Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default 2021-2022 MLS off-season transfers (non-TFC)

Post any news here.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A rumours account has Zavaleta to LA to play under Vanney again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LAFC appear to be on verge of selling their DM Eduard Atuesta, one of the best in the league.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/news/sourc...a-to-palmeiras

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure if credible but maybe a little too off-beat to make up

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    LAFC appear to be on verge of selling their DM Eduard Atuesta, one of the best in the league.

This was rumoured a few weeks ago and I thought it made no sense. I thought they moved MAK because of Atuesta. Bizarre.
    Last edited by ensco; 12-12-2021 at 02:28 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Charlotte has made some trades:

- GK Pablo Sisniega from LAFC for $50k GAM
    - DF Jaylin Lindasy from SKC for $325k GAM
    - acquired 2 International spots from Nashville for $500k GAM and the right to swap 2023 1st rounders

Dallas acquired 1 international spot from Nashville for $250k GAM
    NYCFC acquires 1 international spot from Nashville for $250k GAM
    LAFC acquired DF Franco Escobar from Atlanta for $600k GAM
    Nashville acquired Teal Bunbury from New England for up to $125k GAM
    Houston acquired DF Daniel Steres from LA Galaxy for 3rd round pick
    Nashville acquire FW Ethan Zubak from LA Galaxy for 1st round pick
    Red Bulls acquire Lewis Morgan from Inter Miami for $1.2M GAM (700k in 2022, 500k in 2023)

Inter Miami sign Jean Mota from Santos FC

Nashville traded 4(!) international spots today
    Last edited by rydermike; 12-12-2021 at 08:51 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Isn’t Atuesta more box-to-box than outright DM?

If I were to compare him to someone on our roster, Osorio would probably be the closest fit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Isn’t Atuesta more box-to-box than outright DM?

If I were to compare him to someone on our roster, Osorio would probably be the closest fit.
    He has that skillset but he played a number six for LA most of the time, a straight holder.

Apparently they're getting $4M and Palmeiras is going to use him as their anchor.

That's a lot of money and they need to rebuild their attack as well, so that's probably why.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LAFC assembled an incredible haul of talent in the shortest time period, and didn’t use the chequebook, like Atlanta did.

Only to turnaround and sell all the guys they developed. Glad I don’t follow that team.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    LAFC assembled an incredible haul of talent in the shortest time period, and didn’t use the chequebook, like Atlanta did.

Only to turnaround and sell all the guys they developed. Glad I don’t follow that team.
    they could this offseason, too early to tell

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure LAFC has the desire to be great. I think they are comfortable being good. But there biggest supporter group doesn't celebrate anything but being there - and that's a problem because without feedback, its really easy in this league to accept 4th place and going out in the first round.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, since LAFC are full on selling…

I wonder if there is an Altidore for Vela swap out there.

Both guys have a year left, big injury histories, and neither wants to be where he is. Altidore costs almost $3M less than Vela (based on 2021 salary).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So let’s hope getting rid of MAK and the best central defender in league was not especially Bob Bradley’s doing. Those two sales leading to LAFC’s downfall has been my only reservation about Bradley as Technical Director.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mastroeni becomes permanent head coach of RSL. Only three openings are now Cincinnati Houston LAFC

Mansueto the owner of Chicago is also owner of FC Lugano and they transfer them a DP who didnt do well in Chicago

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm ... isn't this where Solteldo was linked? Does this mean they might not still be buying?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

apparently multiple brazilian clubs looked or looking at him...palmeiras flamengo corinthians...hard to see him staying with tfc

https://territoriomls.com/yeferson-s...engo-mls-2021/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, okay that’s big enough, at least no Garber bucks within MLS transfers and with the bucks later poorly spent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Minnesota United is in Brazil to discuss terms with Gilberto, our former striker, after his Serie A leading scoring season.

https://futebolbahiano.org/2021/12/p...fortaleza.html

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Minnesota United is in Brazil to discuss terms with Gilberto, our former striker, after his Serie A leading scoring season.

I just did a 5 minute dive on Bahia, which got relegated. They have a Ronaldo, a Riquelme, a Vinicius, two different Rais… but none of the right ones!

I have no idea what it means to lead Brazil in scoring for a last place team. But it might mean something incredible . There is nobody from Chicago, Cincinnati, Toronto, in the top 30 scorers in MLS.

Gilberto has scored everywhere, except MLS. Pro tip for Minnesota (and, maybe, TFC? This intrigues me- MB would of course have a very good read on the guy): loan him out and bring him in for July.

