Page 114 of 191 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118124164 ... LastLast
Results 3,391 to 3,420 of 5705
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    It’s tough to tell if this guy has actual sources or is just taking educated guesses about what might happen any portraying that as “inside info”

That’s sort of the question mark.
    I have no idea how anyone could have randomly guessed Salcedo to TFC. Seems impossible.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This “Sources” thing on rumours that are already out there is an interesting business model for guys trying to become the next Romano. Even better if there are 2-3 guys in different markets using each other to drive content.

It definitely drives clicks and, eventually, I guess you hope that agents maybe will start talking to you, even “using” you.

If it winds up not happening, well, the dog barks but the caravan moves on.
    Last edited by ensco; 01-13-2022 at 12:23 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re the Bellotti rumours….

they spoke to him a while go to gauge his interest. At the time it was shot down as his desire is/was to play in CL. That being said I know they reached out again after the Insinge signing.

I think he will hold out to stay in Europe and keep our offer as an option or leverage against other teams.

side note who would want to live in Newcastle? When you have significantly better options?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    I have no idea how anyone could have randomly guessed Salcedo to TFC. Seems impossible.
    Oh sure somebody talked to an agent or Tigres, who wanted it known that there is an auction happening on Salcedo. That part feels real. That's also how Neil Davidson got enough to run with.

It's this “he's coming: confirmed” part that has my attention. It's almost like having multiple guys do it means no single guy wears it if it isn’t true, which means nobody gets discredited. You live to fight again. That's the neat bit that is new.

In the meantime, look at the clicks and follows all these guys are driving the last two weeks… this takes chutzpah. I am genuinely impressed.
    Last edited by ensco; 01-13-2022 at 12:29 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Forbes doesn’t exist, according to others in this thread.
    Here's a thread on twitter outlining his extensive efforts to prove he isn't fake, which he clearly is.

https://twitter.com/firetransfers/st...13976933232654

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Oh sure somebody talked to an agent or Tigres, who wanted it known that there is an auction happening on Salcedo. That part feels real.

It's this “he's coming: confirmed” part that has my attention. It's almost like having multiple guys do it means no single guy wears it if it isn’t true, which means nobody gets discredited. You live to fight again. That's the neat bit that is new.

In the meantime, look at the clicks and follows all these guys are driving the last two weeks… this takes chutzpah. I am genuinely impressed.
    Every time someone who has zero real-world media experience quotes "sources" and they have less than, say, 100,000 supporters, ask yourself why they would be someone that a person at MLSE would leak to, rather than leaking to a major media agency with major coverage. A leak is designed to get attention, and leaks generally go to the people who get the most. That's never these guys.

Also, it was reported out of Mexico yesterday that a part-trade deal might be in the works with Tigres, which is why we were all speculating (perhaps praying) it would be Jozy. Everything since then is just a combination of what we already know and speculation. It can only be one of two players, as we know who needs to go.

So... yeah, just all reeks of one guy (usually Fabrizio Romano, an actual reporter) gets a leak out there, a bunch of fan sites and aggregators pick it up and run with it and because it came from overseas, and most people don't search Google News for keywords, they know they an claim it as a 'scoop' or 'exclusive' or 'leak' because most people here haven't seen it yet.

The only reason it seems more reliable than guys just making it up is because they're taking the info from actual reporters, overseas, who do the real work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Every time someone who has zero real-world media experience quotes "sources" and they have less than, say, 100,000 supporters, ask yourself why they would be someone that a person at MLSE would leak to, rather than leaking to a major media agency with major coverage. A leak is designed to get attention, and leaks generally go to the people who get the most. That's never these guys.

Also, it was reported out of Mexico yesterday that a part-trade deal might be in the works with Tigres, which is why we were all speculating (perhaps praying) it would be Jozy. Everything since then is just a combination of what we already know and speculation. It can only be one of two players, as we know who needs to go.

So... yeah, just all reeks of one guy (usually Fabrizio Romano, an actual reporter) gets a leak out there, a bunch of fan sites and aggregators pick it up and run with it and because it came from overseas, and most people don't search Google News for keywords, they know they an claim it as a 'scoop' or 'exclusive' or 'leak' because most people here haven't seen it yet.

