Page 80 of 191 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490130180 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,400 of 5705
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Fair enough. Enough things were unglued back there were it was hard to tell where it all started. I’m also sort of 50 / 50 as to whether Mavinga is even still a starter next to a stronger CB. He hasn’t looked good.
    I am hoping it was a complete dislike of prior management, there were a couple of games you could tell his heart wasn't there. Not making excuses for him but even his tweets this year are about staying in Toronto, looking forward to Insigne, where last year he was saying he was going to retire, etc...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Athletic is reporting that Insigne's contract is a 4-year deal until summer 2026, with a team option to extend until the end of the 2026 season. $15 million pre-tax salary.

They are also reporting that Edwards is signing with LA Galaxy. I kinda wanted him back, oh well. I'm sure he's excited to reunite with Vanney.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    They are also reporting that Edwards is signing with LA Galaxy. I kinda wanted him back, oh well. I'm sure he's excited to reunite with Vanney.
    I’m surprised Raheem is going back to Vanney, always felt like Vanney never gave Raheem enough playing time regardless of how much promise he showed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fair enough. Enough things were unglued back there were it was hard to tell where it all started. I’m also sort of 50 / 50 as to whether Mavinga is even still a starter next to a stronger CB. He hasn’t looked good.
    Mavinga probably isn’t a starter anymore. I’d imagine they’ll wait for his contract to run out. Mavinga was almost as bad as Gonzalez last year, which was hard to do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    I’m surprised Raheem is going back to Vanney, always felt like Vanney never gave Raheem enough playing time regardless of how much promise he showed.
    Prob just wants to stay in LA

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Prob just wants to stay in LA
    That and play for a coach he has played for before (hence going from LAFC to LAG).

That guy has been packing his suitcase every offseason for like 5 years now. Probably wants as much stability and certainty as he can get.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    You are way underestimating Jozy’s skill level when we got him
    When we got him he had scored 3 goals in 53 appearances for Sunderland over 2 years. He was actually a punchline. Swapping Defoe for Jozy is the ballsiest thing the front office has done to date imo. If Jozy flopped the club would have looked dumber than morons. He was a reclamation project when we got him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was never as big an Edwards guy has a lot of you. We are gonna need some cover at fullback though. Also, Richie better be being sold and not loaned until July. Get that sweet imaginary money to help now. We would be punting away the first 3 or 4 months of the season with no Insigne, Richie and maybe some of the rumored Italians (Belotti, Criscito, Destro).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With Richie basically gone, let's just take a moment to applaud what he's become. From barely playing with Orlando, to getting released and having a trial with TFC. He turned that into a minimum contract, solidified himself as a starter for TFC, and got himself an extension. He's now an automatic starter for Canada and has been one of the top players for TFC the past few seasons. He's getting the chance to play in one of the top markets for soccer in the world while in the prime of his career. What a great story - congratulations to him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    With Richie basically gone, let's just take a moment to applaud what he's become. From barely playing with Orlando, to getting released and having a trial with TFC. He turned that into a minimum contract, solidified himself as a starter for TFC, and got himself an extension. He's now an automatic starter for Canada and has been one of the top players for TFC the past few seasons. He's getting the chance to play in one of the top markets for soccer in the world while in the prime of his career. What a great story - congratulations to him.
    Well said. Fantastic achievement for Ritchie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gringo Starr View Post
    Well said. Fantastic achievement for Ritchie
    Only six points out of a playoff spot too. Great time to be joining Nottingham Forest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome back Jeremy
    Cheers dude.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apparently Laryea will land tomorrow for his medical with Forrest. So this isn't the initial stages, it's in the final stages.

"The 26-year-old will touch down in England to undergo his medical in the next 24 hours, NottinghamshireLive understands ."
    https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport...edical-6447471

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like it was Toronto or LA for Raheem. Vanney was the difference maker

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    Looks like it was Toronto or LA for Raheem. Vanney was the difference maker
    lol vanney the diffrence maker.he didnt protect him and we lost him,it was BB that turned his career around,or else he would of been in the USL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are way underestimating Jozy’s skill level when we got him
    I don't know, maybe. You think he was a top 100 striker in the world? I don't think so, and there are a lot more other positions on the field to be filled so being outside of the top 1000 sounds accurate to me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-----------Borjan------------
    Auro---Salcedo---Criscito---Lawrence
    ---------Oso----Bradley---------
    JMR/Shaff---Pozuelo---Insigne (feels insane to type that)
    ------------Belotti------------

Best starting 11 in MLS I think. Bench includes Delgado, either of JMR or Shaff that isn't starting, Priso first off the bench for Oso or Bradley, Okello and Ayo also there. Use the transfer from Richie for Salcedo. Criscito is apparently close to a done deal already. Then go all in to get Belotti. I know this sounds crazy but seems like they're going all out this year so I think that's do-able. Hardest one to snag there is obviously Belotti but possible if MLSE are ready to open up the pursestrings one more time for a bit less money

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sold that Bradley is better then Priso

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Not sold that Bradley is better then Priso
    He's not, but he is gonna be captain and the captain doesn't play from the bench

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    lol vanney the diffrence maker.he didnt protect him and we lost him,it was BB that turned his career around,or else he would of been in the USL.
    Harsh. He seems to be reasonably well thought off everywhere he goes (except Mtl but who could blame him) yet never sticks.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AdamAM View Post
    He's not, but he is gonna be captain and the captain doesn't play from the bench
    This needs to be said Mike Bradley is the elephant in the room . Did he sign a new contract or still on an old contract 1.5 million is larceny for what he contributes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section 223 View Post
    This needs to be said Mike Bradley is the elephant in the room . Did he sign a new contract or still on an old contract 1.5 million is larceny for what he contributes
    Still on 1.5M. This is his last guaranteed season, with it an option for 2023.

I know it's easy now to say in hindsight that Bradley is a bit of an albatross contract, but at the time we were all incredibly excited that he agreed to come back for a non-DP contract. During the 2021 season thread, we went back and looked at what was said after he signed the new deal. The feedback was overwhelmingly positive at the time.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Still on 1.5M. This is his last guaranteed season, with it an option for 2023.

I know it's easy now to say in hindsight that Bradley is a bit of an albatross contract, but at the time we were all incredibly excited that he agreed to come back for a non-DP contract. During the 2021 season thread, we went back and looked at what was said after he signed the new deal. The feedback was overwhelmingly positive at the time.
    are we sure his contract wasn't frontloaded as well?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’m okay with Bradley’s most recent deal. It’s a little heavy but not entirely an albatross.

In retrospect, the 2017 team should have been blown up in 2019 with very few exceptions… but hind sight is 20/20.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    are we sure his contract wasn't frontloaded as well?
    You can review the salary guide at the following link. Scroll down to the bottom of the page for past years as well. www.mlsplayers.org/resources/salary-guide

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The best Richie could do was a mid-table Championship side?

That makes me sad

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can review the salary guide at the following link. Scroll down to the bottom of the page for past years as well. www.mlsplayers.org/resources/salary-guide
    thanks

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    The best Richie could do was a mid-table Championship side?

That makes me sad
    tbf forest are a big club with a good manager who ar pushing for a playoff spot.

a good second half to the season and they could be promoted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Harsh. He seems to be reasonably well thought off everywhere he goes (except Mtl but who could blame him) yet never sticks.
    dont get me wrong i like him,but that is 4 teams in 4 years,bb put him in kaye s postion after the trade,he made starts and played well in the few matches i watched at the end of the season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Salcedo seems like he is leaving Tigres.