Page 82 of 191 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692132182 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,460 of 5705
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    wow, TFC really did try and keep him. Impressive offer, have to think the Forest offer is more?

Wow. thats actually hard to believe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Still no word on transfer fee. Gotta be a couple of mil.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow, TFC really did try and keep him. Impressive offer, have to think the Forest offer is more?

I literally yelled out when I saw how much we offered him. Wow. 100% deserving. That is a lot of money he potentially left on the table. Props to him though for deciding to challenge himself abroad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Banner night for Wheels lmao.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can bet whoever we sign (seemingly Salcedo or Criscito) is gonna get that 925k contract instead.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

$1M USD fee per Paul Tenorio

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo View Post

The man can literally not do or say anything that doesn't make me cringe just a little.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So my math might be entirely wrong here but if we were to convert that to pounds it works out to about 13k a week. If the salary list below is accurate, Forrest can definitely pay him that.. no question asked.

https://footballleaguefc.com/notting...yer-wages/amp/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Asked Paul if all the fee can be converted to GAM and it can!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    $1M USD fee per Paul Tenorio
    I was hoping for 3 million, but I am just happy for Richie. He knew what he wanted and went for it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Asked Paul if all the fee can be converted to GAM and it can!

Awesome! It is nice being a fan of a team who you know won't just pocket a transfer fee.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
    Wheels has been so obnoxious this entire window. At the end of December he threw cold water on the Insigne rumour and then when its Romano official he says "as we've been reporting for months...". Even for the Laryea move he tweets as if it may not happen, then when Romano tweets it he acts as if he broke it before. What a tool.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Laryea really wanted Europe, clearly. I'm happy for him. From our perspective it's a big loss to our creativity going forward.

I do wonder if this is making Osorio think. He's mentioned Europe multiple times, heading into negotiations before we gave him his big raise a few years back, and he again mentioned possibly playing there this off-season as he heads into his option year. Wonder where his head is at...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    You can bet whoever we sign (seemingly Salcedo or Criscito) is gonna get that 925k contract instead.
    We can probably do both. We have almost $500K in GAM freed up from OG leaving and now $1M in GAM from selling Richie.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    Wheels has been so obnoxious this entire window. At the end of December he threw cold water on the Insigne rumour and then when its Romano official he says "as we've been reporting for months...". Even for the Laryea move he tweets as if it may not happen, then when Romano tweets it he acts as if he broke it before. What a tool.
    The sooner he goes away the better. His place in Canadian Soccer is already outsized compared to his abilities. Maybe the CSA and OneSoccer should sit down and ask themselves if they think every good CMNT clip coming out of this cycle should be editorialized by an inarticulate, screeching buffoon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Webdogg View Post
    I was told by my colleague in UK the radio talks speculated 3.4m. Take it for what it’s worth - couple guys on the radio
    Oh wow. That's more than I thought it would be.

Well, that's a good bit of business. I really hope he does well there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    The sooner he goes away the better. His place in Canadian Soccer is already outsized compared to his abilities. Maybe the CSA and OneSoccer should sit down and ask themselves if they think every good CMNT clip coming out of this cycle should be editorialized by an inarticulate, screeching buffoon.
    This is one of those times I wish there was a like button on the forum.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

from BBC re Nottingham Forest:

The transformation in Forest since the arrival of Steve Cooper is nothing short of miraculous. Previous manager Chris Hughton was sacked in September, with the club bottom of the table with just one point from their first seven games.

The previous season had been a struggle in front of goal, too, so the question for any new boss was "how will you get them firing?"
    Fast forward 16 matches and you find Forest seventh, with only one defeat in those 16 games, and are now the form team in the Championship.
    They're playing with verve and vigour, scoring memorable goals and go into Christmas with three straight wins.
    Questions remain. Will their impressive loan players stay with them after their parent clubs' January recall clauses - Middlesbrough's Djed Spence has been particularly outstanding - and can they add the right players in the transfer window?
    If the answers to both of those questions turn out to be yes, then a season which looked like being long, laborious and ending in relegation, could yet prove to be the club's best in more than a decade.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sao Paulo have apparently proposed a 1 year loan covering all wages with an option to purchase 50% of Soteldo's rights at the end. Per Brazilian TV

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    from BBC re Nottingham Forest:

The transformation in Forest since the arrival of Steve Cooper is nothing short of miraculous. Previous manager Chris Hughton was sacked in September, with the club bottom of the table with just one point from their first seven games.

