Page 19 of 191 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969119 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Jozy is gone. It makes zero sense to bring him back at this stage of his career. You simply cannot commit a DP spot to someone who only played 25% of the available minutes this year. Ali Curtis is a lot of bad things, but the guy is a corporate stooge until the very end. He isn't about to go out and leak fake news to Fabrizio Romano just to spite him.
    We’re already committed. This is about whether to buy that deal out. And I don’t believe for a second that Ali Curtis wouldn’t leak it prematurely.

Also, if minutes played in the year prior is the standard we’d be buying out Pozuelo. I doubt that’s happening.

The other valid point is that they aren’t going to do it without consulting Bradley, and it seems unlikely a player’s contract would be discussed with someone not Officially hired yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pozuelo saying he would like to play with Jozy and Gio is hilarious

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pozuelo is hilarious, I love all of his answers. Great honesty as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    We’re already committed. This is about whether to buy that deal out. And I don’t believe for a second that Ali Curtis wouldn’t leak it prematurely.

Also, if minutes played in the year prior is the standard we’d be buying out Pozuelo. I doubt that’s happening.

The other valid point is that they aren’t going to do it without consulting Bradley, and it seems unlikely a player’s contract would be discussed with someone not Officially hired yet.
    We can very easily get out from that commitment by using our one allocated buy out.

Pozuelo is a different case because this the first year he has missed a significant part of the team. Jozy at this point of his career is a walking injury.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welp....Pozuelo not a fan of Yefe?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still think the Jozy buyout is being called prematurely, unless he’s had a schism with Michael as well and the feedback to Bob is that he’s more trouble than worth. Bob was his coach for the U.S. Nats and called on Jozy constantly. He was his coach when he got two against Spain, IIRC.

So Bob has had a good working relationship with him. Maybe the buyout shit was one last attempt by Ali to stick the knife in.

If he goes, he goes; 36 games in three seasons is not much productivity. But he’s a club legend and if he goes, he deserves a proper sendoff. If he doesn’t, I’m of the belief he still has a six-10 goal season in him. He scored four this year, and he hardly played. If the surgery truly was major and necessary, but skipped for two years, maybe we get 10-20 games this year and some goals, and we let the contract run out.

Either way, it’s a rebuilding year. And I’m not convinced that Soteldo, passionate or not, is not a pain in the ass. He certainly seemed to call out everyone on the field, even when it was his mistake, and he did the same at the national team level, leading to him first sitting for a game, then being suspended, allegedly for ignoring team curfew.

So there seem to be major maturity issues there and, ten assists on a team when no one else got to touch the ball a third as much notwithstanding, he hasn’t led us to anything. Jozy has, and whether he contributes at the rate a DP should or not, that has to be considered.
    Could they buy Jozy down to a TAM or mutually re-negotiate a contract. Not sure why Jozy would do it (other than ego to Curtis I lasted longer or more importantly he billed Red), but wow what a back up/sometimes starter striker. Get rid of Dwyer, Mullins and even possibly Akinola (i am still not sure of his pedigree yet).

With respect to the Jozy announcement, could have been Insigne agent trying to push the demand for his client(s)
    Last edited by Bushmancan; 11-24-2021 at 11:02 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Michael Bradley opens his presser by saying "Do you know who my father is?!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smokecell View Post
    Yup.... He gave up some Intel there by saying he didn't want to talk about it. He is being shopped around.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smokecell View Post
    "He is over here and I am... Here."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    Also Soteldo, Auro and Gallardo were on a plane this morning according to Instagram. So we won't see them today.
    Those guys became super tight this season. I hope Auro stays but if they see him as an extension of the Soteldo issues he might be gone.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The General is class, say what you want about him aging. This is the type of winner you want in your organization. SO GLAD CURTIS IS GONE…..DING DONG THE WITCH IS DEAD!!!

