Page 138 of 191 FirstFirst ... 3888128134135136137138139140141142148188 ... LastLast
Results 4,111 to 4,140 of 5705
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    Chris Mavinga is still in Toronto but was at the TFC training ground. Maybe he picked up a small injury and needed to stay behind or he's dealing something personal.
    His next insta story has him driving and then in text is the Congo flag and then the prayer emoji. Maybe he's getting called up for their match on Feb 1.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    His next insta story has him driving and then in text is the Congo flag and then the prayer emoji. Maybe he's getting called up for their match on Feb 1.
    That would make sense. Looks like it's just a friendly on Feb 1, with their next games being two home/away games at the end of March. If they win that, they're threw to the World Cup. I know Mavinga hasn't played much with Congo of late, but would be really cool for him to be able to make it, even if just on an extended roster.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Ranjitsingh is pretty well regarded in the league. He was the pool goalie they used for that Philly playoff game where most of the first team was out.
    I thought he was really good in that playoff game. Seems like a smart signing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just listened to MLS Extra Time. They think Jozy could be a max TAM player, which certainly explains why TFC are hoping they can do a buyout at something less than 100 cents on the dollar.

They think the likeliest landing spots for him are Orlando, SKC and Colorado.

(Also they think he could maybe score 25 goals. )
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With many of the recent signings (young and old, including the new GK Greg Ranjitsingh), and the draft, very interesting that they're really loading up on the CanCon. Surprising especially under Bob Bradley, as mentioned above. We were expecting that TFC would try to capitalize on the current CMNT buzz and the upcoming World Cups, and as the club mentioned there may still be a player coming in from that group. However these other Cdn signings and drafts have all been from outside the CMNT camp. I would not expect Bob Bradley to agree to any of that for sentimental reasons, so they must see a practical reason for this making sense. I'm totally fine and very happy with it if there's some kind of plan behind it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Just listened to MLS Extra Time. They think Jozy could be a max TAM player, which certainly explains why TFC are hoping they can do a buyout at something less than 100 cents on the dollar.

If that’s where they are trying to go, it’s even more surprising that he isn’t in camp or being visible about being fit training at home. Would enhance his and TFC’s bargaining power enormously.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh here we go again...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Oh here we go again...
    Sorry sorry sorry

We should actually be talking about Ayo getting that U 22 contract. Does that mean he is the number 9, with Perruzza and Achara behind him, and we are done?
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    If that’s where they are trying to go, it’s even more surprising that he isn’t in camp or being visible about being fit training at home. Would enhance his and TFC’s bargaining power enormously.
    Flipside with his injury record is keep him as far away from injury risk as possible.

Max tam seems wildly ambitious but if we pull it off it would be great. I assume this means we're actively shopping him and have at least some reason to believe we can pull it off so let's see how it plays out

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just listened to this... I don't think they've paid attention to Jozy at all the past few seasons.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    I thought he was really good in that playoff game. Seems like a smart signing.
    I thought he was the backup and didn't play in the game.
    https://www.mlssoccer.com/competitio...5-2021/lineups says Freese was the Union's keeper that game

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've watched a lot of Spurs games and always thought Moura would be a superstar in MLS. Hopefully it was us asking about him.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry sorry sorry

We should actually be talking about Ayo getting that U 22 contract. Does that mean he is the number 9, with Perruzza and Achara behind him, and we are done?
    Wasn't necessarily directed at you.

I keep hearing that Ayo is still a few months away from being able to play. And I think the kid signed today would be a backup that gets eased in now and then while appropriate. My guess is that they're still going for another top striker talent, or at least a GOOD veteran.

In addition to Perruzza and Achara, the full list of players that they classify as "Forward" in the roster on the torontofc.ca website is pretty funny. Maybe it's just my hope that they still sign someone else, especially as I expect Jozy to be gone. My sense is that there are still a number of moving parts all at once, hopefully they have time to get it all worked out. (Otherwise I get déjà vu of the frustrations of the last two seasons and beyond...)
    Last edited by Auzzy; 01-21-2022 at 03:22 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd rather give Robert Beric a max TAM deal over Jozy. Usual caveats apply, but it is time to move on and it has been for awhile.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, the club announced the Delgado trade a few minutes ago.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jozy has not been interested in getting up to game fitness for the last few years. Why would he start now? Still getting paid whether he does or not....

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    I'd rather give Robert Beric a max TAM deal over Jozy. Usual caveats apply, but it is time to move on and it has been for awhile.
    My understanding is that the other MLS team would be giving him the max TAM deal. And perhaps that it could be a "mutual" three-way agreement where Jozy ends up with more money overall in the end, but TFC doesn't have to buy out the full contract amount.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re fitness: They must believe Ayo has recovered or he doesn’t get that contract. Clubs have medical for exactly that reason.

