Page 58 of 191 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268108158 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,740 of 5705
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks tfc are going to sign a couple more italians Perruzza and Ayo Akinolino....i need to go to bed.this was fun yesterday and im sure it will be fun today

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright, it’s a new day so let’s please move on from this ridiculous net/gross discussion.

As per M. Singh’s latest, Belotti doesn’t seem likely and we are targeting another Seria A striker. Any speculation?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow! This thread sure got more interesting; a little banter with spice now and then between posters is exciting.
    TheGoodson, ag futbol, Amir. and Webdogg... solid follow-ups and insights provided to enlighten.
    jloome and leedsandTFC... I think you've both been right and both been wrong. Yes, I am having my cake and eating it too!
    jloome, I think you need to take a breath and let go. Move on, you're entrenched; some might say in spirit... 'a la Molinaro'.
    You've made fair and valid points, your just being too analytical and nuanced for this argument.
    leedsandTFC... well... maybe another day.
    Lots of international medias with comments on Insigne wages, lots of 'in context' money numbers offered, lots of easy confusion; especially between EURO, USD and CAD.
    Only in Italy would they report football player contract earnings as a 'net' figure.
    Now, now, easy now, be nice... maybe some other Euro countries do the same; just cannot be bothered to research.
    Italy, traditionally a mess; the economics, tax regulation and financing are all at times and to degrees black holes.
    Until a couple of decades ago, with the intro of the Euro and all entailed, 'lavoro nero' was a serious concern.
    Pandemic if not endemic to make a current analogy. Some may argue it still is somewhat today.
    Italian corporations and financial entities are in some cases no different than some of its citizens; see Parmalat or Banca Popolare di Vicenza Savings Bank.
    As for SerieA league and individual team 'public' finances, like a few other European leagues and a few of their teams at times... LaLiga, Ligue1, and EPL... the numbers do not make sense to me for a host various reasons.
    Of course, MLS is no exception either.
    Oh boy! WTF is this now, Giovinco saying what to Insigne? Meddling? Wow and Ouch!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, Mattia Destro is realistically my leading SerieA candidate since I believe the rumor of his prior visit is accurate. I think the TheGoodson shared this probability a while ago and first, maybe then mentioned more recently by a few other TFC pundits. Makes decent football sense; availability, production and potential, financially and socially wise. Genoa FC are likely to be relegated. Players with decent agents have a relegation clause in their contract; terminated and free. IMO moneyball enough; decent striker results, solid potential for this league. Obviously, not as young or prolific as Belotti, yet likely less expensive. Still not 'old', been around, lots of experience, even if some was for that unsavory Joey. Likely a good locker room fit as well as companion for Insigne. I suspect MD knows MB well enough as a colleague and probably has his recommendation. Don't get me wrong, Belotti off of Insigne or Poz would be mind-boggling; a dream come true. I cite and share the belief from someone else's previous post in this thread that Belotti, given his nature, would be comfortable and should excel in the sense of a big fish in the smaller pond of MLS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This thread was brutal to get through this morning from yesterday morning. Sadly some things never change a someone on this board regularly gets into personal battles with people (know from experience). Wish it was obvious from their pedestal that there is a common denominator whenever these arguments arise and spam the board with mindless drivel all to keep an ego intact.

Anyway, back to the thread, Romano is easily the most connected transfer news source in the world. Almost every major transfer is confirmed or reported by him first. Just facts. He may have the numbers off because they are still negotiating, if the numbers were accurate the deal would be signed! Just common sense. Insigne 2022 here we come. Love it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seba sounds upset that all the money he wanted to extort from the club is gonna go to Insigne instead.

https://football-italia.net/giovinco...-toronto-move/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Seba sounds upset that all the money he wanted to extort from the club is gonna go to Insigne instead.

Yup. I was holding out for him to sign on a low salary deal for some nostalgia but his comments all but destroys that opportunity it seems. Disappointing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

His comments about lamenting being the best player on the team but not making the most money were delusional.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post

The article title is pretty click-baity. Seba's comments are actually pretty reasoned.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Wouldn’t disagree but wow, Gio was quoted as being more than a little salty.. “When I arrived in 2015, I was promised money that was not there, but I don’t want to discuss these details”. That would have been Bez and Leiweke right or is he referring to his renewal contract.. i can’t see Gio back with those comments.

For those that dont read it, compliments the city and people but says you fall of the Italian national team radar.

Last edited by Bushmancan; 12-29-2021 at 09:29 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This thread really went in a strange direction overnight. Let's not tear ourselves apart in what is potentially an epic moment for TFC! The exact amount of money or whether it's gross or net isn't that important at this point. We can debate that when we see it confirmed, but let's not argue the trees and see the forest. There is obviously a lot of smoke here. Looks a lot like what happened when Giovinco rumours first started surfacing. Can't wait to see what the next 3-5 days brings! Suffice to say, glad I kept my TFC seasons!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seba also says the level of the league has fallen in recent years because himself, David Villa and the rotting husks of Gerrard and Kaka are gone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So he said in the Star he regrets leaving. Then this to italian press. Seems like he'll pander to whoever he's talking to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    So he said in the Star he regrets leaving. Then this to italian press. Seems like he'll pander to whoever he's talking to.
    He did recommend coming to MLS in the article. His comments strike me as a guy who leads with emotion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lost in all the hubbub of the past few pages of debate were these. Maybe we can focus on these less controversial reports for today

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Seba is clearly a very emotional person who can't get past the fact that his playing days might be done.

