Page 172 of 191 FirstFirst ... 72122162168169170171172173174175176182 ... LastLast
Results 5,131 to 5,160 of 5705
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    The latest Buffery story makes it sound as if he's just frozen out for now, that he didn't gel with the attitude Bradley wants to see.

Some interesting stuff in this one. He wants Poz to be more positional and less free role, but praises his work ethic and attitude to change.

https://torontosun.com/sports/soccer...tidore-jimenez
    Also thought it was interesting that Bradley provided an actually consequential look at parts of the team here. Certainly more than you'd typically get at this stage of preseason.

Reads to me like Auro and Lawrence both kind of just wanted out.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also what does it say about Luke Singh when you read BB's comments and add in the fact that it looks like Pacific backed off taking him on loan?

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Also what does it say about Luke Singh when you read BB's comments and add in the fact that it looks like Pacific backed off taking him on loan?
    He was horrid last year. None of this is surprising. It’s the harsh truth.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    Overall my objective of this was to just give us a rough idea of how much budget space we have available to make moves to try and inform the discussion
    Many thanks for doing this.

So noxx98, broad strokes, using your numbers -
    Once Auro and Kemar are off the books, we will have $492k + $389k + $340k = $1,221,000 in salary cap.
    Plus, we have $3,392,500 in unused xAM (or is it all TAM?). Is this correct?

So, broad strokes, we have $4,613,500 to complete our roster. Jeez, that’s quite a lot.

Am I correct in concluding therefore, we can comfortably bring in three players at $1.5 million salary each. Use $1.1 million TAM on each player and be compliant with salary cap? Is that right?
    If so, we could be looking at Criscito, Destro, and another player of similar pedigree. Say perhaps a top-flight right wingback?
    Not only that, but it appears we also have the flexibility and wherewithal to designate Salcedo as a TAM player, at which point we could bring in 2 players at $1.5 million and another DP at basically an unlimited amount. Is this also correct?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Incidentally, the president of Santos said yesterday to Brazilian media that they didn't want Soteldo back, because of his disruptive personality an that "goals and assists aren't enough".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gogon View Post

Once Auro and Kemar are off the books, we will have $492k + $389k + $340k = $1,221,000 in salary cap.

So, broad strokes, we have $4,613,500 to complete our roster. Jeez, that’s quite a lot.

Am I correct in concluding therefore, we can comfortably bring in three players at $1.5 million salary each. Use $1.1 million TAM on each player and be compliant with salary cap? Is that right?
    If so, we could be looking at Criscito, Destro, and another player of similar pedigree. Say perhaps a top-flight right wingback?
    Not only that, but it appears we also have the flexibility and wherewithal to designate Salcedo as a TAM player, at which point we could bring in 2 players at $1.5 million and another DP at basically an unlimited amount. Is this also correct?

That's my understanding. We cleared a lot of cap space with OG, Mullins, Delgado, Dwyer, Richie all leaving. Plus GAM from the sale of Richie/Delgado and increases in GAM from last year from MLS. We have not really added on salary (other than Akinola's increase). If TFC does not use all of our xAM space, we can roll over the Richie GAM to next year. The league gives almost $4.5M xAM as a baseline, and we are not coming close to using all of that.

On Salcedo, if he is on ~$1.6M or less, we can switch him to TAM and free up a DP spot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Incidentally, the president of Santos said yesterday to Brazilian media that they didn't want Soteldo back, because of his disruptive personality an that "goals and assists aren't enough".
    IIRC, wasn't Soteldo committing armed robberies back in Venezuela before he took soccer seriously, and his close friend was also murdered. That probably plays a role however big with his attitude in life.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gogon View Post

It really depends on what happens in the long run with Salcedo, does he get moved from being a DP to TAM? The cap ramifications differ with a DP and TAM. A DP just needs the $612,000 cap space, everything else is pure cash where TAM is too fold, you need cap space plus the tam needed. I guess may question is, how much TAM do you need to move someone from a DP spot, do you just need to get within the budget charge range or down to the $150,000?

