up the back end and let’s go

i can’t wait…

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have we chosen a pub yet so we can talk about players before the game…. Oh when things used to be so simple. Say it ain’t so Joe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://twitter.com/MichaelSingh94/s...248456707?s=20

I wonder if were going to go almost full italian for this team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Obviously the offer from club to player is made in gross

But with the links provided it seems like the salaries are reported in net

With the link below (provided previously in this thread) reporting Insigne at 4.6M net for 2020-21 (lets say 7-7.5M gross), if Napoli has now made a gross offer of 3.5M gross, the player would probably feel disrespected and say dont even talk to me anymore

So again, seems in Italy that offer is in gross but then reported in net

https://www.panorama.it/news/calcio/...erie-a-squadre

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’m only trying to help but I think Italy has unique rules that gives incentives for the Team to pay the tax for the player this the reason everyone in Italy always talks “net” whether it’s clearly stated or not.

I believe reason the salaries are reported in net is because the Teams pay both the salary and tax for the player. They do this because there’s huge savings to the Teams in tax breaks. Here’s one link that mentions the Teams pay the salary and tax

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/en.as.co...58007.amp.html

Most articles discuss this as well when talking about Team wages. Here’s a couple

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.foot...layer-earn/amp

https://soccerment.com/player-salaries-italian-serie-a/

if you want to see more on why the Teams pay the tax for the players search up the Italian Beackham rule where there’s countless articles on why the Teams pay the tax for the players. I don’t understand everything so I won’t link any so I don’t grab the wrong one.

I couldn’t find Napoli roster and wages but I suspect it’s the same case. The Team pays the tax for the player, player gets a higher “net” and the Team gets the tax break so they both win.

just trying to help

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just in case you aren’t interested in the links I gave here’s the key quote taken out of the article. This quote for me means it’s not reporters making a conversion, it’s what the club actually does

“Given that players almost always receive their salaries net of tax, that is the club pays both the salary and the tax, this new regime makes it far cheaper for Italian clubs to bring in foreign players.”