Page 184 of 191 FirstFirst ... 84134174180181182183184185186187188 ... LastLast
Results 5,491 to 5,520 of 5705
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’ve never been a ‘play the kids no matter what’ advocate but I’m looking forward to seeing how this current necessity works out. I certainly like the idea of Shaff as a full back/wing back and curious to see JMR play at this level. Petrasso looked very good on TFC II. I was at the match Priso started in place of MB and man he looked good.
    Last edited by los sonadores; 02-17-2022 at 03:02 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://www.reddit.com/r/tfc/comment...tm_name=iossmf

Belottis heart seems set on Milan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like we tried for the Brazilian Mullinho. This guy is actually Rivaldo's son.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post

Looks like we tried for the Brazilian Mullinho. This guy is actually Rivaldo's son.
    Looking back on it, since we got JJ instead of Rivaldinho, that's a win. His counting stats look like ass

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The man himself liked my tweet about this so I guess the rumor there was interest is true.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My bet is that was a backup plan if jimenez did not come through. I think we are better off at the end of the day.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don’t think they were seriously considering a journeyman striker with no goals in 32
    games in the Polish league.

Manning obviously has some blind spots and issues but I don’t believe the
    man is a blithering idiot.

This is an agent trying to drum up interest. Totally bogus.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone else watching Insigne and Co. take on Barcelona? He's such quality.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RealG-TFC View Post
    Anyone else watching Insigne and Co. take on Barcelona? He's such quality.
    Quiet game from him so far - even against a weak Barca, they are still controlling play so well. Insigne is putting in good work defensively and making smart runs. He doesn't need the ball to be effective, which should pair well with Pozuelo.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    Quiet game from him so far - even against a weak Barca, they are still controlling play so well. Insigne is putting in good work defensively and making smart runs. He doesn't need the ball to be effective, which should pair well with Pozuelo.
    He was replaced near the end of the match, after which Napoli didn't play as well.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    He was replaced near the end of the match, after which Napoli didn't play as well.

Replace Napoli with TFC & save this line for games in August....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

steve buffery

@Beezersun

#TFCLIVE coach Bob Bradley said he can’t determine yet whether Westberg or Bono will be his No.1 keeper

https://twitter.com/Beezersun/status/1494384585655955457

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Amir. View Post

#TFCLIVE coach Bob Bradley said he can’t determine yet whether Westberg or Bono will be his No.1 keeper

Interesting since on this board it's pretty much 100% Q.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Amir. View Post

steve buffery

@Beezersun

https://twitter.com/Beezersun/status/1494384585655955457

To be expected and only fair. New manager, somewhat clean slate. (Not to mention management might prefer someone else, as yet signed, altogether).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Interesting since on this board it's pretty much 100% Q.
    He's a tactician. There's no percentage in calling it before the season starts. If Westberg goes down injured he needs Bono confident. If he thinks Bono is too error-prone, he needs enough cachet to be tradeable.

He may be the type of manager who isn't likely to call anyone a lock for the first team. He wants them competing at all times.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Bono is the guy I hope he is instructed to roll the ball to Salcedo rather than hoofing it down the field or out of touch every single time

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pretty sure Westberg has been the guy with the first team in all the preseason games. Seems likely he'll be the starter against Dallas. I do think the position needs to be upgraded after this season, if not sooner.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pretty sure Westberg has been the guy with the first team in all the preseason games. Seems likely he'll be the starter against Dallas. I do think the position needs to be upgraded after this season, if not sooner.
    Bono started against either Chicago or Austin, can't remember which.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    He's a tactician. There's no percentage in calling it before the season starts. If Westberg goes down injured he needs Bono confident. If he thinks Bono is too error-prone, he needs enough cachet to be tradeable.

