Page 122 of 122 FirstFirst ... 2272112118119120121122
Results 3,631 to 3,639 of 3639
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I have to say, a straight Soteldo for Salcedo swap really impresses me. I mean, Salcedo anchored a back line that shut Germany out at the last World Cup. He was an effective player in the Bundesliga too. On a straight soccer talent basis, he is a clear level up from Yefe. Plus Yefe's whole contract thing is just an absolute mess.

I am fine if Salcedo is a DP, he is serious quality. Hats off to Manning/Bradley.

Caveat: I don’t really understand why are Tigres selling? And why no one else in Mexico paid up? Salcedo has bounced around a fair bit… and it's not like it's obvious he will fall in love with Toronto. Risk of an unhappy player down the road is not small. But there is risk in everything…
    Salcedo told Tigres he was not going to sign another contract once his current contract expires in December. Tigres are trying to get some value and I assume don't want to help anyone in Liga MX.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I have to say, a straight Soteldo for Salcedo swap really impresses me. I mean, Salcedo anchored a back line that shut Germany out at the last World Cup. He was an effective player in the Bundesliga too. On a straight soccer talent basis, he is a clear level up from Yefe. Plus Yefe's whole contract thing is just an absolute mess.

I am fine if Salcedo is a DP, he is serious quality. Hats off to Manning/Bradley.

Caveat: I don’t really understand why are Tigres selling? And why no one else in Mexico paid up? Salcedo has bounced around a fair bit… and it's not like it's obvious he will fall in love with Toronto. Risk of an unhappy player down the road is not small. But there is risk in everything…
    Rais M’Bolhi stood on his head against Germany in 2014 and was an epic disaster in Philadelphia. Let’s try and keep our evaluations of players within larger (and more recent) sample sizes.
    Last edited by portu; Today at 11:59 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post

Oh dear....its like a time capsule.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Rais M’Bolhi stood on his head against Germany in 2014 and was an epic disaster in Philadelphia. Let’s try and keep our evaluations of players within larger (and more recent) sample sizes.
    Well, fine. But I think it's kind of obvious that it's different for an Algerian MNT player who had a great game vs a Mexican MNT player that had a great game. Mexico had many choices in terms of who to put out there, and the signal of what that excellence might mean is different on a team that makes the knockout stage every time.

Plus, not having seen a lot of a player - that won’t stop me or most people here! I haven’t watched Salcedo since 2018, except in a couple of Frankfurt games I don’t remember. (In fact I got him confused at first with the Chivas defender we saw in CCL, Carlos Salcido, who I once saw play at Craven Cottage for Fulham.)

Face it, who here has really seen enough of Salcedo to have a real opinion? (There probably is somebody who has watched every Tigres game, I know..)

I certainly think that starting for Tigres and Frankfurt beats any credential in Brazil, to my main point.
    Last edited by ensco; Today at 12:30 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Amir. View Post
    DP and U22 Initiative are two different things

Everyone gets a max of 3 DP's young or not

Number of U22 Initiative slots drpend on:

If a Club has a vacant third Designated Player slot, the Club will have available three U22 Initiative Slots.

If a Club elects to sign a third Designated Player, the number of U22 Initiative Slots would be impacted in the following way:

• If the third Designated Player is a Young Designated Player, the club will have all three U22 Initiative Slots.
    • If the third Designated Player is age 24 or older, yet is at, or below, Maximum Targeted Allocation Money Amount ($1,612,500), the club will have all three U22 Initiative Slots.
    • If the third Designated Player is age 24 or older and is above Maximum Targeted Allocation Money Amount ($1,612,500), the club will have one U22 Initiative Slot.

Thanks mixed up Young DP with U22 initiative. Meant to say + 3 U22 players instead of Young DP. Can't keep up with the rules sometimes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everyone is probably taking Sunday off. I would assume we will see an official announcement Monday or Tuesday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Oh dear....its like a time capsule.
    LOL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Getting Salcedo is a coup, he is a proper defender just under world class category. Mavinga will greatly benefit from that calming influence.

Best off-season ever!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wait, are we getting cash and Salcedo?

"Tigres would contribute Salcedo and a good numbers of dollars for the Toronto attacker"

https://www.am.com.mx/superdeportivo...0116-0053.html

This is from Merlo, who is probably the only reliable journalist in South America.