Page 157 of 191 FirstFirst ... 57107147153154155156157158159160161167 ... LastLast
Results 4,681 to 4,710 of 5705
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    The wording there is awkward. It first says he'll be the highest paid defender in MLS and make at least $1.2M. The previous highest paid defender was Tim Parker who was on $1.2M. The Athletic reported that from their understanding we won't be able to buy down Salcedo. We'll just have to wait a few months until the MLSPA drops their salary guide or see if we end up adding another DP once Jozy is gone.
    it might also be that he has to take a DP slot this year because the player we traded with was a DP, so he would assume the same roster status?

if so, he might be TAM eligible next season?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are others who are far more knowledgeable on this than I, but I found it interesting it was separate announcements and not outline as swap deal. Does this mean there is some potential GAM money with an outbound transfer on Soteldo?? Maybe they worked it out with no transfer fee for Salcedo and a reduced transfer net for Soteldo. Basically a swap disguised as two opposing transfers?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Judging by Salcedo's attacking of Mexican journalists tonight, he is gonna be thrilled to come to a place like Toronto where he can just chill and try to get invited to Drake's mansion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The wording there is awkward. It first says he'll be the highest paid defender in MLS and make at least $1.2M. The previous highest paid defender was Tim Parker who was on $1.2M. The Athletic reported that from their understanding we won't be able to buy down Salcedo. We'll just have to wait a few months until the MLSPA drops their salary guide or see if we end up adding another DP once Jozy is gone.
    Also - Steven Buffery at the Toronto Sun reported last week that he could be bought down: "The 6-foot-2 Salcedo, 28, will be signed as a Designated Player to a multi-year deal, though his contract status could change down the road (to a TAM player)." https://torontosun.com/sports/soccer...r-salcedo-swap

This was an excellent piece of business. Well to done to Manning.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So the roster guidelines for MLS Next Pro were announced today. Each team will be able to have up to 35 players on their roster including 24 pros and 11 amateurs. I assume the component of 24 pros will include both those that are loaned down from the first team and those that are signed to MLS Next Pro agreements. Each team will also have 7 international spots. As in MLS, Americans will count as domestics for the Canadian teams.

https://www.mlsnextpro.com/legal/202...uidelines.html

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    So the roster guidelines for MLS Next Pro were announced today. Each team will be able to have up to 35 players on their roster including 24 pros and 11 amateurs. I assume the component of 24 pros will include both those that are loaned down from the first team and those that are signed to MLS Next Pro agreements. Each team will also have 7 international spots. As in MLS, Americans will count as domestics for the Canadian teams.

https://www.mlsnextpro.com/legal/202...uidelines.html
    For reference, last year in USL League 1, TFCII has 22 players on pro contracts, 10 first team players played at least one game, then they had about 5-6 TFC U19 players (from L1O) including Hugo Mbongue (who is in the first team camp right now) come up.

USL League One rules were 30 man rosters. Academy players do not count to the 30. Max 5 Academy players on a gameday roster. 7 international spots. We once played a USL1 game with 8 First Team players in the lineup, which looks like they fully maxed that roster 22 USLs + 8 MLSs

Basically looks more or less identical to USL1
    Last edited by rydermike; 01-31-2022 at 09:41 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is interesting about 22 players being under a USL Pro contract, never thought it was that high, some years it was lower. I wonder if playing the first part of the season in Arizona and Florida played a part in that as you could not rely on academy kids early on. I think some of the roster requirements were to keep teams in check, likely did not want some teams going cheap and pretty much running out an academy team.

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    For reference, last year in USL League 1, TFCII has 22 players on pro contracts, 10 first team players played at least one game, then they had about 5-6 TFC U19 players (from L1O) including Hugo Mbongue (who is in the first team camp right now) come up.

USL League One rules were 30 man rosters. Academy players do not count to the 30. Max 5 Academy players on a gameday roster. 7 international spots. We once played a USL1 game with 8 First Team players in the lineup, which looks like they fully maxed that roster 22 USLs + 8 MLSs

Basically looks more or less identical to USL1

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lots of speculation on Salcedo contract but based on the way this was reported by TFC I think there’s good reason he’s DP.

