Results 2,611 to 2,640 of 5705
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    Laryea passed his medical. Official announcement should be imment now
    With all this discussion on twitter soccer counts, where does Will Unwin fall in terms of good footy info, is here worth the follow for footy news?

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    Whatever about Go Train, European soccer leagues aren't a franchise model and areas aren't awarded a team by the decision of a commissioner. Tiny town teams that rise up the ranks do it purely on the merit of their own work and by getting better results than the larger town teams they're moving ahead of
    What do I care about that if I am Juve (or Napoli or any other big city club)? All they know is they get 1/2 the gate and 1/4 the TV ratings for games against clubs like that…

Once upon a time the Kenora Thistles won the Stanley Cup, but show me where the Leafs or Raptors are asked if they care about preserving the history/opportunity for towns like that?
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A random link out of Brazil says we have shown interest in Fabio who played on loan at everyone's favorite squad, New York Red Bulls last season. It says he prefers to play in Brazil.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    What do I care about that if I am Juve (or Napoli or any other big city club)? All they know is they get 1/2 the gate and 1/4 the TV ratings for games against clubs like that…

Once upon a time the Kenora Thistles won the Stanley Cup, but show me where the Leafs or Raptors are asked if they care about preserving the history/opportunity for towns like that?
    I don't have an opinion on who should care about what, was just saying smaller teams in big leagues isn't some rural appeasement or based on politics. Those leagues are ruthless free market meritocracies, any smaller team taking the place of a bigger one isn't any kind of tokenism but just a matter of them outperforming them

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^Hey call it what you want, I mean no offence, but whether Kenora gets the opportunity to compete for the Stanley Cup, or Sassuolo for the Scudetto… that is all politics. As the reaction to the super league showed…
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    ^Hey call it what you want, I mean no offence, but whether Kenora gets the opportunity to compete for the Stanley Cup, or Sassuolo for the Scudetto… that is all politics. As the reaction to the super league showed…
    Yeah but that's not Europe. Villarreal nearly winning the champions league with the population of Parkdale wasn't politics, it wasn't tokenism and no government or central agency put them there. They were there on merit, not any rural appeasement, and weren't given any political advantages over their bigger city counterparts.

I'm just saying calling small towns playing in big leagues in Europe 'rural appeasement' makes no sense. There's no central agency placing them there, they get there on results. You may not want them there, fine, but you can't claim they're there to appease some rural voters like a pointless go train stop

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You really want to derail this thread Ensco? This elitist attitude makes me angry.
    Last edited by Richard; 01-07-2022 at 01:23 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love the European model. Personally I prefer it. I love those stories. Leicester City. Lille. Darmstadt going up three levels in two years.

But it's not the future. Money will talk, and it will die, and it's just a question of what exactly delivers the death blow. Just my opinion.

Anyways, my point really is, if they go big on Serie A, MLSE would at least in part be filling an unmet market need that Serie A themselves should have identified long ago.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    You really want to derail this thread Ensco? This elitist attitude is makes me angry.
    Nope. I got killed in the Superleague debate here, nobody agrees with me.

You are right, back to transfer talk. I am just speculating on why MLSE might go big on Italian players. But I am just guessing…

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    TFC 2021-2022

General roster discussion

Player off-season moves/speculation/rumours
    Post your speculation/information/etc. here in this thread!

Confirmed (by traditional media or the club) signings can get a separate single thread. All other "inside" and other information goes here.
    Reminder of the topic of this thread.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2022 MLS Mock Super Draft (1st 6 picks)

Charlotte FC

Ben Bender (Midfielder, Maryland)

The attack-minded, box-to-box midfielder is a candidate to go here. He’ll need to develop as a two-way presence centrally, but could have opportunities sooner rather than later. Bender and adopted homegrown signing Chris Hegardt would form a nice tandem of young, domestic midfielders for Charlotte.

FC Cincinnati

Kipp Keller (Center back, Saint Louis)

If Keller is available here, new Cincy head coach Pat Noonan and general manager Chris Albright shouldn’t think twice. While the Saint Louis standout may not be ready to play immediately, he checks a lot of boxes in terms of previous draft success: young, domestic defender.

Toronto FC

Ahmed Longmire (Center back, UCLA)

There’s a long list of solid center back options in this draft pool. Longmire’s one of the more highly rated, despite missing a chunk of the fall season. Toronto can take a shot at boosting the backline depth here, or look to trade down for another option. It will be fascinating to see what Bob Bradley does in his first draft with Toronto.

Houston Dynamo FC

Isaiah Parker (Winger, Saint Louis)

A left-sided winger, Parker was explosive and difficult to deal with in his lone season at Saint Louis. He could have positional flexibility, as the Dynamo could look to play him up front or convert him to a left back, which would really harness his speed.

Austin FC

Ryan Sailor (Center back, Washington)

Austin already feature one former UW center back on the roster in Freddy Kleeman. If they like what they see in Sailor, it could lead the Verde in this direction.

FC Dallas

Ousseni Bouda (Forward, Stanford)

While striker is a position of need, it’s hard to pass on the potential of Bouda. The winger is a live-wire attacking talent that can score goals and create them, which is something FC Dallas could use. The Generation adidas status is helpful as well.

