Page 147 of 191 FirstFirst ... 4797137143144145146147148149150151157 ... LastLast
Results 4,381 to 4,410 of 5705
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    https://www.torontofc.ca/news/toront...preseason-camp
    New roster list out, however they don't have a legend this time... Either way Gio is the only one with three asterisks next to his name.
    I'm guessing the 3 astericks are just the unbridled enthusiasm of the typist.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really like having Chung in camp. He has been one of the better RB/LBs in the CPL the past few years. Would be a good depth option and Canadian to boot.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is this what having a domestic strategy looks like, Mr. Bob?!?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's going to be tough to win any games with this team! Hopefully Akinola and Achara are back in form this year...

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really like having Chung in camp. He has been one of the better RB/LBs in the CPL the past few years. Would be a good depth option and Canadian to boot.
    Makes a lot of sense to look at top CPL players. There's some decent players, maybe most not starters in MLS, but real potential. Overall I've been pleasantly surprised by the quality of the CPL, quite a bit better than USL One.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bob seems to have a lot of faith in the youth in order to get goals, other than Giovinco im not seeing any proven striker, not saying the selection is poor just somewhat shocked we arent going for more of a proven striker

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gracos View Post
    Bob seems to have a lot of faith in the youth in order to get goals, other than Giovinco im not seeing any proven striker, not saying the selection is poor just somewhat shocked we arent going for more of a proven striker
    Please note that this is early in the process of putting a new team together. They have 4 weeks still to bring in new players before the start of the season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by A Stick View Post
    Please note that this is early in the process of putting a new team together. They have 4 weeks still to bring in new players before the start of the season.
    thank you i was thinking this was the final list for everyone attending so they can bring in more players for trial as preseason progresses

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Endoh I always felt was a decent depth player, who could fill in in a few different spots. Nothing spectacular, but decent enough, with some moments of brilliance. Seemed like a good overall teammate, was always one of the first to run to a player to celebrate, worked his way back into the first team after getting cut in 2017 and signing with TFCII. My main concern was using a valuable international spot on a 20th man on the depth chart and wanted the team to move on to free up that international spot. The fact he would no longer require one getting the residency means I would be fine with him staying. However, it's probably good for him to move on. I think he deserves a shot where he can get move consistent play time. Maybe head to USL-C, spend a couple years as a starter, and then see if you can crack the MLS again.

Edit: Just realized he's 28. I thought he was about 25/26. Heading to USLC now and then a return to MLS at 30-31 probably isn't as realistic
    Last edited by rydermike; 01-27-2022 at 10:53 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by A Stick View Post
    Ya this is a full on rebuild. I don't expect this roster to be close to complete until the start of 2023 season.

We'll be able to field a lineup that can play Bob's system to start 2022 - and the kids will need to prove themselves. Maybe sneak into the playoffs off the backs of a couple players.

But I don't see that system winning silverware (other than Canadian Championship) until next season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    Ya this is a full on rebuild. I don't expect this roster to be close to complete until the start of 2023 season.

We'll be able to field a lineup that can play Bob's system to start 2022 - and the kids will need to prove themselves. Maybe sneak into the playoffs off the backs of a couple players.

But I don't see that system winning silverware (other than Canadian Championship) until next season.
    Canadian Championship has to be the main goal this year. Can't win the CCL without a spot! And it will take a season or two for the team to gel into a real force. Anything that happens in MLS this year will almost just be a warm-up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's the list so we don't have to keep clicking the link

Toronto FC 2 Players
    Andreas Vaikla - GK
    Kobe Franklin
    Rohan Goulbourne
    Talen Maples
    Dante Campbell
    Antonio Carlini
    Kosi Thompson
    Hugo Mbongue

Trialists
    Kadin Chung
    Damia Viader
    Wilson Harris

Draft Picks
    Luka Gavran GK
    Reshaun Walkes

Invited to Train
    Sebastian Giovinco

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did i miss something... whats up with Kemar Lawrence and Jonathan Osorio??

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tonyvigs View Post
    oh shit. Didn't even realize Oso wasn't there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why not look at Mohamed Farsi on trial if we’re checking out fullbacks? Certainly he has to be the best one in the CPL.

His agent was selling multiple club interest and that he won’t be returning to Calvary, but yet to see any news of him landing somewhere.

Edit: never mind, he signed with Columbus’s second team. Wtf?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tonyvigs View Post
    Oso and Kemar are away with their national teams. Oso was in camp prior to leaving to join up with Canada.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Why not look at Mohamed Farsi on trial if we’re checking out fullbacks? Certainly he has to be the best one in the CPL.

His agent was selling multiple club interest and that he won’t be returning to Calvary, but yet to see any news of him landing somewhere.
    He's going to Crew 2 https://calgarysun.com/sports/soccer...ith-mls-crew-2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a strange move…

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oso and Kemar are away with their national teams
    They could've been the **** key. Osorio was already at camp earlier, so to not list him, but list Giovinco who was invited but not there yet is weird.

Jonathan Osorio****

****away with National Team

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a strange move…
    Smart move by Bez. Farsi has European aspirations. Maybe there's a chance for some development followed by the Crew receiving a transfer fee when he's sold somewhere. Per Manning that isn't TFC's business model, but some MLS clubs use that as a business model.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a strange move…
    There was some stuff in The Athletic a few weeks ago about how there is basically no salary cap in MLS Next Pro. Maybe they offered him something like $125k/year on a multi-year deal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rudy Camacho posted an Instagram Story back in Montreal. Since he isn't on the training camp roster I doubt he'll be with TFC this season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like Manning is heading to Italy on February 7th to finalize Criscito and try to convince Destro to join.

Last edited by MikeForbes; 01-27-2022 at 12:08 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Looks like Manning is heading to Italy on February 7th to finalize Criscito and try to convince Destro to join.
    Doesn't MLSE have modern technology like fax machines to get these signatures on documents? Why do we always have to travel there?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post

Who ever is running Total_TFC has been doing a great job this off season. They've been sourcing everything, which is hard to come by from content aggregators in football.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RealG-TFC View Post
    With Endoh gone Seba makes sense if he accepts that sort of role.
    It also makes sense for Bradley to give him the equivalent of a tryout. They save any blushes by calling it "training", but it gives them a chance to assess whether he still has enough speed to create separations.

Seba's skills won't have gone anywhere. His ability to make the quicker move and find a gap may have. He made the case in one of his interviews that they used him as a deep-lying playmaker in Saudi, so fewer goals.

But it might be that a 3/4 speed Seba is still a better striker than many in this league.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Doesn't MLSE have modern technology like fax machines to get these signatures on documents? Why do we always have to travel there?
    Manning missed out on his paid Italian vacation back at the start of the month. He needed to sign Criscito as an excuse to head back over.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who ever is running Total_TFC has been doing a great job this off season. They've been sourcing everything, which is hard to come by from content aggregators in football.
    While I appreciate the common sense in marketing to Toronto's large Italian community, it's worth noting that the Polish community there is nearly as big (about 6.5% Italina, 4% Polish extraction).

Charlotte just signed a buddy of Buksa's as a DP striker. The league there is quite similar in talent to MLS (a little better on the domestic front, a little worse on the international player front). I can't imagine MLS has mined all the quality yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Absolutely. It is a must follow account for anyone on here who wants a aggregator who sums up the source material into a nice little blurb.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is obviously some chance we are signing Seba. Holy crap.

Although if Seba has to go through allocation, I don’t get why we would bother - how could we waste a high allocation pick on this?

Those allocation slots are very valuable - Charlotte just traded their number one pick to Miami for the number 9 pick and a 25 year old starting CB
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”