By separating Salcedo and Soteldo into two separate transactions, I believe TFC might gain GAM/TAM from transferring Soteldo (maybe not due to DP) The negative is Salcedo transfer fee bumps him to DP. If you make this one deal there’s no benefit transferring Soteldo (other than freeing his spot) it’s just a player swap

Even though he’s a DP, I believe the transfer fee can be applied for 2022 only thus allowing them to buy him down later or possibly 2nd half by going an extension or restructure type route. I think you only got to get halfway before you can agree to new terms much like a guy on a one year can extend at the halfway point.

Regardless I’m trusting TFC on this one as it’s so murky there must be reasons.
    Last edited by Webdogg; 01-31-2022 at 10:15 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Judging by Salcedo's attacking of Mexican journalists tonight, he is gonna be thrilled to come to a place like Toronto where he can just chill and try to get invited to Drake's mansion.
    Salcedo can walk around Toronto anonymously and nobody will care who he is. How many places in the world you can name where a superstar can walk like an average joe?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Webdogg View Post
    Lots of speculation on Salcedo contract but based on the way this was reported by TFC I think there’s good reason he’s DP.

By separating Salcedo and Soteldo into two separate transactions, I believe TFC will gain GAM/TAM from transferring Soteldo. The negative is Salcedo transfer fee bumps him to DP. If you make this one deal there’s no benefit transferring Soteldo (other than freeing his spot) it’s just a player swap

Even though he’s a DP, I believe the transfer fee can be applied for 2022 only thus allowing them to buy him down later or possibly 2nd half by going an extension or restructure type route. I think you only got to get halfway before you can agree to new terms much like a guy on a one year can extend at the halfway point.

Regardless I’m trusting TFC on this one as it’s so murky there must be reasons.
    You can’t convert revenue from selling a DP to GAM

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^
    Yeah I re-read the rule and was editing while you posted this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Webdogg View Post
    ^
    Yeah I re-read the rule and was editing while you posted this.
    No worries. I agree with your end point though that however TFC structured this, it seems it’s maximizing salary cap options going forward

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tsubasa Endoh joins Melbourne City in Australia on a six month deal
    https://melbournecityfc.com.au/news/...-tsubasa-endoh
    Last edited by rydermike; 02-01-2022 at 10:07 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So it's February 1, and Jozy didn’t find a deal in Europe or Mexico. So that means he is staying in MLS.

At this point I am guessing teams just wait for the buyout, then SKC or whoever signs him the next day. (lots or Twitter talk that he will be the Pulido replacement)

Feels like they may as well just buy him out now, and be done with it. Can't imagine any sort of deal coming together or it going any other way. Although I suppose doing that just helps a rival, so maybe it's gotta be Feb 26.

Love him or hate him, you watch… he will score 4 goals in his first three games and get a USMNT call for the last window.
    Last edited by ensco; 02-01-2022 at 08:42 AM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Love the guy but doubt he turns the boat around from here. More likely he has a season like 2020 or 2021 than something vintage.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Love him or hate him, you watch… he will score 4 goals in his first three games and get a USMNT call for the last window.
    A healthy Jozy for the USMNT on Sunday, and the score line maybe looks different.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So it's February 1, and Jozy didn’t find a deal in Europe or Mexico. So that means he is staying in MLS.
    There are still a good number of leagues with open windows (Turkey, Switzerland, China, etc), but at this point I'm hoping against hope.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK, not to be pedantic, but I think we need more moderator guidance here on Jozy talk...

At this point I am guessing teams just wait for the buyout, then SKC or whoever signs him the next day. (lots or Twitter talk that he will be the Pulido replacement)

Feels like they may as well just buy him out now, and be done with it. Can't imagine any sort of deal coming together or it going any other way. Although I suppose doing that just helps a rival, so maybe it's gotta be Feb 26.

This post fits in here because it is talking primarily about buyout and roster... although it strays into other areas that belong better in the Jozy thread (I've bolded). On balance probably should have been posted in the Jozy thread because of dealing with more than the roster issue.