Charlotte FC

Ben Bender (Midfielder, Maryland)

The attack-minded, box-to-box midfielder is a candidate to go here. He’ll need to develop as a two-way presence centrally, but could have opportunities sooner rather than later. Bender and adopted homegrown signing Chris Hegardt would form a nice tandem of young, domestic midfielders for Charlotte.

FC Cincinnati

Kipp Keller (Center back, Saint Louis)

If Keller is available here, new Cincy head coach Pat Noonan and general manager Chris Albright shouldn’t think twice. While the Saint Louis standout may not be ready to play immediately, he checks a lot of boxes in terms of previous draft success: young, domestic defender.

Toronto FC

There’s a long list of solid center back options in this draft pool. Longmire’s one of the more highly rated, despite missing a chunk of the fall season. Toronto can take a shot at boosting the backline depth here, or look to trade down for another option. It will be fascinating to see what Bob Bradley does in his first draft with Toronto.

Houston Dynamo FC

Isaiah Parker (Winger, Saint Louis)

A left-sided winger, Parker was explosive and difficult to deal with in his lone season at Saint Louis. He could have positional flexibility, as the Dynamo could look to play him up front or convert him to a left back, which would really harness his speed.

Austin FC

Ryan Sailor (Center back, Washington)

Austin already feature one former UW center back on the roster in Freddy Kleeman. If they like what they see in Sailor, it could lead the Verde in this direction.

FC Dallas

Ousseni Bouda (Forward, Stanford)

While striker is a position of need, it’s hard to pass on the potential of Bouda. The winger is a live-wire attacking talent that can score goals and create them, which is something FC Dallas could use. The Generation adidas status is helpful as well.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good with any CBs or GKs. If one of them sticks around and becomes a starter it's like hitting the lottery.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I need more rumours. Give me news. I'm living off the Insigne high.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Here, I guess. Insigne official tomorrow. The guy is a tuttomercato director. Popular but not very reputable Italian transfer news outlet.

https://twitter.com/NickCecca/status...rc=twsrc%5Etfw

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
    Here, I guess. Insigne official tomorrow. The guy is a tuttomercato director. Popular but not very reputable Italian transfer news outlet.

https://twitter.com/NickCecca/status...rc=twsrc%5Etfw
    Saturday would be a weird day to announce the biggest signing in team history.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It would be good to see former draft pick Paul Rothrock get some minutes this year. He was excellent at TFC II last year and looks a player.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's a rumour we're going to get Ahmed Longmire (Center back, UCLA) in the MLS Suuupper Draft.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    There's a rumour we're going to get Ahmed Longmire (Center back, UCLA) in the MLS Suuupper Draft.
    There's also allegedly a keeper we're interested in but all I know aside from that is it's NOT Celenteno, the GA kid.

Reports in Italy say Insgine turned down E8.3M per season for us from Newcastle. Money talks. We might get Belotti yet, although I imagine at 28 and as clinical as he is he'd cost even more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Transfermarkt says we're interested in Lukas MacNaughton of Pacific FC.

https://twitter.com/TMusa_news/statu...on-interest%2F
    Last edited by jloome; 01-07-2022 at 04:37 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This isn't rumours or news but I was curious what ever happened with our pick from last year Matt Di Rosa. I recall him being a left back I believe, did he ever get to play for TFC II or where did he go, anyone know?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 613reppingTFC View Post
    This isn't rumours or news but I was curious what ever happened with our pick from last year Matt Di Rosa. I recall him being a left back I believe, did he ever get to play for TFC II or where did he go, anyone know?
    Playing with Loudon United in USL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    There's also allegedly a keeper we're interested in but all I know aside from that is it's NOT Celenteno, the GA kid.

Reports in Italy say Insgine turned down E8.3M per season for us from Newcastle. Money talks. We might get Belotti yet, although I imagine at 28 and as clinical as he is he'd cost even more.
    Lots of teams could use him - if he is moving Premier League teams alone could create a bidding war - West Ham, Wolves, Spurs, Brighton, Newcastle, and maybe even Man City all need an elite striker, for various reasons. We would be in tough to out compete those clubs. ( For example the BBC says this about Newcastle:

... there will be more activity before the end of January. Howe, head of recruitment Steve Nickson and consultant Nicky Hammond have been working hard in preparation for further moves. They want to strengthen in central defence and midfield, as well as find a striker after the recent calf injury to top scorer Callum Wilson. )

Last edited by MightyDM; 01-07-2022 at 05:56 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Insigne announcement tomorrow at 9:00am. Manning to talk at 11:00am

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by juve50 View Post
    Insigne announcement tomorrow at 9:00am. Manning to talk at 11:00am
    Yep. TFC's twitter account is now teasing it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Yep. TFC's twitter account is now teasing it.
    Great tease. Hopefully we see lits of those

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    Great tease. Hopefully we see lits of those
    If I didn't already get a pair of seasons this probably would have put me over the edge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yuushalinsky View Post
    If I didn't already get a pair of seasons this probably would have put me over the edge
    Yeah. I have pretty much decided that I am making the trek from Nova Scotia to BMO for Insigne's home debut.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's some discussion on Twitter that Dichio will be leaving the TFC academy to take a job with a USL Championship team. Would be sad to see him leave after how long he's been with the team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vince93 View Post
    If the stadium could get even the chorus line going, that would be something else to hear. Probably shock the heck out of Insigne, too.