And how Jozy passes a medical at another club if he hasn’t been training is beyond me, but apparently it’s unwelcome to raise this point.

On the issue of strikers, Bradley spoke to systems patterns and movement when asked about Insigne’s absence. So assuming they will want to rely on his service as well as his Google, do we then look for lots of Shaff crosses on the first half of the season to a goal poacher like Peruzza, or will they be working on movement to create space for Insigne and therefore we see other players to be named later get more time. Or?

Someone who played how Jozy did with Seba ie runs off each other, creative use of movement and space - would be very effective.
    Last edited by MightyDM; 01-21-2022 at 04:09 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My understanding is that the other MLS team would be giving him the max TAM deal. And perhaps that it could be a "mutual" three-way agreement where Jozy ends up with more money overall in the end, but TFC doesn't have to buy out the full contract amount.
    Ahhh. I misread ensco's post. I thought they were implying that TFC was trying to make Jozy a max TAM player.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    I just listened to this... I don't think they've paid attention to Jozy at all the past few seasons.
    Yeah we have been going on the "if he is healthy he could get xxx goals this season" for a few years....but he is never fully healthy as we know. The Jozy we knew in 2017 is not coming back for us or any other team. He will be on the treatment table for the majority of the time for any future contract for anyone who takes him on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My understanding is that the other MLS team would be giving him the max TAM deal. And perhaps that it could be a "mutual" three-way agreement where Jozy ends up with more money overall in the end, but TFC doesn't have to buy out the full amount.
    This is kind of what happens in MLB. If a player is released, that team has to pay the full contract, however if they sign a contract with a new team the amount that the new team plays the player is deducted from the original contract.

So if Team A owes a player $5M and they release them. The player then signs a $1M contract with team B. Team A only has to pay $4M and Team B pays $1M.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Ahhh. I misread ensco's post. I thought they were implying that TFC was trying to make Jozy a max TAM player.
    I don't actually know anything, and I'm gonna insist on sticking with that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    Jozy has not been interested in getting up to game fitness for the last few years. Why would he start now? Still getting paid whether he does or not....
    The speculation from MLS Xtra time was that three teams could be interested in him as a max TAM player - see Enscos post above - for that to work he would need to be fit and show that he is fit.

(I totally disagree with your post but have been asked not to keep saying that, so I won’t get into it)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

if he can stay healthy and actually play a full seasons there is no doubt he can score 25.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The speculation from MLS Xtra time was that three teams could be interested in him as a max TAM player - see Enscos post above - for that to work he would need to be fit and show that he is fit.

(I totally disagree with your post but have been asked not to keep saying that, so I won’t get into it)
    Yeah I get it and agree he would need to be fit and show it. No doubt. Jozy and his lack of fitness is just a sore spot topic over the past few years I guess with many including me. But hey we are totally free to disagree with that.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

jabbronies, MightyDM, Joe Kool, and everyone else:

We are all extremely interested in the ongoing Jozy discussion. In fact so much so that there's a whole thread dedicated just to that!

http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/showth...-Thread/page13

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

jabbronies, MightyDM, Joe Kool, and everyone else:

We are all extremely interested in the ongoing Jozy discussion. In fact so much so that there's a whole thread dedicated just to that!

http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/showth...-Thread/page13
    So he is the one player we are not allowed to discuss in the roster thread? Am I reading that right?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    So he is the one player we are not allowed to discuss in the roster thread? Am I reading that right?
    There have been page and pages (and pages) of discussions in this thread of when Jozy was fit or not, how much of his issues were his own doing or the club's fault, tea leaf reading of anything related to Jozy, etc. Do you think we will get any further on that on Page 138 of this thread? Maybe on page 145?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There have been page and pages (and pages) of discussions in this thread of when Jozy was fit or not, how much of his issues were his own doing or the club's fault, tea leaf reading of anything related to Jozy, etc. Do you think we will get any further on that on Page 138 of this thread? Maybe on page 145?
    He is currently on the roster and someone is making a comment referring to him so I have the right to respond. End of story. I won't be told by anyone to be quiet and move along now to another thread. And the sarcastic questions at the end of your last post is not really doing the trick for me either...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    I thought he was the backup and didn't play in the game.
    https://www.mlssoccer.com/competitio...5-2021/lineups says Freese was the Union's keeper that game
    Could have been. I watched that match but just know the 2 GKs on the Union were both unknown guys. Either way, seems like a decent move for cheap. Bono & Q won't be around forever.