Page 8 of 136 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 240 of 4076
  1. #211
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    North York ON
    Posts
    265
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'll wait for the contract details to judge the Gio move. Get him in on a small contract and have him be a bit part player and I like it. TAM or DP and front office have 100% lost their minds and learned nothing from the Jozy deal

  2. #212
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    5,489
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    I'll wait for the contract details to judge the Gio move. Get him in on a small contract and have him be a bit part player and I like it. TAM or DP and front office have 100% lost their minds and learned nothing from the Jozy deal
    Gurantee it's at least TAM and not the Osorio level TAM but more the Bradley level TAM.

  3. #213
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    2,606
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Gurantee it's at least TAM and not the Osorio level TAM but more the Bradley level TAM.
    I would say they are gonna give him Omar's 1.2 million TAM deal.

  4. #214
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    F5
    Posts
    12,889
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ^ yeah, I doubt Giovinco gets off the couch for anything less than a million a year.

    The board is really sleep at the switch here. This would be a perfect time to fire Manning and Curtis and find a competent set of managers who would have a good amount of flexibility to make the changes they need for a quick rebuild.

    But instead, we’re sticking with a group that really doesn’t show signs of having the vision of doing the right things. This could really set us back.

  5. #215
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    215
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Italy finished second in their group so they missed the automatic qualification spot and will now go to the playoffs which is 12 teams with only 3 ultimately qualifying...so its more unlikely than likely that they qualify for the world cup...if anything chances of Insigne joining are now higher

  6. #216
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    11,905
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amir. View Post
    Italy finished second in their group so they missed the automatic qualification spot and will now go to the playoffs which is 12 teams with only 3 ultimately qualifying...so its more unlikely than likely that they qualify for the world cup...if anything chances of Insigne joining are now higher
    This one says he's declined to discuss terms with us and is now being eyed by newly-rich Newcastle.

    https://insidefutbol.com/2021/11/15/...s-side/537121/

  7. #217
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    3,960
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    This one says he's declined to discuss terms with us and is now being eyed by newly-rich Newcastle.

    https://insidefutbol.com/2021/11/15/...s-side/537121/
    This is literally Borré 2.0

  8. #218
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    5,313
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    This one says he's declined to discuss terms with us and is now being eyed by newly-rich Newcastle.

    https://insidefutbol.com/2021/11/15/...s-side/537121/
    Has the ring of truth, that one.

  9. #219
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    5,489
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    The board is really sleep at the switch here. This would be a perfect time to fire Manning and Curtis and find a competent set of managers who would have a good amount of flexibility to make the changes they need for a quick rebuild.
    Actually it would be pretty stupid for them to do it with a final to play this weekend. Next week is a different story.

  10. #220
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    1,136
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Has the ring of truth, that one.
    100% Newcastle is going to do whatever it can to stay up.

  11. #221
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Burlington
    Posts
    4,118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Insigne wont happen. Have look at someone mid 20's stapled to Milan, Inter or Juve's bench...

  12. #222
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    2,606
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Once Newcastle gets relegated we can swoop in and claim Insigne.

  13. #223
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    4,070
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Anything close to a million for Gio is ludicrous. Absolutely bonkers. $100K player at most, I don't care what he sells off the pitch, he is washed up and as someone said will not have played for 8 months at the age of 35.

    We're right back in the dark ages like with Mo.

  14. #224
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    6,996
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Has the ring of truth, that one.
    Yeah I agree. I could actually see Newcastle massively overpaying to get him in in January. Although they really aren't bad up front. Wilson and Saint-Maximin are pretty decent. They need better defending, but as we know well, defending doesn't sell tickets or intent of new owners.

  15. #225
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    5,489
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    We're right back in the dark ages like with Mo.
    This is more like the Anselmi era than Mo. Mo never got players to appease fans or sell tickets. All that happened under Ansemli's watch; the CMNT experiment with Gerba/JDG, the Dutch experiment, Mista. Everything that was done in his era was for selling season's tickets and ramsom packs specifically. We look like that again. Target Italy at all costs to bring the Italian community back on board.

