Page 154 of 191 FirstFirst ... 54104144150151152153154155156157158164 ... LastLast
Results 4,591 to 4,620 of 5705
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh TFC twitter. It's match day.... But you can't watch lol

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's keep this thread on topic. There's a general TFC thread for complaining about lack of streams, and there is a Manning evaluation thread for discussion of his managerial decisions. This thread is about the ROSTER and the new coach.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, took a discussion of how are signings have gotten along with their teammates to the Manning thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven’t seen anyone mention this but happy to see that we’re giving Kadin Chung a trial as well. Regardless of if he can make the team or not the CPL is doing exactly what I think many had hoped for. Creating that pathway for players to get real minutes and and still have a chance to find their way into bigger leagues.

Alastair Johnston was speaking about his early preseason in Montreal and how impressed he is with Waterman - there’s definitely potential for us to unlock some good talent that just needed more time. Looking forward to seeing McNaughton and Chung if he can cut it.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by barticusz View Post
    I haven’t seen anyone mention this but happy to see that we’re giving Kadin Chung a trial as well. Regardless of if he can make the team or not the CPL is doing exactly what I think many had hoped for. Creating that pathway for players to get real minutes and and still have a chance to find their way into bigger leagues.

Alastair Johnston was speaking about his early preseason in Montreal and how impressed he is with Waterman - there’s definitely potential for us to unlock some good talent that just needed more time. Looking forward to seeing McNaughton and Chung if he can cut it.
    Very happy with the sheer number of CPL trialists - we should be able to find a couple more diamonds in the rough.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Erickson Gallardo returning to Zamora, the team we signed him from. Has been playing pre-season matches with them. There was an earlier report about Inter Miami being interested

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    Oh TFC twitter. It's match day.... But you can't watch lol

Just to follow through… lost 5-4, kids with all the goals

Nelson
    Kerr x2
    Perruzza

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jesus Jimenez seems to be a very close deal according to some Polish journalists.

https://twitter.com/sz_janczyk/status/1487727056712572930?s=20&t=EPb7c50_AOUgzRRIHpqpzA

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep. Looks like the journos in Poland are convinced that Jimenez is coming. Could be a sneaky good signing.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Yep. Looks like the journos in Poland are convinced that Jimenez is coming. Could be a sneaky good signing.
    650k euro transfer fee - I think we can get him on a pretty good contract so this won't eat up too much xAM. Very good deal for a double-digit goal scorer from Poland.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here is a tweet verifying what myself and Yuush are talking about. Also some fresh chatter about Mertens/TFC coming from Italy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Of note on Jimenez was that he was a also a target of a Liga MX team.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I say this as someone who has left the prediction business, but I find the Mertens rumour hard to fully engage in. I would think he would have to be a DP. I assume he can make TAM type money in Belgium or Holland,
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why would we want another left sided attacker?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With Mertens and Giovinco, tfc could have three guys under 5’5”! How do you say no aerial threat?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Why would we want another left winger?
    This season he's only played CF with 9 goals, 4 assists in 21 matches.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I say this as someone who has left the prediction business, but I find the Mertens rumour hard to fully engage in. I would think he would have to be a DP. I assume he can make TAM type money in Belgium or Holland,
    Feels like a team built more for this season and next season where I think we need to be looking at the next 1-2 years for the team to gel and be peaking. Don’t really want big money guys already on a big downslope next year.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As we watch the Canada MNT volcano get ready to blow, an interesting question for the team leadership about 2022 is: is it worth it to go for it at all in 2022?

Seems to be that TFC in the fall will likely be “lost” in the coming hysteria about Qatar. Sportsnet will become the Phonzie Bayern network. We are going to get Porto and Lille games on the big networks too. It'll be wild, and I don't necessarily see it rubbing off on TFC in 2022.

Maybe better to focus on 2023 in terms of ultimate player moves, championship ambition etc regardless.
    Last edited by ensco; 01-30-2022 at 10:19 AM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    He was quoted in Belgium less than a week ago saying he has no interest at this time in moving to MLS. I mean, I think Insigne said the same thing initially, so...

But it seems less likely.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

According to his Wikipedia page, Jiminez, who is Spanish, is a six-foot left winger, not a striker. But he had a sudden upsurge in goals three seasons ago so perhaps in Poland they moved him inside.

EDIT: Yeah, Trasnfermarkt lists him as a center forward.
    https://www.transfermarkt.us/jesus-j...spieler/510545

44% of his team's goals this season. He's rated at $2.2M but has a release clause for $650K, and his deal expires in summer, so they'll be looking for whatever they can get.
    Last edited by jloome; 01-30-2022 at 11:13 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This story says Salcedo is late to camp because he's in a dispute with Tigres over a promised 10% of the transfer fee. TFC has apparently suggested he lodge a complaint with FIFA.

https://www.futboltotal.com.mx/futbo...a-fifa/2022/01

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    This story says Salcedo is late to camp because he's in a dispute with Tigres over a promised 10% of the transfer fee. TFC has apparently suggested he lodge a complaint with FIFA.

Is there no one at MLSE with a manila envelope and petty cash who could just put this saga to an end already.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How does stuff like this happen? Maybe it’s dirt obvious to me because I work in banking and deal with this crap all the time but if I were TFC, it’s in my interest to ensure the 10% Salcedo expects gets held in trust pending completion of the deal then goes directly to his bank account. Tigres should never touch it.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Why would we want another left sided attacker?
    You have never seen a winger switch sides? Geez , talk of Mertens coming to Toronto and now the fans are worried about where he would be positioned WOW

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doing business in Mexico comes at a cost.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kudos I believe to TFC/Everton and portu on early identification of JJ.

ensco, odd you mentioned Poz may 'move on' a few days ago and viola, suddenly TFC trots him out / Buffery reports... all is good. Hmmm... interesting?

jloome, Jimenez has also played RF/RW; Mertens could also drop into AM.

If, say in a 4-2-1-3, some how? Budget/Cap wise... combo of the following...
    ---Insigne ---- Belotti/Destro/Jimenez/Mertens --- Jimenez/Seba
    ----------------------Mertens/Seba for Poz----------------

If Poz may be in fact moving on? Within MLS? Does it benefit- help with the funny money for any of these possible in-comings?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section 223 View Post
    You have never seen a winger switch sides? Geez , talk of Mertens coming to Toronto and now the fans are worried about where he would be positioned WOW
    Was talking about Jiminez....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

According to Transfermarkt, Jimenez has started every game this year as a CF. Really excited for this signing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    According to Transfermarkt, Jimenez has started every game this year as a CF. Really excited for this signing.
    A Polish paper said Tijuana in Liga MX was going to come in for him if they didn't get their first target, a Spanish forward... but they got the Spanish forward, so he's still available, basically.

His background as a Spanish lower league player and winger probably worked against him. Sort of a Josef Martinez-lite situation. But it appears since moving to forward he's been a double digit scorer for his club, in a league quite similar in overall ability to MLS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A Polish paper said Tijuana in Liga MX was going to come in for him if they didn't get their first target, a Spanish forward... but they got the Spanish forward, so he's still available, basically.

His background as a Spanish lower league player and winger probably worked against him. Sort of a Josef Martinez-lite situation. But it appears since moving to forward he's been a double digit scorer for his club, in a league quite similar in overall ability to MLS.
    The Polish League seems like one of those leagues that translates well to MLS. Our record with Spaniards has been pretty good. Minus Aketxe.