Page 180 of 191 FirstFirst ... 80130170176177178179180181182183184190 ... LastLast
Results 5,371 to 5,400 of 5705
    Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinamoTFC View Post
    This is mind boggling. How do you justify this. Is this Curtis's doing or Manning dropping the ball? Or was this a negotiating consequence to get Jozy to play again after they banished him?
    Either way this whole Jozy contract has been a massive disaster.
    Any one out there that thinks Bill Manning’s is competent, raise your hand

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The gift that keeps on giving. Do you think there is any way we could get Manning, Curtis and Armas hired by the Spurs? Sorry i know off-topic.
    Last edited by Bushmancan; 02-14-2022 at 12:36 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Now we get to see what real coaching brings compared to what we had last year or how Vanney usually ignored youth players previously.
    Don’t hold your breath on the youth movement, by July the starting lineup for the team will average 30 plus years Mavinga, Salcedo, Serie A defender ,Shaff, Bradley, Poz,Oso, Insigne, Serie A forward , JJ.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section 223 View Post
    Don’t hold your breath on the youth movement, by July the starting lineup for the team will average 30 plus years Mavinga, Salcedo, Serie A defender ,Shaff, Bradley, Poz,Oso, Insigne, Serie A forward , JJ.
    Is this supposed to be negative? Sounds great to me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post

We picked up Jozy’s 2023 option after the Armas fiasco… I don’t really understand why
    Well I feel like a fool for thinking Jozys initial contract extension was the worst transfer/roster decision the club ever made. Good GOD whoever did that should be fired immediately

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RealG-TFC View Post
    Is this supposed to be negative? Sounds great to me
    Not negative at all in my books, can’t wait for July bring this 30 plus age roster on

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe that’s the case but let’s hope there’s some rotation / room for youth to play a role.

I was less offended by Vaney’s lack of youth in the starting lineup than I was by Nick DeLeon and other similarly underwhelming vets coming off the subs bench.

I think we have some guys here who are capable. Some question marks too, to be certain. But I’d be pissed if we can’t find Priso 1000-1500 minutes this year

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You won't see Bradley, Poz, & Osorio as MF starters by July. Priso will be in there for sure once he gets back up to speed after his injury.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You won't see Bradley, Poz, & Osorio as MF starters by July. Priso will be in there for sure once he gets back up to speed after his injury.
    Poz and Oso not starters? Do you know something we don’t?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Poz and Oso not starters? Do you know something we don’t?
    I bet Bradley & Oso will be platooning at DM with Oso getting some platoon time with Priso.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I bet Bradley & Oso will be platooning at DM with Oso getting some platoon time with Priso.
    Really can’t see Oso getting les than 30 starts if healthy, as for Bradley sure I would cut his time , for me he’s done only playing here because of his club history and daddy as coach

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post

We picked up Jozy’s 2023 option after the Armas fiasco… I don’t really understand why
    If this is any kind of accurate... gangster... and oh boy, someone better be kissing the donkey.
    'Finance is a gun. Politics is knowing when to pull the trigger'-Don Lucchesi.
    Respect to Don Jozy's team/agent. It's boxes of Cubans and cases of Aces for them all.
    Yeesh! Manning, the proverbial prison punk.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Striker for TFC. (Done - JJ)
    Jozy Buyout. (Done)
    Lawrence leaves. (In Process )
    Keeper Change.
    Osorio stays (Looks Good)
    Complete Surprise - Auro

Any new runours or developments before season openner?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    I call BS on us paying more than 5 million euros a season. We might be spenders but our budget still has limits.
    I suspect people will be surprised by how much more effective MB is this year. Bradley stressed how important positional responsibility is with respect to Pozuelo. He doesn’t want guys trying to do too much. I suspect he will have the same message for Michael.

He does not have the wheels he once had but he’s still a smart, skilled player and if he mantains a more restrained zone he can still do the job. Having said that, between injury and platooning I think we’ll see a lot of Priso.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And why did TFC pick the option up on his contract if they did not have too? Seems like MLSE just pissed away $4.8 million.

This is very confusing if you ask me.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    And why did TFC pick the option up on his contract if they did not have too? Seems like MLSE just pissed away $4.8 million.

This is very confusing if you ask me.
    I am willing to bet this was their way of apologizing to Jozy after the Armas debacle. This decision is likely that of Manning.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    I am willing to bet this was their way of apologizing to Jozy after the Armas debacle. This decision is likely that of Manning.
    May have been a gamble to get Jozy onside and willing to play again under a new coach.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 02-14-2022 at 04:39 PM.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    I suspect people will be surprised by how much more effective MB is this year.
    jloome, let me ask you a question. First, I hope you're right about this. But, can you think of any comparables? I come up a bit empty. When I think of these imperious midfield "general" types who find their athleticism failing them, the picture is often not so pretty. Players like Gerrard, Lampard, Pirlo, Fabregas, come to mind. It feels like the position became too demanding for them and they frankly looked bad. Then there players that seemed to exit stage-left just before they suffered the same fate. Keane, Scholes, Iniesta, Zidane. What might be a good comparable for a most likely case scenario in your mind? Maybe a guy like Schweinsteiger? There's a lot of angst over Bradley on here. What might we hope for?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gogon View Post
    jloome, let me ask you a question. First, I hope you're right about this. But, can you think of any comparables? I come up a bit empty. When I think of these imperious midfield "general" types who find their athleticism failing them, the picture is often not so pretty. Players like Gerrard, Lampard, Pirlo, Fabregas, come to mind. It feels like the position became too demanding for them and they frankly looked bad. Then there players that seemed to exit stage-left just before they suffered the same fate. Keane, Scholes, Iniesta, Zidane. What might be a good comparable for a most likely case scenario in your mind? Maybe a guy like Schweinsteiger? There's a lot of angst over Bradley on here. What might we hope for?
    The difference is that these guys were trying to do exactly what Bob Bradley is trying to stop, doing too much and getting caught out. Also none of them were straight up DMs, which I hope MB's role is and he sticks to it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MB was always a player who should have stuck to being a straight DM imo, and his best form was putting his ego aside and keeping things very simple but very effective. I'd be in favour of him getting healthy minutes this season if that's the MB that Bob is able to get to show up, not the one taking every free kick and spraying 50 yard passes he isn't able to make. I loved him when Vasquez was here, he was ruthlessly effective that season just winning the ball and keeping possession