These comments, whether taken out of context or hyped by the Italian press, are disappointing but not surprising.

At this point, Insigne has gone through all the pros and cons of coming to Toronto. These discussions have been ongoing for months. Seba's public comments aren't going to change anything. Still, doesn't look good.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wake up to a beautiful morning, and end up facing the unpleasant moderator's task of going through a brutal back and forth between jloome and leedsandTFC.

Both have enough infractions accumulated now for a one month ban each, and I've deleted the most egregious posts. If I've missed any particularly nasty post, feel free to message me.

Thanks to the member who reported the thread.

So pointless getting the emotions up about how Italy does or doesn't report salaries, as the MLSPA will give us the real numbers anyway IF he actually signs. We just need to wait.

So everyone happy holidays, and in the spirit of the season, let's keep all discussions civil. Most people here have. Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On Seba...
    That website report is based on an article that appeared in an Italian newspaper.
    Can anyone pull out exactly (and completely) what Seba may have said?

Always go to the source!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Both Destro and Criscito were reported last month by Calciomercato.

Criscito is 35 and allegedly turned us down. Again, I call bullshit.

Both of these "scoops" have been available in Google News for weeks.

From NOVEMBER 24:
    https://www.calciomercato.com/news/g...-toronto-41752
    First post here about Destro and Cristico was Nov 17. Page 9.

It was stuck in my head that I read about it here first before seeing stuff in the Italian press.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    ^ Wouldn’t disagree but wow, Gio was quoted as being more than a little salty.. “When I arrived in 2015, I was promised money that was not there, but I don’t want to discuss these details”. That would have been Bez and Leiweke right or is he referring to his renewal contract.. i can’t see Gio back with those comments.
    Maybe he assumed his contract was net when it was actually gross

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    First post here about Destro and Cristico was Nov 17. Page 9.

It was stuck in my head that I read about it here first before seeing stuff in the Italian press.
    The Goodson (why do I always read that as Goodison?!!) has been pretty accurate with what he's hearing from "his people." Hope he continues reporting on it here....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Wake up to a beautiful morning, and end up facing the unpleasant moderator's task of going through a brutal back and forth between jloome and leedsandTFC.

Both have enough infractions accumulated now for a one month ban each, and I've deleted the most egregious posts. If I've missed any particularly nasty post, feel free to message me.

Thanks to the member who reported the thread.

So pointless getting the emotions up about how Italy does or doesn't report salaries, as the MLSPA will give us the real numbers anyway IF he actually signs. We just need to wait.

So everyone happy holidays, and in the spirit of the season, let's keep all discussions civil. Most people here have. Thanks.
    Ouch. I've been away the past few days and was checking in this morning. I was trying to figure out if I was just losing my mind when I tried to look back at previous messages that I'd sworn I'd just seen, then suddenly noticed that both of them were banned. That's too bad, since I usually like their postings. Hopefully this will all be done and dusted when they get back and we'll be able to laugh in hindsight. For now, I'm just going to be Zen about the whole thing and wait for whatever happens to happen. No point in fretting over things we have no control over.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, please everyone enjoy the holidays and the fact TFC are looking to spend big money.

We are going to be relevant again. Lets not bicker about salary figures.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    Lost in all the hubbub of the past few pages of debate were these. Maybe we can focus on these less controversial reports for today
    Thanks for sharing these. Interested in seeing Jordan's path forward, always nice to see an a home grown player with promise.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I'll take a break from Insigne talk today. Maybe we all can. Unless something big breaks of course. Interested to see what happens with Soteldo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    He did recommend coming to MLS in the article. His comments strike me as a guy who leads with emotion.
    It’s the traditional holiday airing of grievances.

But yes, totally agree. He’s a guy, in many ways like Altidore, who puts himself out there. Can’t hold it against him, even if I were to disagree with his point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I don't want to go down the rabbit hole of net/gross wages again after last night, but there are some indications that it's €11.5 gross, €5.7 net. That would be around $13M USD, which is more reasonable than the $20M that was being thrown around yesterday.
    https://football-italia.net/what-are...ng-to-insigne/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I remember this wages reporting was a thing back when Seba signed. Grant Wahl and Gab Marcotti going back and forth over it on twitter with a few other journos. Funny how things change but still stay the same

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    So I don't want to go down the rabbit hole of net/gross wages again after last night, but there are some indications that it's €11.5 gross, €5.7 net. That would be around $13M USD, which is more reasonable than the $20M that was being thrown around yesterday.
    https://football-italia.net/what-are...ng-to-insigne/
    So why continue the debate? I doubt any reporter has a seat at the table so I can't see it as anything other than speculation. It's not like his agent (and certainly not MLSE) are phoning up reporters giving them numbers. That's not how good faith negotiations work.

There's only a few things relevant to us as supporters/fans:
    1) Cap hit. That's a fixed amount for a DP.
    2) MLSEs commitment to the team. It has been apparent that they are willing to spend at close to the top of the league.
    3) Is the player happy with the money and lifestyle?

The exact amount, net or gross is NOT IMPORTANT, unless you are MLSE or the player. So let's discuss more relevant things.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    So why continue the debate?
    Don't think I was continuing the debate - there had been a lot of discussion about it yesterday and now there is a report that confirms that the wages had likely been misinterpreted. The level of salary can be the difference between someone else (e.g., Newcastle) being willing to match or not.