EDIT - We celebrated Canadian Thanksgiving. TFC TIL he dies

EDIT2 - Nothing comes before the Team, happy to renew my SSH just because of that comment.
    Last edited by Bushmancan; 11-24-2021 at 11:17 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Those guys became super tight this season. I hope Auro stays but if they see him as an extension of the Soteldo issues he might be gone.
    I don't think Auro and Soteldo are so close that Auro leaves if Soteldo leaves. He's been here for a while and seems to love playing for TFC. Gallardo I think is gone regardless

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jozy and Poz are not even in the same universe when it comes injury history.

Poz has been healthy for the vast majority of his career, you could say this was a blip. Jozy on the other hand has a very well documented injury history. We deserve what we get by keeping him around. There is no miracle cure, like I've said in the past he won and lost the genetics lottery.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can't possibly be serious in comparing Poz's injury history to Jozy's?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Michael Bradley celebrates Canadian Thanksgiving.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    You can't possibly be serious in comparing Poz's injury history to Jozy's?
    The guy made the point based on the prior season, not their injury history, so clearly that isn’t what I was saying, no.

Again, it’s not a matter of “keeping” Jozy; he’s already under contract. It’s whether to spend $3 million to free up his DP slot.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Manning remains firmly in charge

Now all eyes on the whether MB has a role
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    I'd agree with this. Michael as an assistant is quite plausible, and Manning is definitely in charge.
    Michael says he is thinking about coaching but focusing on playing right now. So not year 1 under Bob Bradley, but maybe later.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The most consecutive MLS games Jozy Altidore has played in the past 3 years? 9.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bradley with the paraphrased quote of the day "Those days (of success) weren't yesterday. What worked for us then might not work for us in the future"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There has to be “enough humility and perspective to understand… going forward that there’s going to be new ways to win, new ways to have success,” Bradley said.

Humility. Key word necessity wise.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone else get the vibe that Poz really doesn’t like Soteldo? He seemed to be awkwardly dancing around the point but that ‘he is over here, I am over here’ thing didn’t bode well.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Again, it’s not a matter of “keeping” Jozy; he’s already under contract. It’s whether to spend $3 million to free up his DP slot.
    100% worth the $3M.

He is made of Sturridge level glass and has no matter his legend status, attitude issues. We need rid of all of that and he is one of the sources.

Good luck to him and thanks for the years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The most consecutive MLS games Jozy Altidore has played in the past 3 years? 9.
    Jozy contributed more to this past (terrible) season than Poz. I'd have Jozy on the roster--especially if his cap hit is reduced below DP status...not sure if that's possible without buying him out...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone else get the vibe that Poz really doesn’t like Soteldo? He seemed to be awkwardly dancing around the point but that ‘he is over here, I am over here’ thing didn’t bode well.
    Pretty sure he rubbed a lot of guys the wrong way. Even though I believe he is good and can do a solid job in MLS, he is another attitude problem so see ya!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bradley with the paraphrased quote of the day "Those days (of success) weren't yesterday. What worked for us then might not work for us in the future"
    Wait, which Bradley said that?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Pretty sure he rubbed a lot of guys the wrong way. Even though I believe he is good and can do a solid job in MLS, he is another attitude problem so see ya!
    He's also a black hole on the pitch. Balls go in, but never come out.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Graeme View Post
    Jozy contributed more to this past (terrible) season than Poz. I'd have Jozy on the roster--especially if his cap hit is reduced below DP status...not sure if that's possible without buying him out...
    We need to aim for better than a forward who can play 1/3 of the season and get maybe 6 goals. Time to start thinking like winning teams do and expect results and top performances from our top players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Wait, which Bradley said that?
    Michael. Haha. Sorry, gotta remember we got two of them now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Richie still pushing for that European move. Says he isn't sure where his future is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Richie still pushing for that European move. Says he isn't sure where his future is.
    Not surprised to hear that. I think we can expect a Seba yr-1 type rebuild in 2022