The previous season had been a struggle in front of goal, too, so the question for any new boss was "how will you get them firing?"
    Fast forward 16 matches and you find Forest seventh, with only one defeat in those 16 games, and are now the form team in the Championship.
    They're playing with verve and vigour, scoring memorable goals and go into Christmas with three straight wins.
    Questions remain. Will their impressive loan players stay with them after their parent clubs' January recall clauses - Middlesbrough's Djed Spence has been particularly outstanding - and can they add the right players in the transfer window?
    If the answers to both of those questions turn out to be yes, then a season which looked like being long, laborious and ending in relegation, could yet prove to be the club's best in more than a decade.
    Djed Spence is the current RB for Nottingham. If he ends up getting recalled, that easily clears a spot for Richie to slot into.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Laryea really wanted Europe, clearly. I'm happy for him. From our perspective it's a big loss to our creativity going forward.

I do wonder if this is making Osorio think. He's mentioned Europe multiple times, heading into negotiations before we gave him his big raise a few years back, and he again mentioned possibly playing there this off-season as he heads into his option year. Wonder where his head is at...
    I would not be surprised if Oso leaves too. Where is the question? A Spanish speaking team that needs someone in the Bradley role he was so good at in 2020 but in a league where it's a challenge for him. Lower team in Serie A? Serie B? Somewhere JDG played (as I suggested in an earlier tweet)? Mexico? I don't see us getting a huge fee for him though as there are lots of "nice" players like Oso when you go up a level from MLS. But - for the right team, it really works.

Edit: A loan also makes sense for Oso - team with injuries in this position, for example.
    Last edited by MightyDM; 01-05-2022 at 10:54 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Djed Spence is the current RB for Nottingham. If he ends up getting recalled, that easily clears a spot for Richie to slot into.
    The team would likely know that, eh?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sao Paulo have apparently proposed a 1 year loan covering all wages with an option to purchase 50% of Soteldo's rights at the end. Per Brazilian TV
    Does that "un DP" him?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love Richie,but i think tfc got away with one,925k for 4 years is a bit steep.i was thinking 650-700 range,good luck to him

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does that "un DP" him?
    It should for this year. I have no idea about the implications of selling only 50% of his rights however.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does that "un DP" him?
    It should, yea

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It should for this year. I have no idea about the implications of selling only 50% of his rights however.
    No implication. TFC will just get paid out if/when Sao Paulo sell him. Caps did similar with Octavio Rivero

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    it's true, the canmnt is creating so many iconic moments that are all tarnished with his shit commentary.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has Buffery gotten lazy of late, all is work of late has been based off of other journos work, he seems being relying and cite other reports to make his. Is he really the unconnected from the club? The TFC beat really leaves a lot to be desired of late. It is just weird to me.&nbsp;<br><br><a href="https://torontosun.com/sports/reports-laryea-on-his-way-to-nottingham-forest-while-tfc-courts-national-keeper-borjan?fbclid=IwAR3_B_tlWcnKypnOCMHyp1cKMS0mO8IgNV WBq2VZusNZvENWb8jKrm0cDq0">Reports: Laryea on his way to Nottingham Forest while TFC courts national keeper Borjan | Toronto Sun</a>

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has Buffery gotten lazy of late, all is work of late has been based off of other journos work, he seems being relying and cite other reports to make his. Is he really the unconnected from the club? The TFC beat really leaves a lot to be desired of late. It is just weird to me.&nbsp;<br><br><a href="https://torontosun.com/sports/reports-laryea-on-his-way-to-nottingham-forest-while-tfc-courts-national-keeper-borjan?fbclid=IwAR3_B_tlWcnKypnOCMHyp1cKMS0mO8IgNV WBq2VZusNZvENWb8jKrm0cDq0">Reports: Laryea on his way to Nottingham Forest while TFC courts national keeper Borjan | Toronto Sun</a>
    That's always been his MO, no? Report on what overseas media saying then add in a quote from Manning or media relations