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Salcedo should be able to take over some of the playmaking ability from the back. He seems quite capable of spraying long passes up the field. That should hopefully take the playmaking weight off of MB. Then Oso can be out box to box midfielder, with Poz playing a little further up the field. Keep it simple for Bradley, make sure he can get some rest sometimes to keep his legs fresh for the full season, and give Priso an opportunity to succeed. If there’s an MLS manager to execute this properly I think it’s Bob.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MB isn't that midfield destroyer anymore. He lost his long range passing, isn't a creative link from the back like a Pirlo, and slows the game down. When isolated he is a defensive liability.

Sorry to be harsh but in my opinion he no longer serves the ambition of TFC. Time to move on. Young players need to be brought through with MB coming off the bench.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    MB isn't that midfield destroyer anymore. He lost his long range passing, isn't a creative link from the back like a Pirlo, and slows the game down. When isolated he is a defensive liability.

Sorry to be harsh but in my opinion he no longer serves the ambition of TFC. Time to move on. Young players need to be brought through with MB coming off the bench.
    This is correct, while examining last season with blinders on for all his previous time with us. That season though was under someone who is in the running for one of the worst manages in our history. While time isn’t on MBs side, it is no where near a long shot to make an assumption that MB could get back in form under not only a very competent manager, but one that knows him intimately. Not saying you are wrong, just saying I believe the odds are much more in favour of him being far better this coming season than being even the same low level that he was last season.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    May have been a gamble to get Jozy onside and willing to play again under a new coach.
    Been trying to change the subject, because it is done. Manning would not have done it on his own, so someone above knew. It is not stopping the club from spending on more. Doesn’t impact us at all this year, except the buyout but we knew that was coming (who really cares for how much).

Questioning Manning is fair, but i would rather focus on what is next and having a beer in the stands.

Are we going with yutes for Wingbacks/fullbacks or are we signing someone?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    Been trying to change the subject, because it is done. Manning would not have done it on his own, so someone above knew. It is not stopping the club from spending on more. Doesn’t impact us at all this year, except the buyout but we knew that was coming (who really cares for how much).

Questioning Manning is fair, but i would rather focus on what is next and having a beer in the stands.

For me, this seems to be the last piece of the immediate puzzle before the season starts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gogon View Post
    He hasn't had a properly defined role in several seasons. He was our DM when he got here and was decent at it.

But he's had many midfield roles over his career. He was a number eight in Roma, he was a playmaker at Hereenven. He wasn't really a DM until he came here, but when that was his sole task he was better than average at it AND could spring guys going forward.

But he has always been at his poorest when forced to cover a ton of midfield ground or do too much. When he tries to force himself into the play. Gerrard, Lampard etc are guys who were lynchpin connectors between the front and back. That's not what he's likely being tasked with. BB is a guy who wants strongly defined roles, and the idea of him roaming around between lines as he has since about 2018 is probably not what we're going to see.

So it's an apples and oranges comparison, I suspect. In a three-man mid, he'll likely be tasked with staying middle or back, as Poz will always be forward, and depending on which side of the field we're playing to.

We won't have a single DM, we'll have two, with neither getting much further forward than just outside the top of the box at any time.

The thing is, it's a high-energy system and his father's not a dope. So he'll be platooned to a degree with Priso and Okello, I suspect. I wouldn't be surprised if, barring injury, Osorio and Pozuelo were pencilled in to start pretty much all the time and the rest of the options share the remainder, with Ralph also occasionally spotting Osorio.
    Last edited by jloome; 02-14-2022 at 06:43 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post

I am also interested to see who is the next home grown signing now that it appears Kobe Franklin to be pursuing other opportunities? Does Kosi Thompson step up and grab the opportunities? Do we see one of the trialist like Kadin Chung getting a deal?

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not posted here yet, but I think we all knew this was official

The irony in him joining Santos is that it was only possible because we signed Soteldo and saved them from their transfer ban for failing to pay for Yefe' original transfer to Santos. Otherwise, Santos couldn't have registered Auro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

roster is pretty small to start the season...21 without counting singh lawrence and insigne...probably signing chung as a backup rb and then at least two of walkes thompson mbongue and viader

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd it's just a loan, why a big thank you and goodbye post?