  16. #226
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Section 110 Row 24
    Posts
    7,126
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    This is more like the Anselmi era than Mo. Mo never got players to appease fans or sell tickets. All that happened under Ansemli's watch; the CMNT experiment with Gerba/JDG, the Dutch experiment, Mista. Everything that was done in his era was for selling season's tickets and ramsom packs specifically. We look like that again. Target Italy at all costs to bring the Italian community back on board.
    I think it's a good idea to target players from Italy (Serie A). MLS has not had a lot of Serie A players in the league, but more times than not, the ones who have come over have done very well. They seem to understand the style of football much easier than others.

  17. #227
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Section 110 Row 24
    Posts
    7,126
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    If we want international flair for a manager, what about Nesta?
    https://football-italia.net/nesta-pr...-over-serie-a/

    He's played in MLS and Managed in USL and it sounds like he would be open to coming back to North America
    He knows the complications in roster selection. Seems to have an understanding that you can't always just buy your way to a trophy

    He hasn't done poorly as a manager. Never been relegated, usually finishing in the upper part of the table, but losing in playoffs.

    I'm assuming he has good connections and relations in Italy, so getting a player or two to top off a roster similar to how Vanney did with French players is a strong possibility.
    Last edited by jabbronies; 11-16-2021 at 12:44 PM.

  18. #228
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    2,606
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    If we want international flair for a manager, what about Nesta?
    https://football-italia.net/nesta-pr...-over-serie-a/

    He's played in MLS and Managed in USL and it sounds like he would be open to coming back to North America
    He knows the complications in roster selection. Seems to have an understanding that you can't always just buy your way to a trophy

    He hasn't done poorly as a manager. Never been relegated, usually finishing in the upper part of the table, but losing in playoffs.

    I'm assuming he has good connections and relations in Italy, so getting a player or two to top off a roster similar to how Vanney did with French players is a strong possibility.
    Nesta does sound like a really good shout.

  19. #229
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Mississauga
    Posts
    207
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Nesta does sound like a really good shout.
    For a moment, I was confusing Nesta with Mista!!!

  20. #230
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    3,960
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Kamal Miller is what Ali and Bill think Mavinga still is

  21. #231
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    15,703
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

  22. #232
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    2,606
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Kamal Miller is what Ali and Bill think Mavinga still is
    Was very obtainable in the offseason too. Pains me to say that Montreal has been making shrewd moves lately.

  23. #233
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Burlington
    Posts
    4,118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Was very obtainable in the offseason too. Pains me to say that Montreal has been making shrewd moves lately.

    They have a proper GM in Renard

  24. #234
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    3,960
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    "Tata? Who's that?", Bill Manning said as he hurriedly called his pal Ali to let him know that the paperwork on Ben Olsen had just cleared legal.

  25. #235
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    77
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Go and get Eustaquio now to replace Bradley in the mid and if need be to free up more cap then trade Delgado.

  26. #236
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Section 110 Row 24
    Posts
    7,126
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil744 View Post
    Go and get Eustaquio now to replace Bradley in the mid and if need be to free up more cap then trade Delgado.
    I think his next move will be to a bigger club in Portugal. Maybe somewhere else

    But yes, this is the type of player we desperately need in our midfield.

  27. #237
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    5,313
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil744 View Post
    Go and get Eustaquio now to replace Bradley in the mid and if need be to free up more cap then trade Delgado.
    He’s at an age and at a skill level that we aren’t getting a look in. Oso was our best midfielder this year and he’s not at Eustaquios level.

  28. #238
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    5,489
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    He’s at an age and at a skill level that we aren’t getting a look in. Oso was our best midfielder this year and he’s not at Eustaquios level.
    I wouldn't want him to come here either. He should move onward up the chain in Europe and get to his best. Don't settle for whatever money and stuff to come to MLS yet.

  29. #239
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    2,606
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Soteldo has been posting some weird cryptic stuff on Instagram and TFC seems like they are operating with the idea of having an open DP spot.

  30. #240
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    5,489
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Soteldo has been posting some weird cryptic stuff on Instagram and TFC seems like they are operating with the idea of having an open DP spot.
    They're kind of operating like they have lots of open DP spots.

    Still wouldn't be surprised to see the three of the current DPs out and let Bradley (or whoever) pick 3 new ones.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •