Page 79 of 191 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389129179 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,370 of 5705
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Insigne is at serious Jozy risk. He’ll be 36 by the time his contract is up and if he doesn’t perform well enough there is zero chance we are able to sell him because no one will offer remotely close to his wage. They’re playing with serious fire on this deal for what will probably only be 2-3 seasons of top end production if that.
    TBH I'll be surprised if he's here past the 3.5 year mark. I'm thinking part of the rationale of giving up this outlier of a contract term is ensuring a future fee if (more likely when) an Italian club tries to bring him home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Not surprised at the interest in Laryea and reports of us trying to bring back Raheem Edwards make even more sense now that our fullback depth would be hit.

Would starting fullbacks of Auro and Lawrence be good enough?
    No it would not. Laryea was the best part of a backline that was pure shit last year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smokecell View Post
    TBH I'll be surprised if he's here past the 3.5 year mark. I'm thinking part of the rationale of giving up this outlier of a contract term is ensuring a future fee if (more likely when) an Italian club tries to bring him home.
    It's extraordinarily unlikely any team in Europe would pay a fee and come close to matching these wages for a player at that age. Basically impossible, unless he's willing to take a huge, huge pay cut.

For good or for bad, it's likely he'll be here for the 5.5 years of his contact

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No it would not. Laryea was the best part of a backline that was pure shit last year.
    Lawrence was pretty good I thought.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smokecell View Post
    He will only play for Napoli. I’m not sure who is going to pay a fee for him unless absolutely tearing up the league.

I’m very surprised that the club is committing to players and contracts with severe injury risks considering how dogshit our medical/physio staff has been.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’m very surprised that the club is committing to players and contracts with severe injury risks considering how dogshit our medical/physio staff has been.
    Insigne has been incredibly healthy throughout his career. He's played 3000+ minutes in each of the past 6 seasons and only has one long term injury in his career. Always a risk as a player ages, but he seems like a pretty good bet to maintain his health.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Depends on how Bradley sets us up, I suppose. If we're not pushing the fullbacks up constantly, it probably suits him. He's always been seen as more of a pure fullback than a wingback.

Expect we'll see more of him centrally though unless we sign some more defenders imminently, maybe in a three-man line.

Auro's a good wingback, we're not lost for quality there. To me, he's better wide than inside.

But losing Richie is always going to be a negative; dude raises havoc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    Bobo... some fun...
    Need to sharpen my TFC formation and roster skills. Agree, given who we may be acquiring and are returning, the steadfast 433 does not seem the most ideal. Assuming Poz returns... I guess in a 4321, Poz is on the right at the 2. The 4231 seems the strongest default.
    Without trying to go overboard with assumptions at this point, I'd want to see something like:

-----------(DP striker)----------
    ------Insigne------Pozuelo------
    --Osorio---Bradley---Delgado--
    Lawrence-Mavinga-O'Neill-Auro
    -----------Westberg------------

Basically, what we have after Soteldo, Jozy, and Laryea presumably leave. Could look very different come March.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Up to this point in Insigne's career he has been very durable and not injured much at all and doesn't miss many games. Would be a shame if the TFC staff have any hand in changing that once he is here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Richie apparently arriving in the UK in the next 24 hours.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post

That is awesome. I am probably weird for thinking this way, but a guy like Richie heading to Europe excites me a lot more than if we were to sell JMR or Jayden Nelson. The guy has played his heart out, improved so much and truly deserves this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The GAM we might be about to get from transfering Richie to Forest could come in handy when it comes to getting a guy like Salcedo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    The GAM we might be about to get from transfering Richie to Forest could come in handy when it comes to getting a guy like Salcedo.
    Or maybe it helps us pay out Alitdore or buy-down Solteldo to a level that helps with a transfer without a budget charge? (Realize that is far less exciting, lol)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Tire fire imo, but def a more subjective call

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post

Finally a reason to watch championship on DAZN, though I believe letting him go is a dumb decision. He deserves just under Oso money in my mind.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It'll be good for Canada at least. The Championships is a high level league imo. Should help his game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Broke ass Sao Paulo still begging for Soteldo.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It only gets the DP off our books if they pay his wage... correct. wasn't that the Pizarro issue and why Miami (paying Pizarro's wage) will still have him on the books as a DP.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    It only gets the DP off our books if they pay his wage... correct. wasn't that the Pizarro issue and why Miami (paying Pizarro's wage) will still have him on the books as a DP.
    This gets more problematic the closer we get to July. If he's not gone by then we have two DPs playing the same position.