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    ^ Love the guy but doubt he turns the boat around from here. More likely he has a season like 2020 or 2021 than something vintage.
    This belongs in the Jozy thread. It has nothing to do with our roster.

A healthy Jozy for the USMNT on Sunday, and the score line maybe looks different.
    Definitely belongs in the Jozy thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
    There are still a good number of leagues with open windows (Turkey, Switzerland, China, etc), but at this point I'm hoping against hope.
    This fits here. Possible cap relief from selling him is relevant. Could also go in the Jozy thread.

I hope this helps us going on keeping our discussions on topic.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 02-01-2022 at 09:48 AM.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok.... lots of time.

Someone should do a poll... odds of happening

New Striker for TFC
    Jozy Buyout
    Lawrence leaves
    Keeper Change
    Osorio stays (hope so)
    Complete Surprise

Anything else?

And rank them

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^Thanks for guidance. Makes sense, will follow.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He wouldn't be in match shape by March. He might score 4 in 3 in his first matches but probably not until May.

As for our buyout, I think they are still haggling over $$$. They should just split the difference and be done with it.

But good point above; what's up with Lawrence? Heard nothing at all. Guess we see this weekend after Jamaica is done with this cycle.
    Last edited by Ultra & Proud; 02-01-2022 at 10:04 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    Ok.... lots of time.

Someone should do a poll... odds of happening

New Striker for TFC
    Jozy Buyout
    Lawrence leaves
    Keeper Change
    Osorio stays (hope so)
    Complete Surprise

Anything else?

And rank them
    - Striker: 100% (Jesus Jimenez)
    - Jozy buyout: 99%
    - Kemar: 50% - haven't heard anything else about it
    - Keeper change: 15% - I think we ride Bono/Westberg this season and see if Greg R can take over next year
    - Osorio: 90% - since he hasn't moved yet, a lot of options have closed. I think he stays with TFC for consistent minutes and maintain his place with the national team
    - Complete surprise: 35% - I think most of the possible moves, we've heard about (Cristico, Destro, Belotti)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm guessing the Lawrence shoe will drop once the qualifiers are done.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Odds of happening

New Striker for TFC -----> 95% but probably Jiminez and soon
    Jozy Buyout -----------> 100% bought out
    Lawrence leaves -------> No clue so 50/50
    Keeper Change --------> Hopefully but depends on Portland/Revs wanting Bono so 25%
    Osorio stays (hope so) ---------> 100% I guess. No takers this window and it's mostly shut
    Complete surprise ------> 10% Westberg retires in camp
    Last edited by Ultra & Proud; 02-01-2022 at 10:13 AM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Striker: 100% (of that Jimenez 95%)
    Jozy Buyout: 98% (done unless the club gets very lucky)
    Lawrence leaves: no idea
    Keeper change: 20%. Most likely run with Westberg/Bono unless a trade happens
    Osorio stays: 95% for now. Mexico has always been the most likely non-MLS option, although his CMNT service is raising his profile. He's a bit old and expensive for say a team in Spain to take a flyer.
    Complete surprise: 50%. I think they are working on potential stuff we have no idea about. Maybe a trade in the league. Maybe another youth signing. Maybe a new xAM player.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 02-01-2022 at 10:42 AM.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not much of an update, but Gornik Zabrze CEO says "nothing is certain" in regards to Jesus Jimenez's departure.

https://sparkchronicles.com/gornik-z...rturn-my-life/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So everything went quiet on the Italian front, or is Manning just heading out there to finalize deals?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
    Not much of an update, but Gornik Zabrze CEO says "nothing is certain" in regards to Jesus Jimenez's departure.
    Can you imagine his release clause expired at the close of the Xfer window like a certain other red....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smokecell View Post
    Can you imagine his release clause expired at the close of the Xfer window like a certain other red....
    I mean, it might? Poland's window closes later this month, I believe. Though if he's still with his team near the end of the month, it's unlikely TFC are in pursuit.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    Tsubasa Endoh joins Melbourne City in Australia on a six month deal
    https://melbournecityfc.com.au/news/...-tsubasa-endoh
    Good for him. Try something abroad for a bit.

I am going to follow him down there as I am curious to see the level compared to a fringe level MLSer.