Gilberto was “ice cold” in the first half of 2014 and 2016 (no goals in ~25 games for TFC and Chicago). He did score 7 in the second half of 2014 here and 5 in the second half of 2015 in Chicago (he was on loan in Brazil in the spring of 2015 and scored a bunch for Vasco de Gama). I don’t think he can play in the northern climate.

Recall that aside from MB, his MF support was Collen Warner, Jackson and Alvaro Rey. He didn’t exactly get to really show us what he could do.
    Last edited by ensco; 12-14-2021 at 08:38 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eventually MLS will learn that the Brasileirao isn't a proven spot to land top DP level goal scorers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gilberto was “ice cold” in the first half of 2014 and 2016 (no goals in ~25 games for TFC and Chicago). He did score 7 in the second half of 2014 here and 5 in the second half of 2015 in Chicago (he was on loan in Brazil in the spring of 2015 and scored a bunch for Vasco de Gama). I don’t think he can play in the northern climate.

Recall that aside from MB, his MF support was Collen Warner, Jackson and Alvaro Rey. He didn’t exactly get to really show us what he could do.
    I'm not sure, but if I remember correctly, didn't Gilberto hit the post like 5 times in the first couple months? I always felt like it was a momentum thing and if a few of those went in from being an inch away, it would've boosted him confidence and he would've been a scoring machine. Instead, he was snake-bitten and sometimes that's hard to overcome. His free kick goal (the Defoe battle) is arguably one of the top free kick goals in MLS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cincinnati takes a gamble on a rookie head coach...though he was assistant of arena and curtin...only openings now are houston and lafc...rookie gm onstad taking his time trying to bring the right coach

Pat Noonan named FC Cincinnati head coach

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Amir. View Post
    Cincinnati takes a gamble on a rookie head coach...though he was assistant of arena and curtin...only openings now are houston and lafc...rookie gm onstad taking his time trying to bring the right coach

Pat Noonan named FC Cincinnati head coach
    I have a lot of respect for Pat Noonan's character, it will be interesting to see his new career as coach. Will it take off or will it kind of go sideways like Robbo did?
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Robinson is now in the a-league and doing well...whitecaps fans gotta appreciate him after seeing dos santos...robinson brought them to playoffs in three of his four full seasons and were still in the race when he got relieved in the fifth

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Robinson is now in the a-league and doing well...whitecaps fans gotta appreciate him after seeing dos santos...robinson brought them to playoffs in three of his four full seasons and were still in the race when he got relieved in the fifth
    Robbo is not doing well, he’s on the firing line, with his team languishing well below where they’re supposed to be. Story in the Guardian about it a couple of days ago.

https://www.theguardian.com/football...-to-alm-season
    Last edited by jloome; 12-14-2021 at 03:50 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anybody in the know in Vancouver has no desire to have him back.

I mean, unless you like Mo-Johnston style, all your players from one agency crap

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just did a 5 minute dive on Bahia, which got relegated. They have a Ronaldo, a Riquelme, a Vinicius, two different Rais… but none of the right ones!

I have no idea what it means to lead Brazil in scoring for a last place team. But it might mean something incredible . There is nobody from Chicago, Cincinnati, Toronto, in the top 30 scorers in MLS.

Gilberto has scored everywhere, except MLS. Pro tip for Minnesota (and, maybe, TFC? This intrigues me- MB would of course have a very good read on the guy): loan him out and bring him in for July.

He does well when he’s playing with guys who can set him up, which makes him a good finisher. He’d probably do well in Euro leagues as well. But MLS, as we’ve discussed recently on the board, is not as tactically coherent. It involves far more improvising and guys trying to beat the individual defender in transition than leagues where chances are served up based on breaking down an opponent’s shape.

So maybe he’s not enough of a chance creator to score a bunch here. Ole Kamara is sort of that way but also has that third gear to beat a high back line, which Gilberto to my memory really doesn’t.

MLS strikers are usually not so multi-dimension that they can survive without being either a) really fast b) really good on the ball, c) really strong. He’s more a proto-typical finisher, a fox-in-the-box or poacher. We didn’t give him much to finish, and neither did Chicago.

Also, it’s worth keeping in mind that his 22 goals took 55 games, which would put it at more in the 12-15 goal territory over an MLS season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Didnt look at this season which started recently but in his two seasons in australia hes done well overall...took newcastle from 11th to 8th then western sydney from 9th to 8th

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With what we currently have for strikers I would offer a TAM loan deal.