The only reason it seems more reliable than guys just making it up is because they're taking the info from actual reporters, overseas, who do the real work.
    I wouldn't be surprised if the leaks are coming from intermediaries. I'm so sure that Andrea D'Amico is the source of all the Italian leaks so far.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if the leaks are coming from intermediaries. I'm so sure that Andrea D'Amico is the source of all the Italian leaks so far.
    Probably true. They're still going to leak to who gets them the most coverage, which is why so many of these stories originate with Romano at Sky Sports.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unless he does have some media experience/connections and a lot of supporters on his real name Twitter and uses this Will Forbes name as a front so his real name doesn't get ruined by leaking rumors.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unless he does have some media experience/connections and a lot of supporters on his real name Twitter and uses this Will Forbes name as a front so his real name doesn't get ruined by leaking rumors.
    Lots of people use pennames. They don't generally go to the effort of cutting-and-pasting over their grad certificate to prove the person is real, or claiming they live in a different city from their actual location.

Also, the same debunkers point out in another thread that among his followers were thousands of fake accounts originating in Russia.

His real name is in the thread, he was pretty clearly found out more than a year ago.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe to get things a little bit more focused on the roster, Salcedo looks like a great get for the team. Strong physical defender who is still at the top of his game. Seems like exactly who we needed and he’s still in his prime so can lead our defensive line for the next few years.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting. Who the hell knows than. Maybe they are just really good aggregators.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    Maybe to get things a little bit more focused on the roster, Salcedo looks like a great get for the team. Strong physical defender who is still at the top of his game. Seems like exactly who we needed and he’s still in his prime so can lead our defensive line for the next few years.
    Have you watched enough of Seattle to comment on O'Neill? Does anyone know if he's starting material? There seem to be a lot of positive comments about him online but he also seemed to be number on option off the bench, not starting most of the time.

My suspicion is it would be Salcedo-Mavinga most of the time.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope we see a renaissance from Mavinga. The amount of amateur mistakes he made last season or two just didn't seem like him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have you watched enough of Seattle to comment on O'Neill? Does anyone know if he's starting material? There seem to be a lot of positive comments about him online but he also seemed to be number on option off the bench, not starting most of the time.

Quick glance at his stats, and it appears he started more often that not.
    https://www.soundersfc.com/players/s...ill/match-log/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know nothing about O’Neill. It seemed he played in nearly every game for Seattle last season, either starting or coming off the bench late in a game. I’d prefer if he’s our fourth CB. Having a strong 3rd CB will be important. We can expect Kemar and Salcedo to be away for international duties at times (and maybe Mavinga), so having strong backups will be important.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have followed both of these guys for a while. Forbes misses a lot and Rollins does as well but in this window there is no comparison. Whether it's good guesses and/or luck I have no idea, but Forbes is batting near .1000 and Rollins is pretty far south of the Mendoza line.

I'm not sold on Belotti coming either because he's 28 and has options but the wildcard is money. Some guys want to stay home and play in European competitions or go chase some bucks wherever. I don't know much of Belotti besides watching him play so I have no idea if money talks for him or if he has continental ambitions. For me, this is totally up in the air and I bet it will drag out a long, long time. One thing I bet Forbes is 100% wrong about is his overuse of the word "SOON".
    I agree on Belotti. For lots of reasons, it doesn’t have the ring of truth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not our job to get him ready for wherever he plays next. Nobody is giving us anything for him and he will be bought out so him working out a training regimen for his next team is his problem, not ours.

From what was reported he had problems with Vanney too but Vanney just told the other players to ignore him and leave him to go play on his own. He just didn't push it to the Armas level because it would destabilize the squad.
    It actually is our problem. If Jozy shows that he still can run - last year he showed that he still has touch - there is a material market for him. Could be included in a Tigres deal for example. If he doesn’t he is entirely our cost. It’s completely backwards not to showcase him in some way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoodson View Post
    Re the Bellotti rumours….

they spoke to him a while go to gauge his interest. At the time it was shot down as his desire is/was to play in CL. That being said I know they reached out again after the Insinge signing.

I think he will hold out to stay in Europe and keep our offer as an option or leverage against other teams.

side note who would want to live in Newcastle? When you have significantly better options?
    Now THIS is a source.

