Page 29 of 191 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979129 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Nepotism FC is what we will be called if we bring in Rose.
    We can then change the slogan from All for one to All in the family

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rose is negotiating to stay in Vancouver.

Eloy Room was one of the best keepers in the league over the last two years. I think he's 33 no, so not young, but that often matters less with goalkeepers.

He's a free agent and negotiating with Columbus. Perhaps Bez is enamored with Bono still and we could arrange a swap. He get a young player he rates, we get a great keeper for a few seasons.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    Instead of Edwards (26 years old), I feel it's more likely TFC will sign Luca Petrasso and/or Kobe Franklin from TFC2. Petrasso is 21 and was the only player to play all 28 games (27 starts) for TFCII and is a Left Back. Franklin is 18 was nominated for Young Player of the Year and Defender of the Year and basically after the 5th game of the season or so, started every match (24 games played, 24 starts, missed one match due to red card suspension) and is a Right Back. Both were very good at getting up the lines and swinging in crosses (Franklin had 6 assists and 2 goals, Petrasso had 3 assists and 1 goal).

At 26, Edwards probably is who he is now - a serviceable starter/impact reserve. At 21 and 18, Petrasso and Franklin have more room to grow.
    Agreed. In the end, if we’re looking at these spots for fillers, I would go with our younger academy products first.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's some Twitter chatter that Vancouver is interested in signing Ayo. I won't link to the tweets because they include an incredibly poor understanding of MLS salary rules (the understanding on this board is better than these individuals who supposedly report on MLS for a living).

No way Vancouver could sign Akinola unless we decide to trade his rights.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    There's some Twitter chatter that Vancouver is interested in signing Ayo. I won't link to the tweets because they include an incredibly poor understanding of MLS salary rules (the understanding on this board is better than these individuals who supposedly report on MLS for a living).

No way Vancouver could sign Akinola unless we decide to trade his rights.
    They better pony up the imaginary money if they want Ayo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If there is a modicum of truth to that rumor, which I highly doubt given the source, the Caps are backing a brinks truck with a million plus of Garber bux up to BMO for him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You cant have the mls rights of a player if his contract simply expired and no genuine offer was made to him

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and Nov 24th was the deadline to make an offer and if that is the case usually clubs say that they are negotiating or made an offer to the player in the end of year roster decisions announcement

2021 MLS offseason calendar for player moves announced

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Amir. View Post
    and Nov 24th was the deadline to make an offer and if that is the case usually clubs say that they are negotiating or made an offer to the player in the end of year roster decisions announcement

2021 MLS offseason calendar for player moves announced
    Team has to make a 'bonifide' offer, which I read somewhere we did and are negotiating but Ayo wants TAM level pay. If he does then maybe he should go to the WC. We could use a bunch of TAM\GAM for the rebuild anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TAM level pay for akinola would be a gamble...and brian white looks like their go to guy at center forward so wouldnt make sense to bring a backup on tam...they got a number of players at wing also so if they really want him they are moving 1-2 offensive players

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any thought we might try to sign Scott Kennedy. MLS must surely be a step up from the German 2nd Div (in terms of exposure, I mean.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For him theres no point in going to mls at this point in his career...hes entering or nearing his best years and should aim to get to B1...plenty of time to go to mls after that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Amir. View Post
    For him theres no point in going to mls at this point in his career...hes entering or nearing his best years and should aim to get to B1...plenty of time to go to mls after that
    Are his club in a promotion position?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure how promotion works in the 2.
    Buli but they're 3rd, ahead of the likes of Hamburg, Schalke, and Werder

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RealG-TFC View Post
    Not sure how promotion works in the 2.
    Buli but they're 3rd, ahead of the likes of Hamburg, Schalke, and Werder
    Top 2 get promoted to Bundesliga automatically. 3rd place in B2 faces 3rd last in Bundesliga in promotion playoff match.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    Top 2 get promoted to Bundesliga automatically. 3rd place in B2 faces 3rd last in Bundesliga in promotion playoff match.
    I like that approach better than all of the bottom 3 automatically going down to B2. Lets you possibly save your season…. It is a home and away contest as well, isn’t it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One option we have for Ayo is making him a U22 player. We can pay him anything up to the max salary and it will only count for $200k against the cap. I'd rather use the U22 slot on someone coming from outside MLS since transfer fees don't apply against the cap for U22 slots, but it's an option if we need to retain Ayo. It would also allow us to convert 100% of any transfer fee to GAM we get for him in the future.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://twitter.com/TaylorTwellman/s...42875867717635

Chris Armas over the last few days was in the front running for Rangnick’s staff @ManUtd but does Marsch’s struggle @RBLeipzig_EN mean something different for Rangnick?!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil744 View Post

Chris Armas over the last few days was in the front running for Rangnick’s staff @ManUtd but does Marsch’s struggle @RBLeipzig_EN mean something different for Rangnick?!
    This cannot be true. There is no way.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil744 View Post

Seems he deleted it… no one else on Twitter seems to be reporting this. Maybe Twellman got the wrong former RBNY coach?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    Seems he deleted it… no one else on Twitter seems to be reporting this. Maybe Twellman got the wrong former RBNY coach?
    That was the most unbelievable, farcical thing I have read in years.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    For anyone that wants a good laugh LOL

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He has already approached NYRB about Struber and his assistant. Rangnick was in charge of soccer operations for Red Bull when Armas was an assistant under Marsch and knows him really well.

