Page 38 of 191 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888138 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 5705
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Luanda View Post
    PASS, the guy is 35 years old in a matter of days!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Just say no to ancient Italians.
    Agreed. I would imagine whoever they bring in is in part to be a buddy for Insigne. Someone to talk Italian with and hang out with to help him settle in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    sportswitness notorious for making shit up.
    The report is about a guy speaking on Italian TV. You think they made that up?

The bulk of what sportswitness do is translate and aggregate foreign language soccer media into English.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post

The bulk of what sportswitness do is translate and aggregate foreign language soccer media into English.
    The original source is Caliciomercato in Italy. Which Reddit has listed as a tier 4/unreliable source. So not really much we can take from anything they say.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    The original source is Caliciomercato in Italy. Which Reddit has listed as a tier 4/unreliable source. So not really much we can take from anything they say.
    That doesn't really negate my previous point. Posting something like the below isnt "making shit up"

Journalist Fabio Santini appeared as a guest on 7 Gold’s program, Il Processo, where he revealed that Spurs are ‘on pole’ to sign the Italy international.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That doesn't really negate my previous point. Posting something like the below isnt "making shit up"

Journalist Fabio Santini appeared as a guest on 7 Gold’s program, Il Processo, where he revealed that Spurs are ‘on pole’ to sign the Italy international.
    So he is now willing to work for less than he got this year because Spurs aren't going higher than that.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Agreed. I would imagine whoever they bring in is in part to be a buddy for Insigne. Someone to talk Italian with and hang out with to help him settle in.

So not the other guy who speaks Italian in the team....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It’s also nearly two months old, one of two Genoa players they said we were going to sign. You can still find it if you hunt around Google news. Neither of the players looks likely, both average careers and north of 30.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Two! Michael Bradley and Jordan Peruzza are both fluent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wasn’t trying to negate/argue - just add additional context.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Maybe I am wrong? Sorry?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The annual expansion draft goes tonight at 7 eastern on the official MLS website. Bogert says to expect some trades after the draft concludes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    The annual expansion draft goes tonight at 7 eastern on the official MLS website. Bogert says to expect some trades after the draft concludes.
    I wonder if Lawrence wants out. He left Belgium to be closer to family but that likely hasn’t happened here. They may have left him unprotected because Charlotte already has a left back back but that doesn’t stop them from taking him then trading him. The guy is a really solid, consistent defender and we don’t have many.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    I wonder if Lawrence wants out. He left Belgium to be closer to family but that likely hasn’t happened here. They may have left him unprotected because Charlotte already has a left back back but that doesn’t stop them from taking him then trading him. The guy is a really solid, consistent defender and we don’t have many.
    I rate Lawrence, it looked like he was really growing into playing CB and it would suck to lose him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Having 30 teams in the league is so ridiculous, the supporters shield means nothing in unbalanced schedule, either have promotion/relegation, get rid of the supporters shield or split the league in two because its just farcical at this point.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i know no one with any credibility is reporting serious spurs interest in insigne.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Enjoy him while it lasts kids. Let’s hope this amounts to a decent pile of allocation money.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

AG beat me to it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel sort of cheating in that we don’t even know what this kid is capable of yet and he’s already leaving lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's great that Marshall-Rutty is getting so much attention, don't get me wrong, I'm just a bit confused why that is. It's not like he's some Davies-level can't-miss prospect, or at least, he hasn't shown that yet.

Are we possibly not better off signing him to a 2 or 3 year deal and giving him a ton of minutes to showcase him, then sell him for a bigger fee? Obviously you'd need him to be okay with signing that deal, and maybe he's fully set on Europe... I dunno, feels like if he turns out to be worth this much attention, from clubs like Liverpool and such, we're missing out on millions of dollars in a transfer fee if we're selling him as soon as possible when he hasn't really accomplished anything in a professional league yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Don’t think we have a choice. We can get a sell-on fee but unlikely he’d ever resign here given the interest abroad.

Whatever it is this kid offers, coaches must really see it in training and be wowed by it. Tough to see in games as he’s not yet physically mature.

I sort of wonder if he’s really a forward or more of a midfielder.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    I feel sort of cheating in that we don’t even know what this kid is capable of yet and he’s already leaving lol
    I haven't seen enough of JMR to know where he plays best, but I thought he looked good at RWB this year.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/people/fabio-santini/

he has a long history of making shit up, by the looks of it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    It's great that Marshall-Rutty is getting so much attention, don't get me wrong, I'm just a bit confused why that is. It's not like he's some Davies-level can't-miss prospect, or at least, he hasn't shown that yet.

Are we possibly not better off signing him to a 2 or 3 year deal and giving him a ton of minutes to showcase him, then sell him for a bigger fee? Obviously you'd need him to be okay with signing that deal, and maybe he's fully set on Europe... I dunno, feels like if he turns out to be worth this much attention, from clubs like Liverpool and such, we're missing out on millions of dollars in a transfer fee if we're selling him as soon as possible when he hasn't really accomplished anything in a professional league yet.
    He's on a six year deal with us (confirmed by Josh Kloke of the Athletic link below). He's completed 2 of those years, so we don't need to re-sign him, he's already signed. He was signed at age 15 with the intention of selling him at 18 or 19.
    https://theathletic.com/2530082/2021...ty-toronto-fc/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What did he sign age 15 or whatever that would stand up in a court of law?

This is where I make the same comment every time this comes up:

It is immoral to “sell” an underage minor. It is often illegal. It was wrong with Phonzie, and it would be here.

If the kid wants to play for Arsenal, or whomever, best of luck to him. If the team he goes to will pay for the privilege, it should ALL go to him and his family.
    Last edited by ensco; 12-14-2021 at 07:14 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    What did he sign age 15 or whatever that would stand up in a court of law?

This is where I make the same comment every time this comes up:

It is immoral to “sell” an underage minor. It is often illegal. It was wrong with Phonzie, and it would be here.

If the kid wants to play for Arsenal, or whomever, best of luck to him. If the team he goes to will pay for the privilege, it should ALL go to him and his family.
    We legally aren’t allowed to sell him until he’s 18 (as Bogert’s followup tweet says).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We legally aren’t allowed to SIGN him until he’s 18 (as Bogert’s followup tweet says).
    Fixed
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We didn't lose any players

Last edited by rydermike; 12-14-2021 at 07:50 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Fixed
    Not sure if you're getting at what we should be able to do or are legally able to. TFC can legally sign him - TFC did it and have done similar things before. I agree there's questionable morality in signing a young player (particularly to a very long term contract) and also selling/profiting off of that player when we likely weren't compensating them for the value they brought to the team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Amir. View Post
    they can, but how many teams wanna give 350k+ to a left back turning 30
    indeed they didnt take lawrence...took left back mora who is turning 29 and made 200k last season