So they have to get Soteldo off the books.

I think he might wind up being the buyout, insane as that sounds given his relative market value. Teams in SA aren't going to pay $6M for a five goal, ten assist guy, even with his pedigree. And they can't afford to pick up his salary, so just loaning him makes no sense.

Bradley and Altidore worked well together on the Nats, or he was productive at least.

But then they have to sell the board on eating a loss in the region of $12M, which is what his fee plus three years of remaining salary roughly add up to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    The canary in the coalmine here is selling Rutty and having a good chunk of GAM to play with from his transfer fee.
    Good point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AdamAM View Post
    Borjan is good enough, especially if he comes in on a decent wage. Also feel like a solid team in front of him will do wonders for his play a la the CMNT now and playing for a Europa League team. We only really saw his weakness come out when playing behind a God awful CMNT, goalies are not gonna look great when it's shambles in front of them.

RE: Insigne being a Jozy situation, I don't see it at all. Insigne is a top 100 player in the world at this point in his career whereas Jozy was never even top 1000, I really think everybody is underestimating the gap in talent there. He's also not injury prone, and a lot of his game will hold up with age due to being so technically gifted.

Give us Borjan, Criscito, Salcedo, and Belotti so we can win CONCACAF already!
    You are way underestimating Jozy’s skill level when we got him

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome back Jeremy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
    Without trying to go overboard with assumptions at this point, I'd want to see something like:

-----------(DP striker)----------
    ------Insigne------Pozuelo------
    --Osorio---Bradley---Delgado--
    Lawrence-Mavinga-O'Neill-Auro
    -----------Westberg------------

Basically, what we have after Soteldo, Jozy, and Laryea presumably leave. Could look very different come March.
    Thanks for engaging. I did go into the weeds with the tiered assumptions. No real issue with your 'au courant' selection. Would have enjoyed seeing the 4231 with Laryea though, on the wing running havoc for a PK by Insigne or Criscito. Was a real find by TFC- Vanney? A great reclamation and reboot project. He has done the hard work and deserves his shot overseas; but boy do I wish he would have stayed to help us to the Championships.
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 01-05-2022 at 03:37 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is awesome. I am probably weird for thinking this way, but a guy like Richie heading to Europe excites me a lot more than if we were to sell JMR or Jayden Nelson. The guy has played his heart out, improved so much and truly deserves this.
    Totally.

I was in San Jose in 2020 and Richie scored. This woman in the supporters end started jumping around yelling “that’s my husband”. Sitting / standing right with us! Down to earth and real. Like her husband. Good for him; Forest are a club with a great history. And wear red.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    It'll be good for Canada at least. The Championships is a high level league imo. Should help his game.
    You’ll see a lot of him next year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    I believe it depends on whether he wants/is willing to rip up the old contract. He's on $1.9M. Let's say Sao Paulo only wants to pay him say $1M. Soteldo is entitled to the 1.9, so he can say I want the 1.9, in which case we'd have to cover the 900k, or we could say we're not paying you not to play for us so we're not going to sell you to them. Then he could say, I'll waive the extra 900k and "renegotiate" and take their $1M as my new contract value, ending our obligation. If he really wants out, he could be willing to take less. It's basically the opposite of a player getting a raise when they transfer, but the same thing (old contract ripped up, new one takes effect)
    Last edited by rydermike; 01-05-2022 at 03:41 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    This gets more problematic the closer we get to July. If he's not gone by then we have two DPs playing the same position.

So they have to get Soteldo off the books.

I think he might wind up being the buyout, insane as that sounds given his relative market value. Teams in SA aren't going to pay $6M for a five goal, ten assist guy, even with his pedigree. And they can't afford to pick up his salary, so just loaning him makes no sense.

Bradley and Altidore worked well together on the Nats, or he was productive at least.

But then they have to sell the board on eating a loss in the region of $12M, which is what his fee plus three years of remaining salary roughly add up to.
    At least it’s Curtis’ fault…

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    You’ll see a lot of him next year.
    I knew you were going to say that. (I'm already resigned to it).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tire fire imo, but def a more subjective call
    Fair enough. Enough things were unglued back there were it was hard to tell where it all started. I’m also sort of 50 / 50 as to whether Mavinga is even still a starter next to a stronger CB. He hasn’t looked good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How times have changed since Mo Johnston went on a vacation to Brazil, came back babbling about some random player he saw (Dentinho I think). And everyone laughed because MLS had barely paid any transfer fees at that point and the players he said he wanted would have easily cost more than 5 million euros.