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow! Can you say and play Hot Potato! Thank you and good luck Tigres. Auf Wiedersehen. Start the car...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But Ali Curtis ran an extensive due diligence process. What could have gone wrong?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    That's my understanding
    Fantastic, thanks. Clearly there's going to be good news on the roster front over the coming weeks and months.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It’s interesting, Tigres would have known all this. Mexican teams are very well connected in Brazil and Argentina.

Makes me think we lost most of the Soteldo transfer fee, in reality.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    But Ali Curtis ran an extensive due diligence process. What could have gone wrong?
    They really did milk that van der wiel situation out to the max eh? All the while it was just a cover to mask your ineptitude abilty in finding players and signing them in a timely fashion.

This off season really did show us how a properly run front office works. Identify targets, sign them, or look at the next person on your rolodex. None of this two week nonsense.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    It really depends on what happens in the long run with Salcedo, does he get moved from being a DP to TAM?
    Given the caginess with which Bradley discussed Salcedo's roster slot, I've reached the conclusion he is on exactly $1,612,500, affording us maximum flexibility. If we switch his designation to TAM (which we can do arbitrarily) then I believe we are obligated to used $1m of TAM to buy his contract down to the maximum budget charge of $612,500. But, we have discretion to use more TAM to buy it done further if necessary in order to be cap compliant. By my math (and using noxx98's figures) it's six of one half a dozen of the other. By that I mean, it seems clear we can comfortably bring in 3 TAM players at around $1.5 million. If we bring in a DP, then we bring in 2 TAM players and reassign Salcedo, but the total outlay of GAM and TAM remains about the same. So either way, I feel like we should be expecting three more high-calibre players, including possibly a new DP.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

noxx98, Gogon et al., as always for me an intriguing and compelling and always evolving discussion.
    The reality behind any MLS team roster construction.
    Not my sandbox but enjoying reading and learning about it; understanding the budget/cap impact.
    Great efforts and contributions, keep on...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Salcedo & Westberg already gelling!

https://twitter.com/TorontoFC/status...7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can’t say I’m surprised that the man with a non-existent personality couldn’t assess player personalities.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pretty sure the “due diligence” comment are Manning’s words but what he’ll splashing big money on Insigne will make any management team look good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    It’s interesting, Tigres would have known all this. Mexican teams are very well connected in Brazil and Argentina.

Makes me think we lost most of the Soteldo transfer fee, in reality.
    This is true, however if reports out of Mexico are to be believed, we swapped problem with Tigres. Makes you wonder how much, if any leverage we had in these negotiations.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^Yes, somebody said the same a few days ago.

It could still be good business. I am optimistic, will give Salcedo every benefit of the doubt. I just suspect Salcedo's transfer fee, had he moved in that market, would have been a tiny fraction of the $6.5M…
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC going to get that sweet GAM now that Gio is out of the picture

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Love it. More money and should put those Giovinco ideas to rest.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    Wow! Can you say and play Hot Potato! Thank you and good luck Tigres. Auf Wiedersehen. Start the car...
    Clearly one of the top achievements of this off-season was getting him off the books.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    Salcedo & Westberg already gelling!

https://twitter.com/TorontoFC/status...7Ctwgr%5Etweet
    This is great. Hopefully Westberg starts over Bono and we can see these two work together well on the field!
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

$575k GAM for the allocation spot. That is a lot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We are drowning in imaginary money.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

#ThankYouAllocationSpot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We threw in an international spot? That's curious...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    We threw in an international spot? That's curious...
    I wonder if tossing that away has something to do with the rumor that guys like Mavinga and Pozuelo will be considered a domestic since they played a year with TFC.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    We are drowning in imaginary money.
    Maybe this amount will help buy down Salcedo and we can add an attacking DP instead. Although I am no capologist like some on this board so they can tell me if I am wrong.