Rangnick hired all of those guys: Marsch, Armas, Carnell and Struber.

He has also noted contracts and brexit regs might prevent him hiring who he wants; but Armas isn't employed, so that's not an issue. And as it's only a six-month gig, it's going to be tougher to entice guys who have long-term contracts already.

British papers reported Struber and his assistant yesterday and NYRB blogs, too.

Most likely, given his seeming inability to lead a team, it's not Armas and just the other two. But Rangnick had no issue with him, clearly, as an assistant at New York as he was there for years. It might well be that he wants him as part of a larger field coaching staff.

https://www.thesouthafrican.com/spor...ited-breaking/

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10273805/Manchester-United-make-contact-New-York-Red-Bulls-manager-Gerhard-Struber-assistant-role.html
    Last edited by jloome; 12-04-2021 at 12:01 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Rose is negotiating to stay in Vancouver.

Eloy Room was one of the best keepers in the league over the last two years. I think he's 33 no, so not young, but that often matters less with goalkeepers.

He's a free agent and negotiating with Columbus. Perhaps Bez is enamored with Bono still and we could arrange a swap. He get a young player he rates, we get a great keeper for a few seasons.
    This would have been good but he re-signed and apparently is unvaccinated and there's too much hassle with that and travel so not worth it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    He has already approached NYRB about Struber and his assistant. Rangnick was in charge of soccer operations for Red Bull when Armas was an assistant under Marsch and knows him really well.

Rangnick hired all of those guys: Marsch, Armas, Carnell and Struber.

He has also noted contracts and brexit regs might prevent him hiring who he wants; but Armas isn't employed, so that's not an issue. And as it's only a six-month gig, it's going to be tougher to entice guys who have long-term contracts already.

British papers reported Struber and his assistant yesterday and NYRB blogs, too.

Most likely, given his seeming inability to lead a team, it's not Armas and just the other two. But Rangnick had no issue with him, clearly, as an assistant at New York as he was there for years. It might well be that he wants him as part of a larger field coaching staff.

https://www.thesouthafrican.com/spor...ited-breaking/

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10273805/Manchester-United-make-contact-New-York-Red-Bulls-manager-Gerhard-Struber-assistant-role.html
    I stand corrected. I guess.

But who here thinks Armas would have an easy time finding an assistant gig in MLS? Let alone Europe, let alone EPL, let alone this club...

I cannot imagine MUFC players listening to him for 5 seconds.

Upon reflection, I don't stand corrected. Nobody not named SAF or Jose Mourinho has the untrammelled ability to just bring in their loyalists at Man Utd.
    Last edited by ensco; 12-04-2021 at 12:34 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If they can get a decent package for Ayo they should trade him. He's an injury risk and they're going to likely end up investing in a DP striker anyway. Relatedly, I bring up the name Divock Origi for the third(?) straight off-season.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    If they can get a decent package for Ayo they should trade him. He's an injury risk and they're going to likely end up investing in a DP striker anyway. Relatedly, I bring up the name Divock Origi for the third(?) straight off-season.
    He's too young and too good, no? Isn't this Borre? ie his next move is to a West Ham, a Frankfurt or a Napoli?
    Last edited by ensco; 12-04-2021 at 01:12 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's too young and too good, no? Isn't this Borre? ie his next move is to a West Ham, a Frankfurt or a Napoli?
    He’s in a weird situation in terms of playing time and pay. The last time he was a regular starter was 2018 for Wolfsburg and he only had 6 goals. To me he seems like the kind of player that might be open to trying something different. He’s already won a champions league and been to a World Cup, at 26 he’s had quite a fulfilling career already. Borré’s trophy cabinet is relatively bare.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I stand corrected. I guess.

But who here thinks Armas would have an easy time finding an assistant gig in MLS? Let alone Europe, let alone EPL, let alone this club...

I cannot imagine MUFC players listening to him for 5 seconds.

Upon reflection, I don't stand corrected. Nobody not named SAF or Jose Mourinho has the untrammelled ability to just bring in their loyalists at Man Utd.
    The story today and yesterday in the UK is that all three remaining coaches, including longtime stalwarts Mike Phelan and Darren Fletcher, will likely be let go. They've also reported Rangnick has told the board that if the experiment works he may stay on as manager after six months.

So it appears, for now, like he's quite willing. But he hasn't actually canned them yet, so who knows.

The narrative around him there is that the Glazers want a complete divorce from the Fergie era after anointed successors Moyes and Solksjaer both crapped out.

But I don't think it'll be Armas. His recent track record demonstrates how poorly he deals with egos, and that'd be twice as difficult as a defensive coach in the premiership.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Big winner against Wolves today. He's never going to be a first-team guarantee though, so it makes sense.

Same with Eddie Nketiah at Arsenal, although he's young enough to jump to a lesser prem outfit and stick at bigger money.

I'd still go with the kid from Uruguay, Agustin Alvarez. Palmeiras are trying to sign him now but they don't have the resources we have. If he'll go to Brazil over waiting for Atletico Madrid -- who seem inclined to give him a few more years of seasoning -- he'll probably go to MLS.

That kid is a sure thing, the Luis Suarez of his age group. He'd be the best player in MLS fairly quickly and gone just as quickly, but if we even got a season out of him, we'd probably get 20 goals. And he's 20.

But we'd have to give him a release clause that guaranteed he could move easily, with no more than a season guaranteed in MLS.