Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
Yeah, John does great work but I fully disagree with him on Jozy. You can't bring back a player to take up a third of your greatest asset (DP spots) because he likes to prove people wrong. I am sure Jozy wants to prove everyone wrong, but his body isn't gonna stop breaking down as he gets into his mid-30's. And I don't see how a buyout is gonna stop future DP's. Jozy has been here for 6 years and will get his money from the team while allowing him to find a club. If anything it shows that the club is ambitious while doing right by the player.
I agree. I can't see how us paying Jozy millions to play less than 50% of available matches and even renewing him after that would sour any DP on us. If anything it makes us look good because they've showed a lot more patience than many other teams would.

Also as a side point, Jozy is at least somewhat disruptive when times are good so can you imagine him playing out his contract and knowing he won't be renewed. Yeah maybe he might play better than he has lately, which would be a sign, but he could easily ruin the locker room.