Page 78 of 191 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288128178 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,340 of 5705
    Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    I believe if Seba was still with us these past two seasons he would have contributed a fair amount - maybe not MLS MVP level, but I think a low to mid tier DP level.

If Insigne can contribute at that level in his final two seasons - I'd be very happy. We have two other DP slots so if we need more fire power at that time, TFC would be wise to ensure they have at least one of those slots free in year 4/5 to accomodate this drop in form.
    Absolutely agree a 35 year old Insigne in this League doesn’t worry me one bit , certainly better then the Venezuelan we trotted out last year

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gringo Starr View Post
    I have nothing against Crepeau, have no worries when he starts for the CMNT but he has only ever been in MLS. Borjan is playing for Red Star in the Europa league and has come up big in a number of high pressure situations. His experience and leadership and intensity counts. Who is the guy at the end of CMNT matches in the circle speaking.

Also I know height doesn’t mean everything but watching Q I can’t help but think he would have stopped a few more for TFC if he was just a bit taller and could reach just that little bit more
    I hear you and ultimately either option likely works for Canada. At 27 I think Crepeau has the extra athleticism to make up for the lack of height and I think that sort of regression is starting to hurt Westburg’s game.

I have seen Borjan make more than the occasional self-inflicted mistake and despite taking leadership roles in the huddle, sometimes strikes me as somewhat disconnected to his back line.

Anyway. Fingers crossed he continues to play as well as he has the last few games.
    Last edited by ag futbol; 01-05-2022 at 11:25 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, when are we gonna use this u-22 slot? We seemingly have a lot of resources now so I am interested to see what kind of commitment is made to this spot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why should we worry about 3 or 4 years down the road,lets be grateful that we have big league ownership that will spend..enjoy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The goalie debate is easily solved -
    All available keepers > the current keepers.

Crepeau, Borjan, whomever it just can’t be Bono (or west burg)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    We'd be lucky to get 50k GAM for him. He makes 482k. I forget who gave him that extension but it is awful.
    I would take 50K in a heart beat. Even a supplemental superdraft pick.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IMO, I think Crepeau is slightly better than Borjan in shot-stopping, but in terms of all around game, Borjan has the edge (similar to Bono vs Westberg).

In terms of trading Bono, like others mentioned the contract is a big issue. Bono on his rookie 100k deal, could probably get a decent chunk of GAM for him. Bono on his current 500k deal, no chance.

Look at it like this, if a team were to trade 250k GAM for him, that would cost them 750k of cap space (Bono's 500k + losing out on 250k of GAM to offset other contracts). Need to look at the opportunity cost. Bono's not a 750k keeper (total value for a trade). Not even close, he's not even a 500k keeper, which is what we're paying.

Does Bono have value in this league. Absolutely. Lower tier starter/Upper tier backup. His contract (which pays him as an elite starter), however, is prohibitive in a cap league. Any trade will have to compensate for that.

The best we might be able to do is a draft pick plus a contract that a team doesn't want (ie. another team's Dom Dwyer) because they'd need to free up space to absorb Bono's deal. We'd be getting value far below Bono's true value (but the loss in player value via the trade is made up in cap savings). A team might value Bono at 250k salary so they say, you need to take 250k of our dead salary so we get him at what we want to "pay him"
    Last edited by rydermike; 01-05-2022 at 12:05 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Borjan is good enough, especially if he comes in on a decent wage. Also feel like a solid team in front of him will do wonders for his play a la the CMNT now and playing for a Europa League team. We only really saw his weakness come out when playing behind a God awful CMNT, goalies are not gonna look great when it's shambles in front of them.

RE: Insigne being a Jozy situation, I don't see it at all. Insigne is a top 100 player in the world at this point in his career whereas Jozy was never even top 1000, I really think everybody is underestimating the gap in talent there. He's also not injury prone, and a lot of his game will hold up with age due to being so technically gifted.

Give us Borjan, Criscito, Salcedo, and Belotti so we can win CONCACAF already!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Insigne is at serious Jozy risk. He’ll be 36 by the time his contract is up and if he doesn’t perform well enough there is zero chance we are able to sell him because no one will offer remotely close to his wage. They’re playing with serious fire on this deal for what will probably only be 2-3 seasons of top end production if that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does TFC management maybe know something no one else does about raising payrolls (additional GAM etc.) in the very near future? This new League's Cup tournament is a lot bigger deal to MLS higher ups than a lot of people think. MLS and Liga MX want this to basically replace the CONCACAF Champions League and it would be an awful look for the league to get basically swept away by these Mexican squads.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

5.5 years seems like a pretty bad decision long term even for a player this quality BUT if they've frontloaded the contract (Or are maybe assuming some kind of potential coaching transition?) I think it makes a lot more sense. Without that, this has huge upside but is a huge risk. 3 years from now we could have someone whose form is dropping significantly, who may be an injury risk with age, with a contract nobody will touch with 3 years left. I hope and assume they've been smarter than that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Even if Insigne declines in the second half of his contract, he should still be a positive contributor to the club. We can hopefully get our DPs into a cycle where we have two in their prime and one in their decline phase at any given time. Having DPs with ages of ~25, ~28, ~33 would allow us to cycle DPs out as they enter the end of their career but still have some continuity for the team.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    Sports Editor for BBC East Midlands Today.
    Yea, this has legs...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Putting my pure fan cap on, if we managed to get Salcedo, Borjan and Criscito to go along with Richie, Auro, Lawrence and Mavinga pretty sure we would have damn near the best back line in North America.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I played a career mode in FIFA one year with Nottingham so I have a soft spot for them. Richie deserves a chance in Europe and the Championship would be great for him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    any idea what kinda fee we are looking at?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    any idea what kinda fee we are looking at?
    Nothing reported yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that FO must be a buzz saw right now,play movement,camp in 2wks.coaching staff..BB must be one busy guy

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From the BBC. Assume its more than just throwing a rumour out there, guess we shall see.

Last edited by Red CB Toronto; 01-05-2022 at 12:35 PM.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trying to imagine the reaction to Richie doing the CONCACAF thousand yard stare walking away from some guy he just elbowed surreptitiously.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Nothing reported yet.
    i have no clue what kind of value he has.maybe 2 mil?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dub this the anti-Curtis off-season. It’s like more things that Curtis was rumoured to do in several years, all in one window.

Almost like someone was asleep at the wheel for a while or couldn’t get a deal done to save their life.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I keep trying to watch all our Canadian internationals play weekly in the different leagues so now I have to become a Nottingham Forest fan....cool.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damien Perquis went from TFC to Forrest back in 2016. So there's some history of them scouting us for players
    Last edited by rydermike; 01-05-2022 at 01:08 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not surprised at the interest in Laryea and reports of us trying to bring back Raheem Edwards make even more sense now that our fullback depth would be hit.

Would starting fullbacks of Auro and Lawrence be good enough?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we would need another right back, or at least someone who can fill in there.

i really hope we can bring in edwards, fairly low salary, can fill in lots of positions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IIRC our highest rated academy prospect at the moment is a right back (name escapes me). Not sure he’d immediately be game ready but I think he’d join the first team in the coming year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    IIRC our highest rated academy prospect at the moment is a right back (name escapes me). Not sure he’d immediately be game ready but I think he’d join the first team in the coming year.
    kobe franklin?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Kobe Franklin. Think he was on USL1 team of the year.