PS Newcastle is fantastic. Gritty. Great history. And the guys wear tee shirts and the lassies mini skirts, in January.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinamoTFC View Post
    I hope we see a renaissance from Mavinga. The amount of amateur mistakes he made last season or two just didn't seem like him.
    Last season in particular there was a lot of off the field things going on (I believe he mentioned them on his Twitter) that for sure I think took his mind out of the game most of the time.
    Re-focused, new manager and renewed excitement for the team as a whole should drive him back to where is was in prior years.

I feel like most others on the board that it will be Salcedo-Mavinga in the centre for as many times as we can (with O'Neill coming in as a sub or covering international duties).
    One more CB that is serviceable would be great to rest Mavinga here and there as well.
    Still think we need to get one more Full-back, or make a 100% commitment to move Shaffleburg there (as I feel his speed from that deep would be a better weapon).
    Toronto FC,#CMNT & #CWNT, Scotland, Heart of Midlothian FC, Tottenham Hotspur FC
    "The Harder the Struggle, The Greater the Reward" - @OsoJ92

AWAY DAYS - CHICAGO August 2017, MONTREAL March 2018

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It actually is our problem. If Jozy shows that he still can run - last year he showed that he still has touch - there is a material market for him. Could be included in a Tigres deal for example. If he doesn’t he is entirely our cost. It’s completely backwards not to showcase him in some way.
    Nobody will buy him as is, regardless of watching him run around in training or even if he starts the first 5 matches. Facts are facts; he will get injured and often. Everyone knows it, even people caught up too much in his legend to see the writing on the wall. If anyone did take him, it would be a loan without a guaranteed buy option so his DP spot would still be eaten. Also there's still the negative effect of him being a 'cloud' over the team and franky, our season is more important than finding him a new home and possibly re-couping a few bucks.

Thanks for your time Jozy. All the best. TFC not for life.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://www.mediotiempo.com/futbol/l...ldo-toronto-fc

Salcedo as a DP? I certainly hope not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC/Everton View Post
    https://www.mediotiempo.com/futbol/l...ldo-toronto-fc

Salcedo as a DP? I certainly hope not.
    I think he'll be coming on a Michael Bradley deal. 1.5 million per year. Use the Richie money on him this year and then Michael Bradley comes off the books next year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    I think he'll be coming on a Michael Bradley deal. 1.5 million per year. Use the Richie money on him this year and then Michael Bradley comes off the books next year.
    I certainly hope so.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think there is a misunderstanding of a DP. In the last paragraph they suggest you can pay a sort of tax if you want to add more than three DPs.

Of course no such thing exists, but it sounds like a misinterpretation of a TAM deal à la Bradley.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is exactly zero market for Jozy under his current contract. Bought out, free agent and willing to take a pay cut with a huge cheque in his back pocket? Sure. Maybe if he's willing to waive millions of dollars and take a pay cut to go elsewhere, sure, but he'd be crazy to do that on his last big contract. But willing to fully take over TFCs contract? 0.0% chance. Nobody, anywhere, in any league, under any circumstances. It's not happening.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RealG-TFC View Post
    I think there is a misunderstanding of a DP. In the last paragraph they suggest you can pay a sort of tax if you want to add more than three DPs.

Of course no such thing exists, but it sounds like a misinterpretation of a TAM deal à la Bradley.
    Good catch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now THIS is a source.

PS Newcastle is fantastic. Gritty. Great history. And the guys wear tee shirts and the lassies mini skirts, in January.
    Sounds like wanting to live out your days in Lethbridge. I mean, people do it, but….

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    There is exactly zero market for Jozy under his current contract. Bought out, free agent and willing to take a pay cut with a huge cheque in his back pocket? Sure. Maybe if he's willing to waive millions of dollars and take a pay cut to go elsewhere, sure, but he'd be crazy to do that on his last big contract. But willing to fully take over TFCs contract? 0.0% chance. Nobody, anywhere, in any league, under any circumstances. It's not happening.
    Especially when everyone knows a buyout is coming.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd like to point out that Insigne chose us over a 7 million euro offer from Newcastle - we've already beaten them out for one offer.

http://www.thehardtackle.com/news/20...renzo-insigne/