He may be the type of manager who isn't likely to call anyone a lock for the first team. He wants them competing at all times.
    I think you might be right with this statement. If you recall even last season with Armas he kept saying we had two No.1 keepers, probably in an effort to have them both competing for the No1 spot. The difference being that he only played Bono. We will see if that shapes up differently with Bob though and maybe he will alternate and have them compete more freely for the role. I still prefer Q even though he had a few mistakes at his feet last season and some people say he's too short (ie the goal in Can champ final just slightly over his head). I hope he can bounce back after last season as I'm sure Armas and Covid/family/ and late to camp type situations might have had something to do with his form. Either way I think we are due for a new keeper here shortly as well.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Criscito sounds like it's done for 2.5 years, TAM contract.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought this link may be of interest to some from a roster odds / resource connect perspective.

https://twitter.com/FOXSoccer/status/1494445219823058944?s=20&t=J2i0AHjXcAb9l0qCsSpRaQ
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 02-18-2022 at 12:54 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yuushalinsky View Post
    Criscito sounds like it's done for 2.5 years, TAM contract.
    Hopefully it's 1.5+option and the Italian media just isn't aware of how the MLS options work

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Criscito plays some LB. Is that the plan here?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Webdogg View Post
    Criscito plays some LB. Is that the plan here?
    He hasn't played LB consistently since 2019/20. I think the most likely option is he plays on the left side of a back 3 or they rotate Criscito, Mavinga and Solcedo. Mavinga and Criscito have had enough injury problems the past few years that we can't rely on them to be healthy the whole season. Just have to hope they don't get injured at the same time.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Crickets on Lawrence, haven’t seen anything anywhere. 1 week away to opener.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    He hasn't played LB consistently since 2019/20. I think the most likely option is he plays on the left side of a back 3 or they rotate Criscito, Mavinga and Solcedo. Mavinga and Criscito have had enough injury problems the past few years that we can't rely on them to be healthy the whole season. Just have to hope they don't get injured at the same time.
    Possibly but in order to avoid a mid season change, they’d like have to play 3-5-2 from the jump. That’s a big ask I think though, they have plenty of mids but who can reliably play a back three until July?

You mention injury history (Mavinga) which means it’s even more unlikely they can play 3 back. If Mavinga is out between now a July, it’s going to pretty sketchy if 3 is the plan

That’s why I’m thinking LB for Criscito might be an option. His crossing is very good and his D work rate is very good so maybe he can be a LB? Not sure if he’d be a liability facing wide speed but that’s maybe the only concern
    Last edited by Webdogg; 02-18-2022 at 05:19 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find the Criscito signing odd. If he plays LB, Shaff gets no time as both positions on his strongest foot are filled game in and out. He's a promising young player. Transfermarkt is often not accurate in its financial assessments, but they don't improve a player's worth by that much for nothing.

If we play him centrally, he's either keeping out Mavinga, one of the league's better centre halfs, or he's rotating with him and Salcedo.

This seems more like a depth signing to keep Insigne happy, give him a compatriot. But he won't be happy if he never plays so my guess is that they'll platoon him between both LB and centre, to interfere with the other players as much as possible.

THis seems like a make weight signing, not because he's not skilled but because 36 year olds, outside Zlatan, don't have the greatest track record in this league. And we're supposed to be moving to an intense high-press, which again doesn't suit age.

Ah well. Better an embarassment of riches I suppose. Plus, he brings leadership.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Webdogg View Post
    Possibly but in order to avoid a mid season change, they’d like have to play 3-5-2 from the jump. That’s a big ask I think though, they have plenty of mids but who can reliably play a back three until July?

You mention injury history (Mavinga) which means it’s even more unlikely they can play 3 back. If Mavinga is out between now a July, it’s going to pretty sketchy if 3 is the plan

That’s why I’m thinking LB for Criscito might be an option. His crossing is very good and his D work rate is very good so maybe he can be a LB? Not sure if he’d be a liability facing wide speed but that’s maybe the only concern
    You’re probably right. In my mind I’ve been thinking we’d play with a back 3 to shore up the defence and since Bob used it sometimes in LA. But I don’t think we’ve seen it used in preseason at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why area we signing a 35 year old defender? I understand Italian defenders age like fine wine, but these type of deals have insurance buyout written all over it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Why area we signing a 35 year old defender? I understand Italian defenders age like fine wine, but these type of deals have insurance buyout written all over it.
    Him and Insigne are really close friends. I have read some things about how their families vacation together and are super tight. This is likely to help Lorenzo settle and to beef up that backline.