Page 170 of 191 FirstFirst ... 70120160166167168169170171172173174180 ... LastLast
Results 5,071 to 5,100 of 5705
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    EDIT: .... and according to this TUDN article (Mexico?) we're now 'Super Toronto'.
    El Super Toronto has a nice ring to it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am rooting hard for Jimenez and like the signing... but we really don't know with these types of signings.

I just wanted to recall our reaction to Ager Aketxe here. We were universally giddy ..... pages of happiness.

http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/showth...=1#post1861663

(sorry Og not picking on you, you will see though that you were just the first of many excited posts on that - including mine!)
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I am rooting hard for Jimenez and like the signing... but we really don't know with these types of signings.

I just wanted to recall our reaction to Ager Aketxe here. We were universally giddy ..... pages of happiness.

http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/showth...=1#post1861663

(sorry Og not picking on you, you will see though that you were just the first of many excited posts on that - including mine!)
    This is true but there's something to the Polish league with it's play & weather conditions that are more MLS-y than Spain. Spain is like the crap shoot that is South America. One guy could settle fast, love it, and be great and another could show up in the spring in his light sweater freezing and hate the culture, football, and team. It happens a lot.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    This is true but there's something to the Polish league with it's play & weather conditions that are more MLS-y than Spain. Spain is like the crap shoot that is South America. One guy could settle fast, love it, and be great and another could show up in the spring in his light sweater freezing and hate the culture, football, and team. It happens a lot.
    Yes. Also I don't want to overdo this comparison - Aketxe had been in trouble with the law, and it was sort of unclear why he was available (something I have always remembered).

Triggering the release clause definitely is better alignment, and I think you are right re Poland.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ensco, I think you'll find I am optimistic about 90% of moves.

The only move I have qualms about is the guy from Seattle - they never give up on good.

I think we need another CB.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://twitter.com/MichaelSingh94

Toronto FC has announced its preseason roster. Sebastian Giovinco, Auro Jr., and Kemar Lawrence are all not listed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil744 View Post

Toronto FC has announced its preseason roster. Sebastian Giovinco, Auro Jr., and Kemar Lawrence are all not listed.
    No Kobe Franklin is surprising to me. Has he refused to sign? Was he unimpressive in Cali?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil744 View Post

I wonder what the deal is with Lawrence. Trade? Serious illness? It’s almost like the team could use a communications department or something.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    I wonder what the deal is with Lawrence. Trade? Serious illness? It’s almost like the team could use a communications department or something.
    super club tfc still super shit PR dept.cant wait for those dark i phone pics from camp

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^I don’t think it is incompetence. Its not like they are talking about Altidore or Auro either. This team is owned by the only media outlets they care about, and management is not interested in building a relationship with anyone on the TFC beat.

I think we better get used to stories breaking continually via the other party in every deal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apparently Franklin was injured

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Ensco, I think you'll find I am optimistic about 90% of moves.

The only move I have qualms about is the guy from Seattle - they never give up on good.

I think we need another CB.
    Oh hey I didn’t mean this to be a referendum on your style. You were just first, and everyone saw it the same way.

Interesting point about O’Neill. I had assumed he was available because of cap space problems (I think I saw that somewhere) but of course that’s the same as me assuming Aketxe was good based on the stories and YouTube highlights…

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With TFC getting rid of all the fullbacks. Looks like our formation next season will look like this

The good ol' 2-5-3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I suspect those speculating about Shaffleburg becoming a wingback are correct.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Amir. View Post
    Apparently Franklin was injured
    where did you hear that?
    it would be nice if the club shared some info,they are still using curtis time

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like TFC wanted to bring on Franklin, but he’s choosing the bet on yourself path. Maybe wants to play out his TFC2 contract and then make a move to Europe?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JonO View Post
    Replying to ensco because I had to pick one Seba comment, but does anyone have a good understanding as to how the allocation order actually works? Would a loan have to come back into the league through the allocation list? Assuming we are doing Sampdoria a solid, by "letting" them sign Seba now since they need him short term, maybe they return the favour by loaning him back to us at the end of their season. Obviously this depends on if loaned players have to come back through the allocation list, but this could be an interesting end-around... Tinfoil hat off...
    Might seem like I am grasping at straws here too but this is a really intriguing thought for me.
    Maybe you have highlighted a possible loophole?
    Perhaps others with better MLS Rule & Regulation intricacy knowledge might care to comment for an immediate clarification.
    I tried to briefly research and only came up with this... not sure if this recent sort of example would even be applicable...

https://www.90min.com/posts/sebastian-breza-returns-to-cf-montreal-on-loan

As I previously mentioned such a gamed out move, if allowed, would be gangster; a sweet workaround.
    Again, IMO it would be in TFC's interest to keep La Samp up and thereby likely Genoa down and relegated out...
    Criscito... then maybe even on a free! Destro... no reason to be enticed to stay.
    For the La Samp favour, TFC would then get back on loan a match fit Giovinco while avoiding the allocation process.
    This would also free up the spot for alternative use or sale.
    I understand that La Samp may have only signed him for six months but I don't think it would preclude them from then signing an extension with him at a favorable term and fee to TFC and then immediately loan him back to TFC as a favour paid back in kind.
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 02-07-2022 at 08:17 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Players coming in on loan still have to go through the Allocation Order.

The Impact had to acquire the top spot to bring back Ballou Tabla, originally on loan from Barcelona B
    https://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/fire...ing-75000-gam/

The Breza second loan doesn't apply. He never left the league on a transfer of over 500k.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post

The Impact had to acquire the top spot to bring back Ballou Tabla, originally on loan from Barcelona B

The Breza second loan doesn't apply. He never left the league on a transfer of over 500k.
    Thanks rydermike. Clarification much appreciated.
    Naive rookie mistakes
    . Had some self doubt.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damia Viader may be an interesting name - spent some time in USL1 and did decently, right position, maybe cheap.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With TFC getting rid of all the fullbacks. Looks like our formation next season will look like this

The good ol' 2-5-3

Nice. Love it. Great teenage memories. The 'Classic' Gitoni ( Foosball ) formation.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good find.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Related to this though is Caden Clark is set to be loaned back to the Red Bulls apparently. So theoretically the Red Bulls will need to acquire the top spot from Cincy, meaning we'd own the top spot after that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Related to this though is Caden Clark is set to be loaned back to the Red Bulls apparently. So theoretically the Red Bulls will need to acquire the top spot from Cincy, meaning we'd own the top spot after that.
    i doubt they will use that spot for gio in july,that train is gone

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    Say's who..sampdoria have money on the line.. Gio ain't ours.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    I didn't necessarily mean use it on Giovinco. I've never felt he was a good use of that spot. But the top spot is a valuable trade commodity. Can get us some free GAM/TAM or if we find another player we'd want with it

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The fact that an allocation position is one of the few silver linings from 2021 TFC is exceptionally damning.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welp, with Manning in Italy, the rumours are coming again. Nothing new, mostly Criscito/Destro talks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like there is a chance Jimenez plays as a FW and we acquire a target man. The fact he can also play centrally and give us another look being an added bonus.

Smart move. You know, rather than signing a 5’3 Venezuelan who dribbles into the corner.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    The fact that an allocation position is one of the few silver linings from 2021 TFC is exceptionally damning.
    YesThat, and confirmation that Auro isn't a deep lying midfielder. Answered that question.